Start by marking “No Perfect Time (Imperfection, #2)” as Want to Read:
No Perfect Time (Imperfection, #2)

No Perfect Time

(Imperfection #2)

He was perfect.

Until he wasn’t.

I didn’t have a problem with him being in the public eye. After all, who wouldn’t want to be dating the man who launched a thousand magazines? Sure, he could be headstrong, even arrogant at times. None of that bothered me.

I could handle all of the bright lights, big city baggage that came with loving a man like Declan Sinclair.

But I couldn’t
Published January 30th 2019 by SHHH Publishing (first published March 24th 2014)

Start your review of No Perfect Time (Imperfection, #2)
Aleatha Romig
D.D. Lorenzo has written the perfect follow-up to Positive/Negativity! I was anxious to learn the rest of Declan and Aria's story. D.D did NOT disappoint.
I like how each character learns to grow stronger individually before they're ready to grow together. I won't give too much away, but I will say that D.D. has also created one of the most vile characters I've yet to meet. (And for me, that's saying something) I try my best to find redeeming qualities in characters, even ones who are perhaps mi
Hooker Heels Book Blog
Declan and Aria’s story picks up where book 1 left off. I don’t want to give too much away in case you have not read book 1. Declan and Aria continue to struggle with the adversity that they have been given. Everyone’s lives, including their own, seem to be falling apart and life continues to put obstacles in front of them that may be too difficult for either one off them to face together. Though I thought that she had done plenty in book 1, Marisol definitely steps up her game and is hell bent ...more
Erin Lewis
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Star Review Selective Memory (The Depth Of Emotion #2) by D.D.Lorenzo
Wow, what an emotional roller coaster of a read. This is the follow up to Positive/Negativity and was an emotionally gripping story to read.
This is a hard review to write as I do not want to spoil the story for anyone who may read this review. I will say that this is one of those stories that will stay will you after you have finished it.
Erin Lewis
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Star Review Selective Memory (The Depth Of Emotion #2) by D.D.Lorenzo
Wow, what an emotional roller coaster of a read. This is the follow up to Positive/Negative and was an emotionally gripping story to read.
I enjoy Ms. Lorenzo’s writing style and found her characters to be well written and devel
Moonlight Gleam
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Posted on my blog: http://moonlightgleam.com/2014/06/sel...

Disclaimer: I received this novel from the author for review.

**This review is for the second instalment of the Depth of Emotion series; beware of *SPOILERS*.

ANGER. HATE. LOVE. COMPASSION. JEALOUSY. PANIC. Prominent emotions that engulfed and swirled within the characters in Positive/Negativity, which were revisited and further intensified within Selective/Memory, the second instalment in the Depth of Emotion series. In Positive/Negativit
Gemma Weir
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Check out more of my reviews on my blog www.gemmareadstoomuchforittomenormal....

Selective memory is book # 2 in the Depth of Emotion Series by D.D. Lorenzo.

I read the first book in this series Positive Negativity and I will be honest I wasn't exactly a fan, I didn't post a full review but put a comment on Goodreads saying that I had found the book very frustrating and would complete the review at a later date when I had calmed down lol.

I was a little shocked and fairly scared when I was then con
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
The Story
This story is a very gripping tale of what happens when two people love each other so much it hurts, bad. They believe that know what is best for each other and attempt to go about life trying to live by that belief.

After an unfortunate event took place in the first story, we pick back up with the two main characters, hope that there is a possibility things will get better, but they do the exact opposite.

How do you know when to stop yourself? To stop for thinking about him/her? To st
Emma Allsop - Perusing Princesses
4.5 Crowns

Book 2 in the Depth of Emotion series - this is the continuation of Declan and Aria's story and must be read after book 1 Positive/Negative.

Well I have to say, after finishing book 1 I knew that this book was going to be a must read. Book 1 really reached a crescendo and left you wondering whether Declan and Aria would find their way back to each other or whether Marisol had caused a divide that was just to wide.

This book pretty much continues on from the end of book. Aria is struggli
Books&Dreams
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
 photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

Synopsis

This is the continuing story of Declan and Aria....

