Start by marking “Christmas Shopaholic” as Want to Read:
Christmas Shopaholic

Christmas Shopaholic

(Shopaholic #9)

Celebrate Christmas with the ultimate Shopaholic!

The brilliant laugh-out-loud festive novel from the Number One bestselling author.

Becky Brandon (née Bloomwood) adores Christmas. It's always the same – Mum and Dad hosting, carols playing, Mum pretending she made the Christmas pudding, and the next-door neighbours coming round for sherry in their terrible festive jumpers.

Published October 15th 2019 by Bantam Press

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Shopaholic, please sign up.
Joshua (ithildins) I've only read the first two - so I know who the characters are; there's also an Americanised film version entitled "Confessions of a Shopaholic".…moreI've only read the first two - so I know who the characters are; there's also an Americanised film version entitled "Confessions of a Shopaholic". It's sort of a combination of the first two in regards to events and dialogue. So, if you've never read one of them, you can catch up in less than two hours that way. But I consider this more of a standalone if you know who the two main characters are and have glanced at the titles in the series at least haha(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Dana
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Christmas Shopaholic
Norma * Traveling Sister ~ Semi-hiatus for now until I fully get my reading/reviewing hat on! 😂 I’m almost there! 💕
Hilarious, delightful, & heartwarming!

I couldn’t be more excited that Becky Brandon née Bloomwood is back in this latest installment to the Shopaholic Series. This is one series that I eagerly and patiently wait for the next installment. Thank you so much, SOPHIE KINSELLA for writing such a fabulous and entertaining character. I absolutely adore Becky and you! CHRISTMAS SHOPAHOLIC did not disappoint me at all in fact it exceeded all my expectations!

CHRISTMAS SHOPAHOLIC (Shopaholic #9) by
Kaceey
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet? No? Have you even started?
Meet Becky. She’s a gal that flat-out lives for shopping! All day...every day! And when Christmas rolls around? Well, you can just imagine! She’s in seventh heaven and her shopping mania jumps right off the charts!

This year, Becky has something new to contribute other than wonderful presents. She’s been handed the awesome family task of making Christmas dinner with all the fixings and events for the day. She’s
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
You know that friend that you go years without contact, yet you are so comfortable that you pick right up where you left off? Well that is me with Becky Brandon (Bloomwood). This girl has seen me through some hard times! I have missed Becky and her outgoing, quirky, sometimes socially unacceptable personality. I was so excited to see a new Shopaholic book and a Christmas one at that!

So for those of you who don't know Becky- there is a whole series, except this is a perfect stand alone. No need
Berit☀️✨
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-physical, 2019
SHE is BACK!!! Becky Brandon (née Bloomwood) is one of my all-time favorite characters and she was as hilarious and brilliant as ever in this festive story. I was so excited to spend time with Becky it was like catching up with an old friend. I have read and loved every book in this series and while some have been better than others this one was an absolute treat!‘tis the season to be shopping and Becky could not be happier! She barely even bats an eyelash when it is dropped on her that she will ...more
Susanne  Strong
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
3.5 Stars.

A Fun, Light, Sweet, Enjoyable Read.

Who knew that simply reading about Shopping could be so Exhausting?! LOL. I forgot how much Becky Brandon (née Bloomwood) likes to shop and actually felt guilty about the amount of money she was spending and it wasn’t my money! (Can we just say, Thank Goodness!?!?)

In “Christmas Shopaholic,” the Christmas season is quickly approaching and Becky finds bargain after bargain on the internet.. (at least they were “bargains” to her.. though I’m not quite
Carrie
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Christmas Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella is the ninth book in the contemporary romance, chicklit Shopaholic series. The series does follow one character, our Shopaholic Becky, and would probably be best to read in order from the beginning. However, being a late to the club but now a fan of Sophie Kinsella I did read and understand this one just fine as a standalone.

The title of this series will give readers a hint into the character of this series and her obsession with shopping and finding the
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Becky is hosting Christmas this year, and she has a long list of to-dos. Will she make it a success, or will it have a few bumps along the way in typical Becky fashion?

I laughed out loud, I smiled, and I hugged this book when it was all over. It was a total comfort read. If you are a fan of Becky, of holiday reads, or just want to experience a fun read, this is a must. There are plenty of holiday shenanigans along with all the zaniness we expect from our well-loved Becky. No one has a heart as
Kat
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-2, christmas
This had a really great cast of characters and interesting drama in various suburbs of London. I really enjoyed the story as Becky struggles to balance her online shopping addiction (seriously, how was her family not in huge debt?), a super green sister who finds fault in everything she does, and parents who are trying out being hipsters in retirement. And she’s hosting Christmas for the first time! I had a huge laugh at the scene where everyone had to (view spoiler) ...more
Camilla Isley
This book was, in one word, sprygge! A happy place, a comforting blanket, hot cocoa by the fireplace...

