Start by marking “Dragon Curse (The Unwanteds Quests, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Curse (The Unwanteds Quests, #4)

Dragon Curse

(The Unwanteds Quests #4)

Ten years after Alex and Aaron Stowe brought peace to Quill and Artimé, their younger twin sisters journey beyond Artimé in the fourth novel in the New York Times bestselling sequel series to The Unwanteds, which Kirkus Reviews called “The Hunger Games meets Harry Potter.”

At last, after harrowing battles and devastating losses, the three Stowe siblings are reunited. Back i
Published September 3rd 2019 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Curse

Start your review of Dragon Curse (The Unwanteds Quests, #4)
Vicki
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why why do I do this to myself? I loved this book, but now I have to wait for the next one!!
Cherie
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Things are looking bad everywhere!
Amelia
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
First of all: good news, everyone! We’re making progress on the magical cell phone front. They’re text-only so far, but as a millennial, I can respect that.

I can honestly say that I never have any idea how one of these books is going to end. Lisa McMann just keeps throwing new things at her characters - and us - until we hit the acknowledgments and once again ponder why we keep tormenting ourselves with these rude cliffhangers when we could wait until the whole series is complete instead.

But of
Amy
Cora
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
*Minor Spoilers Below!*

Seriously, how does Lisa McMann do it? This is technically the eleventh book in the series, and yet none of the ideas seem forced or overused.

The land of Grimere has become a wonderful wonderful setting, and hasn't gotten old in the slightest, even after 4 books of it. And Artime is a newer, more modern, more artsy version of Hogwarts! I love it with all my heart.

And then there's the characters! The Revinir is a spectacular villain, with just enough backstory to give her
LeeAnne
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one is my favorite of this series - so far! I loved how Thisbee's leadership is showing through while Fifer's has stalled. It mirrors the tone of when Alex was feeling left out in the first series. I'm ready for the next one! ...more
Eva
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
A possible theme for this book could be: think of other's feelings before you act. ...more
Anthony ➳ KeepReadingForward ➳
5/5
This Review was first posted on Keep Reading Forward. If you want to see more, check out our other locations as well as here.

In Dragon Curse, we’re most likely at the half way point of the series and this book shows for it. Tensions are rising from multiple sides and civil war is brewing. The Unwanteds are stuck in the middle of it, being pulled in different directions. Almost everything didn’t go as planned.

Although I would rather have the Unwanteds not experience any of this, I am sort of h
Deanna Holdsworth
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although the surviving Stowe siblings are thrilled to be home in Artime, not all is well with them as individuals as they deal with the changes in themselves and in their home. Fifer was the leader in the land of the Dragons but now Aaron is in charge, she misses her relationship with Simber. There are citizens of Artime who do not want Aaron running things because of things he did as a young man. He gives up his leadership to the leader of those that don't want him in charge, Frieda Stubbs. Thi ...more
Aly
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
YuJa
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay, so it's a cute book with ships sailing and hearts broken. I like the new Thisbe, she's more wild and rebellious in a good way. She still thinks about all those she loves and acts upon her instincts of protecting her only family after Alex's death (very sad). Fifer is getting kinda annoying, I don't like how she wished she's still in command when her leadership had to lead them to more disaster. Honestly why host a party after a stroke of luck. It's not any better that she's lashing out all ...more
Carsyn
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book a lot, although I thought it seemed more like it was setting up for the next book than a standalone novel. I enjoyed the drama that occurred pretty much constantly throughout the book, and I appreciate how the author took the time to develop the characters' feelings, and how we could see their emotional struggles. I felt like the whole thing was pretty predictable, with no major plot twists, but maybe it's just a wind-down from all the drama of the previous books. Or maybe it's ...more
Ashley Wahlert
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
These books are becoming way too easy to read (I was able to finish it in one day). I get that 13 is a big deal for the Unwanteds, but when I turned 13 it was definitely not that big of a deal. Now turning 18, THAT was a big deal.

