Start by marking “Savage Games (John Savage Action Thriller #2)” as Want to Read:
Savage Games (John Savage Action Thriller #2)

Savage Games

(John Savage Action Thriller #2)

A dead body concealed high up in a tree.
A dark forest that holds many secrets.
One man determined to discover the truth.

Deep in the New Forest, a body is hidden in the branches of a towering fir tree in an area known as Dead Maids Wood. When John Savage learns that the body belonged to an old school friend, he sets out to discover who was responsible.

Together with brillian
Published April 4th 2019 by Adrenalin Books

To ask other readers questions about Savage Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savage Games

Lou
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Savage Games is the second all-action thriller in the John Savage series, and the stakes continue to be high and his mission fraught with danger and crackling with tension from first page to last. Each of the instalments can be read independently of one another without issue although once you discover the high stakes and adrenaline-pumping action you'll have a strong desire to pick up any you have missed to this point. Sinfully suspenseful and deliciously dark, we follow hero investigator John S ...more
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This is the first book I have read by this author and certainly won’t be my last. Even though it’s the second book in the John Savage series, having not read the first, I can certainly vouch for it being able to be read as a stand alone.

I loved how the story starts off. With a body being found high up in a tree. It always amazes me having read so many crime books that an author can still take me completely by surprise and come up with new ways of how people die. From that point on I knew I was i
Susan Angela Wallace
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Savage games by Peter Boland.
Omg my favourite character is back. I love John. Full of action and suspense. I loved the story. I do hope there is more to come. Highly recommended. 5*.
Alicia Huxtable
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? I thought book 1 was great but this one goes a step ahead. Peter Boland must really enjoy writing these charactera and it shows in the way they are portrayed and the way the storyline just glides along so seemlessly. Savage and Tannaz are a great team and I hooe to see them again in book 3.......
Caroline Vincent - Bits about Books
Thrilled to be reconnected to the flawed – and thus, oh, so likeable – John Savage, who has to go through the gates of hell to find out what has happened to a friend and his son. Tormented by his alter ego and feelings of guilt, Savage is prepared to risk his life…

Yes! John Savage is back! And with him a character I hugely admire: Tannaz. She’s fearless and has a way with computers no one else has. An unmissable alley for Savage! I did not know what to think of the story – a man hanging high up
Kath Middleton
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Savage Games is that difficult to pull off second in a series. I loved Savage Lies and I think this is even better. Ex-SAS John Savage, still battling his own PTSD demons, determines to right some serious wrongs after an old friend from school is found dead. The plotting is tight, the pace fast and the characters are believable. For such a serious subject it’s surprisingly funny too. Savage and his assistant and IT expert Tannaz have clever mouths and don’t know when to button them. I cringed a ...more
Melissa Borsey
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While I enjoyed the first book in this series, I absolutely loved this story. John Savage is investigating not one but two suicides or were they just staged to look that way? This was one action packed story that kept my interest from beginning to end! I look forward to the next book in this series.
Pam Fox
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Peter Boland is a relatively new author, this is only his third book, but you wouldn't know it from the writing and the story itself is well formed with enough action to balance out the human stories involved.
In this book Boland takes on a slum landlord with a difference. Not only are the premises he expects people to live in uninhabitable but he holds homelessness over their heads to get them to do things they don't want to do. The book starts with a young man coming to Savage and Tannaz about
Suze Bickerton
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first book in the John Savage series, Savage Lies, was one of my favourite books of 2018. Peter was a new author to me, but the book just blew me away. So imagine my delight at getting my hands on this, the follow up.

John Savage is back, maybe a year after the end of the first book. He's getting older and feeling it but, for me at least, he's still pretty hot!

Tannaz, the talented young hacker from book one, features heavily in this book, but don't worry if you haven't read Savage Lies (alt
Alison
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Exhilarating, Suspense Filled Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

Uncovering the truth behind an old school friend’s death, turns out to be a very dangerous task for John Savage and Tannaz. With every clue, more questions arise. Will Savage and Tannaz uncover the truth in time, or will they find themselves in an impossible situation?

I absolutely loved Savage Games; Peter Boland has pulled out all the stops with this story. From start to finish he holds you captivated a
Jessica Bronder
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
John Savage is a former SAS soldier with a lot of PTSD baggage and a dark influence rolling around in his head trying to get him to commit suicide. One day Luke shows up on his door steps. Luke is the son of his former school buddy who has been discovered as a suicide. But Luke doesn’t think so and asks John to take a look. John finds not one suicide but two and a whole new world of hell on a private location.

This is the second book in the series but I can say that if you have not read the first
Lel Budge
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is #2 of Peter Boland’s books to feature John Savage, while I haven’t, Yet, read number 1, this in no way affected my enjoyment of Savage Games.

John Savage is nearing 60, but is coping with his PTSD and his grief at losing his wife and daughter, by teaching, young hacker, Tannaz to fight…..not neat tidy fighting, but street fighting. With viper like reflexes, she’s strong, feisty and a great character.

Just after a training session, young Luke arrives and asks for Savage’s help, his dad had
Tere J
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was a huge fan of Savage Lies Book 1, and this was a fantastic continuation of the adventures of John and Tannaz!!