Declan and Aria's relationship is no more and Marisol couldn't be happier about
it. Due to the accident Declan believes that Aria deserves better than his
crippled self and thanks to Marisol's influence believes that the accident is
partly her fault. Aria is shattered and not even a little bit but breakdown
size. She can't believe what has happened to them but decides not to wallow
anymore and move on but how can she when her heart,
Mary Tatar
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Selective/Memory by D.D. Lorenzo was a perfectly written and emotionally charged story. I have to admit that I didn't read the first book, but saying that I still felt so much for these characters and the tragedy that they experienced. The story was easy to fall in love with and I couldn't help but want to reach out into the pages and make all their pain go away. A wonderful story about love, loss, and devotion.

The book starts off with Declan and Aria pretty much both heartbroken. Declan has pu
Rob
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the first book and 3* it because I felt it was just too wordy and a bit all over the place. The author contacted me, which was a surprise, and we had a chat about the things I didn't like and she sent me the second book (this book) and asked that I review it honestly.

I have to say, hand on heart, that this is a much better written book. Although the word count is still high, I felt like every word need to be there to tell the story. The author has cut the inane descriptive nonsense out an
That Scottish Chick
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
4.5 STARS

so if you've read Positive/negativity you will know it ends with one hell of a cliffhanger,thankfully I had book 2 selective/memory at hand because that cliffhanger would have drove me bat shit crazy if I had to wait on the next book(I freaking hate cliffhangers)in book 1 we mett Declan and aria a true case of oppisites attract,there story was never sunshine and rainbows infact it was intense,intriguing and of coure there was an evil mad women sitting in the sidelines waiting to rip the
Anny hernandez
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was provide a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

OH WOW, WOW, I just finish reading this book, and I have to say I love it, I have to admit I am still reading the first book, but I had to do my review for the blog tour, so when I finish with this review ill go back to the first book, I love this book love the characters, I love the twists and turns, that this book have, this book had me seating down at the edge of my bed, had me wondering what's gone happened next, we pick up
Elizabeth Horbaczek
I enjoyed the second book better than the first. There is still a lot of fluff but it was seemingly less in this book. Declan has really grown on me. Aria is still as strong as ever. Carter well all I can say is I feel for this man. With no answers and so many questions I don't know if I can handle it as well as him. I like that there was a storyline in this book that makes you need to find out what is going to happen. I think this series can only get better as it goes.

Aria and declan are now s
Perusing Princesses
HOLY SHEEEEEP!!!!
Positive/Negativity ended in a huge, major... do you hear me HUGE cliffy!!! omg... and the tragedy is soooooo heartbreaking...

How two people that are destined to be together can hurt each and go through their own hells to try and get back on course with destiny... I mean.. hold your breath... and get your tissues ready... and wine.. or at least tequila...

And the Evilness that is Marisol... and the twists and mother effen plot she has against them.. and how she brings that poison
Amy
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with Declan and Aria in Positive/Negativity and was left anxiously awaiting the follow up to see how their story continued.
Ms. Lorenzo did not disappoint! Reading Selective/Memory definitely took me to the depths of my emotions. All the characters return and we pick up with Declan and Aria attempting to rebuild their lives.
Enter, my now all time hated villain, Marisol and you have a storyline that twists, turns and will leave you speechless.
This powerful follow up will take you th
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)
HOLY SHEEEEEP!!!!

Tina Tharpe
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very good. It was much better than the first in the series. The characters were richer, more vibrant, and more interesting. The supporting characters really stepped up in this one and found their voice. Aria's mother, Declan's brother, and their mutual friends really gave the story heart. I found myself much more drawn to the drama and tragedy that was revolving around Aria and Declan.

Marisol was a great villain-you love to hate her. The story became riveting once Marisol's true n
Laura Helder
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first book in this series sets the tone for the love and the evil that doesn't fade in book 2!!
There is just as much in this book...if not more!
We pick up where the first book ends...
For most of the story the two main characters, Declan and Aria struggle to get back to where they once were. Declan is a bit of an ass but gets over himself eventually and Aria being the kickass female that she is doesn't take his shit!
Evil may have triumphed a wee bit in book one....but will not in this one! I
Joanna
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED.. LOVED...LOVED...

What an emotional roller coaster.
I so loved reading on how the relationship between Declan and Aria continues to grow.

I want to write this without any spoilers, but I must say you will not like Marisol. She is one CRAZY chick.

Declan is such a great guy and my most favorite quote from him is "I've been all over the world, Aria, and still, there's no other sight that takes my breath away the way that you do."

LOVE THAT. Shows you how much he really does love her.

