Start by marking “Poemsia” as Want to Read:
Poemsia

Poemsia

Award-winning author and poet Lang Leav presents a YA novel that is an absolute fan pleaser!

Verity Wolf dreams of being a poet—not that she’d ever admit it to anyone. Her best friend Jess thinks she’s definitely got what it takes, while her cat, Zorro is characteristically indifferent. As for the cute boy she’s just met, he’s about to discover her best kept sec
Published October 1st 2019 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Poemsia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poemsia

Start your review of Poemsia
Elvina Zafril
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm so happy I received this book from the publisher. I almost cried at that time. I enjoyed reading this book as much as I enjoyed reading Sad Girls.

Poemsia is such an inspiring book. It's a gift. Well at least to me it is. Poemsia is a book that will make readers fall in love with it. It has a lot of lessons and good tips on how to survive as contemporary poets.

Verity Wolf likes poetry. She writes poetry. Her dream is to be a poet. She started an Instagram account to po
Jill McGill
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to Come!
Hristina
Poemsia is the kind of book that you'll start, it'll enchant you fully, but you'll still have to talk yourself into continuing to read because reading it leads to it ending, and you don't want it to end. At least it was that way for me.
I loved the story it had to offer, there was some magic to it - it focused on friendships and family, and with the romance included, it made for a heartfelt one. I loved the characters, they were well-developed and realistic, and the relationships set betwee
Michael Faudet
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book!
Lindsey Thomas
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Poemsia is like a love letter to everyone who has ever loved books or poetry and has ever wanted to know what it would be like to be a published author. Instead of focusing on the glitz and glamour, Poemsia explores what happens when a some-what introverted 19-year-old finds herself suddenly famous. We, the readers, get to live vicariously through Verity Wolf as her newfound fame begins to infiltrate every aspect of her life, and it is such a thrilling ride. The beauty of her story is that Verity is just a gi ...more
legenbooksdary
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the story about hopes, passion and having all of that into a dream that becomes a reality. This book is so hopeful and wholesome because the main character, Verity Wolf goes through a life of normalcy and dare I say mediocre to being thrown into fame, success and adoring fans. She finally finds herself living a life that she would never have expected to be.

A part of me can really relate to Verity and her dream of seeing her books published next to her favourite authors there
Clara
This book was sent to me by the author, but no review nor post were promised.

(Not rating this one because I do not want to ruin someone’s launching campaign and I can’t come up with a proper rating anyeay.) Nothing was wrong per se with this book, it simply wasn’t for me. I thought everything went too fast and felt too big when it didn’t seem big to me, that the dialogues felt weird and so on. It all felt flat. On that note, tons of my friends love that author so it may just have not been the ri
Alda Dominguez
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Due to work and school, it took me four days to finish. However, I’m glad I took my time with it. POEMSIA is a book that will make you curious about the title. What does it mean? For those of us who read the excerpt on her webpage....we needed more.

In a world filled with social media influencers who are more show than substance, Verity Wolf; our lovely narrator and main character, shows us what life is like for an up and coming author.

Many of us dream of being the next JK
Angela Magic Art
5/5 stars!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I loved every minute of this book! I love Lang Leav’s poetry, and I loved her writing in this as well. The story was so interesting and exciting, you could tell she has personal experience when writing about what Verity goes through in the publishing and internet famous world. This book has SO MUCH HEART! The relationship between Verity and her grandfather was the sweetest thing on earth. I love his character so much. I loved the romance as well. It felt genuine, and unique.
Nisha
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Poemsia and I just love how Lang Leav infuses poetry in her prose and how her messages are timeless and universal 🙏🏽💜 Poemsia is a gift to all aspiring poets filled with wise tips and lessons on how to survive as a contemporary poet💖 Poemsia inspires you to put yourself out there and to follow your dreams. Poemsia also brilliantly exposes the dark side of fame and guides you to trust your intuition above everything else.

Thank you Lang Leav for yet another book that I wil
Janetine Aguila
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Still at page 37 but im loving Jess already... #Vare is so lucky to have her...
Steve Sarner
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, ya
I’d just settle into my window seat for the flight from JFK back to SFO when a long time professional friend coincidentally sat next to me on the aisle. What are the odds!

We exchanged greetings and caught up on our lives and careers and then, after the first rounds of beverages were served, opened up our computers to work.

About halfway into the flight I closed my lap top and pulled Poemsia out of my backpack. I had started it on the flight to New York a day earlier and was about thr
Romee Darling
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to write this book at 4.5 but the more I thought about this book the more I realized that for me it was a 5 star read.

Poemsia follows the story of Verity Wolf that becomes a very famous poet in the pop world with the help of her best friend. There is clearly so much more to the story, but I think the best way to go into it blindly. For me, this book did everything right. The depiction of Instafame, friendship, women supporting other women, cyberbullying... Everything was sim
Micah Beukelman
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I desperately want to give this book 5 stars. I adore Leav’s poetry and her first book, Sad Girl. I loved parts of this book but my biggest gripe was that the first part felt drawn out and the second part was so fast paced. Every plot point that was major and integral happened in basically the last 50 pages. It was well written, just a pacing issue for me.
Charlynn Kah
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book, only because it was from my favourite author. The Matt silver cover, nonetheless, also caught my attention.

