Start by marking “The Unicorn Whisperer (Phoebe and Her Unicorn Series Book 10)” as Want to Read:
The Unicorn Whisperer (Phoebe and Her Unicorn Series Book 10)

The Unicorn Whisperer

(Phoebe and Her Unicorn #10)

Welcome back to the hilarious and heartwarming world of Phoebe and Her Unicorn, where readers of all ages can always find a friend to lend a magical helping hand — or hoof.

For 9-year-old Phoebe Howell and her sparkling companion, Marigold Heavenly Nostrils, every day is an adventure. In this latest installation of Dana Simpson's award-winning Phoebe and Her Unicorn
Published October 8th 2019 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Unicorn Whisperer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unicorn Whisperer

Start your review of The Unicorn Whisperer (Phoebe and Her Unicorn Series Book 10)
Schizanthus
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I really enjoyed this collection. While the previous couple of Phoebe and Her Unicorn books have still been fun to read, it also felt like I was largely reading about the same series of events in slightly different ways. This collection had a lot more variety and also introduced some new ideas and jokes to the usual reflection gazing and all round unicorn wonderment that makes this series both funny and heartwarming, with some enjoyable sarcasm and nerd points.

It’s a nice challenge, attempting
Kyra Leseberg (Roots & Reads)
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

Another great collection of Phoebe & Marigold adventures!
My daughter and I love reading this series together and I appreciate that there is humor and relatable situations for both children and adults. As always, the ongoing themes of friendship and marching to your own beat are prevalent and make this a series I enjoy coming back to every time.

Thanks to Andrews McMeel Publishing and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC in exchange for my honest review. The Unicorn Whisperer is
Elizabeth
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it

Oh, how I love Phoebe and Marigold. A better pair has never existed. My daughter and I love reading about their adventures. There is humor that an adult would find funny, and humor that is perfect for sharing with your children. It is masterfully written to appeal to so many tiers of audiences. I love the overarching themes of acceptance and loving yourself. It s such an important
J.L. Slipak
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
MY THOUGHTS:

I received this book in exchange for my honest review.

I’ve taken a liking to the Phoebe and Her Unicorn books lately. I find them very entertaining, funny and well-written. What started as a blog cartoon has now branched into a full-blown writing career. There’s more information about the author and her work found here. You can look at her other work at this site. Dana Simpson is both author and illustrator who brings her ideas to life with a huge dose of humor.

This book is a graphic
La Coccinelle
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Here's yet another enjoyable collection of comics about Phoebe and Marigold. All the things that make the previous collections are so enjoyable are here: the cultural references, the humour, the stories, the secondary characters... (I love Todd! Rar.)

I've read most of the series this year, and I think it's one of my favourite comics. Keep 'em coming, Dana Simpson!

Thank you to NetGalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing for providing a digital ARC.
Didi
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve never heard of Phoebe and Her Unicorn series before, but now that I’ve read this, I’ll be looking forward to more. I love Phoebe and Marigold! They have great chemistry and rapport. At first I thought it’s another Calvin and Hobbes, but this is so much better as everyone can see Marigold the unicorn! Even though this series is targetted to children, me being a grown ass woman, didn’t stop me from loving it!
3.5stars
Kelly ...
I would buy this sweet, charming and funny book for any child in my life. The illustrations are charming and the stories are cute. The author uses real language that will advance the vocabularies of her readers. And she includes a glossary, which I love. This is a wonderful little book!

Thank you to Netgalley, Dana Simpson and Andrews McMeel Publishing for this digital ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Nic
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Funny and cute, as this series usually is.
Thomas
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a good series. It's charming and funny, progressive and wise, honest and positive. It's like Calvin and Hobbes without the cynicism.

The comic feels like it's intended for younger readers, but I can't get enough of it.
Ginny
As usual, such a stinking cute book.

