Start by marking “A Single Light (The Line Between #2)” as Want to Read:
A Single Light (The Line Between #2)

A Single Light

(The Line Between #2)

In this sequel to The Line Between, cult escapee Wynter Roth and ex-soldier Chase Miller emerge from their bunker to find a country ravaged by disease, and Wynter is the only one who can save it.

Published September 17th 2019 by Howard Books

Win a Copy of This Book

• A Single Light by Tosca Lee
    A Single Light (The Line Between #2)

Release date: Sep 19, 2019
    The breakneck sequel to THE LINE BETWEEN by NYT bestselling author Tosca Lee!

"A[n] edge of your seat, heart-palpitating tale.” –Top Shelf Magazine

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 20 copies available, 2430 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Mar 30 - Apr 11, 2021

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about A Single Light, please sign up.
    Carol Werner Harris So Far this is the final book. Absolutely fantastic book. I can see where there could be another one though! Hopefully

Start your review of A Single Light (The Line Between #2)
    Debra
    Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
    This is the sequel to The Line Between and I highly recommend reading that book first, because a.) It's an awesome book and b.) you really need to know the back story. This book ex-cult member Wynter Roth and ex-soldier Chase Miller emerge from the safety of the silo/bunker to find a landscape and people ravaged by disease, rogue leaders, greed, those trying to survive and those that have been infected. There is no sign of Noah or any one of his men, so Wynter and Chase embark on a desperate sea ...more
    Norma
    Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
    3.5 Stars!

Action-packed, suspenseful, & foreboding!

A SINGLE LIGHT by TOSCA LEE is an entertaining, enjoyable and fast-paced dystopian/apocalyptic story that is packed full of non-stop action. This book starts off six months after where the first book, THE LINE BETWEEN leaves off.

The story is exciting and full of suspense and tension. I thought it did start off a little bit slow though but around the half-way mark the tension builds extremely fast and the action never stops.

I definitely think t
    Tosca Lee
    Jul 01, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
    I wish I could bring you back with me in time to September, 2018. It's about 4am, I'm writing A Single Light on deadline, and feeling a little superstitious and even nervous because...

I'm having a ball. Giggling maniacally, even. Just a little.

What you need to know is I am *not* one of those authors who finishes a manuscript and think it's great. Every time I've written a book on deadline, I've worried I've just created a career-ending piece of crap. And here I was writing the sequel to a book
    Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
    3.5 stars.

An action packed, thrilling dystopian adventure!

This novel is the continuation of Wynter Roth’s brave and suspenseful journey to save the world. We see how the storyline progresses after the dramatic ending of the first book. I was looking forward to spending more time with Wynter and she was just as courageous and skillful as she was in the first book. She is a fantastic main character who I loved rooting for!

I enjoyed following Wynter’s journey, however, this book didn’t intrigue me
    Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
    Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Tosca Lee is in her element with these dystopian thrillers. A Single Light is just as dynamic and exciting as The Line Between, and I can’t wait to tell you more about it!

Wynter and Chase have been living in the silo underground for over six months. When they exit the silo, no one is there to help them. Wynter needs antibiotics to help her friend Julie.

Wynter and Chase don’t give up easily, and they are on the hunt for medicine for Julie, while her life is left in the balance. While they thoug
    Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
    Final review first posted on FantasyLiterature.com:

It’s unnerving reading a book about a devastating pandemic at this point during the COVID-19 crisis, but in fairness, this near-future SF duology by Tosca Lee was published in 2019, so Lee gets credit for anticipating a timely topic. The first book, The Line Between, tells how Wynter Roth, a young woman in her early twenties, escapes from a doomsday cult and (obligatory spoiler warning for the first book here) is entrusted with some tissue sampl
    J.D. Barker
    Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Last year, I had this to say about THE LINE BETWEEN, the first book in this series:

An edge-of-your-seat, nonstop, apocalyptic rollercoaster of a thriller! As only she can, Tosca Lee pulls the reader in and refuses to let go until the final heart-pounding page!

This weekend, I read the follow up, A SINGLE LIGHT, and found it absolutely riveting. Tosca Lee is a born storyteller! Treat yourself to this series - you'll be glad you did.
    Corina
    Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    The first book, The Line Between I finished in just under two days (10 hrs and 7 mins). And the second one, A Single Light took only three days (9 hrs and 43 mins). These two books should be read as one book. They belong together and need to be read together to get the full picture and a full conclusion with HEA.

I have always been fascinated with anything surrounding religious sects. Anything from compounds, to the stories from survivors and escapees. Combine that with a chilling plot of a deadl
    Miranda Reads
    Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
    description

Desperate people do crazy things.
    After a desperate flight for safety - Wynter, Chase, Truly and their family friends manage to make it to the silo - an underground bunker made to preserve humanity in the face of extinction.

Wynter and her niece, Truly, are still struggling to adapt to the new world.
    She asks her questions at night. About why I took her away from the compound we grew up in. Why her daddy couldn't come. Questions I answer with lies.
    Wynter has a secret - she had sa
    Amber J
    I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler-free way. If you feel anything in my review is a spoiler and is not already hidden in spoiler brackets please let me know. Thank you.

