Start by marking “Love on Lexington Avenue” as Want to Read:
Love on Lexington Avenue

Love on Lexington Avenue

(Central Park Pact #2)

From New York Times bestselling author Lauren Layne comes the second delightfully charming installment in the Central Park Pact series, following a young widow whose newfound cynicism about love is challenged by a sexy, rough-around-the-edges contractor.

There are no good men left in New York City. At least that’s Claire Hayes’s conviction after finding out her late husband
Audiobook, 8 pages
Published September 17th 2019 by Simon Schuster Audio

Start your review of Love on Lexington Avenue
Cristina | CristiinaReads
A light yet dreamy second chance at finding love, Claire must learn to let her past go and accept this new love and admiration from a rugged and individual such as Scott...

We all saw it coming after reading the first novel in this series, Passion On Park Avenue, that this next novel was going to be either Audrey and Clarke, or Claire and Scott. Though I was hoping for more of Audrey, we were still able to get another story. And this one, just like the last took my breath away with all the em
Julie
Love on Lexington Avenue by Lauren Layne is a 2019 Gallery Books publication.

A little flat- but still a light, entertaining read

I loved the first book in this trilogy and have been looking forward to reading this second installment. I was slightly surprised that Claire’s story was sandwiched in the middle. I thought Claire, the one who was legally married to the scoundrel that brought these women together, deserved the strongest feature, and as such, she’d have the starring role in the finale.
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Just plain fun! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Love on Lexington Avenue is the exciting follow-up to Passion on Park Avenue, which I also recently read and enjoyed.

Claire Hayes is a young widow living in New York City. She is convinced there is no one for her in the city, and her late husband was one of the worst, even though it took her a long time to know it.

Claire wants to close the previous chapter of her life, so she decides to redesign her Upper East Side brownstone. Enter Scott Turner, her new contractor.
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Something about Scott had wiggled beneath her defenses, slipped beneath the jaded cynicism that had been so firmly in place since Brayden died. She desperately wanted to believe that she’d be able to separate sex and emotion, but she was no longer certain she could. Not with him.

The women who formed the ”Central Park Pact” are back and now it’s the scorned widow who gets her chance at true love. Claire Hayes is cultured, refined and very res
Larry H
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a fun read!!

When Claire’s husband dies, it turns her world upside down, especially when she learns he was cheating on her. She meets his mistress and his girlfriend, and surprisingly, all three bond strongly, and vow to protect one another from making a similar mistake with another man.

In an effort to excise her husband’s memories (and stop feeling so bored), Claire decides to renovate their old, cluttered townhouse on the Upper East Side. She also wants to challenge her tendency t
Yun
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love on Lexington Avenue is a sweet and charming romance about two cynical people who've been jaded by past loves. Recently widowed Claire is trying to move on with her life after finding out her dead husband was a serial philanderer. When she hires surly contractor Scott to renovate her home, sparks fly, but both are too cautious to admit what's in their hearts.

This was a fun, light, fluffy read. I mean, who doesn't like a romance between two reluctant participants hell-bent on remaining single
Kendall
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh! I absolutely love everything about this series! I started with book one last week and knew I was going to gobble up the rest of the series.

Ok... can we talk about how much I LOVED this book! Can we talk about strawberry lemonade?!! Hahah (you'll get this once you read this). I really like how authors don't just focus solely on the romance.... yes don't get me wrong this has plenty of romance but there is a story behind both main characters about growth, change, and finding yourself.

L
Robin (Bridge Four)
Sale Alert: Kindle Daily Deal on Amazon $2.99

This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

4.5 Stars

Lauren Layne has been a favorite contemporary romance writer of mine for some time now.  Every single one of her books reminds me of a chick flick  I’ve made the hubs watch with me.  Love on Lexington Avenue completely fits that bill as well.

Claire is recently widowed. I’d like
Camilla Isley
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cute read with lots of pink wine!

