Start by marking “Nevertheless We Persisted: Me Too” as Want to Read:
Nevertheless We Persisted: Me Too

Nevertheless We Persisted: Me Too

This special collection of prose and poetry was created by survivors of sexual discrimination and/or abuse.

These pieces were written specifically for audio and present a range of emotion, including anger. For too long, victims have been told to be quiet, to keep a secret, to be ashamed, to be blamed, and we now say No More. It is time to speak. It is time to form a
Kindle Edition
Published January 28th 2019 by Blunder Woman Productions

To ask other readers questions about Nevertheless We Persisted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nevertheless We Persisted

Start your review of Nevertheless We Persisted: Me Too
Linda
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A collection of of 32 poems, essays, and stories that explores themes of loss, love, and finding self. Some very sad, all uplfiting, some humorous (the one about paired socks). A quick, powerful read (or listen). Mostly women's writing, but a few by men (the socks).
Sara S
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#MeToo - The variety and intensity of this chorus of voices is incredibly moving in ways that both inspire and perhaps, trigger...I took them in slowly and often only one at a time. Some gave me an honestly visceral reaction - others pulled up memories long forgotten. This is a hard, but oh so very important listen. The stories are truthful, well balanced, and performed with skill. Take your time with these tellings, but do give them your time as they all deserve to be heard.
Linda
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Worth the read. As with many collections, there were some gems and there were some ... not gems. But overall, I lot of great writers who I wouldn't have been exposed to had they not been included in this collection.
Lea Grover
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely collection, but at times inconsistent.
Martha McSweeney
I guess since Im included in this anthology, Im thrilled with it and honored to be in it. ...more
Jeimy
May 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Some are hits, many more are misses. Overall, I do not regret reading this one. Had I finished it before reading Roxanne Gays Not That Bad, it may have received a better rating. ...more
Alex Richey
AudioFile Review!
***Earphones Award Winner!***
*** Finalist for Best Original Work Audie award 2020! ***

If you're going to read this, do it in audio. Several individuals share their experiences with sexual assault. What sets this book apart from others like it is the wave of acceptance and love that resonates in the chorus of contributors' voices. I have never felt so heard, validated, and accepted by another book on this topic.
Dakota Willink
Apr 11, 2019
Laetitia Brunell
Dec 29, 2019
Christa Lewis
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
David
Jan 14, 2018
Lauren
Jul 05, 2018
Jamie Canaves
Dec 18, 2017
Liz Jarnicki
Apr 01, 2020

• Highway of Tears: A True Story of Racism, Indifference and the Pursuit of Justice for Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls
  • Elephant in the Sky
  • Love Lives Here: A Story of Thriving in a Transgender Family
  • Gritty Kitty
  • The Sight (Warriors: Power of Three, #1)
  • Amber & Dusk (Amber & Dusk, #1)
  • We Unleash the Merciless Storm (We Set the Dark on Fire, #2)
  • おじさまと猫 1 (Ojisama to Neko, #1)
  • Dark River (Warriors: Power of Three, #2)
  • Goodnight, Rainbow Cats
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • Becoming RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Journey to Justice
  • Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors
  • Batman: Nightwalker
  • Can I Be Your Dog?
  • With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child (With the Light, #1)
  • 10 Blind Dates
Tanya is a starving artist without the starving part. Maybe, then, she's a snacking artist. She lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan with her two kids and tiki-obssessed husband and writes quirky fiction.

After writing a gripping, dark, gothic novel IN THE GARDEN ROOM, Tanya decided to switch it up. She's hard at work on a romcom, which doesn't feel like work at all.

She likes to keep things

News & Interviews