Start by marking “The Complete Novels of Jane Austen” as Want to Read:
The Complete Novels of Jane Austen

The Complete Novels of Jane Austen

This new, enhanced leather-bound edition includes all the completed novels of beloved author Jane Austen.

Jane Austen’s stories of clever women, elusive love, and social mores have struck a chord with millions of fans who consider her work compelling, heartwarming, and essential. Adapted time and again for screen and stage, these enduring classics remain as enjoyable as
Published October 8th 2019 by Canterbury Classics (first published July 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Novels of Jane Austen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Novels of Jane Austen

Start your review of The Complete Novels of Jane Austen
E.P.
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An enormous Jane fan, I simply couldn't let the 200th anniversary of her death pass unnoticed. It's a melancholy date, especially since she was taken from us so young, when she may have just been coming into her true powers as a novelist, but we can be grateful to have at least gotten the six brilliant canonical novels, plus several other works in various stages of completion and polishing, from her before she was taken from the world too soon.

This is not the exact edition I have, but it's the
Laura Stenzel
Sep 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We're about to take a transatlantic flight so I figured now is a good time to read the whole collection again. Is it wrong that my carry-on weighs more than I do? :)
Christopher (Donut)
I am not reviewing a particular edition. I had a Jane Austen omnibus edition once, and it was not easy to read from. I just wanted to make some notes regarding ALL the novels, which I re-read in 2017 with an online discussion group.

And this review is based on re-reading the books, so I am not worrying about SPOILERS.

Incidentally, there are 720 different ways of ranking Austen's novels, but only 120 ways if Northanger Abbey is always last. My own personal ranking did not change, although as
Miriam
Jan 19, 2012 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I'm still in the process of reading this collection, but I will add a new part of the review everytime I'm done with another book.

1. PRIDE AND PREJUDICE - STOLZ UND VORURTEIL
I really liked the story of Pride and Prejudice. I started to read this book several times in English, but I never got pretty far. Now that I tried it in German it didn't took very long to read it. Even though Jane Austen wrote her books some time ago you can see that she understood how relationship worked back then and
Sheryl Browne
Apr 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found a beautiful miniature hardcover collection of Jane Austen's novels whilst holding a booksigning of my own. It was too exquisite to resist. What could I do?
Georgi_Lvs_Books
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
I’ve been listening to the audio of these books because of a readathon I was involved with on Instagram but.... oh my days I’m really not enjoying it!

The only one I’ve liked is Pride and Prejudice. I still have Emma, Persuasion and Lady Susan to get through.

But I have so many more books I want to read/listen to that this just isn’t going to happen any time soon. And I need to admit defeat!!!

I do own the physical copy of Emma so I will maybe give this ago sometime in the future.
Aleta
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
These books are just beautiful.
Erin
I only listened to Persuasion, but I'd go back and listen to more. The narrator is fabulous.
Nathan
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had read four of Jane Austen’s six novels at various times in the past, but when I got an invitation two months in advance to participate in a panel discussion of this author, I decided to take the opportunity to read all six novels in order. This yielded a fresh and increased appreciation for Austen as one of the rightful heirs to Shakespeare for her rich characterization and penetrating insight.

Austen sits at the turning point between two literary ages – the aristocratic, which dealt with
Diane
Jun 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book contains all 6 of Jane Austen's novels: Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Mansfield Park, and Northanger Abbey. Now that I've read them all, I am totally a Jane Austen Fan. She has created some of the best heroines in her stories: Elinor Dashwood in Sense and Sensibility; Anne Elliot in Persuasion; Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice (sigh, also a shout out to Mr. Darcy); Emma Woodhouse in Emma; Fanny Price in Mansfield Park; and Catherine Morland in ...more
donna
Jul 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In England, Jane is considered the 'Bard of Bath," mostly because her insights into human nature are nearly as acute as Shakespeare's. I bought a collected works because I love all of them and why the heck not?!?!?! This edition is awesome.

Here's a rundown on what I think:

Pride and Prejudice--SOOOOOO deserves its popularity and acclaim. Darcy and Eliabeth are the best. Jane's wit at it's greatest in her novels.

