Start by marking “A Single Light (The Line Between #2)” as Want to Read:
A Single Light (The Line Between #2)

A Single Light

(The Line Between #2)

In this sequel to The Line Between, cult escapee Wynter Roth and ex-soldier Chase Miller emerge from their bunker to find a country ravaged by disease, and Wynter is the only one who can save it.

Published September 17th 2019 by Howard Books

To ask other readers questions about A Single Light, please sign up.
Carol Werner Harris So Far this is the final book. Absolutely fantastic book. I can see where there could be another one though! Hopefully…moreSo Far this is the final book. Absolutely fantastic book. I can see where there could be another one though! Hopefully (less)

Start your review of A Single Light (The Line Between #2)
Debra
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the sequel to The Line Between and I highly recommend reading that book first, because a.) It's an awesome book and b.) you really need to know the back story. This book ex-cult member Wynter Roth and ex-soldier Chase Miller emerge from the safety of the silo/bunker to find a landscape and people ravaged by disease, rogue leaders, greed, those trying to survive and those that have been infected. There is no sign of Noah or any one of his men, so Wynter and Chase embark on a desperate ...more
Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!!
3.5 Stars!

Action-packed, suspenseful, & foreboding!

A SINGLE LIGHT by TOSCA LEE is an entertaining, enjoyable and fast-paced dystopian/apocalyptic story that is packed full of non-stop action. This book starts off six months after where the first book, THE LINE BETWEEN leaves off.

The story is exciting and full of suspense and tension. I thought it did start off a little bit slow though but around the half-way mark the tension builds extremely fast and the action never stops.

I definitely
Tosca Lee
Jul 01, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I wish I could bring you back with me in time to September, 2018. It's about 4am, I'm writing A Single Light on deadline, and feeling a little superstitious and even nervous because...

I'm having a ball. Giggling maniacally, even. Just a little.

What you need to know is I am *not* one of those authors who finishes a manuscript and think it's great. Every time I've written a book on deadline, I've worried I've just created a career-ending piece of crap. And here I was writing the sequel to a book
Lindsay - Traveling Sister
3.5 stars.

An action packed, thrilling dystopian adventure!

This novel is the continuation of Wynter Roth’s brave and suspenseful journey to save the world. We see how the storyline progresses after the dramatic ending of the first book. I was looking forward to spending more time with Wynter and she was just as courageous and skillful as she was in the first book. She is a fantastic main character who I loved rooting for!

I enjoyed following Wynter’s journey, however, this book didn’t intrigue me
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tosca Lee is in her element with these dystopian thrillers. A Single Light is just as dynamic and exciting as The Line Between, and I can’t wait to tell you more about it!

Wynter and Chase have been living in the silo underground for over six months. When they exit the silo, no one is there to help them. Wynter needs antibiotics to help her friend Julie.

Wynter and Chase don’t give up easily, and they are on the hunt for medicine for Julie, while her life is left in the balance. While they
J.D. Barker
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Last year, I had this to say about THE LINE BETWEEN, the first book in this series:

An edge-of-your-seat, nonstop, apocalyptic rollercoaster of a thriller! As only she can, Tosca Lee pulls the reader in and refuses to let go until the final heart-pounding page!

This weekend, I read the follow up, A SINGLE LIGHT, and found it absolutely riveting. Tosca Lee is a born storyteller! Treat yourself to this series - you'll be glad you did.
Corina
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book, The Line Between I finished in just under two days (10 hrs and 7 mins). And the second one, A Single Light took only three days (9 hrs and 43 mins). These two books should be read as one book. They belong together and need to be read together to get the full picture and a full conclusion with HEA.

I have always been fascinated with anything surrounding religious sects. Anything from compounds, to the stories from survivors and escapees. Combine that with a chilling plot of a
Miranda Reads
description

Desperate people do crazy things.
After a desperate flight for safety - Wynter, Chase, Truly and their family friends manage to make it to the silo - an underground bunker made to preserve humanity in the face of extinction.

Wynter and her niece, Truly, are still struggling to adapt to the new world.
She asks her questions at night. About why I took her away from the compound we grew up in. Why her daddy couldn't come. Questions I answer with lies.
Wynter has a secret - she had samples that
Berit☀️✨
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc-physical
This is such an amazing series! Highly recommend! RTC
Mrs. Y
Tosca Lee and her team behind her, have honored me again. The team sent me an advanced reader copy through NetGalley of “A Single Light,” and I want to take a moment to thank everyone involved for their generosity; it means a lot to receive such a treat.

“A Single Light” is the sequel to “The Line Between” that I reviewed earlier this year. The story is a dystopian fiction set in the not-too-distant future. Readers have a real sense of what happens to people pushed to the brink of discomfort and
DeAnn
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
4 apocalypse stars

This one is the sequel to “The Line Between” which I read in October 2018. I rated that one 3.5 stars, this one was a bit more of a hit with me. I DO recommend reading “The Line Between” first, you will get much more out of the sequel and understand more of what’s going on!

