Start by marking “The Crane Diaries: Stained” as Want to Read:

(The Crane Diaries #3)

I Am Death.
I Am Darkness.
I Am Creation.
These are the simple truths Emma Rose Crane, AKA Mattie Hathaway, has run from for the last two years, but the situation she finds herself in will not let her flee her past anymore. It’s barreling toward her at the speed of a bullet.
Mattie finds herself back in Charlotte, North Carolina, for the trial of Dan’s mother. She’s determ
Published February 12th 2019 by Limitless Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Crane Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crane Diaries

Start your review of The Crane Diaries: Stained
Belinda
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stained is the third book in The Crane Diaries series, a spin off from The Ghost Files.

This book starts with Mattie (Emma) and Dan back in Charlotte to attend the trial of Ann Richards, Dans mum. While in town ghosts always seem to find Mattie, needing her help and Mattie being Mattie just can’t so no. Nothing will ever go smoothly for Mattie but she’s always ready to risk her life to help others.

While helping out where she can, the trial begins and ends with a devastating result.
Can Mattie save
Mummy's Naughty Corner
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
Seriously why does this author always have to drop nukes at the end of every story. Not cliffhangers per say but damn if they don’t make a colossal impact. Dans mom has never liked Emma/Mattie in fact she’s made it clear how much she essentially would prefer Mattie dead. (view spoiler)
The last book ended leaving us hanging and wondering if Mattie gave up her V-card
Aly
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book! I enjoy all the characters as they build stronger and life long bonds. This series of books is one of my favorites and I can't wait for more. Emma Rose Crane, AKA Mattie Hathaway is a great character and the people she chooses to surround herself with are just as great. Who doesn't love "Officer Dan"? Great book! ...more
Cody Smith-Candelaria
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 in the Crane Diaries series, a follow up to the Ghost Girl series. First, I love these characters, each and every one of them. They have grown in my head to hold a special place in my heart. Of course I adore Emma / Mattie but I have a real soft spot for Dan and his love of Mattie. This book picks up right on schedule with the end of book 2. Dan and Mattie have fully embraced their relationship together, they have a bond that cannot be broken, but it can be tried. They are headed ...more
April
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My favorite thing about this series is that each book is different. In most series I've read, once a series reaches a certain number they all just start to sound the same. Different names but the plots are all the same. Not true with the Ghost Files / The Crane Diaries. I mean, you know they will involve ghosts, but each story is unique. And Mattie/Emmas character is always expanding. She grows, learns, fears, loves, and gives more of herself in every story. I find myself emotionally invested. S ...more
Natalie
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stained is the 3rd book in the Crane Diaries series, which is a continuation of the Ghost Files series. Emma Rose Crane/ Mattie Hathaway & her boyfriend Dan Richards must go back to Charlotte, North Carolina for his moms murder trial. While E.R./M is trying to support Dan while he feels like he is in a tug of war between two families, they catch a new case. Unfortunately his case will bring lots of old her to the surface for E.R./M. and her emotions are still high from the last case she dealt wi ...more
Kimi
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heart pounding non stop!!! I am so blown away by what has happened so far! Emma Rose keeps on amazing me with each book! I love love her character. She is super kick ass. My heart almost gave out at that one crazy moment in the story that almost changed everything for her. Author Apryl Baker's series is ridiculously AWESOME. I highly highly recommend this series as well as her other ones before this. You will become seriously addicted to reading it. Emma Rose has come a very long way. Her life n ...more
Brii Rose
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sayonara Costa
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🥰🥰🥰

Love how she is finally embracing who she is. Excited that her and Dan are talking that next step, even though it scares her; it shows how much she has matured. I’m enjoying the relationship she is having with her brother in which I understand her reason to keep him at arms length but family is family. All in all I love the book. Can’t wait to see what happens now that she done pissed off people most would be terrified of, but I guess it’s just another day in the life of Mattie Hathaway Crane
Cindy
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This has been one of my favorites in the series so far. I loved Emma's confrontation with Dan's mom. She is finally starting to release what she really is, which is very cool. This one had an interesting case and a definite focus on getting the family/friends back together in one place. The only disappointment, is the still didn't figure out the end of the case from book 2, so I hope book 4 will focus on finishing off the "roogie." I'll be waiting for the next one, I know some cool things are in ...more
Books 2 Blog
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I absolutely love this series. This series just keeps getting better and better. This is the third book in the series and I am not disappointed. As I sat down to read it everything else was forgotten. I love dan ( swoon) he is my ideal man. Emma is a strong character that has grown in our very own eyes. I really enjoyed their make shift family. Peaches is my favorite!! I can’t wait to see what happens next. The storyline keeps you on your toes and the twists keeps you coming back for more. ...more
Sammie Harley Ann Moore
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the Crane Diaries series but so far from the little trespassing ghost girl we started out with in the first Ghost Diaries. Our little Mattie has grown and suffered so much. She has learned to trust and love, found family, and became true to herself. Now we see just how far she is willing to go for Officer Dan. Thus was a tear jerking and amazing read that I will enjoy rereading a lot.

