Start by marking “The Assistant” as Want to Read:

The Assistant

From USA Today bestselling author, Marni Mann, comes a haunting new romantic thriller.

At forty-two, I’m married to my best friend, and we have two beautiful children.
Everything about my life is perfect until my father gets sick.

Before: I owned and operated a massively successful women’s shapewear company.
After: I stay home with my family because I’ve learned the import
Published May 21st 2019 (first published May 7th 2019)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! The Assistant (stand-alone). A tale of life love, loss & shocking new beginnings.

***
Kink: | LOW FOCUS |
Romance: | MEDIUM FOCUS |
Sex frequency: | MEDIUM FOCUS |
Suspense: | MEDIUM FOCUS |

Thanks Liz for our ARC(F)BR!

ARC provided to me by author Marni Mann
Bibi
May 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
**Spoilers**

I imagine if Verity, A Life made of Lava, and The Marriage Lie had a distant, estranged, and disgraced book cousin, then The Assistant would be it,
and while I want so much to rant I find that I really can't be bothered.

This derivative, unengaging story tried so hard to manipulate the reader. Nothing felt real. Not Emery -who, apparently was the next best thing since snickers ice-cream- or Jessie - who was irrational and conceited, admittedly with good reason- or Charlotte - who was
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS Image and video hosting by TinyPic THE ASSISTANT: is a full length standalone romance novel by Marni Mann. Spoken in multiple POV's. This is a safe read.

Well shit a brick this is going to take a magic trick not to divulge any spoilers..Go into this blind!! Don't look at reviews incase they divulge spoilers. You need that element of surprise this book takes you on to fully enjoy it. Come release day get those fingers #oneclicking

Jesse Black
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
5 Breathtaking Stars

PHENOMENAL is the only word that comes to mind to describe this amazing book. I don't see anything knocking this from my top read of 2019!!

photo Allaboardthefeelstrain_zpsuoq7ke2k.gif

Holy hell! Marni tried to shatter me before I even got to chapter 1. That prologue gutted me so much I had to put the book down for a while before reading more. With a start like that you know you are in for an intense ride.

After her father's death Jesse decides she needs to spend more time at home with her family. She makes the hard deci
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

I'm specheless and I have no words omg this was brilliant,captivating and unique!I was hooked from page one and I couldn't stop reading it, I read it so fast.I wasn't expected anything like this.I don't know what to say.

description

This is one of these stories you should go blind and enjoy it.It was fast paced and I find myself anxious to see what is going to happen.This is a complex story that make me ach and it was so emotional and intense.My heart, even though I finished this earlier still thinkin
Hulya Kara Yuksel
It's 2:25 am in Turkey right now. My husband and my son are sleeping and I'm silently crying... 😭😭😭

I wasn't expecting that end. It felt like a slap on my face... FUCK! 😭😭😭

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There’s a reason why Marni Mann is hands down one of my authors. Her ability to make you feel so many different emotions that you yourself didn’t even know existed and how she’s managed to capture that essence of the one thing that you were craving, is the reason why I will forever be a lifelong fan. Not only does she flip the script and not keep you characterize into one box, she tests your limit without you even knowing what’s happening. Dark romance? She has you covered? Emotional turmoil? S
myra
May 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-like
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Yep, this is me.......

May rocks, thank goodness I'm getting all winners😍😍

Each book I read from this author, I fall in love with her writing even more. This book is simply beautiful! My lord the feels while reading this, dangggggggg.

And really, Im short in my reviews anyway, but this one is really hard to write. I am big on no spoilers, and I don't know what to say to make sure I don't slip......

Just.....

I know you will be getting knocked down with the feels too, so go in blind and hang on ❤

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Liz
"Executive assistant to an architect, in-home work environment."
description

The Assistant is a heart provoking psychological contemporary fiction. Jesse Black wants more time with her husband and her children. In order to facilitate more time, she encourages her husband Emery to hire an assistant. When Charlotte Scott joins the Black family, everything is about to be forever changed.

description

The Assistant is not for the faint at heart. The complexities of the content are intense and the uncertainty will leave you
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
4.5 Stars

THIS BOOK HAS ME SHOOK!!!!

ABSOLUTELY SHOOK.

I can't even gather my thoughts! It is jaw dropping. I've NEVER read a novel with a storyline like this. It's 1000% unique, completely thought-provoking, heartbreaking, and filled with feels! The twist is one that will leave you shell-shocked, and the ending is sooooooooo fucking gasp worthy! I'm still reeling (days later), and I don't know what I feel right now.

This story is so complex, it's layered, it's gritty, and it will stir a million d
warhawke
Genre: Romantic Thriller
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person – Dual & Third Person
Rating:

Jesse Black knew the importance of making time. As a successful business owner, she dedicated most of her time to her work. But an important wake-up call drove her to step back and focused on her family.

With her husband Emery own career reaching the sky, it was time for him to hire an assistant. Charlotte Scott’s presence could bring a world of difference to the Black family, in ways neither of them antic
Karla
May 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Well, I'm bummed! Such high expectations I had for this book but unfortunately, it just wasn't for me. The story didn't go in the direction I was expecting and not to my liking either. Sigh! Can't get into much without giving away spoilers and no way I'm doing that. On the plus side, I did finish it points for that. Hopefully, you'll like it more than I did. ♥ ...more
Michelle
Wow just wow!!!!

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

God I really don't know where to start with this review. I'm not long after finishing and I feel like these characters are goin to be with me for a while. This author really knows how to get your emotions going. I'm all over the place right now I was happy, sad, crying and angry without this book. I really luvd Jesse from the start of this book she is a great character and such a strong woman. By the end of the book I luvd her even more. This woman isn't like anything I have eve
Jemima
May 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc-2019
I've read one book by Marni Mann. I loved When Ashes Fall. Love it!
The Assistant was a complete and utter dud for me.

