Start by marking “The Unicorn Whisperer (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #10)” as Want to Read:
The Unicorn Whisperer (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #10)

The Unicorn Whisperer

(Phoebe and Her Unicorn #10)

Welcome back to the hilarious and heartwarming world of Phoebe and Her Unicorn, where readers of all ages can always find a friend to lend a magical helping hand — or hoof.

For 9-year-old Phoebe Howell and her sparkling companion, Marigold Heavenly Nostrils, every day is an adventure. In this latest installation of Dana Simpson's award-winning Phoebe and Her Unicorn series
Published October 8th 2019 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Unicorn Whisperer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unicorn Whisperer

Start your review of The Unicorn Whisperer (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #10)
Schizanthus Nerd
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I really enjoyed this collection. While the previous couple of Phoebe and Her Unicorn books have still been fun to read, it also felt like I was largely reading about the same series of events in slightly different ways. This collection had a lot more variety and also introduced some new ideas and jokes to the usual reflection gazing and all round unicorn wonderment that makes this series both funny and heartwarming, with some enjoyable sarcasm and nerd points.

It’s a nice challenge, attempting t
Kyra Leseberg (Roots & Reads)
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

Another great collection of Phoebe & Marigold adventures!
My daughter and I love reading this series together and I appreciate that there is humor and relatable situations for both children and adults. As always, the ongoing themes of friendship and marching to your own beat are prevalent and make this a series I enjoy coming back to every time.

Thanks to Andrews McMeel Publishing and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC in exchange for my honest review. The Unicorn Whisperer is schedu
Diz
Apr 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, childrens
This is a comic strip that looks at all the humorous situations that arise when an ordinary girl and a magical unicorn share their lives. The jokes didn't really hit for me, but my daughter enjoyed them.
Elizabeth Tabler
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it

Oh, how I love Phoebe and Marigold. A better pair has never existed. My daughter and I love reading about their adventures. There is humor that an adult would find funny, and humor that is perfect for sharing with your children. It is masterfully written to appeal to so many tiers of audiences. I love the overarching themes of acceptance and loving yourself. It s such an important tra
orangerful
I don't know what else I can say about this series except that it makes me LOL and I adore it. I needed something light and fun and this collection is solid through out. I love the Halloween arc, with Phoebe getting temporary superpowers, courtesy of Marigold.
J.L. Slipak
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
MY THOUGHTS:

I received this book in exchange for my honest review.

I’ve taken a liking to the Phoebe and Her Unicorn books lately. I find them very entertaining, funny and well-written. What started as a blog cartoon has now branched into a full-blown writing career. There’s more information about the author and her work found here. You can look at her other work at this site. Dana Simpson is both author and illustrator who brings her ideas to life with a huge dose of humor.

This book is a graphic
La Coccinelle
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Here's yet another enjoyable collection of comics about Phoebe and Marigold. All the things that make the previous collections are so enjoyable are here: the cultural references, the humour, the stories, the secondary characters... (I love Todd! Rar.)

I've read most of the series this year, and I think it's one of my favourite comics. Keep 'em coming, Dana Simpson!

Thank you to NetGalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing for providing a digital ARC.
Melissa McShane
I think my favorite part of this one is the Halloween storyline, with Phoebe discovering her superpowers. Also, Todd the candy dragon is always great.
Ray
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is very realistic. It kind of makes me think that unicorns exist. This type of book is like what would a unicorn be like in real life. This book also has many plot twists
Kelly_Hunsaker_reads ...
I would buy this sweet, charming and funny book for any child in my life. The illustrations are charming and the stories are cute. The author uses real language that will advance the vocabularies of her readers. And she includes a glossary, which I love. This is a wonderful little book!

Thank you to Netgalley, Dana Simpson and Andrews McMeel Publishing for this digital ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Didi
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve never heard of Phoebe and Her Unicorn series before, but now that I’ve read this, I’ll be looking forward to more. I love Phoebe and Marigold! They have great chemistry and rapport. At first I thought it’s another Calvin and Hobbes, but this is so much better as everyone can see Marigold the unicorn! Even though this series is targetted to children, me being a grown ass woman, didn’t stop me from loving it!
3.5stars
Thomas
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a good series. It's charming and funny, progressive and wise, honest and positive. It's like Calvin and Hobbes without the cynicism.