It's hard to talk abut this without giving away too much about the body in the tree, let's just say that is just the tip of the iceberg with this thrilling mystery! This story is fast paced, loaded with characters that all play a role in the story. I was't sure where the story was headed, only because it's not predictable. I felt I knew something, then boom - I'm wrong. Savage and
Joanne Cartwright
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In my second foray out with John Savage he continues to impress with his investigative skills, thinking around the problems and discovering the nuances lesser investigators might miss.
Savage games starts with a body falling out of a felled tree and I immediately put on my "investigate the murder" reader hat. However not so far into my investigation it turns out the body was not all it seems and more bodies start to pile up at an alarming rate, twisting the plot beyond anything I had imagined.
Joh
Sharon Richmond
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Savage Games by Peter Boland. 4.5 Stars

If you loves a book that has a crazy story surrounded in darkness that surprises you. Then this books for you.

The author weave yet another spine tingling story of suspense that throws you for a loop or two.
As the story builds it gets more intriguing and crazy scary odd.

Savage and Tannaz, two very different characters, embark on a journey to uncover a simple friends death.. What they uncover is game that will blow you away. Evil comes in all shapes and sizes
Karen
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
John Savage is back!
I loved book one and was very excited to get stuck into book two! It would read as a standalone, but as well as giving you a bit of background into the main characters stories, book one is also really good!
I was so glad to see Tannaz back and in a much more prominent role than the first book. I love the relationship between her and John and am happy to see that she is making use of Johns SAS knowledge and, as well as being a hot shot hacker, is now becoming a total bad ass!
T
RiverShore
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, thriller
Review of Savage Games by Peter Boland

John Savage and his young hacker friend Tannaz are back in this mystery thriller set in England. John is saddened to hear of the apparent suicide of his once close friend. However, the details make John question if indeed it was a suicide. When other, similar suicides take place in the same location, John is sure that all is not as it seems. Determined to learn the truth, John joins the down and outs of society who live in a fragile world where what little t
Beccy Thompson
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from TBC Reviewers request- Thank you
This is the second book in the series (definitely read the first book before this one it really sets the scene and introduces the characters well) The characters in the book have developed since the first one, they’ve become more ’real’. Another excellent plot full of twists and turns. I saw a review that compared Savage to Alex Cross, I wasn’t convinced another character was up there with Cross but maybe, just maybe Savage is!
Nicola Mitchell
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Throughly enjoyed this second explosive storyline following the life of ex SAS hard/soft man, John Savage. He is an extremely likeable character with a great sense of laugh out loud humour. Right up my street. His partnership with Tannaz grows in this instalment and with it, we get to see more of John and his super hero antics.

A cleverly written tale which keeps you guessing. Full of intrigue, twists, rogues and good guys. Loved the first one and loved this one too. Can’t wait for the next.

Bri
john parry
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Poetic licence...

Mr. Author, I have enjoyed your book, but take umbrage to the telling of parts of Southampton...my home town..my first home was Thornhill..my Nan lived in Shirley.
Mayflower park is beautiful next to all the working shipping terminals. However fair play..look forward to your next book but not based in Southampton please.
Your descriptions would have been best served in the City 12 miles east down the M27...
Chantelle Vassallo
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Honestly wow. Absolutely loved this book and the series so far. If you like James pattersons Alex cross novels definitely download this series. It's a must read. I read the book within the day as the story is so gripping you can't put it down! This is the first series I've read by Peter Boland and I'll definitely be buying the series as he publishes.
Kim Bamber
SAVAGE GAMES is a super scary, thrilling novel that will hook you from the first chapter. Peter Boland is an exciting writer and does not disappoint with this novel. I did not read the first novel in this series but still enjoyed it very much.
Geeta
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
John Savage is his usual self in this story, fearless and determined. He has help from his friend IT geek Tannaz, I love the working relationship they have. Savage and Tannaz go undercover to solve a mystery but this means Savage puts himself at risk. I really hope there will be a third book.
Joanna Gibson
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this as a stand alone and it worked perfectly well. For me it took a while to get going but glad I persevered and I enjoyed it. I like the chemistry between the characters and it was an interesting storyline.
Connie Hamby
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good book

This is the first book of Sam Savage books that I have read it is a good book by Peter Boland if you want to read it
Heather Bennett
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Savage Games is a great thriller that will keep you entertained till the last page. The book has good characters and storyline. Well written.
Alex  Jones
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Sarah at Books on The Brightside Tours for the chance to read this real cracker from Peter Boland.

This is the second of the Savage series by Peter Boland, I’ve not read the first John Savage but within the first quarter of this one I get an impression this is going to be a great series.

John Savage, Nearing 60, Ex army, teams up with Iranian computer hacker Tannaz, who he is training to be a fighting machine to go along with her already crazy computer skills. Together they investigate t
Fiona Hanrahan
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Savage Games is the second book in this series by Peter Boland. It's a gritty thriller following an ex SAS officer and a computer hacker/genius as they follow the trail of death left by crimelord. I really enjoyed this book and particularly enjoyed the relationship between Savage and Tannaz. The book is well written with a good pace and tight story lines. Happy to recommend to fellow readers.
maryse denis
May 14, 2019
Colin Stroud
Jun 05, 2019

John Savage Action Thriller (2 books)
  • Savage Lies (John Savage Action Thriller, #1)