Love the simple plot, and though its a YA novel, it was such an easy read, that I finished it in a single seating. The first half of the novel was a bit slow-moving and I speed read a bit of it, especially the part with Sash, his sister Marcia and the whole fake`drug debacle that Penelope (Sash’s childhood bff and on again off again girl friend) instigated
Laura Altmann (laurabookish)
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a huge fan of Leav's poetry, I went into Poemsia with high expectations and I was not disappointed! The book tells the story of Verity Wolf, a young woman whose dreams of being a poet come to fruition after a celebrity re-shares one of her Instagram posts. Verity is immediately thrown into the spotlight and must decide whether to stay true to her humble roots in Australia or pursue a life of stardom in New York. Personally, I love modern poetry, and Poemsia feels like a secret backstage glimpse into what i ...more
Cui Chuan
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
UTTERLY SPEECHLESS! Hands down to Lang Leav! A light read with a fast paced type storytelling. It kept me in my seat because I wanted to finish the book and know Verity’s life changes. It’s basically a reflection of the modern world that we live in and its positives and imperfections. Truly a wonderful read.
Nadia Khaerunnisa
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Poemsia is a modern fairy tale. A light reading with beautiful word choices here and there. You won't fall into a killing downward, because turnarounds will catch you that fast.
Very enjoyable~

If you have ever wondered how it feels to be a poet or writer or musicians or anything that feels like reaching your dream, being famous and influential, this book will show you each of the flipside.
Nikki
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I’ve been in a book rut for awhile and Poemsia has taken me out of it. I’ve been a Lang leav fan for years and I was so excited to hear that she was coming out with her second novel. I’ve loved every single word I read from this book. The story just felt so genuine and sincere-I simply couldn’t get enough. It’s definitely one of my favorite novels 💕
Suzanne
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this timely novel about a young poet who finds fame (and also deals with haters and inaccurate information) via Instagram. My only complaint is that we don't get to read any of Verity Wolf's poetry.
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I can't wait to get a copy of this book!
Rebecca DeFazio
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I promise you will not be able to put it down."

Read the full review here: https://morethanaflower.com/book-revi...
Nia Davis
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It was much lighter than I was anticipating but I still enjoyed it. I just had a very warm feeling whilst reading this one.
Charlene Galea
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story by Lang Leav and amazing book as always. Will always pick up a book by her and am very grateful to have had the privilege of reading this book early. Can guarantee that this book will make you tear up and also see yourself in the story
The Bookish Faerie
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Poemsia is a fitting book title given that there was a poem in this book from a fictional poetry book called Poemsia about not wanting to finish a book to avoid saying goodbye to a character you love dearly. I believe that Lang Leav wants readers to love her protagonist Verity Wolf like the poem. After all, Verity Wolf is what I like to call a bookish Princess who got her fairytale happily ever after.

Let me start from the beginning as that’s how stories are told. Once upon a time, Verity Wolf r
Elia Anis
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
i was always a big fan of lang leav; i actually started loving poetries because of her and i owe the dream of becoming a poet to her too. it’s kind of the same way how Verity Wolf looks up to Mena Rhodes in this book, except for the fact that i was not as talented as Verity.

as in her previous novel Sad Girls, i especially love how Lang Leav fits her poetic words in between lines while she describes every scenes and scenarios.

but as much as i love her, i hv to say that poemsia isnt a
Haley
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Camille
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grace
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lang Leav never fails me, I love her all works!
Denz
Oct 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Gotta be honest! The reason why I bought this book was because I thought this was Lang Leav's first novel (Apparently there was one before this, plus this book is definitely a huge departure from the type of books I like to read. With that being said, this book was not bad. While there is nothing new with this book, Lang did a good job bringing Verity to life. Not only that, she made it realistic with the incorporation of friendship, romance, and social media. What I like about this book is that ...more

• Winter of Summers
  • Smoke & Mirrors
  • Bitter Sweet Love
  • Dirty Pretty Things
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Silly Gilly Daily
  • The Someday Suitcase
  • Set the Page on Fire: Secrets of Successful Writers
  • Bonnie and Stan
  • There Was Still Love
  • Turning the Tide on Plastic: How Humanity (And You) Can Make Our Globe Clean Again
  • Bizarre Romance
  • The Ten Thousand Doors of January
Novelist and poet, Lang Leav is an international bestselling author and winner of a Qantas Spirit of Youth Award, Churchill Fellowship and Goodreads Choice Award. Often credited with popularizing poetry among a new generation of young readers, Lang’s poetry books, and hit novel, Sad Girls continue to top best seller charts around the world.

Lang has been featured on CNN, SBS Australia,
“In the words of Jean de La Fountaine, 'A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.” 1 likes
“Whatever path you choose will take you to the same destination. The only thing that should guide you is your intuition.” 0 likes