Start by marking “Born To Be King (The Epic of Kautilya)” as Want to Read:
Born To Be King (The Epic of Kautilya)

Born To Be King (The Epic of Kautilya)

What are you willing to sacrifice to achieve victory?

Born of a sacrifice to the gods, Princess Kautilya is the only daughter of the greatest warrior of Bharat. While her brothers were blessed with the traits of eagles, falcons and hawks, she was imbued with the qualities of a parrot. Her brothers achieve renown across the empire. . .while she’s ridiculed and shunned.

Kaut
Published February 1st 2019

Manpreet Kaur
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much! A female lead. Indian fantasy novel. Different from the usual mythical fantasies.

I loved the world building and magic system. Overall, a very well written fantasy novel.
Jeffy Thomas
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quite a promising start to the series. Especially for a debut author. Solid writing plus a page turner, good combo for a fantasy novel. Great job Deepak! Keep them coming 😀
Kevin Mallik
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For last six months, I have been reading a lot of fantasy/mythological fiction novels, as they give me something new to ponder on. So, does this novel by Deepak Thomas. I enjoyed reading this book and felt connected and into the story after five to six chapters, thanks there are over 60 chapters to relish the overall story in good small chunks. The story is of a girl by name Kautilya - she soon becomes forlorn and lovelorn by her brothers, after the death of her father. Well, she goes on ahead, ...more
Booxoul
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
What are you willing to sacrifice to achieve victory?

Born of a sacrifice to the gods, Princess Kautilya is the only daughter of the greatest warrior of Bharat. While her brothers were blessed with the traits of eagles, falcons, and hawks, she was imbued with the qualities of a parrot. Her brothers achieve renown across the empire…while she’s ridiculed and shunned.

Kautilya’s life flips upside down, however, when her family is betrayed. Now, in order to restore her father’s legacy—and claim the th
Aryan Sarath
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
As expected, the book was not in the line with my predictable reading nature. I thought of predicting it from time to time, but every time I was proved wrong, right from that moment when the King went to the Himalayas to the marriage ceremony where Kautilya jumped in to save her love. It was all something different, sensory illusion to my eyes and imagination. I loved that as it kept me hooked till the last page and it ran like saga. My reading experience was amazing.
Before you get into the book
Teena Kuriakose
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable read and a page-turner! I loved how the characters and the scenes from the book stuck with me well after finishing it - that's something amazing from a debut author.

Can't wait for the next book.
Saleha
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It has some really well developed characters, that you'll fall in love with. Especially with Kautilya, in how she goes from being a timid little girl to become a feisty warrior.

There are scenes in the book where you root with all your heart for the protagonist on the one hand, but you find a part of you guilty of rooting for the villain on the other.

It puts you in moral dilemmas, it makes you choose the right from wrong, but it makes you question whether the "right" is enough, given what is at s
Sheetal Maurya - Godse (Halo of Books)
Introduction:

Leadership is not a new concept; in fact it was as prevailing then as today. Well, then kings and princes and their ministers used to be major honchos of the leadership league. And to become a great leader, one must possess some inborn qualities, teachers can dole out knowledge, warriors can make one have good fighting skills, but the most awed aspect of a true leader is to lead by example and make informed decisions on time. So far if you have been reading scores of self-help books
Chresann Dsouza
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Born to be king by deepak thomas is the 1st book in the Epic of Kautuliya series.
Kautuliya is the only daughter of king Chandra, the ruler of Bharat, she’s born with the qualities of her parrot unlike her brothers who are born with the qualities of the falcon, the eagle, etc. Life is treating them well until their family is betrayed and now its upto Kautuliya to restore the legacy of her family,but will this simple girl who has the qualities of the parrot be a do so?
Grear up for an action packe
Zahid Ahmed
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are very few books that I begin liking since the first page or chapter. This book has 60 chapters, and can you believe that not even for a blink I got detached from the plot and characters. And when I completed reading 50 percent, my heartbeats raced and grew so excited and I wished to read it in one go – I mean in one hour or so – as I was so excited. My heart was crying and longing for the brave girl Kautilya – my hero of the book.
Well-written and well-placed, this fantasy book is going
Alden
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great read!!! A perfect blend of fantasy and warfare in an Indian context. Nice work Deepak!
This is an awesome start to the series, looking forward to the next release :)
Sai Ganesh
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining story with great characters. Hoping for more in future installments of the series.
Suman Chaudhary Sesma
Durgesh Rohidas
Apr 18, 2019
Navya Pindi
Apr 23, 2019
Deepak Thomas is the author of The Epic of Kautilya series.

He is into Fantasy, Science Fiction, Non-fiction, Graphic Novels, eating shawarma and drinking beer.