Start by marking “Silly Lullaby” as Want to Read:
Silly Lullaby

Silly Lullaby

What’s the best way to say good night? With a silly lullaby from the beloved and bestselling Sandra Boynton.

It all starts with the big bear observing to the little bear in the red footie pajamas:

Your pajamas are on.
There’s a duck on your head.
I think that this means
you are ready for bed.

Curl up with your favorite little person and this charmingly unpredictable
Board Book, 16 pages
Published August 27th 2019 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Silly Lullaby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silly Lullaby

Start your review of Silly Lullaby
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
We just don't have enough fun in our world today. So thank heavens for Sandra Boynton who pops out these wonderful, clever, and completely silly stories for the very youngest of our world.

This little board book has a bear dad singing his little bear child to sleep with a wacky song, a song so random that it just may inspire parents to create their own personal zany off-to-bed tune.
Becky
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
First sentence: Your pajamas are on. There’s a duck on your head. I think that this means you are ready for bed.

Premise/plot: Calling all zoodles and noodles, it’s bedtime! This is a reprint of a book originally published in 1997. If you’re not familiar with Sandra Boynton’s work, this would be a great one to start with!

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I did. It isn’t unusual for bedtime stories to feature lullabies. This one features a very silly lullaby full of silly words and mix-ups.
Valerie
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads, childrens
So cute! I loved it and so did my grandson. Full of fun rhymes that make you giggle. A great story for bedtime.
Olivia
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yabc-reviews
Boynton is a hit with toddlers, and this is another charming book that makes it easy to see why. SILLY LULLABY is full of delightful nonsense. The book contains a song that is a completely ridiculous lullaby, with the chickens in the bathtub, a closet full of sheep, and sneakers in the freezer. The book contains the musical bars to allow you to follow the made up tune. If, like me, you are out of practice at reading music, you can listen to the song (or download it) from sillylullaby dot com. ...more
Tonja Drecker
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Silliness hits high in this sweet little lullaby which makes absolutely little sense and will have those tired eyes happily ready for bed time.

This is a short, cute and absolutely ridiculous book. The first line might sound normal, but already with the second, nonsense starts and will have kids saying 'huh?' before diving into a world of giggles, snorts and nonsense. When the lullaby really gets underway, it starts with an accompanying tune, written out for those who might be ready to sing this
Erin Buhr
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
This book begins "Your pajamas are on. There's a duck on your head. I think that this means you are ready for bed." The silliness that follows will not surprise Boynton fans. In the middle is a gibberish lullaby that may just be the song your little ones insist on hearing every single night for months to come. Boynton is back with another delightful board book full of goofy words, cheerful animals (including my favorites - the chickens) and a book that your toddler will want to read again and ...more
John
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: addyvi
I like this book because of the part with "I love you, Fitsy Foo," and also I like the part where it shows the shows in the fridge all drifting off to sleep? And I like the part too where there's chickens in the bathtub and a closet full of sheep. "Goodnight, Fitsy Foo."
Becky Carleton
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even if you think your can't carry a tune, kids don't care. Sing this super silly lullaby with your little ones before they outgrow your lap!
Stephanie
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun read, as always
Mary
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super cute and silly! Sure to be a bedtime favorite!
Kimberly
I was halfway guessing at the tune since I'm not great at reading music while also reading words, but this is very cute. I several lines made both my son and I giggle.
Brindi Michele
this is fun for a pajama storytime/program
Erin H
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My kids are always a Sandra fan. I'll have to look up how the song actually goes online, because I am guessing I was off. ...more
Michael
My toddler is a big fan of Sandra Boynton, but I think this book was a little confusing for her.
Kaydee
Sep 19, 2019
Dylan Teut
Sep 13, 2019
Littlebibliofile
rated it did not like it
Dec 08, 2019
Momma Brin
Oct 14, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sulwe
  • I Love All of Me (Wonderful Me)
  • Just Because
  • My Cat Looks Like My Dad
  • Angelina Ballerina
  • I Need a New Bum!
  • B Is for Baby
  • Harold & Hog Pretend For Real! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #6)
  • The Proudest Blue
  • Good Night Like This
  • Now I'm Big!
  • Do You Like My Bike?: An Acorn Book (Hello, Hedgehog! #1)
  • Unicorn Day
  • Llama Llama Hoppity-Hop
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, ...more