The main characters of Wynter and Chase return but they have a bumpy road to get through as some secrets emerge. Sixty folks are locked into an underground bunker in the hopes of waiting out the virus and
Debra Slonek
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
A Single Light picks up where The Line Between left off. 63 people are living, surviving and cooperating together in an underground silo, a well planned and well constructed shelter. They are sealed in to be protected from a flu-borne pandemic, total chaos and mass destruction going on above ground.

Imagine being locked in underground. You are safe and your needs are being met. What would you miss the most? Sunshine, rain, animals or even freedom...?

As the days spent underground add up, tensions,
Basic B's Guide
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
“Six months after vanishing into an underground silo with sixty others, Wynter and Chase emerge to find the area abandoned. There is no sign of Noah and the rest of the group that was supposed to greet them when they emerged—the same people Wynter was counting on to help her locate the IV antibiotics her gravely ill friend, Julie, needs in order to live.”

What follows is a fast-paced search for medicine and answers. Where in the world has Noah disappeared to and why has he abandoned them? As
Yaritza
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The apocalypse has continued. This next book in the series will have you running for your life to the very end. This book was action packed. Wynter is a fierce woman who learned to fight and survive in just a few days from being released from the enclave, which was a cult. In just a few days she was in the middle of a war zone needing to fight to survive in order to save those who she love, while being creative and burning and exploding her way out of towns that had overpowering and cruel ...more
Valerie in Nebraska
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-print-books
What a sequel! Before reading A Single Light, you must read The Line Between to get the full impact of this thriller. The action picks up soon after the conclusion of The Line Between.

In the not-so-distant future, a very contagious disease (rapid early-onset dementia) is sweeping across the United States and the power grid is gone. Society quickly dissolves into chaos and martial law. A group of 63 people is secured in a large underground bunker for 6 months to 'wait out' the disaster. When they
Dana
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-copies
OMG. A Single Light did NOT disappoint!!! The story picks up right where The Line Behind left us.... you know, craving more Wynter Roth! The story starts in an underground silo, completely sealed off from the world above. 63 people living together with 169 days until the door unlocks. Wynters friend Julie has been injured, is in need of IV antibiotics and is fighting for her life.

The door unlocks ... the fast paced, edge of your seat action starts! Wynter & Chase emerge from underground to
Kelly Bridgewater
End of the World thrillers are interesting. They take on a what-if scenario and run with it. As for Tosca Lee with her The Line Between and A Single Light, Lee crafts a world that begins with a cult escape and turns into a vaccine that is needed to save the world from early dementia. I highly recommend reading these two novels in order or the second novel really won't make much sense. I even went back and re-read the first one before diving into the second one because I read so many books in ...more
Heather Gilbert
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
One of my fave reads of 2019!

WOW. I'd been intrigued by the premise of this series (I'm a sucker for a great post-apocalyptic novel), and I was pleasantly surprised. Even though I haven't read book 1 yet (trust me, I WILL be reading it!), I found A SINGLE LIGHT to be paced like a train...it started out chugging along steadily, but by halfway through, it was barreling down the express tracks, and I had to stay up late into the night to see how it ended. The first person point of view is perfect
Linda
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Several month ago, I picked up the first book in this duo, The Line Between, after seeing some high ratings and good reviews from friends here on GR. It was a fascinating read and very unique. It's a little bit dystopian, a little bit apocolyptic and a little bit thriller. I was so impressed with how the author was able to pull all that off in the first book. And then I found out there was a sequel and I signed up on the wait list at the library right away.

I am so happy to report that the
Victoria Bylin
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
From the back cover: "Fast-paced and taut, A Single Light is a breathless thriller of nonstop suspense about the risks of living in a world outside the safe confines of our closely-held beliefs and the relationships and lives that inspire us."

That's a perfect description of this book. It's chilling to read about a world in such dire straits. At the same time, there's love at the core of the story. And hope. Buckle up! It's quite a tale. My only frustration was the huge cast of characters. I read
Nicole
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tosca Lee has outdone herself with A Single Light. It’s an unrelenting, breakneck, thrill ride of a book--so fast-paced I found myself skimming chapters and then forcing myself to go back a read at a more reasonable pace to be sure I didn't miss anything. This heartbreaking read is also suffused with hope and hints at the beauty of new beginnings. Gorgeously written and absolutely unputdownable. All the stars!
Joee (booksandacupofjoee)
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This duology was just so delightful and exciting to listen too!! It's freaky to think about but apocalypse type setting are so interesting and nerve racking!

This one definitely kept me on my toes and there were SO many road blocks. Almost too many but it kept it thrilling. I felt exhausted for them! But oh how I ADORE Chase and Wynter! Their little love story kept me so invested. I just loved how they worked together! I even teared up a couple times!

