Start by marking “Dead Petals” as Want to Read:
Dead Petals

Dead Petals

A murdered little girl whispers in the night.
What does she want?
And what does she know?

Gary and Fiona’s lives are shattered by the abduction of their twelve-year-old daughter, possibly by the one they call The Goldilocks Killer.

Crushed by guilt and remorse, Gary descends into a toxic spiral of drink and despair that threatens to destroy everything he holds dear.

As he strug
Kindle Edition, First, 387 pages
Published April 8th 2019 by Dead Petal Press

To ask other readers questions about Dead Petals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Petals

Start your review of Dead Petals
Sue
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: family-saga
3.75

This author came to my attention from a book buddy. I agreed to read it as the blurb sounded like something I’d enjoy reading.

I was right.

The Goldilocks killer is abducting children. So when a couples child goes missing suddenly they’re first thoughts are Goodilocks Killer.

It started out really well, dipped a little but then sped up again which totally kept me invested in the story and what will happen next.

This is a new author that is definitely worth a second look.

I can’t help but think
E.J. Dawson
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book as an ARC, but I would have bought it anyway after reading that first chapter.

Because this book invites you in, into the home of a beautiful and amusing family that could be your own, or your neighbors. Or that nice family down the street. The one that had something very bad happen to them. It shouldn't happen to anyone, but it could.

When Gary finds out for himself what its like to live in a world of chaos and despair in the wake of his daughter's disappearance you grieve
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new to me author that I came across on social media. When I saw the cover and blurb I was intrigued and looked forward to reading it.

The Goldilocks Killer is abducting young girls. When Gary and Fiona’s daughter disappears their worst nightmares come through. Unable to move forward Gary turns to alcohol and risks losing everything.

Usually I dont read a story with a supernatural feel to it but this totally worked. I found myself glued to my kindle wondering what was going to happen ne
Siân Plummer (plumreads__s)
Starred review to come on www.scifiandscary.com

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review
Trey Stone
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gary and Fiona live a seemingly perfect life. Happy marriage, great home, wonderful jobs, they have it all, topped off with their perfect little daughter Charlotte, or Charley for short. With the only downside being that work is sometimes stressful, their lives are pretty great, and their biggest worry is Charley’s upcoming twelfth birthday. Everything is perfect.

Until the day Charley disappears from the park, possibly taken by a serial kidnapper and becoming the next in line of a string of miss
Savana Blair
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Dead Petals" held a lot of unexpected turn of events.
When I read these kind of stories , I love making my own guesses, and a few times my guesses were wrong, which I loved.

Unpredictable plot twists are always the best, am I right or am I right?

The splash of supernatural intertwined with the mystery was a fun addition.

Alan wrote this beautifully and showed what isn't shown in media during such a tragedy.

The conflict, the pain, the blaming but most importantly the normalcy prior to Charlies di
M.R. Ward
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dead Petals is one helluva rollercoaster ride. I’ve had this book for over a year and waited until I was emotionally ready for such a story, one in which a child goes missing and the devastating impact it has on the parents and their marriage. And then after all the emotions and anticipation in the first half, the second half of the book takes an otherworldly turn, which I always love. If a book can make me teary-eyed then it’s a superb story. I highly recommend it.
Ashley Lambright
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was fantastic. It was a dark story with amazing twists, pulling on the strings of your emotions. Gut wrenching at times, but it will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Randy Money
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-crime
Disclaimer: I was an early reader of Alan's novel, commenting and proofing for him. I found it rather uncomfortable reading because this novel managed to press on one of my fears, the fear of a child -- of my child -- being hurt. Most of my horror reading tends toward a supernatural, paranormal or s.f entity that I can readily discount as fictitious. That buffer between life and fiction is not available in this novel, and the actions of the Goldilocks Killer were all the more unnerving because t ...more
Sophie Bristow Harris
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fellow book mate excitedly told me about "Dead Petals". She knows me so well and knew I'd love this book too!

The cover drew me in straight away, it makes me think of a creepy fairytale with the hopes of a happy ending....

"Dead Petals" sucked me right in from the start. There were red herrings scattered throughout to put the reader off its true scent. I thought I knew what was occurring, only to be surprised with another outcome.

There is an element of supernatural events happening in the book,
Donise Sheppard
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome! I highly recommend Dead Petals to anyone who loves crime fiction, paranormal fiction, thrillers, or dramas.

The story follows the lives of a family before and after their world is shattered. I’Anson does an amazing job at letting you get to know and fall in love with these characters before he completely rips your heart out. The cast is so well developed, it was like reading about real people, seeing such a traumatic part of their lives, and feeling all of it with them.

Ga
Shayda
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting read with various concepts involved. The story takes an unexpected turn and events pick up quickly.
Tom Moran