I did not enjoy. I was bored out of the mind. And When I wasn't bored, I was rather uncomfortable with the entire situation.

I didn't DNF the book so you can't tell me that the storyline got better.
Maybe you might have loved it but I didn't. I didn't enjoy it.
CC
4.5 Stars

Jesse Black is a successful entrepreneur, supportive wife and a loving mother. After losing her father, Jesse decides to step back from her company and spend more time with her family. By hiring an assistant to help her husband’s business and to cover household tasks, Jesse begins to make up for lost time and heal her emotions.

“I was doing everything I could to hide this, to stop it from controlling me. To stop it from winning.”

What ensues is an emotionally charged journey that takes
Robyn
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 EVERYTHING Stars

Holy Shiitaki Mushrooms! Just finished a bit ago...still digesting...I don’t know how well I can articulate right now! How is this my first ever, Marni Mann book?!? My TBR list is going to be rearranged after this find, for sure!

Since this was a ‘Buddy Read’ with my girl Susie, and she picked this one for us, I went in completely blind! Also, my GR #booktwin ;)) Hulya, recommended it, so I was doing this thang no matter what! So glad I did!!! What a ride!!!

I love thought prov
Rejane
May 22, 2019 marked it as not-interested

This thing of wife choosing another woman for husband doesn’t interest me. Actually that’s what I think:🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 Never done before😏😏😏😏😏😏😒😏😒😏😒
It’s a dying wife trying to find another woman for her husband and a crazier ow who agrees to be the new wife. I think this is so asinine and imbecile I don’t see a reason to read it. 🤦🏻♀ 🤦🏻♀ 🤦🏻♀
But I wonder if anyone have ever known anybody who did that.🤔😒

And here you go folk
Cell
Julia
May 22, 2019 marked it as fuck-no-pass
Would rather eat nails than read this
Kathy West
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love Marni Mann and her books. She never disappoints me and this was another wonderful book by her.

Jesse and Emery Black have the perfect life. Married for 24 years. Two very successful jobs. Two beautiful, wonderful children. Two different homes. What more could they want.

Jesse has just pulled back from her business to spend time with her kids and husband more when Emery gets a huge job designing a building in Boston. Jesse knows it's time for him to get an assistant to help with
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The word Brilliant doesn't even get to touch it, it packs supernova of emotions, heartsqueezing sentiments, that will leave you on your knees. Begging & gasping for more.
What an unbelievable journey marni takes us on!!! It's beauty lies in the disturbing details and distressful subject.The irony is- it's not bold and hard hitting at all. It creeps on you silently and the punch it lands in your solar plexus will make you double up in pain and grief. I've read it with knotted stomach and a lum
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
2.5 Stars

‘Anyone looking into this house would see a couple, who had been together since they were eighteen years old, with two beautiful children. They would notice I gazed at my husband, not the camera whenever our picture was taken.
On the outside, we were envied.
Perfect.
Untouchable.
But, inside our circle of four, there was a weakness.
Me.’

Marni Mann delivered one of our top reads of 2108, and after being moved and captivated by When Ashes Fall, we were so looking forward to her next book, wi
Talon
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I wish I could say that I at least liked the concept of this story-- but I didn't. I didn't like how Jesse's character was treated by others and I didn't like how Jesse's character treated others (sounds confusing, right?) Writing this review is hard for me. Because when you scroll through Goodreads, you find nothing but five star reviews. And although a lot of those reviews have some really great points-- I couldn't bring myself to rate it that high.

I will say this: This book was not at all wh
Funda Demir
Oh wow. That ending was unexpected.
Laura- BookBistroBlog
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By: Marni Mann
5 +++ Stars!!!

I never ever in my wildest dreams would think that this author could knock down my all-time favorite book of hers from first place to second place. Memoirs Aren’t Fairytales has officially been bumped to 2nd place. The Assistant is now the one to beat!!! I’ve recommended Memoirs Aren’t Fairytales to so many people over the years but this one needs to be read just as much!!

The one thing I will HIGHLY RECOMMEND is that you turn away now from reading review
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
What can I say about Marni Mann that I haven't already said? She is one of the most gifted writers I have had the privilege of reading as she takes us on epic journeys from beginning to end, regardless of genre or trope. Her talent and innate God given ability just shines through in anything she writes. In The Assistant we are given the story of one of the bravest heroines Mann has written to date. Jesse Black is strong, assertive, dedicated and so loving. This was a phenomenal ride that I never ...more
Novelish
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ibooks
This was my first time reading a book by this author. Although well written, this book just wasn't for me. I'm in the minority here since this book has lots of 5-star reviews.

The book is narrated from 3 perspectives: the main character Jesse, her husband Emory, and his assistant Charlotte. When I read the synopsis and saw the cover, I thought it eluded to an affair, which I don't like but I thought I'd give this one a try anyway. I don't want to give anything away for someone who wants to go int
1-Click Addict Support Group
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Breathtaking Stars

photo Allaboardthefeelstrain_zpsuoq7ke2k.gif

Saunders
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Maryse's Book Blo...: The Assistant BR - Start Whenever You Can (Spoilers) 46 37 May 23, 2019 08:21PM
USA Today Bestselling author Marni Mann knew she was going to be a writer since middle school. While other girls her age were daydreaming about teenage pop stars, Marni was fantasizing about penning her first novel. She crafts sexy, titillating stories that weave together her love of darkness, mystery, passion, and human emotions. A New Englander at heart, she now lives in Sarasota, Florida, with ...more