Sense and Sensibility--I personally find the Dashwood girls kind of boring and single
Claire
Dec 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Northanger Abbey: Finished 13/11
I actually really enjoyed this! More than I have some of her others (barring Emma and Pride and Prejudice - I can't even really remember what happened in Sense & Sensibility). It felt a bit unfinished though (lots of sections are skipped over), but I found it really genuinely funny, some laugh out loud moments. I loved it when Catherine was making up outrageous stories, and when she is wandering around in the middle of the night. XD
Jane Dmochowski
Dec 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Jane Austen! True, the book has no real story, and Emma is fairly despicable in so many ways, but still, having just read it for my second or third time, I again could not wait for her to realize her true love was (the much, much older, almost like a brother) Mr. Knightly and for them to fall hopelessly in love. And in between I loved the humor, the beauty of the writing and pure honesty when it came to the ridiculousness of the elitism.
Cheriwinkle
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I should say I have a collection with these novels in it. I am reading Northanger Abbey. I have seen the movie Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow as Emma and did not like the story at all. However, I'm going to try to read it and see if my opinion changes. My goal is to read everything of Jane Austen's as I adore Pride & Prejudice, Persuasion, Sense &Sensibility, and Mansfield Park.
Amy
Jan 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't own this set of leatherbound. I do have the complete works in one bound volume, though. I LOVE Jane Austin. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite. Then Emma and Sense & Sensibility, then Mansfield Park, then Persuasion and Northanger Abby.
Amelie
Apr 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely beautiful collection, the books are of a snug, compact size that many novels actually were in Austen's day. Each individual book has a fine paper dust jackets over cloth bound covers, built-in bookmarks of red satin ribbon and gold-leaf edging to the pages.
Gail
Jan 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had not really read them just pieces in college, so thought I would give it a go. I loved them I could not put them down. The diallogue reminds me of growing up in the south and even today. I must say that after Jane gets them engaged, she is done and ends the book, I wanted more!
Becky
Jan 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read most of these in high school. I had a great English teacher who loved Jane Austen. It is fun to try to sort out the characters that belong to each book- from memory as I go. I'm devouring them as quickly as my 4 children will allow me to do so.
Sadaf
Gud stories
Nina Leung
Apr 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my 3rd reading of this book. I love Jane Austen. There's really nothing more to be said. Perfection.
Dimple
Feb 11, 2009 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'd love to own this!
Sonni-Ann
Aug 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jane Austin Is my favorite author her stories never go out of style
Emily Jones
Jan 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love that all of Jane Austin's amazing books are all in one. It's a great read!
Kimberley
Too sentimental and 'flowery' for me.
Andrea
Aug 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Actually read P&P and loved it so much!!! Working on Emma also...
Sylvia gunn
i heard great things about this book it just makes me want to read it
Susan Ford
Feb 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Teach this book every year! What a wonderful look at life!
Bms3116aol.com
Dec 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O
J Philpot
Apr 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nathan bought me the collection as a gift. I love to read these on Sundays.
Martha
May 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the word slapping battle of the sexes:)
Goodreads Librari...: please combine 4 13 Apr 03, 2019 12:06PM

• What Would Buffy Do? The Vampire Slayer as Spiritual Guide
  • Hurrell's Hollywood Portraits
  • Calvin and Hobbes 2: One Day the Wind Will Change
  • Calvin and Hobbes 1: Thereby Hangs a Tale
  • The Best of the Hardy Boys Classic Collection Volume 1 (The Hardy Boys #1,3,44)
  • The Feeling Good Handbook
  • The Blessing of a B Minus: Using Jewish Teachings to Raise Resilient Teenagers
  • Calvin and Hobbes 3: In the Shadow of the Night
  • What's Your Poo Telling You?: (Funny Bathroom Books, Health Books, Humor Books, Funny Gift Books)
  • Harry and the Wrinklies
  • My Madder Fatter Diary (Rae Earl, #2)
  • Only Nine Chairs
  • My Fat, Mad Teenage Diary (Rae Earl, #1)
  • Anecdotes in Ashes
  • OMG! Is This Actually My Life? (Hattie Moore, #1)
  • Bishop: A True Lover's Story
  • Blue Moon III: Call of the Alpha (Blue Moon #3)
  • King of Liars (Ace's Wild, #4)
Jane Austen was an English novelist whose works of romantic fiction, set among the landed gentry, earned her a place as one of the most widely read writers in English literature, her realism and biting social commentary cementing her historical importance among scholars and critics.

Austen lived her entire life as part of a close-knit family located on the lower fringes of the English landed