And as usual, the breaks in the story with another comic or story momentarily confuses me, but not enough to really complain. Just in general I love these books-great story of friendship, etc.
Kenya Starflight
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-love
"Phoebe and Her Unicorn" is one of my favorite comic strips, second only to "The Far Side" and "Calvin and Hobbes" in my opinion. It has great characters, a clever sense of humor that can appeal to both kids and adults, and delightful artwork to boot. "The Unicorn Whisperer" is the latest collection of strips, and it still manages to be both cute and witty, giving us a magical world with modern sensibilities and two of the best best-friend characters since Watterson's "Calvin and Hobbes."

It's
Becky B
A collection of comics featuring Pheobe, a little girl who speaks sarcasm fluently, and her best friend, Marigold Heavenly Nostrils, who is a unicorn. In this collection Phoebe tries to find a way to help Marigold not get stuck when she sees herself in a reflective surface, Marigold gives Phoebe temporary super powers for Halloween, and they have many other little adventures.

I love the witty banter between Phoebe and Marigold, or Phoebe and her parents, or Marigold and Phoebe’s parents. Lot’s of
Theediscerning
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This is what I said for the third book in this series:-

"Knowing nothing whatsoever about this series before this title, I found a decent cartoon strip for the very young, that progressed with one continuous story, as opposed to a new thing every day, or the weekly/monthly stories of, say, Big Nate. The colour and design are fine, the cutesy level is overplayed for a running joke that might appeal to the young – I haven't got a lot to say, TBH, not being the target audience. I don't think it's
Bruna
4.5*

Finished this in one sitting. I just love Phoebe and Marigold so much!

They make me happy, they have a beautiful friendship and they deal with bullies with kindness.
Great for kids, but as an adult, I can't help but appreciate a kid story about a little girl who likes girly things like unicorns, but who is also free to be herself without being overly conformed into that stereotype.

I have not kept up with this series in order (more like I read the ones that became available to me at any given
Hadewych
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I discovered this cute comic series at NetGalley and I'm so happy that I received a copy of this comic.

In this comic we follow Phoebe who is friends with a unicorn Marigold.
Their friendship is really amazing and inspiring.

Phoebe is a clever and creative character and Marigold is such a sweet and clever unicorn.

This comic is perfect for kids, but also for adults.
The humor in the book is contagious and makes you want more and more.
In addition, this comic also gives some important life lessons

The
Jennifer Green
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nothing like a little bit of Phoebe and Marigold to brighten my day. If you liked the previous books, this one won't disappoint. There's even some à propos trick or treating, given the release date. There were a few moments which kept this from being a 5-star, mainly to do with some panels that fell short in terms of their humour or wittiness. But all in all, a good addition to the series. Looking forward to #11.

If you haven't read any of the books, well worth a read. Not quite Calvin and
Jessica
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phoebe and Marigold Heavenly Nostrils are in for a new set of adventures. With school, frenemies, family, and life to deal with, they address their issues with new spells and some new human skills. But, of course, things don’t always go as smoothly as they’d like. These sweet comics will make kids laugh as they work on inference and vocabulary. The glossary in the back will encourage them to look for words they don’t yet know. A sparkly addition for fans of the series, unicorns, or any ...more
I received an ARC of this title from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Everyone needs a little bit of sparkle in their lives. For Phoebe, that comes in the form of a unicorn best friend.

A continuation of the fantastic "Phoebe and Her Unicorn" series, Phoebe and Marigold spend the twilight days of summer together, plan epic Halloween costumes, see in the new year at the Goblin opera, and more. Come for the sparkles, stay for the lessons in friendship and finding the magic in every day
Raven Terry
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks NetGalley for this ARC, in exchange for an honest review. Dana Simpson, thank you for existing! Phoebe is essential to the lives of many of my patrons! We simply adore Phoebe here and I am so thank that we have an example for our imaginative, awkward, precocious girls out there, the girls that like to take chances and crave adventure! Cheers to Phoebe being a Unicorn Whisperer and bring on book 11 of the awesomeness that is Phoebe and Marigold!!!!
Marian
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore the Phoebe and Her Unicorn series and this is just a delight to read, as usual. Phoebe and Marigold have some great adventures, learn things, and I love how easy they are to read. Such a fun escape and one that everyone will love. My kids love these books and will really enjoy this one too, and they're just as good to flip back on and reread as the old copies of Calvin and Hobbes. Loved it.
Book Him Danno
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is perfect for girls and boys who believe in Magic and loves Unicorns. This book will appeal to all ages from little who love to listen to their mothers read books and to girls who love to read on their own.

