Start by marking “New Horizons (Metahuman Files: Classified #2)” as Want to Read:
New Horizons (Metahuman Files: Classified #2)

New Horizons

(Metahuman Files: Classified #2)

First do no harm.

Trevor Sanchez left behind a life of war with Alpha Team for a future in medicine. Pursuing his dream of becoming a doctor, Trevor doesn’t have much time for anything other than studying for the next exam in his accelerated medical school. When the Sons of Adam attack the teaching hospital he attends, Trevor can’t stand by and do nothing, especially not wh
Published February 20th 2019

To ask other readers questions about New Horizons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Horizons

Simone
***4 - 4.5 Stars***

TELEKINETIC. WALL. SEX.
Simone’s review of Leap of Faith | Goodreads

Ha! I knew that would pique your interest and yep, it's just as hot as it sounds...

Trevor Sanchez, former medic of the Metahuman Defense Force's Alpha Team, thought he more or less retired into civilian life by attending medical school to become an emergency room trauma surgeon, when the past comes knocking - or rather shooting - at school's doorstep in form of a terrorist cell long thought to be obliterated. Smack bang caught in the middle of th
Cadiva
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hailey Turner's Metahuman Files series are my drug of choice when it comes to Sci-Fi based paranormal romance and I am soooo glad she's not finished with this series completely.

The second in the Classified spin-off focuses in on Bones, Alpha Team's medic Trevor Sanchez and it's a doozy - full of action, hot men and sweet romance in so few pages - that there is a gift people :)

This isn't a standalone as such, but you could read it if you've never touched In the Wreckage or the rest of the Metahum
~Volha~
Despite this being a short novella this book brought back all the things I love about Metahuman world and added another couple to the ever growing Alpha team family.

A chance meeting of Trevor and Brendan under dangerous circumstances finds two men in close quarters and falling in love very quickly. But even though it's fast they manage to learn to trust each other and become friends and lovers. Who knew these two men would set the sheets on fire?! Who knew that Brendan is full of surprises and
Sitonit
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I wanted to say I appreciated the time off between the original series ans spin-off. It's why Alexei and Sean and I didn't connect. Wish it was longer and more fleshed out for Trevor as I enjoyed the chemistry between him and Brendon.
Angela
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a relative late-comer to Hailey’s Metahumans series, mostly because I wasn’t sure of the genre. Urban fiction/paranormal isn’t really my thing. After hearing people raving about her stories for several months, however, I finally started reading In the Wreckage (Metahuman Files book 1) and found I could not stop. The benefit to dragging my feet was that I didn’t have to; I spent a glorious couple of weeks reading all 5 books, plus the short stories and ficlets she would occasionally grace us ...more
Natosha Wilson
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great read. I really enjoyed this book. This was not as long as previous books in the Metahumans files have been but this book got straight to the point and left nothing to be wondered. This is Trevor’s book. Of course the other members of his team make guest appearances as well.

This is a continuation of The Sons Of Adams attacks and Trevor, though he isno in medical school, finds himself right in the middle of another one of their attacks. But this time the attack takes place in the
Megan
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Moving on with life after the devastating and life-altering events in DC isn't always straightforward. Some suffer with PTSD, others struggle to find their new place in the world. Trevor Sanchez has always been sure of who he is and what he wants. While he misses the camaraderie and stability and familiarity of his military unit and his place with Alpha team, he's eager to finally become the doctor he wants to be. When the Sons of Adam don't seem to be laying down their plans, Trevor becomes emb ...more
Joseph
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An exciting and welcome new novella in the Metahuman files saga. So much packed into this fantastic story of one of my favorite characters, Trevor from the series. After being uncovered as Metahumans in the harrowing war against the Sons of Adam. Trevor telekinesis extraordinaire is now a med student living civilian life.Not long after sitting in a lecture do alarms indicate an emergency that could include armed gunmen, that set the hospital on shutdown and Trevor into action, and I love the adr ...more
John Altman
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed this novella that featured Trevor and Brendon's story that catches the reader up months after Book 5 took place.
Likes:
1. Trevor & Brendon's story
2. Catching up with the team
3. The team teaming up
Dislikes:
1. Too short LOL yes it's a novella but selfishly craved for a full-length novel to get more of Trevor, Brendon and the team.
Wishlist:
1. The team rises like the Phoenix again with new adventures
2. Does Jamie's dad win the Presidential Election?
3. Is Sons of Adam finished o
Diane Dannenfeldt
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just can't get enough of this series. I know this is a spin off of the Metahuman series but we get to see all the faces that I love from that series. Trevor, the medic from Alpha Team, is now working on becoming a doctor and while in class, there is an attack at the hospital that he is at. So, he jumps into action and runs down to the ER to lend a hand and he comes face to face with Brendan an EMT who is trying to protect his patient. As it turns out, the patient has ties with the Sons of Adam ...more
Tracey
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Michaelene
There's just something about Hailey Turner's writing that keeps me coming back for more...the detailed world that just makes you feel like you're part of it, the dynamic characters that make you laugh and cry and rage, the emotion that just pours out onto the page. This novella was another divine introduction into the Metahuman Files. I miss these guys!

Trevor is studying hard to be a doctor, but another mission comes calling for him and formerly known as (but will always be in my heart) Alpha Te
Misty M
4-4.5 stars
Action. Explosions. Hotness. All add up to your typical, AMAZING Hailey Turner book. But then add, TELEKINETIC WALL SEX, and oh boy was this good. Turner managed a lot of plot in a novella, but I want more. If it had been an established couple, or a prequel this would be utter perfection for me. It was just a little too fast for me, and I’m crossing my fingers so hard that there’s more to come from these two. Trevor and Brendan spoke to me like Jamie and Kyle did, I connected with the
Light
4.5 / 5 Stars

This author sure knows how to pull you in from the first sentence. Although I recommend to read the whole series because it's too good to miss.

