Start by marking “Love on Lexington Avenue” as Want to Read:
Love on Lexington Avenue

Love on Lexington Avenue

(Central Park Pact #2)

From New York Times bestselling author Lauren Layne comes the second delightfully charming installment in the Central Park Pact series, following a young widow whose newfound cynicism about love is challenged by a sexy, rough-around-the-edges contractor.

There are no good men left in New York City. At least that’s Claire Hayes’s conviction after finding out her
Audiobook
Published September 17th 2019 by Simon Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about Love on Lexington Avenue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love on Lexington Avenue

Cristina | CristiinaReads
A light yet dreamy second chance at finding love, Claire must learn to let her past go and accept this new love and admiration from a rugged and individual such as Scott...

We all saw it coming after reading the first novel in this series, Passion On Park Avenue, that this next novel was going to be either Audrey and Clarke, or Claire and Scott. Though I was hoping for more of Audrey, we were still able to get another story. And this one, just like the last took my breath away with all the emotional intimacy
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Just plain fun! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Love on Lexington Avenue is the exciting follow-up to Passion on Park Avenue, which I also recently read and enjoyed.

Claire Hayes is a young widow living in New York City. She is convinced there is no one for her in the city, and her late husband was one of the worst, even though it took her a long time to know it.

Claire wants to close the previous chapter of her life, so she decides to redesign her Upper East Side brownstone. Enter Scott Turner, her new contractor.

Scott i
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Something about Scott had wiggled beneath her defenses, slipped beneath the jaded cynicism that had been so firmly in place since Brayden died. She desperately wanted to believe that she’d be able to separate sex and emotion, but she was no longer certain she could. Not with him.

The women who formed the ”Central Park Pact” are back and now it’s the scorned widow who gAuthor}
Something
Kendall
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh! I absolutely love everything about this series! I started with book one last week and knew I was going to gobble up the rest of the series.

Ok... can we talk about how much I LOVED this book! Can we talk about strawberry lemonade?!! Hahah (you'll get this once you read this). I really like how authors don't just focus solely on the romance.... yes don't get me wrong this has plenty of romance but there is a story behind both main characters about growth, change, and findin
Robin (Bridge Four)
Release Day!!! 9/17/19

This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

4.5 Stars

Lauren Layne has been a favorite contemporary romance writer of mine for some time now.  Every single one of her books reminds me of a chick flick  I’ve made the hubs watch with me.  Love on Lexington Avenue completely fits that bill as well.

Claire is recently widowed. I’d like to say she/>Review/>This
Kristy K
2.5 Stars

I struggled a bit with this one. It took me a while to get into and while I like both Claire and Scott, I had a hard time connecting to their story. I still loved all of the side characters just as much as in the first book and hope Audrey and Clarke’s story is next.

I received an advanced copy through Netgalley in return for an honest review.
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lauren Layne's Fans, Romance
4.5 Loving This Series Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free-It's Live!!!
When Lauren Layne ponders on a series, she is laser-focused on just what works. She creates a world we all would want to be a part of...We are given characters who are smart, unique, capable in their own right and believe in having each other's back. Having these type of women friends out there overcoming real emotional obstacles has always been Layne's strong suit. The huge plus is she also knows how to write men who are equals to the women.

With
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Gallery Books)

photo E628A23C-7761-4B19-A1B5-CFEE9762D7B3_zpszqa6am8o.jpg

Claire Hayes is a socialite in Manhattan with polished manners and the perfect life. Then everything collapses around her as she becomes a window and learns her fairy tale was fake. She finds out her late husband was a liar and a cheat, and is left feeling angry and bitter. She no longer believed her prince charming was out t
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4.5 STARS!

Pics-Art-09-16-06-30-27

Love on Lexington Avenue is the second installment in the Central Park Pact series by Lauren Layne. This charming second chance romance follows a young widower and a brooding contractor.

Claire Hayes has just turned 35 and she has come to the realization that she's vanilla and... boring. She needs some strawberry lemonade 🍓 🍋 in her life. Determined to rid her home of any reminders of her past, Claire sets out to redesign her home and make it her own. Enter Scott Turner, the gr
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Awwwwe! What a great ending. 4.5 Stars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really enjoyed the first book in this series so when book two came out, I knew I had to read this one too!

