Start by marking “Watch Over Me” as Want to Read:
Watch Over Me

Watch Over Me

From the author of Come Back to Me comes a striking new novel about a young woman— desperately trying to protect her family from their violent father—who finds safety, and a passionate romance, with an ex-Marine.

Ever since Zoey was a kid she’s been caring for her mom and her little sister, defending them from her violent father. She’s been the strong one, the responsible
Published December 3rd 2019 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Watch Over Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watch Over Me

Start your review of Watch Over Me
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Watch Over Me was beautifully emotional and gripped me from that first page. There was a thriller element to this story that kept me terrified with what was to come next. And even though I'm not a thriller girl, it fit perfectly into this story and I loved every minute of it. Especially since the characters leaped off of the pages, the relationships burrowed deep into my heart and the story made me turn the pages faster. I absolutely loved Watch Over Me and I can't recommend this book enough!
I
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 4th book in a series but they can all be read as standalones.

Brother’s best friend, suspense, family and love. This book was just as emotional as the rest of the books in this series. This story follows Zoey and Tristian. Zoey is a caring person, while she takes care of her brother and basically her mother too, she is always putting everyone first. Tristian becomes the perfect fit and match for Zoey. He helps her out and becomes the person she needs in life, he helps Zoey lift that
Madi ~☆TheBookNerdDiaries☆~
3.5

I received an e-ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review and this has is no way affected my review.

TW// Domestic violence (Descriptions of name calling, physical abuse, stalking, gun violence)

Watch Over Me is my fourth Mila Gray read and the sort of fourth book in the Come Back to Me series. The series isn't a series in terms of it being the same story over several books, but all the books share similar storylines (most being some sort of military romance) and a
Samantha (WLABB)
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zoey thought they had escaped her abusive father, but after a suspicious fire, her family was forced to up and move again, in hopes of evading him. Life in California seemed full of promise. A nice home, a good job, and her brother's best friend, Tristian, to watch over them. But, this was just the quiet before the storm.

This story started with a BANG! Literally. And, once the action started, it never really slowed down. I was quite stressed out, but at least I had a white hot romance to ease
Jessica (the naptime writer)
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Netgalley but all opinions provided are my own.

Zoey dreams of a time when she can do what she wants, be who she wants, but that’s an impossibility right now: she’s got her siblings and mother to care for & her abusive father to worry about. The latter becomes an even more pressing worry when Zoey’s car explodes outside of their apartment & she learns that her formerly imprisoned father has been released. An abusive man before he was
Haley Campbell
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Things I liked – I really enjoyed Zoey and Tristan’s characters. I felt they were distinctly individual and well developed. I liked the premise of the book and the way that the story plays out. It never came across as forced or inorganic. It didn’t feel *too* rushed. There were ups and downs and it was just generally very sweet. Zoey’s past is very troubled and Tristan treats her so well. I loved their relationship.

I also really loved the relationship between Zoey and her siblings. The author
Meghan
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing - Simon Pulse in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I love stories like these when Military men return from duty and find that there is a family in need and in this case it was Zoey's family raising everyone with what they had from the damage their father set for them and after spending years in jail, he finally gets out and starts looking for the rest
Carro Herdegen
Nov 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kiss-the-book
Language: R (140 swears, 17 “f”); Mature Content: R; Violence: PG13
Growing up in an abusive home taught Zoey to be paranoid and defensive all the time to take care of her loved ones. But she let her guard down because they were supposed to be safe – there was no warning that her father got out of jail early on parole. Running from him once more, Zoey wonders if her family will ever be safe and if she’ll ever be free from fear.
Zoey’s story is fine, though a little predictable. Watch Over Me has
Frances
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
I loved LOVED LOVED Come Back to Me b y Mila Gray. This one was so good too!
A younger Zoey testifies and gets her father put in prison. Years later he's released and back to finish hurting his family.

Zoey is all about her family. She's always saving them and putting herself first. She's used to never doing anything fun or having a life unless it's to support her family.
A family friend Tristan. He steps up to be there for Zoey, even though that could be crossing a line with her brother. Their
Angiegomez714
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great story of a domestic violence situation. Yes there’s a brief love story but that’s definitely not the focus of the book. The cover is deceiving because I thought the book was going to be like to other Mika Gray books that I loved so much. Even though it wasn’t really a love story I enjoyed it!
Kendra
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
** Thank you Edelweiss+ and Simon Pulse for the advance copy

Watch Over Me,- set in the Come Back to Me series world- is a romantic thriller about 18 year old Zoey, her family, and the father who is determined to have his revenge.
It moves fairly quickly, and has a very predictable love story, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. While not my favorite in this series, I still give Watch Over Me 3.5
Genni Eccles
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
another solid romance by Mila Gray! Minus one star because the pacing was a bit off for me and I would have liked to see more peaceful scenes, but I was kept hooked and loved the relationship.

*i review an e-arc of Watch Over Me via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*
Amanda Yates
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet but sad story. Very well written and a joy to read. Definitely one to add to your must read list. I hope you enjoy it like I did.
Jean
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to love this book. Compared to the other books in this series this one fell flat. The story felt rushed and wasn’t very strong.
Asís González Córdoba
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5?
Amanda Shepard (Between-the-Shelves)
A fast-paced, heartfelt romance perfect for winter reading. Stay tuned for a full review tomorrow!
Sarah Peters
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5*

Review coming soon
Cassie
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, december, new-adult, own
I'm always on the lookout for a military story. This story was heartbreaking, thrilling, mysterious, hopeful, and romantic. I enjoyed reading about Zoey and Tristan's journey. The fallout felt a bit off to me, but overall an enjoyable read.
Caroline Victoria
NSK
Dec 01, 2019
Rachel Ann
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • The Library of Lost Things
  • Dirty Letters
  • Down Too Deep (Dirty Deeds, #4)
  • Frankly in Love (Frankly in Love, #1)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • Blindsided
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands, #4)
  • Lethal Redemption (Steele Ops, #2)
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • Outmatched
  • Two Together (Naked Trilogy #3)
  • Hitched: Volume One (Imperfect Love, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
Mila Gray is the pen name for Sarah Alderson, author of Hunting Lila, Losing Lila, The Sound, Fated and Out of Control.

Originally from London she has lived in Bali for the last four years with her husband and daughter.

As well as writing young adult fiction under the name Sarah Alderson and adult fiction under the name Mila Gray, she also writes screenplays.

You can find out more at www.milagray.com