Start by marking “Shape Of A Woman” as Want to Read:
Shape Of A Woman

Shape Of A Woman

Published January 30th 2019 by Maddix Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Shape Of A Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shape Of A Woman

Start your review of Shape Of A Woman
Keep Calm Novel On
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author via Booktasters provided a copy of the PDF in exchange for an honest review.

Jen Elizabeth's powerful autobiography Shape of a Woman exposes her painful and challenging journey. This book reveals many issues including but not limited to abuse, mental illness, addiction, cults and secrets. She unravels the torturous layers of her life. Her emotional scars are deep yet she has forged a road to recovery. This read is clear and direct--unimaginable vile secrets are shared with
Amber
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel is a novel that will touch souls. Talking about struggles that many women have faced through out childhood and while many feel alone this inspiring novel shows the authentic woman, not the woman the world seems to have sculpted. This story is for anyone struggling to find their voice, or even if you have found your voice this novel will give you the push to use it. This woman tells not only the good times but also the bad and ugly with everything in-between. Beautifully written and wi ...more
Raquel
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the first page of Shape of a woman you feel its strength, its courage. Each page tells a heartbreaking story but leaves us the teaching that our inner strength is unlimited and that wherever there is a dark day, even if it's the darkest that can exist, in the end, the sun will shine if we fight for it.

In Shape of a Woman we live the story of a woman without a name that could be each one of us, in fact, we are. It's impossible not to get emotional with an agile and sincere writin
Jan Anderegg
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most powerful biographies I have ever read. From the opening lines I was unable to stop reading this book until I reached the end. What a powerful and honest testimony of strength, hope and love. In spite of the upbringing the author endured, she survived to bring hope and understanding to those who have been abused emotionally and/or sexually. There is a way to recovery.
She pulls no punches and makes no excuses, but at the same time, her kind and caring nature shines through
DALIP
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
The Very First Thing That Comes To My Mind And Continues To Constantly Nag Me After Finishing Reading This Truly Nerve Shattering Autobiography Is The Stark And Harsh Reality That Shows The Mirror On The Ugly Underbelly Of Society.
Had This Not Been The Autobiography One Would Not Know How Much To Believe At Face Value And How Much To Take With A Fistful Of Thought. But Jen Elizabeth Has Lived Through It All And Clawed Her Way Out Of It Every Single Inch At A Time And Yet She Refuses To Mop
Ashley
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: awakening
Shap of a Woman by Jen Elizabeth is an awakening look into how woman and the feminine touch help resurrect our place in confronting issues such as addiction and over coming that stigma through the lens of a woman. This book helps us confront our place as woman in these environments and the power of what woman can do when facing hard times if not our lowest times in our lives; there is also a sense of recovery that any woman can relate to and how in positive ways we can confront the many of barri ...more
Gita Yolanda
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great book.

As a counselor, i know that opening up is not easy. The author is not only tell us about her past but also encourage the readers to face and embrace whoever you are. She wrote that the past does not define us and i'm totally agree with that. Whatever happened to you in the past, always remember that you still have the future, because you are the only one who in charge in your life and you always always have choices. That's one of messages that i got from the book.

This book no
Sue
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jen Elizabeth was raised in a dysfunctional, abusive family. During her life, she tried to get through the pains she endured, one way was through drugs and alcohol.
Early on, I saw that this book is not just a story of what happened to her, but more about how she began her process of healing, in order not to continue the cycle of abuse. The author's question, ""How do we remain soft yet empowered?" showed me that this book would have words of wisdom for me too. I was not raised in an abusive ho
Michele
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Number of stars 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Oh my god I can't stop reading this book, this book show me a lot of emotions like crying, to I was in shock of a lot of thing that a lot of us ( women) goes through. With our family when we are kids to the adulthood and not only that I see a lot of great and helpful tips.

I really in joy this book and I really like the poems at the end.

You guys really must pick this book up, I really think it helped me to understand more of us women more. I know that I learn
Pamela Topjian
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Shape of a woman” by Jen Elizabeth was empowering and exactly what I needed. I greatly appreciate Jen Elizabeth for sharing her story; one of abuse, neglect, addiction, and healing. Healing too for those of us that have had some similar stories in our lives. Giving a voice to women everywhere, encouraging us to tell our stories as well.

I read this on Kindle and I wished I had a the physical book to highlight. I took a lot of notes and copied some of the quotes and poems.
Sara Ahmed
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Every word in this book touched my heart. Jen takes us on a journey through her life to show us how to be a warrior. How to never lose hope and raise your voice. This book is truly an inspiration. Thank you, Jen.
Yolisa
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shape of a woman hurts,a lot.You read the first pages and don't want to hurt.You feel the hurt,the pain,the struggles.Recognising one's issues in another woman's book says a lot about the writing and story telling of the author.
Kimberlybethkrueger
Hannah Reinbeck
Nov 06, 2019
Yvonne Rhea
Nov 12, 2019

• Three Hots and a Cot: Stories of Courage from People Struggling with Homelessness, Addiction, and AIDS
  • Cornered
  • The Meadows
  • The Echo Chamber
  • The Modern Depression Guidebook
  • Congress Has a Library? (Spirit of America)
  • A Geography of Blood: Unearthing Memory from a Prairie Landscape