I decided to read this book almost as soon as I finished the first one. I had gotten the first one as a free giveaway and I really enjoyed it. This one was good but not as good as the first. I was a bit disappointed, but still, in the end, I'm glad I read it for closure in this duology.

I found certain parts
    Anne ✨
    Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: dystopian
    Phew, my heart can stop racing now! This one's action-packed and suspenseful, I could not stop listening. A worthy sequel, stronger than the first book - more character development, more plot, more action, more everything! I really liked this! It does lean YA with young MC's, but the action and plot make it well worth the read! ...more
    Basic B's Guide
    Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
    “Six months after vanishing into an underground silo with sixty others, Wynter and Chase emerge to find the area abandoned. There is no sign of Noah and the rest of the group that was supposed to greet them when they emerged—the same people Wynter was counting on to help her locate the IV antibiotics her gravely ill friend, Julie, needs in order to live.”

What follows is a fast-paced search for medicine and answers. Where in the world has Noah disappeared to and why has he abandoned them? As Chas
    Berit☀️✨
    Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: arc-physical, 2019
    This is such an amazing series! Highly recommend! RTC
    Mrs. Y
    Tosca Lee and her team behind her, have honored me again. The team sent me an advanced reader copy through NetGalley of “A Single Light,” and I want to take a moment to thank everyone involved for their generosity; it means a lot to receive such a treat.

“A Single Light” is the sequel to “The Line Between” that I reviewed earlier this year. The story is a dystopian fiction set in the not-too-distant future. Readers have a real sense of what happens to people pushed to the brink of discomfort and
    Debra Slonek
    Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: 2019-reads
    A Single Light picks up where The Line Between left off. 63 people are living, surviving and cooperating together in an underground silo, a well planned and well constructed shelter. They are sealed in to be protected from a flu-borne pandemic, total chaos and mass destruction going on above ground.

Imagine being locked in underground. You are safe and your needs are being met. What would you miss the most? Sunshine, rain, animals or even freedom...?

As the days spent underground add up, tensions,
    DeAnn
    Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2020
    4 apocalypse stars

This one is the sequel to “The Line Between” which I read in October 2018. I rated that one 3.5 stars, this one was a bit more of a hit with me. I DO recommend reading “The Line Between” first, you will get much more out of the sequel and understand more of what’s going on!

The main characters of Wynter and Chase return but they have a bumpy road to get through as some secrets emerge. Sixty folks are locked into an underground bunker in the hopes of waiting out the virus and get
    Christine Indorf
    Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    The story takes place 6 months after the 1st book. You find Wynter and Chase and Wynter niece hiding in an underground silo with 63 other persons. Half way through the outside world closes and the ones inside doesn't know what is happening outside in the real world. When they come out life as they know is had changed. Wynter friend needs antibiotics to save her life, so Chase and Wynter goes out to try to find them. But what will they find in the world they haven't seen in 6 months? The adventur ...more
    Mackey
    Rarely do I enjoy a sequel as much as the first in the series but A Single Light definitely fell into that category. In fact, I may have enjoyed it more! The characters in this series are so realistic and the pandemic that is sweeping across the world a bit too close to home make this series one of the best I've read. I cannot recommend these books highly enough. NOTE: Definitely read these books in order or you will be lost. ...more
    Dana
    Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: review-copies
    OMG. A Single Light did NOT disappoint!!! The story picks up right where The Line Behind left us.... you know, craving more Wynter Roth! The story starts in an underground silo, completely sealed off from the world above. 63 people living together with 169 days until the door unlocks. Wynters friend Julie has been injured, is in need of IV antibiotics and is fighting for her life.

The door unlocks ... the fast paced, edge of your seat action starts! Wynter & Chase emerge from underground to find
    Yaritza
    May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
    The apocalypse has continued. This next book in the series will have you running for your life to the very end. This book was action packed. Wynter is a fierce woman who learned to fight and survive in just a few days from being released from the enclave, which was a cult. In just a few days she was in the middle of a war zone needing to fight to survive in order to save those who she love, while being creative and burning and exploding her way out of towns that had overpowering and cruel leader ...more
    Valerie in Nebraska
    Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2019-print-books
    What a sequel! Before reading A Single Light, you must read The Line Between to get the full impact of this thriller. The action picks up soon after the conclusion of The Line Between.

In the not-so-distant future, a very contagious disease (rapid early-onset dementia) is sweeping across the United States and the power grid is gone. Society quickly dissolves into chaos and martial law. A group of 63 people is secured in a large underground bunker for 6 months to 'wait out' the disaster. When they
    Ann Lou
    Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    A little unnerving considering the similarity of the virus we are experiencing these days. Stay home. Stay safe.

After months of hiding in the underground shelter. Wynter, Chase and others expected the world will be better when they emerge. But it got worse. What happened to the vaccine? What happened to Noah?