Gruff contractor Scott and buttoned up Claire are adorably mismatched and inevitably meant to be.
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: September 17, 2019
Actual Rating: 4.75 stars

CHICK LIT | WOMEN'S FICTION

Love on Lexington Avenue is everything I hoped it would be. Lauren Layne writes amazing female leads (something I have noticed in each of her books) which is one of the biggest reasons I always end up purchasing them. The women she writes are real, honest, flawed, strong, and relatable. In this series you can really see this. If you aren’t aware, this is a series of interconnected standalones that follows t
Kristy K
2.5 Stars

I struggled a bit with this one. It took me a while to get into and while I like both Claire and Scott, I had a hard time connecting to their story. I still loved all of the side characters just as much as in the first book and hope Audrey and Clarke’s story is next.

I received an advanced copy through Netgalley in return for an honest review.
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lauren Layne's Fans, Romance
4.5 Loving This Series Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
When Lauren Layne ponders on a series, she is laser-focused on just what works. She creates a world we all would want to be a part of...We are given characters who are smart, unique, capable in their own right, and believe in having each other's back. Having these types of women friends out there overcoming real emotional obstacles has always been Layne's strong suit. The huge plus is she also knows how to write men who are equals to the women.
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Gallery Books)

photo E628A23C-7761-4B19-A1B5-CFEE9762D7B3_zpszqa6am8o.jpg

Claire Hayes is a socialite in Manhattan with polished manners and the perfect life. Then everything collapses around her as she becomes a window and learns her fairy tale was fake. She finds out her late husband was a liar and a cheat, and is left feeling angry and bitter. She no longer believed her prince charming was out there, and was cynical about love. She planned to never share her heart or home with a man again. After seven years of marriage,
♥Rachel♥
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scott and Claire meet because he agrees to take on her brownstone remodel. Clair wants everything changed, no evidence of the life she shared with Brayden, her now dead husband she discovered was cheating on her with not just one woman, but multiple. After being burned Claire resolves to be single, not wanting to risk her heart, but she’d maybe like a fling. However, as the story progresses it becomes clear to Claire that she’s not built for a fling where the heart isn’t involved, and I think fo ...more
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4.5 STARS!

Pics-Art-09-16-06-30-27

Love on Lexington Avenue is the second installment in the Central Park Pact series by Lauren Layne. This charming second chance romance follows a young widower and a brooding contractor.

Claire Hayes has just turned 35 and she has come to the realization that she's vanilla and... boring. She needs some strawberry lemonade 🍓 🍋 in her life. Determined to rid her home of any reminders of her past, Claire sets out to redesign her home and make it her own. Enter Scott Turner, the gruff,
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Awwwwe! What a great ending. 4.5 Stars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really enjoyed the first book in this series so when book two came out, I knew I had to read this one too!

I love the main premise of the female characters. A widow and her late husband’s mistresses become best friends and support each other through love and life. A fabulous premise and the result is a witty, clean romance that is fresh and delightful!

Love on Lexington Avenue is all about the widow… Claire. I was actually surpri
shirley ♡
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

“It’s not too soon for me. You’re it for me, Claire. But if you need time, I’ll wait as long as it takes.”

After not enjoying the first book in this series, I wasn’t sure that I was gonna like this book but here we are.
This is Claire and Scott’s story, at first the two didn’t get along so I would say that this is a ‘hate to love story’. I enjoyed this couple more than the first one. Claire is a widow who met Scott, who is a contractor, when he comes to renovate her house.
I loved se
Antonella
I have no one but myself to blame for this one....
I mean after book one here I am listening again to book two...
But to be honest plenty reviews said this is better than book one...

In full transparency, I still don't get this friendship between a wife and two mistresses after the cheating husband dies and they find about each other. Like the heroine in book one, this one doesn't have family or friends also. But this one- Claire. Well, she doesn't have a job either, any kind profession, a hobby,
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
This series is SO MUCH FUN! Lauren Layne gives us a delicious grumpy hero of a contractor in this one. Just imagine a widow who's trying to make her life pop with lots of color (especially pink) and a grump who is very anti-pink together. Total opposites (she's very upper class and he is not) but perfect together anyway. If you liked Passion on Park Ave you will adore this one too! I'm dying to get my hands on Audrey's book now.
Laura In  Literary Land
|Thank you @gallerybooks @_lisafilipe @NetGalley for the eARC #partner|⁣

Love On Lexington Avenue by @laurenlayneauthor is the second book in the Central Park Pact series. I haven't read the first book, Passion On Park Avenue, but after enjoying this book so much, I am definitely making time to read it soon! ⁣

Love On Lexington Avenue follows widow Claire Hayes as she attempts to move on with her life following her husband's death. I love how this book dealt with the very real but tough situatio
julia ♥
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read my full september romance wrap-up: here

“You’re it for me, Claire. But if you need time, I’ll wait as long as it takes.”