I love the main premise of the female characters. A widow and her late husband’s mistresses become best friends and support each other through love and life. A fabulous premise and the result is a witty, clean romance that is fresh and delightful!

Love on Lexington Avenue is all about the
Savannah's Book List
|Thank you @gallerybooks @_lisafilipe @NetGalley for the eARC #partner|

Love On Lexington Avenue by @laurenlayneauthor is the second book in the Central Park Pact series. I haven't read the first book, Passion On Park Avenue, but after enjoying this book so much, I am definitely making time to read it soon!

Love On Lexington Avenue follows widow Claire Hayes as she attempts to move on with her life following her husband's death. I love how this book dealt with the very real but tough situation of
julia ♥
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read my full september romance wrap-up: here

“You’re it for me, Claire. But if you need time, I’ll wait as long as it takes.”

This was a book I wasn't sure I was going to love. I gave the first one in the Central Park Pact series three and a half stars, so I wasn't expecting a lot from this second instalment. But, oh boy, am I glad I decided to give this one a shot! Love on Lexington Avenue centers on widow Claire, who meets contractor Scott when he comes to renovate her house. The two don't hit it off immedi/>
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
This series is SO MUCH FUN! Lauren Layne gives us a delicious grumpy hero of a contractor in this one. Just imagine a widow who's trying to make her life pop with lots of color (especially pink) and a grump who is very anti-pink together. Total opposites (she's very upper class and he is not) but perfect together anyway. If you liked Passion on Park Ave you will adore this one too! I'm dying to get my hands on Audrey's book now.
Stephanie (Stephanie's Novel Fiction~on hiatus))
4.5 Stars

I am completely in love with this series by Lauren Layne! I adored Passion in Park Avenue, but I absolutely LOVED Love on Lexington Avenue!

Ever feel like your life has gotten a little boring, stale...a little vanilla? That's exactly how Claire Hayes has begun to feel in the year since her cheating husband died. Although she's developed wonderful friendships with both his girlfriend and his mistress (yeah, who would have ever thought?!), she's not really moved on
Zoe
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love this series. It’s humorous, heartfelt, and delightfully romantic!
Evie
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lauren Layne never disappoints. If you’re following this series, you’ll enjoy to read Claire’s and Scott’s story, although the one I’m really looking forward to now is Audrey’s and Clarke’s.
nick

The Central Park Pact series is not my favorite series from Lauren Layne, mainly because I don't feel like they are as romance-driven as her other books, but it's still a series that I'm finding myself enjoying. There's just something about her writing that lures me in with her signature charm and wit. As far as a second book in a series goes, Love on Lexington Avenue, which can be read as a standalone, is a superior romance than Passion on Park Avenue. That's probably because it has my favorite
☆ sana ☆
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best thing about this book was Scott and Claire’s development. I haven't enjoyed a contemporary romance series this much in so long.
Amy
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am obsessed with this series you guys, it’s so much fun! This is the second in a series, the first one is Passion on Park Avenue and there’s a third book coming out in early 2020. You could read this on it’s own but don’t, both books are such fun, fast and entertaining reads you don’t wanna miss out!

One of the best things about an LL book is her trademark humor and snark and this one does not disappoint in that area whatsoever. Claire and Scott are both smart and witty and their ba
abire

full review on my blog : https://dreadfullybookish.blogspot.co...

Going into this, I had no idea what to expect, all I knew was that I wanted more of the characters I met in Passion on Park Avenue. And this book did not disappoint.

So, what is this book about ?

Claire is a widow who no longer believes in love when she finds out her deceased husband was cheating on her with not only one woman, but two; and these are only the ones she’s awar
Tracy  C
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable. Poor Claire had so much to grieve for and I think she did a great job. I loved how she wanted to be Strawberry Lemonade. Despite everything she had been through, she put herself out there with Scott. He had some pretty legit reasons to be so closed off to a relationship, even if he would not acknowledge them. Claire was so strong and was not afraid to call him on it. Scott was a bit frustrating, but he redeemed himself in the end.
Dali
Lauren Layne continues her Central Park Pact series with “Love on Lexington Avenue,” this time focusing on the bitter and jaded Claire Hayes, a widow who found out her deceased husband had been cheating on her for over a year with several women.