This is my favorite Shopaholic novel alongside the first book. The humor was off the charts, I chuckled almost at every page and, best of all, it was all wrapped in the Christmas spirit. Becky Brandon (neé Bloomwood) really comes back with a bang in this novel, she’s hilarious, most of the situations she gets herself into are incredibly funny, and being inside her head once more felt like
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
As a dedicated Becky Bloomwood fan, I will continue to read this series until the very end. With each additional novel in this series that is released, I feel as if I'm returning to an adventure with an old friend. It's comfortable and it's cozy. As well, I'm always guaranteed to have a laugh while reading this series due to the (mis)adventures of Becky.

With all of that being said though, I must mention that although each novel is still enjoyable, I feel part of that is due to the nostalgia and
Lindsey Gandhi
I have soooooo missed Becky!!!!!!! Let me just start off by saying if you haven't read this series before now, stop what you're doing and go check it out. The lovely thing about Christmas Shopaholic is that it can be read as a stand alone book, but having some of the background just makes it even more funnier.

Becky Brandon (née Bloomwood) is back and she is feistier than ever. Her crazy antics, shopping extravaganzas and hilarious letter writing are in full force when she is asked to host
Amy
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new Becky Bloomwood novel is always cause for celebration for me, set it during the holidays and I’m even more excited and this one did not disappoint! I love that it’s easy to jump in and out of this series if you want, or if you’re like me you follow each book, but even if it’s been years since you’ve read a Becky book it’s like checking in with an old friend you haven’t seen for awhile but you pick up exactly where you left off, the ultimate in a comfort read for me.

It’s not a BB book if
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5/ 5 stars

I am a big Sophie Kinsella fan and a huge fan of the Shopaholic series. Christmas Shopaholic is the ninth book in the Shopaholic series. The eighth book was written in 2015. So it has been a few years since I read the last book (I read it when it came out).

I was so excited when I found out that there was going to be a new book in this series. This series is Chick Lit. The narrator is Becky (1st person POV).

Can you read this book without having read the previous books in the series?
Lisa Leone-campbell
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who has read Sophie Kinsella's Shopoholic series will not want to miss this newest installment after Kinsella took a brief hiatus from Becky to work on other projects.

Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) now lives in a little village in England with her darling husband Luke and her young daughter Minnie. She works for her best friend and continues happily to enjoy her true passion...shopping.

When her parents move into a very unconventional neighborhood, Becky decides to host Christmas at her
Bookworm
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After finishing Shopaholic to the Rescue and thinking that would probably be the last book in the series, I was absolutely thrilled to discover there was a new one out! I was even more thrilled when I received an ARC on Netgalley!! I’m a huge fan of Becky Brandon née Bloomwood and the Shopaholic series. Christmas Shopaholic did not disappoint!

There are many laugh out loud moments as Becky takes on the overwhelming task of hosting Christmas for the first time. Between the array of requests and
Trish at Between My Lines
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The perfect feel good book to read with a big mug of hot chocolate and Christmas music playing merrily in the background. The book made me giggle, snort with amusement, but also choked me up with emotions at times.

Becky is back and this year she has the task of organising Christmas. I loved returning to her madcap world. I hadn’t read any of this series in a few years, and what stuck me most is how kind Becky is. I feel she has matured (her credit card bill would say otherwise) but I love how
Tammy
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: release-2019
A fun and entertaining book that had me laughing out loud!

Thank you NetGalley and Random House for the opportunity to read this book for my honest review.
Jodie
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is the perfect read both for fans of the Shopaholic series or for standalone holiday fiction. Becky Brandon, nee Bloomwood, is given the task of hosting Christmas for the very first time for a group of family and friends. In true Becky style, nothing is straight-forward or easy, but instead full of challenges and getting in way over her head. The “perfect” Christmas is never easy, but the antics of Mrs Brandon make for a lot of belly laughs and OMG’s! From trying to join an All Men’s ...more
Dianne
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
It has been quite a while since I've read one of the Shopaholic books and it's safe for me to say that Becky has grown (somewhat). She still makes bad choices with her shopping, and now she is also making bad choices about how she appears to others. ( maybe she always has, but mainly I'm reading this as a 'standalone' instead of part of the series; it has been that long since I've read one of these)!

Becky may be flighty at times and worry too much about what others think of her, but she is a
Patricia
I loved THE CHRISTMAS SHOPAHOLIC. This wonderful novel kept me SO entertained! I found myself constantly laughing out loud. I believe this is the best shopaholic novel so far, and it is right on time for Christmas. Becky Brandon is the perfect shopaholic with her crazy reasoning. I recommend this to all women out there; it will be loved!
Mandy White
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, read-in-2019
Oh what a delight it is to read a Shopaholic book! It has been a while but it all came rushing back when I started reading. I devoured it in 2 sittings, laughing along with the characters and the situations. So much fun and perfect for the festive time of year.