Over all the book was pretty good, I am sure young teenagers will enjoy it. It's just not the same as the first series and yet it also feels like it's copying the first series. Maybe it's the fact that I don't quite relate to the characters in the way that I used to. I
April
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, children-s
They all reach home. Aaron's problems as head mage multiply. Thisbe wants to return to help Rohan. Fifer just wants to celebrate and wishes she still was the leader people looked to.
The dragon Reviner comes after Thisbe. Thisbe returns to the dragon lands.
Everything is awful - I think that might be a line from a song, but it captures the state of this imaginary world at the end of the book.
I feel like events are taking a long time to progress. I don't know if that is partly due to listening to
Hannah Belyea
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Though finally reunited in Artimé, Thisbe knows she must return to Grimere for her people, while Fifer desperately tries to find her place and Aaron faces further calls for his removal as Head Mage - and when the Revinir threatens their home again, each choice could mean the start of war. McMann brings another exciting entry where fantastical dangers and an endearing cast deliver a brilliant read. As the twins stray further apart, the shadow of the Revinir looms closer and closer...
Katt
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kiele McKinney
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I did not like Fifer in this book. She was a huge, jealous jerk to Thisbe and it made me very sad and mad. Though the scene with the ball was quite fun, Fifer obsessed over it too much when there was more important matters. She is starting to turn into Alex, and not necessarily in a good way... This one was great, onto the next and last for a month or so!
Twyla
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Yingling
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Library copy
Leah Waters
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was really good! I love the whole Unwanteds gang.
Sarah Newman
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Good continuation of the series
Merry
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
It had a bit of a slow start but the middle and the ending really drew me into the book. My favorite parts were the escape from the catacombs and the surprise ending.
Ash
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book in Unwanteds Quests so far. I loved it!
SecretlyAPotter
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jaden
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Lisa McMann. Can't wait to read the next book in the series. Keep up the great work Lisa. ...more
Elisabeth
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Myah
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
can't wait to get the next one!!!! ...more
Milena I Mc
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I laughed I cried and I can't wait for the next one. ...more
Daphne Belderol
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dev is a very interesting character. I like drock too. And the ghost dragons.
Joc
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Too many people are too childish in this book. Not worth reading unless you like cringing at utterly meaningless immaturity.

• Unlocked (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #8.5)
  • The Eternity Elixir (Potion Masters, #1)
  • Legacy (Keeper of the Lost Cities #8)
  • The Last Dragon (The Revenge of Magic, #2)
  • Master of the Phantom Isle (Dragonwatch, #3)
  • Champion of the Titan Games (Dragonwatch, #4)
  • Dragonslayer (Wings of Fire: Legends, #2)
  • Brandon Mull's Beyonders Trilogy: A World Without Heroes; Seeds of Rebellion; Chasing the Prophecy
  • Notorious
  • A Tale of Magic... (A Tale of Magic, #1)
  • The Silent Thaw (Warriors: The Broken Code, #2)
  • Sky Raiders (Five Kingdoms, #1)
  • The Missing Prince (Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Ranger, #4)
  • The Rogue Knight (Five Kingdoms, #2)
  • Return of the Temujai (Brotherband Chronicles, #8)
  • Spy School Revolution
  • Secret Origins (Story Thieves #3)
  • Clash of the Worlds (House of Secrets, #3)
Lisa McMann lives and writes in the Phoenix area. Her books include the NYT bestselling THE UNWANTEDS series (the new UNWANTEDS QUESTS series begins Feb 7, 2017) and the YA paranormal WAKE trilogy. Other books include the VISIONS trilogy, CRYER'S CROSS, DEAD TO YOU, INFINITY RING: The Trap Door, and the GOING WILD trilogy (book 2 coming autumn 2017).

You can find more info at Lisa'a website, lisamc

The Unwanteds Quests (7 books)
  • Dragon Captives (The Unwanteds Quests, #1)
  • Dragon Bones (The Unwanteds Quests #2)
  • Dragon Ghosts (The Unwanteds Quests #3)
  • Dragon Fire (The Unwanteds Quests #5)
  • Dragon Slayers (The Unwanteds Quests #6)
  • Dragon Fury  (The Unwanteds Quests, #7)