The story flows well engaging, the author writes without dumbing down the readers. The art or Illustrations are well done and fit well into the story.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher Andrew McMeel Publishing for the advance copy of Dana Simpson The Unicorn Whisper
Rachel
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free ARC from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review*

This was such a cute book! There is enough clever humor to keep adults interested when reading this with their child. I haven't read the other collections in this series, but I definitely will go back and check them out! The formatting is easy to follow so readers new to comics should have no problems reading it. Phoebe is a smart, creative, and imaginative young girl who will appeal to the readers for
Donna
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A talking unicorn and a girl named Phoebe are best friends. Both are learning of each others worlds. This is a graphic novel flows to it's own beat. I suppose you could say it was "all over the place" with no "real" storyline. But that's what made this graphic novel so enjoyable! My daughters love this series and after reading this one, I can see why. I loved it and everything about it.
Panda Incognito
This collection was the best in a while. I loved all the new jokes and ideas, especially the one where Marigold Heavenly Nostrils drew a chance card in Monopoly and learned that she had won second place in a beauty contest. Such indignation!
Nicholle
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So cute! I loved Phoebe and Marigold. I really think my niece will like this one. She’s a sucker for unicorns. How thoughtful to put a glossary in the back so kids can look up words they may not know. Thank you NetGalley for providing this ARC.
Melissa
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adorbs collection of web comics. There seemed to be an odd jump as one point where all of a sudden Phoebe and Marigold needed to return Dakota’s boots without any previous comics in this volume having Dakota’s boots as a plot point.
Jenn Marshall
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other-comics
Another adorable Phoebe and Unicorn book. I love the short stories and they are a huge hit with my students. I can't wait to bring this into my classroom. Each story brings me back to childhood. Phoebe has adventures with her unicorn but still has to navigate homework and other kids.
Diana
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another delightful collection of the adventures of Phoebe and Marigold which will delight fans of any age. There is a small section near the end with definitions of words that might be difficult for younger readers. Highly recommend this series.
Chumofchance
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marigold's Halloween costume is a little bit kinky. All the stars.
Jennifer Muller
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free digital copy of this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

This is another great book in the collection of Phoebe and Marigold the unicorn!

• Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • Stargazing
  • Guts
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Mooncakes
  • The Okay Witch
  • Making Friends: Back to the Drawing Board (Making Friends #2)
  • Fowl Language: Winging It
  • Charlie Brown: All Tied Up (PEANUTS AMP Series Book 13): A PEANUTS Collection
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 6
  • Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Big Shrink (Upside-Down Magic, #6)
  • Beverly, Right Here
  • Giant Days, Vol. 10  (Giant Days #10)
Dana Claire Simpson grew up in Gig Harbor, Washington, drawing the entire time. She eventually graduated from The Evergreen State College, despite having spent all her time drawing, and not always for credit.

Attempts at doing real work along the way are hardly worth mentioning; the relevant fact is that, from 1998 to 2008, she drew the internet comic strip Ozy and Millie. After winning the

Phoebe and Her Unicorn (10 books)
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #1)
  • Unicorn on a Roll (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #2)
  • Unicorn vs. Goblins (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #3)
  • Razzle Dazzle Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #4)
  • Unicorn Crossing (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #5)
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn in the Magic Storm (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #6)
  • Unicorn of Many Hats (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #7)
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn in Unicorn Theater (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #8)
  • Unicorn Bowling (Phoebe and Her Unicorn #9)