This was a book I wasn't sure I was going to love. I gave the first one in the Central Park Pact series three and a half stars, so I wasn't expecting a lot from this second instalment. But, oh boy, am I glad I decided to give this one a shot! Love on Lexington Avenue centers on widow Claire, who meets contractor Scott when he comes to renovate her house. The two don't h
Cami
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars!

Okay, I’m an idiot because for some reason I read this book first & it is the 2nd book in the series.

This story is about Claire and her journey of moving on after Brayden’s untimely demise. Claire is trying to rediscover herself since she feels her personality got lost in her marriage. She is starting out with changing up her plain vanilla choices to a Strawberry lemonade extravaganza.

Scott Turner is her contractor for the remodeling of her home. Scott has a very obscure personalit
Phuong ✯
#1 - Passion on Park Avenue ↠ ✯✯.5
#2 - Love on Lexington Avenue ↠ ✯✯✯✯
#3 - Marriage on Madison Avenue ↠ ✯✯.5

After the disappointment that was Passion on Park Avenue, my expectations were really low. So that was a positive surprise!

RTC
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
**4.5 Stars**

A gruff and grumpy hero jaded to love and a widow who is still dealing with the complicated aftermath of her crappy husband’s death, both stuck together through a home renovation project in NYC?? Um. Yes please. I’ve read almost every single book Lauren Layne has ever written and she still manages to surprise me with her fun plots and relatable characters.

The first book in this series didn’t really work for me, so I was a little hesitant diving into book two, but I shouldn’t have wo
Stephanie
4.5 Stars

I am completely in love with this series by Lauren Layne! I adored Passion in Park Avenue, but I absolutely LOVED Love on Lexington Avenue!

Ever feel like your life has gotten a little boring, stale...a little vanilla? That's exactly how Claire Hayes has begun to feel in the year since her cheating husband died. Although she's developed wonderful friendships with both his girlfriend and his mistress (yeah, who would have ever thought?!), she's not really moved on and feels stuck in a ru
Zoe
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love this series. It’s humorous, heartfelt, and delightfully romantic!
Evie
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lauren Layne never disappoints. If you’re following this series, you’ll enjoy to read Claire’s and Scott’s story, although the one I’m really looking forward to now is Audrey’s and Clarke’s.
nick
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The Central Park Pact series is not my favorite series from Lauren Layne, mainly because I don't feel like they are as romance-driven as her other books, but it's still a series that I'm finding myself enjoying. There's just something about her writing that lures me in with her signature charm and wit. As far as a second book in a series goes, Love on Lexington Avenue, which can be read as a standalone, is a superior romance than Passion on Park Avenue. That's probably because it has my favorite
☆ sana ☆
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best thing about this book was Scott and Claire’s development. I haven't enjoyed a contemporary romance series this much in so long.
Amy
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am obsessed with this series you guys, it’s so much fun! This is the second in a series, the first one is Passion on Park Avenue and there’s a third book coming out in early 2020. You could read this on it’s own but don’t, both books are such fun, fast and entertaining reads you don’t wanna miss out!

One of the best things about an LL book is her trademark humor and snark and this one does not disappoint in that area whatsoever. Claire and Scott are both smart and witty and their banter is amaz

• The Honey-Don't List
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Love Lettering
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Not That Kind of Guy
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • The Trouble with Hating You
  • Overnight Service (Always Satisfied #3)
  • Faker
  • A Wedded Arrangement (Convenient Marriages, #3)
Lauren Layne is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than two dozen novels, including Hot Asset, Hard Sell, and Huge Deal in her 21 Wall Street series, as well as her Central Park Pact series. Her books have sold more than a million copies in nine languages. Lauren’s work has been featured in Publishers Weekly, Glamour, the Wall Street Journal, and Inside Edition. She is bas ...more

Central Park Pact (3 books)
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact, #1)
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Autumn is a great time for reading, especially for those who fall in love with books about falling in love. Every month our team takes a look at...