Oh.. did I t
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
3.5 rounding up to 4 stars

this book was a little better than the first one but seemed a bit long. we finally get a glimpse of marisol's past and why she is the way she is but she still seems to be a bit much. there are a couple of good twists surrounding her that i didn't see coming. i think the angst went on too long and found myself skipping ahead a bit at times.

loved the very end though. i loved how aria healed even further in this book. the supporting cast was just as good as in book one -
Theresa Vultaggio
I love this story. Both Aria and Declan have been through tragedy and both of their lives have been thrown into turmoil thanks to Marisol.Thanks to the introduction of new characters, this 2nd book took me on a wild ride of emotions, with many twists and turns. I hope the author continues on with stories around the other characters that were introduced. This is a must read for anyone who loves stories about suspense, love, tragedy and happiness. I rarely give 5 star reviews, but this one is well ...more
Sue
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DeeDee certainly didn't disappoint with the follow up. I don't know about you but when the action starts I read a lot faster and twice I had to go back to get to the climax. It was so good and there's another one coming about someone already mentioned. No, not her, no one could write anything positive about her. She's a nasty piece of work.

Well done DeeDee, please let us know when to expect the next one.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is a fantastic continuation of this story. It's the conclusion of Declan and Arias story although thankfully there will be more books in this series.

It's so hard to review without spoilers. All I can say is these two books are fantastic. The author certainly knows how to pull on your emotions. The twists and turns had me gripped and I ended up staying up late to finish this book.
Highly recommend these two books.
Hooked On Books
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow , just Wow. What a fabulous story. This book was full of OMG moments and had me saying No No No many times throughout the story. I loved all the characters in this story. Each one enhanced the story. There were no descriptive love scenes in this book but it certainly didn't need it. If you are looking for an angsty, real love story then this is the book! ...more
Susan Bailey
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Candice Holt
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I couldn't put it down. I enjoyed every minute. I can't wait for the next one. This one really answered so many of the questions I had from the first book. I can't wait to see how everything unfolds for Carter. ...more
Lynn
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
Ellie
May 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Misses the mark

This review covers both parts of Aria & Declan's story.
To be blunt, this doesn't live up to the high reviews. I was disappointed in the execution and what I consider a failure on the part of the writer to deliver on her own plot. The story felt disconnected to me from beginning to end, a problem exacerbated by the narrative style of telling a story rather than showing. Shifting perspectives were a further complication. Most of the story unfolded in first-person - more from Declan
Pam
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lorenzo-d-d
SPOILER ALERT! PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW IF YOU HAVE NOT READ POSITIVE NEGATIVITY, THE FIRST BOOK IN THE DEPTH OF EMOTION SERIES. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO!

Declan Sinclair's life has just imploded. He thought he had it all: love, a new business, the beginning of a perfect life. But another's warped and twisted plan to take everything from him has left him a broken shell of a man, both physically and emotionally. Even as he recovers from his physical injuries,
« previous 1 3 next »
Couldn't put it down 1 3 Apr 17, 2014 07:00PM

• Wounded Hearts (Fortis Security #9)
  • Love Divided (Fortis Security #3)
  • Healing Danger (Fortis Security, #1)
  • Zin and Celeste: A Fortis Family Christmas (A Fortis Security Novel)
  • Antihero (Imperfect Heroes, #1)
  • Above Protection (Imperfect Heroes, #2)
  • Scarred Sunrise (Fortis Security #10)
  • Secret Redemption (Fortis Security #4)
  • Deadly Alliance: A Fortis/Purgatory Crossover Novel
  • Stolen Dreams (Fortis Security #2)
  • SEALed With a Twist (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Shock Force One #3)
  • Beneath Broken (Imperfect Heroes, #3)
  • Her Intense Protector (Night Storm #4)
  • Falling for Irish (MacArthur Family, #1)
  • Her Chosen Protector (Night Storm #3)
  • Arctic Fire (Fortis Security #6)
  • Reid (Eidolon Black Ops #3)
  • Liam (Eidolon Black Ops #4)
D.D. Lorenzo is an award-winning author. With stories filled with love and hope, she weaves emotions into the tapestry of her novels. A “Reader’s Choice” gold medal winner, she strives to pull at the heartstrings of her readers while inviting them into the world of her characters.

D.D. lives on the US East Coast, enjoying the seashores of Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and New Jersey. When she isn’t

Imperfection (5 books)
  • No Perfect Man (Imperfection, #1)
  • No Perfect Couple (Imperfection, #3)
  • No Perfect Secret (Imperfection, #4)
  • No Perfect Bitch (Imperfection, #5)

News & Interviews