Becky Brandon (née Bloomwood) is back. When her parents suddenly move to an apartment in Shoreditch it falls on Becky to host Christmas. How hard can it be? Anybody that has done it knows that it is a constant battle to keep everyone happy
Samantha (WLABB)
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 Stars

I am always excited, when I find out about a new Sophie Kinsella release, but I was even more excited, when I found out we were getting a new Shopaholic book.

Over the years, and over quite a few books, I have developed a special fondness for Becky. She is a bit of (lovable) screwball, and always flounders a bit, but in the end, she comes out on top, and she does so in a way that is lovely and heartwarming.

It was such a treat to catch up with Becky! This time, she had taken on
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
From the very first book in Sophie Kinsella’s worldwide bestselling series, The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic, to the last edition of the series, Shopaholic to the Rescue, Becky Brandon returns with Christmas Shopaholic. Book nine in Sophie Kinsella’s Shopaholic series is filled with plenty of laughs, zany escapades, friends old and new and lots of shopping, all set to a festive filled backdrop. Christmas Shopaholic is an essential read for fans of the
Lisa Leone-campbell

Cori
Oct 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This was funny at first but Becky gets herself into so many frustrating situations that I started to want to help her stop, think, and make better choices. I really enjoyed these books years ago, and I take full blame that this book followed the path of the other Shopaholic books, but it just wasn't for me at this point like I enjoyed them when I was younger! I will definitely give Sophie Kinsella's other books a try, I have liked her recent books that aren't apart of the Shopaholic series. ...more
Dianne
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Elizabeth
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don’t panic. Don’t panic. Just go to Amazon and preorder this book right now and all will be well. When you think of it, it really is an investment because it will go up in price when it comes out and it’s always best to be ahead of the game (spoken in my best Becky Brandon, nee Bloomwood voice).

After returning to England from the States, Becky is all grown up and is a wonderful mama (mum). She has a good job, working for her best friend, Suze and is living in a fab house in the village. Her
Cathi - LovesBooksMore
Book Review
Christmas Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
4/5 Stars

As a love of all Kinsella’s shopaholic series, I knew this book would not disappoint me. I mean, this has to be the ultimate shoppers dream or nightmare at Christmas- right?!

Becky returns in classic form as she is thrown into hosting Christmas this year. Her parents have moved into a young, hipster area of London leaving their home in the capable hands of Becky’s sister Jess and her husband Tom. This brings the obvious chaos to
Brenda
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't realize how much I've missed Becky! I love all of the things Becky manages to get into. This was a very festive book for the holidays and will make you feel good about your own holiday celebrations. :) I really hope there is another book, because this left it open to another one!
Tracy
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A warm, lighthearted, and humorous story, which is centered around a mother who always strives to please everyone she loves with such genuine and heartfelt sincerity it is palpable. Riotous, delightfully clever quipping and lighthearted banter (amongst all the characters), as well as loss, fear, regret and the close connections, support and love which kept them going forward. Great reminder that authentic connectedness, trust and companionship only comes when we have a willingness to work on ...more
Play Book Tag: Christmas Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella - 3 stars 3 10 Dec 09, 2019 05:48PM

• Let It Snow
  • What Happens in Paradise
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • The Giver of Stars
  • Vacation
  • You've Been Volunteered: A Class Mom Novel
  • That's What Frenemies Are For
  • The Confession Club (Mason, #3)
  • The Family Upstairs
  • Christmas Sweets (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #18.5)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Child's Play
  • We Met in December
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • Postscript (P.S. I Love You, #2)
  • Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry
Sophie Kinsella has sold over 40 million copies of her books in more than 60 countries, and she has been translated into over 40 languages.

Sophie Kinsella first hit the UK bestseller lists in September 2000 with her first novel in the Shopaholic series – The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic (also published as Confessions of a Shopaholic). The book’s heroine, Becky Bloomwood – a fun and feisty

Shopaholic (9 books)
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1)
  • Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic, #2)
  • Shopaholic Ties the Knot (Shopaholic, #3)
  • Shopaholic and Sister (Shopaholic, #4)
  • Shopaholic & Baby (Shopaholic, #5)
  • Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6)
  • Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic, #7)
  • Shopaholic to the Rescue (Shopaholic, #8)
“Whatever the Grinch can steal, it's not Christmas.” 0 likes
“But the trouble with asking your subconscious what it wants is, it just laughs at you and says, 'Work it out for yourself, moron.” 0 likes