Convinced there are no more good men and wanting to get rid of every last vestige of the cheating jerk’s presence, Claire decides to redecorate her home only to come across the rude, unsociable, and sexy contractor who will be in her space for the forese
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I've been counting down the days until summer break so I can finally binge on all the Lauren Layne novels I've been dying to read. But I couldn't wait any longer to dive right into Love on Lexington Avenue, the second standalone romance in The Central Park Pact series. Well I'm so freaking glad I didn't wait because this book was everything I needed in my life today. It was so cute, so satisfyingly romantic, so perfectly paced and I enjoyed every second.

Of the three women in this "p
Kat
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a lot of fun to read. It was very predictable but I'm sure most people reading it kind of want and expect that formula. My only complaint is that there is all this build up and all you get is kissing, it's barely PG-13 when I wanted a bit more excitement.
Stephanie
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this title via NetGalley. It does not impact my review.

I love Lauren Layne books. When I am in the mood for a fun Romance, she has become one of my go-to’s and Love on Lexington Avenue didn’t disappoint.

I’ll admit that the first book in this series, while still good, was not one of my favorites and I was a little hesitant going into this one. However, I enjoyed this one so much more. I really liked the main couple, Claire and Scott. I shipped them rig
Samantha (WLABB)
1 grumpy hero + 1 gun-shy heroine + 1 dinosaur-dog = a bunch of happy tears

A year after losing her husband AND discovering his infidelities, Claire was looking to make some changes and wanted to start by renovating her home. Enter Scott, a grumpy, but very talented contractor, who clashed immediately with Claire. Though, their first meeting was a bit rocky, they developed a friendship, and it seemed like maybe even something mo
Lisa Leone-campbell
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
In the second installment of The Central Park Pact, Claire Hayes, whose husband died while cheating on her with at least two other women, who have since become her best friends, is ready to find not love, but "companionship".

Claire takes a hard look at herself and her life and decides she is a "vanilla", someone who is very boring and extremely predictable. She is not one to take many chances. She decides she want to be more like a "strawberry lemonade", someone who sparkles and is unpredictabl
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula, shelly
I really enjoyed the first book in this series and was excited for Claire's story. She was sassy and sexy in a quiet way which fit her personality to a tee. I loved how she gave as good as she got and then some. The spitfire banter between her and Scott was fantastic. I loved how Layne was able to showcase Claire's vulnerability and her search for her identity after her marriage while highlighting Scott's protectiveness and his burgeoning feelings for her. This story was fantastic!

Sc
Brandi
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another hit from Lauren Layne. If I know nothing else, I know I'm going to get a romance that makes me feel good.

Every.
Single.
Time.

This is a great story of friendship, love, and finding yourself.

Claire and Scott are not a likely pair, yet they find each other anyway. And because love doesn't have boundaries and love doesn't know that you aren't really looking for it, it hits you when you least expect it.

Slow burn, witty, charming, fade-to-black. If this is up your alley, then grab it now!
Kate R
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Well, that was wonderful! Love on Lexington Avenue is the second book in the Manhattan series. It is a standalone, but all characters from the previous books were in this one. The series focuses on three girls who meet in a very unconventional way and make a friendship pact to help each other avoid bad men. Layne’s trademark friendships are very much apart of this book and are always a joy to read.

This one focuses on Claire’s love story. Claire is a recent widow of a cheating husband. She needs
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Important:: Lauren Layne is NOT active on GoodReads, and book dates/info represented on this site may not be accurate.

For updated book information, please visit the Lauren Layne Library:

For more about Lauren, writing tips, etc, please visit the main website:

The best way to stay up-to-date on upcoming releases is her new

Central Park Pact (3 books)
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact, #1)
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)