This book is very short so don't expect the very long stories we are used or too much of anything, it just the right dose of action and romance. Trevor and Brendan -love them both- can't stay away from each other's from the moment the meet. Sure, having crazy people after you doesn't help. But it's not Trevor's first rodeo and he knows who he
avid reader 1
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New Horizons is a good, quick read. It is always good to see these familiar characters and to meet new ones as the stories unfold.
Trevor has been a noteworthy character in past installments, and I am glad the author has given me a chance to get to know him better. His meeting and subsequent relationship with Brenden is suspenseful and attention-grabbing and the sexy times are super hot.
With a minimum of words, the author put me in the minds of both characters. Their storyline is exciting and bel
Violet  Marshall
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the seventh book in The Metahumans Files Series. A sensational book the writing was amazing. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters captivating. The characters were well developed and thought out. Trevor and Brendan are the MC’s of this book. There was humor, gun fire, MDF, Police, attacks, protection, school and so much more in this book. My only complaint about this book is that it ended too soon, even though the story was told ...more
Rachwithheadinabook
4.5*

This is a Metahuman file with all the action taking place after book 5 In the Requiem, so it is best to read in order.
Trevor Sanchez is trying to acclimate to civilian life and medical school when his teaching hospital comes under attack by Sons of Adam, Brendan Kane is the ems personnel that Trevor saved, only for there to be an additional threat to Brendan's life.
This is a sweet novella with plenty of action and heat, it gives us the readers a chance to catch up with the team which I real
Lee Todd
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always wondered about Trevor...we've never been given a hint of his sexuality, so yayyyyy, gay!!
Trevor has settled into being a civilian and studying to become a doctor. At heart he is still a protector and when terrorists invade the teaching hospital he's at his instincts take over. The cute paramedic he saves is just what he never knew he was looking for.
The chemistry between the pair is hottt!! I loved it!!
Definitely can recommend this as a stand-alone but it really enhances the series s
R
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, reviewed
Trevor meets Brendan, a paramedic, when he uses his telekinesis to save Brendan from a bullet. They become better acquainted the second time Trevor saves him. Much better acquainted.

I so enjoyed being back in this world. Trevor’s story was short, sweet, and hot. Packed with action. With the rest of Alpha team making an appearance (though now their temporary designation is Phoenix Rising). It’s nice to know there are still stories for this group of metahumans.

I think Brendan was perfect for Trevo
Serena Yates
Feb 21, 2019 marked it as to-request-for-review  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately the author has changed her review policy and is making it impossible for me to review her books in the future. Apparently review copies are now only available in Kindle format sent to a Kindle email - which I do not have and never will. Amazon is too poweful already and I cannot believe that authors actually fall for their nonsense. It is extremely disappointing!

I guess some authors don't need reviews...

Serena Yates at Rainbow Book Reviews.
Jaimed
Staying strong

I loved this series and this story doesn't fail to live up to my expectations.We didn't get much time with Trevor during the series, so I really enjoyed getting to know him better. I liked what kind of character he is and how on the spot he was. Brendan is a good character that isn't scared of Trevor's powers. He is brave even when faced with danger.

I liked this story and had to read it again since I enjoyed it so much the first time. I hope there are more novellas in the works fo
Stephanie
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes we get to have a happy ending for Trevor and Brendan is just prefect for him. This is definitely a book that you need to read the other books of Metahuman series. This is after everything that has happen after the 5th book. This is such an amazing series and I just love getting more of all the characters story with this one. I just love this short story. I couldn't put this one down. Love it so much.
Joscelyn Smith
So Freaking Good❤❤❤

I have the Metahuman series since In the Wreckage and I was overjoyed when I heard that there was going to be another book. I absolutely loved Trevor's story and I am so hoping for more books to come because this just wetter my appetite for more. All in all a very enjoyable read and an amazing addition to the Metahuman world.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*
Pat Nelson
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOLY SMOKES!!!! The author has packed the same punch of all of her other fantastic, fast paced, powerful, gritty, intense, smoking hot, adrenaline soaked, and totally awesome books into this marvelous short story. I guarantee that you won't want to put it down.
Ivy
I was happy to have Trevor's story, I liked him and I did wanted a happy ending for him. It was good to have all the guys back together , I felt nostalgia actually
It was a great read , the kind that put a smile on my face at the end.
Well done Miss Turner
Austin
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out of the few novellas Hailey has written for Team Alpha, this one is BY FAR the best. I loved Trevor in this, and seeing Trevor in focus makes me wish we could've gotten a book for him in the main story arc.

Maybe if we get another Team Alpha arc, perhaps...?
DeWanda
Shelves: kultd
Quirks
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 2019-reads
Review to Come
Lilly
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was great to revisit the Metahuman world by way of Trevor. The former Alpha Team member meets Brendan when remnants of the Sons of Adam attack a trauma center. He and Brendan end up in close quarters when Brendan becomes a target of the terrorist cell.

Brendan is a fan of Trevor’s telekinesis in the bedroom and that made for fun reading. I like that Brendan meshed well with the rest of Alpha Team. Catching glimpses of Sean, Alex, Jamie, and Kyle was great.

Voluntary ARC review.
Kirsty Norris
Feb 21, 2019
Hailey Turner is big city girl who spoils her cats rotten and has a demanding day job that she loves, but not as much as she loves writing. She’s been writing since she was a young child and enjoys reading almost as much as creating a new story. Hailey loves stories with lots of action, gritty relationships, and an eventual HEA that satisfies the heart.

You can keep up with Hailey's future project

Metahuman Files: Classified (2 books)
  • Out of the Ashes (Metahuman Files: Classified, #1)