This was a great end to the duology but I will
Debbie
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
The previous novel had such a cliffhanger ending. Now, six months after going underground into the silo, Wynter and Chase emerge to see what awaits in the new world. As the synopsis suggests, there is no sign of Noah and their friend Julie is ill, so the hunt for antibiotics begins rapidly. As Wynter and Chase explore the new terrain, they realise that the world has not progressed as they hoped while they were underground and danger awaits them at every turn.

While this started out slower in
MJSH
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Rage and grief are twins you birth at once. With gnashed teeth and high, tight keens. Until there's nothing but pain and stupor."

Wow. And I had thought The Line Between (book 1) had been intense, action-filled, and terrifying (in a good, suspenseful thriller kind of way). This second book, A Single Light, tops the first. Really. How does Tosca Lee do it? I'm not sure. But, man, this book will keep you bouncing on the edge of your toes, anticipating.....waiting.....for the next bend in the plot
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Wow! I really enjoyed The Line Between and was thrilled to find out there would be more. The whole Line Between series is a dystopian thriller with suspense. I don't know if it will continue, or if this is a duology. Things could have ended after the first book but I was so excited to get another story.

While the first book
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I heard author Tosca Lee was writing a sequel to The Line Between, published January 2019, and that it would be released before the end of the same year, my excitement knew no bounds.

A thriller, A Single Light, continues the story of Wynter Roth and Chase Miller as they emerge from the underground silo where they have hidden for six months. Along with 60 others, Wynter and Chase have lived together in a highly upgraded and technologically advanced world created by a man named Noah, a man
Jessica
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Bobbie Kirner
Shelves: arcs-netgalley
Now THAT'S how you do a sequel. "The Line Between" proved that Tosca Lee was a master of intrigue, character building, and story-telling. If the world she built of the Enclave and the cult, then the apocalyptic epidemic that runs rampant over the country, then I don't even know what kind of stories you might enjoy. But with "A Single Light" she upped the ante.

Wynter is a fugitive, locked away from the disease, hiding for her life....But even that doesn't keep Wynter safe. Every turn of the page
Cheryl
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent follow-up to book one

I enjoyed book one in this series THE LIGHT BETWEEN but wanted more about the pandemic spreading across the country. Well, book two delivers.

Wynter, Chase and Truly have found shelter (along with others from book one) in an underground silo with sixty other people in Nebraska. It has been prepared to keep its occupants safe for six months as the flu-borne pandemic rages above ground.

But at the end of six months, they climb out of the silo to desolation and they
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
3.5 Stars
This is one of those cases when the second novel in a series was possibly even better than the first. When it comes to series, I almost always say that sequels can't live up to the original book. However, this was one of those wonderful, rare exceptions. Certainly, I enjoyed reading The Line Between, but I ended up enjoying this sequel a little more.

Once again, the author blended together a cult backstory with an apocalyptic event. This second book was more focused on the survival
Marsha Dixon
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one kept me reading well into the night! The story picks up where the first book left off. You could read this one alone as the author gives a little backstory about certain events and people from book one, but you will get more out of it if you take the time to read the first one. I loved the characters and the challenges they faced. I’ve read several books by Tosca Lee and I believe this may be the best yet.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Tosca Lee's Noct...: A SINGLE LIGHT advance copy giveaway! (Ending soon!) 4 13 May 21, 2019 05:38PM

• The Girl Behind the Red Rope
  • Synapse
  • Brand of Light (The Droseran Saga #1)
  • Protecting Tanner Hollow (Tanner Hollow, #1-4)
  • Unscripted
  • A Match for Emma (Mitchell's Crossroads, #3)
  • Ford (The Montana Marshalls, #3)
  • Smoke Screen
  • Wyatt (The Montana Marshalls, #4)
  • Echoes Among the Stones
  • Day Zero (Day Zero Duology, #1)
  • End Game (Capital Intrigue, #1)
  • Dark Ambitions (Code of Honor #3)
  • The End of the Magi
  • Storm Rising (Book of the Wars, #1)
  • Just One Kiss (Harbor Pointe, #3)
  • Minor Dramas & Other Catastrophes
  • Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)
"Superior storytelling."
-Publishers Weekly

"One of the most gifted novelists writing today."
-Steven James, bestselling author

Tosca Lee is the award-winning, New York Times, IndieBound, and Amazon bestselling author of eleven novels including THE LINE BETWEEN, A SINGLE LIGHT, THE PROGENY, THE LEGEND OF SHEBA, ISCARIOT, and the Books of Mortals series with New York Times bestseller Ted Dekker. Her

The Line Between (2 books)
  • The Line Between (The Line Between #1)
“There is beauty in the world still. Even now. And it's worth saving for that reason alone.” 0 likes