This is fast paced and very engaging. Wynter has come a looooong way from being a member of a cult to saving the world. This did not disappoint and I wanted to read more. Skip a few months
    Kelly Bridgewater
    End of the World thrillers are interesting. They take on a what-if scenario and run with it. As for Tosca Lee with her The Line Between and A Single Light, Lee crafts a world that begins with a cult escape and turns into a vaccine that is needed to save the world from early dementia. I highly recommend reading these two novels in order or the second novel really won't make much sense. I even went back and re-read the first one before diving into the second one because I read so many books in be ...more
    Heather Gilbert
    Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: 2019-reads
    One of my fave reads of 2019!

WOW. I'd been intrigued by the premise of this series (I'm a sucker for a great post-apocalyptic novel), and I was pleasantly surprised. Even though I haven't read book 1 yet (trust me, I WILL be reading it!), I found A SINGLE LIGHT to be paced like a train...it started out chugging along steadily, but by halfway through, it was barreling down the express tracks, and I had to stay up late into the night to see how it ended. The first person point of view is perfect f
    Linda
    Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: audio
    Several month ago, I picked up the first book in this duo, The Line Between, after seeing some high ratings and good reviews from friends here on GR. It was a fascinating read and very unique. It's a little bit dystopian, a little bit apocolyptic and a little bit thriller. I was so impressed with how the author was able to pull all that off in the first book. And then I found out there was a sequel and I signed up on the wait list at the library right away.

I am so happy to report that the seque
    Victoria Bylin
    Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2019
    From the back cover: "Fast-paced and taut, A Single Light is a breathless thriller of nonstop suspense about the risks of living in a world outside the safe confines of our closely-held beliefs and the relationships and lives that inspire us."

That's a perfect description of this book. It's chilling to read about a world in such dire straits. At the same time, there's love at the core of the story. And hope. Buckle up! It's quite a tale. My only frustration was the huge cast of characters. I read
    Nicole
    Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Tosca Lee has outdone herself with A Single Light. It’s an unrelenting, breakneck, thrill ride of a book--so fast-paced I found myself skimming chapters and then forcing myself to go back a read at a more reasonable pace to be sure I didn't miss anything. This heartbreaking read is also suffused with hope and hints at the beauty of new beginnings. Gorgeously written and absolutely unputdownable. All the stars! ...more
    Joee (booksandacupofjoee)
    Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
    This duology was just so delightful and exciting to listen too!! It's freaky to think about but apocalypse type setting are so interesting and nerve racking!

This one definitely kept me on my toes and there were SO many road blocks. Almost too many but it kept it thrilling. I felt exhausted for them! But oh how I ADORE Chase and Wynter! Their little love story kept me so invested. I just loved how they worked together! I even teared up a couple times!

This was a great end to the duology but I will
    StarMan
    YA VERDICT: Passing grade for YA fiction. ~2.9 YA stars. Action and danger, and of course a little YA romance. NO love triangle.

ADULT VERDICT: 1.8 stars. Too much arguing and shouting, not enough use of brain cells.

NOTE: Read Book 1 (The Line Between) first. Otherwise you'll miss out on the background of most of the characters, as well as the beginning of the pandemic/Apocalypse.
    Debbie
    Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
    The previous novel had such a cliffhanger ending. Now, six months after going underground into the silo, Wynter and Chase emerge to see what awaits in the new world. As the synopsis suggests, there is no sign of Noah and their friend Julie is ill, so the hunt for antibiotics begins rapidly. As Wynter and Chase explore the new terrain, they realise that the world has not progressed as they hoped while they were underground and danger awaits them at every turn.

While this started out slower in sett
    « previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
    Tosca Lee's Noct...: A SINGLE LIGHT advance copy giveaway! (Ending soon!) 4 15 May 21, 2019 05:38PM

• Forbidden (The Books of Mortals, #1)
    • The Girl Behind the Red Rope
    • Nine
    • Ghoster
    • Genesis (Jack Stapleton & Laurie Montgomery, #12)
    • Love and Other Mistakes
    • Raven Lane
    • The Noble Guardian (The Bow Street Runners, #3)
    • Synapse
    • The Warehouse
    • The Calling (Seer #2)
    • A Cosmology of Monsters
    • Once Upon a Christmas: Contemporary Retellings of Timeless Tales
    • The Andromeda Evolution (Andromeda #2)
    • Mumbo Gumbo Murder (A Scrapbooking Mystery #16)
    • Wooing Cadie McCaffrey
    • The Deception (Maximum Security #2)
    • Heart Land
    "Superior storytelling."
    -Publishers Weekly

"One of the most gifted novelists writing today."
    -Steven James, bestselling author

Tosca Lee is the award-winning, New York Times, IndieBound, and Amazon bestselling author of eleven novels including THE LINE BETWEEN, A SINGLE LIGHT, THE PROGENY, THE LEGEND OF SHEBA, ISCARIOT, and the Books of Mortals series with New York Times bestseller Ted Dekker. Her w

The Line Between (2 books)
    • The Line Between (The Line Between #1)

News & Interviews

“There is beauty in the world still. Even now. And it's worth saving for that reason alone.” 2 likes