The comic feels like it's intended for younger readers, but I can't get enough of it.
Nic
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Funny and cute, as this series usually is.
Louie
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another extremely fun installment of my favorite comic series.
Ginny
As usual, such a stinking cute book.

And as usual, the breaks in the story with another comic or story momentarily confuses me, but not enough to really complain. Just in general I love these books-great story of friendship, etc.
Pam
May 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grades, comics
Tenth in the series.
The adventures feel fresh in this book. Phoebe and Marigold use magic to solve problems but start to wonder if they use it too often.
Clever writing and illustrations will continue to delight elementary readers.
Kenya Starflight
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-love
"Phoebe and Her Unicorn" is one of my favorite comic strips, second only to "The Far Side" and "Calvin and Hobbes" in my opinion. It has great characters, a clever sense of humor that can appeal to both kids and adults, and delightful artwork to boot. "The Unicorn Whisperer" is the latest collection of strips, and it still manages to be both cute and witty, giving us a magical world with modern sensibilities and two of the best best-friend characters since Watterson's "Calvin and Hobbes."

It's th
Becky B
A collection of comics featuring Pheobe, a little girl who speaks sarcasm fluently, and her best friend, Marigold Heavenly Nostrils, who is a unicorn. In this collection Phoebe tries to find a way to help Marigold not get stuck when she sees herself in a reflective surface, Marigold gives Phoebe temporary super powers for Halloween, and they have many other little adventures.

I love the witty banter between Phoebe and Marigold, or Phoebe and her parents, or Marigold and Phoebe’s parents. Lot’s of
Theediscerning
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This is what I said for the third book in this series:-

"Knowing nothing whatsoever about this series before this title, I found a decent cartoon strip for the very young, that progressed with one continuous story, as opposed to a new thing every day, or the weekly/monthly stories of, say, Big Nate. The colour and design are fine, the cutesy level is overplayed for a running joke that might appeal to the young – I haven't got a lot to say, TBH, not being the target audience. I don't think it's br
Ann
Feb 22, 2020 added it
Shelves: netgalley, comics
Thanks to the publisher for providing me with a free copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Another awesomely cute book in the Phoebe and her Unicorn series by Dana Simpson. As always, we have a careful balance of cute and contemporary as Phoebe starts a new school year, celebrates Halloween, and endures a winter. Any real details would spoil the delight and enjoyment of finding out what The Unicorn Whisperer holds, but suffice it to say that if you like these comics, y
Bruna
4.5*

Finished this in one sitting. I just love Phoebe and Marigold so much!

They make me happy, they have a beautiful friendship and they deal with bullies with kindness.
Great for kids, but as an adult, I can't help but appreciate a kid story about a little girl who likes girly things like unicorns, but who is also free to be herself without being overly conformed into that stereotype.

I have not kept up with this series in order (more like I read the ones that became available to me at any given
Hadewych The Study Books
I discovered this cute comic series at NetGalley and I'm so happy that I received a copy of this comic.

In this comic we follow Phoebe who is friends with a unicorn Marigold.
Their friendship is really amazing and inspiring.

Phoebe is a clever and creative character and Marigold is such a sweet and clever unicorn.

This comic is perfect for kids, but also for adults.
The humor in the book is contagious and makes you want more and more.
In addition, this comic also gives some important life lessons

The
Jessica
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phoebe and Marigold Heavenly Nostrils are in for a new set of adventures. With school, frenemies, family, and life to deal with, they address their issues with new spells and some new human skills. But, of course, things don’t always go as smoothly as they’d like. These sweet comics will make kids laugh as they work on inference and vocabulary. The glossary in the back will encourage them to look for words they don’t yet know. A sparkly addition for fans of the series, unicorns, or any elementar ...more
I received an ARC of this title from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Everyone needs a little bit of sparkle in their lives. For Phoebe, that comes in the form of a unicorn best friend.

A continuation of the fantastic "Phoebe and Her Unicorn" series, Phoebe and Marigold spend the twilight days of summer together, plan epic Halloween costumes, see in the new year at the Goblin opera, and more. Come for the sparkles, stay for the lessons in friendship and finding the magic in every day wi
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nothing like a little bit of Phoebe and Marigold to brighten my day. If you liked the previous books, this one won't disappoint. There's even some à propos trick or treating, given the release date. There were a few moments which kept this from being a 5-star, mainly to do with some panels that fell short in terms of their humour or wittiness. But all in all, a good addition to the series. Looking forward to #11.

If you haven't read any of the books, well worth a read. Not quite Calvin and Hobbe
Marian
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore the Phoebe and Her Unicorn series and this is just a delight to read, as usual. Phoebe and Marigold have some great adventures, learn things, and I love how easy they are to read. Such a fun escape and one that everyone will love. My kids love these books and will really enjoy this one too, and they're just as good to flip back on and reread as the old copies of Calvin and Hobbes. Loved it.
Book Him Danno
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is perfect for girls and boys who believe in Magic and loves Unicorns. This book will appeal to all ages from little who love to listen to their mothers read books and to girls who love to read on their own.

The story flows well engaging, the author writes without dumbing down the readers. The art or Illustrations are well done and fit well into the story.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher Andrew McMeel Publishing for the advance copy of Dana Simpson The Unicorn Whisper
Raven Terry
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks NetGalley for this ARC, in exchange for an honest review. Dana Simpson, thank you for existing! Phoebe is essential to the lives of many of my patrons! We simply adore Phoebe here and I am so thank that we have an example for our imaginative, awkward, precocious girls out there, the girls that like to take chances and crave adventure! Cheers to Phoebe being a Unicorn Whisperer and bring on book 11 of the awesomeness that is Phoebe and Marigold!!!!
Amber
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
My 6 year old loves these books, although I’m not sure how much she is ‘getting’ things. There are a lot of advanced words, but they had a glossary at the end that I also have to read word-for-word! There is also a great tint of sarcasm that I can enjoy while reading with her. My almost 11-year old niece also loves them and collects all the books in the series. So it does a great job across age groups.
Rachel
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free ARC from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review*

This was such a cute book! There is enough clever humor to keep adults interested when reading this with their child. I haven't read the other collections in this series, but I definitely will go back and check them out! The formatting is easy to follow so readers new to comics should have no problems reading it. Phoebe is a smart, creative, and imaginative young girl who will appeal to the readers for w
« previous 1 3 next »

• Karen's Roller Skates (Baby-sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #2)
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • Act
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne!
  • Doodleville (Doodleville, #1)
  • The Okay Witch
  • Diana: Princess of the Amazons
  • The Big Shrink (Upside-Down Magic, #6)
  • Becoming Brianna
  • Narwhal's Otter Friend (A Narwhal and Jelly Book, #4)
  • Stepping Stones
  • The Witches Are Coming
  • Forget Me Nat (Nat Enough #2)
  • Go with the Flow
  • Field Trip
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 15: Birthday Smarty (Lumberjanes, Vol. 15)
  • Just Jaime
  • Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit (Lunch Lady, #5)
Dana Claire Simpson grew up in Gig Harbor, Washington, drawing the entire time. She eventually graduated from The Evergreen State College, despite having spent all her time drawing, and not always for credit.

Attempts at doing real work along the way are hardly worth mentioning; the relevant fact is that, from 1998 to 2008, she drew the internet comic strip Ozy and Millie. After winning the Amazon-

Phoebe and Her Unicorn (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #1)
  • Unicorn on a Roll (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #2)
  • Unicorn vs. Goblins (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #3)
  • Razzle Dazzle Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #4)
  • Unicorn Crossing (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #5)
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn in the Magic Storm (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #6)
  • Unicorn of Many Hats (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #7)
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn in Unicorn Theater (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #8)
  • Unicorn Bowling (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #9)
  • Camping with Unicorns (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #11)

News & Interviews