I read this as an ARC and just loved it. Will definitely recommend to others.
Cecilia
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gosh i love this series.
I think you have to be a great writer for having book 8 in the series and it still being a page turner.

Again, I love the relationship Mattie/Emma has with Dan
And the relationship of everyone around her who loves her.

(view spoiler)
Sarah Evans
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love love

This has been my favourite book in the crane diaries so far. Although I feel like there could have been more to the makayla story there is so many questions that I need answers for.

On the whole this was a fantastic read. Finally dans mother got what she deserved! And this story had loads more ghosts and Emma doing what she does best!

Roll on the next book! Can never get bored of this series
Jadedove
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Page turner (no spoilers)

Emma Rose/Mattie accompanies her boyfriend Dan back to Charlotte, North Carolina for his mother's murder trial. Three shots force Emma to let go of her past and embrace all she is meant to be.

This is the third book in the Crane Diaries series. I didn't think Apryl could top the first two but she did. I look forward to the next one!
Tess
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For some reason Emma / Mattie is always getting into trouble. This time is no different. She helps out on a police investigation. She's brought into the case, just to see if there are any spirits around. A woman and child had been murdered. Another woman missing.

This book is amazing. Apryl has a wonderful imagination. She comes up with the best stories. I can't wait to see what's next
Aditi Merchant
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books in this series so far. There were moments where my heart actually stopped and then there were moments where I felt like cheering for Mattie like, " You go girl!" In this book Mattie was forced to stop being afraid of her powers and take control of them. Eagerly anticipating the next book in the series. ...more
Jana Gundy
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a series

I was hooked from the very first book, way back when and I’m still hooked to this day. There is no character in the written world quite like Mattie/Emma. This series and book are painful yet joyful, ugly things happen but so do beautiful ones. I will always love this series.
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have so enjoyed this series so far, it has kept me in my seat, and made me keep turning the pages until there was nothing to read.
Emma and Dan are back in this one and they have a trial that they have to go through but as always something or someone is out to stop them from being happy and what a ride this story is taking us on.
Tammy Hall
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can not get enough of this series! It is a wild paranormal ride that never seems to stop. There is always something happening to Emma Rose/Mattie and Dan their rolls are always nonstop. I love their connection but, I also love the paranormal/ horror aspect of the story.All I know is that I want more!
Deborah Yunevich
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mattie comes into her own

Mattie is getting stronger, but somethings can still being her to her knees. Going back to North Carolina brings Mattie heartache, satisfaction and she embraces all her aspects. I hope this continues because I really want to know what Georgina is up to and who will Nathaniel stand by in the long run.
Amanda Hettler
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes Yes yes!!!

I am honestly so in love with the ghost files series and now the crane diaries! Oh Apryl, you seem to know how to just gut someone, pull on every heart string, make them ugly cry, then end up with a huge smile and a full heart! Seriously people, READ THESE SERIES!!!!
Toni
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best series EVER!

Apryl Baker is phenomenal! She has one heck of an imagination. And she can put it on paper in a way you will never forget. The Crane Diaries is the best follow up to The Ghost Files that I could ever ask for.

If you like snark, bad assed girls, ghosts and the whole paranormal scene, you MUST read both series.
Misty Davis
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always enjoy this series

So glad that the author never ended the story of Mattie Hathaway/Emma Crain in the end of THE GHOST FILES. I love following her adventures. She gets into trouble wherever she goes but with the help of her powers, family, and friends she always gets past them.
Sandra
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it, ebooks
Emma (who will always be Mattie to me) and Dan return for the trial of Dan's crazy, nasty mother. Mattie has really grown and matured and it is obvious in how she handles Ann's hatred and her support for Dan. I must admit I did enjoy it when she has finally had enough and gives Ann her ultimatum - she more that deserved it. ...more
Theresa
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
just great

A continuation of the Crane Diaries. Mattie who is now sometimes known as Emma is in college now 20, she's deeply in love with art, and her boyfriend Dan who is a detective. Dan's mom Ann is on trial in Charlotte, N. C. for murder. Mattie gets to know her half brother Nathaniel, and meets her birth mom, who attacks her.
Lady Ann
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great book, in an awesome series!

I am loving how her other powers are being revealed slowly. It's also great seeing how she uses them. I can't wait to see what is to come in the next book,with her powers, her abilities, her love life with Dan, her relationship with her brother and etc...
Kim
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly fabulous! I am totally in love with these books and they just keep getting better and better. Watching Mattie/Emma go from childhood to adulthood has been great. I love that all her friends are right there with her in each book. And the things that they get into! Another great book!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Fire Devil (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #11)
  • The Trailwalker (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #13)
  • The Monster Museum (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #10)
  • The Necromancer's Library (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #12)
  • Maze of Souls (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #6)
  • House of Whispers (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #5)
  • Terminal  (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #4)
  • Broken Luna (Broken Trilogy, #1)
  • Broken Alpha (Broken Trilogy, #2)
  • Finding Us (Pack Bardot, #3)
  • Winter's Wolf (The Cursed, #1)
  • The Keeper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #8)
  • Mated For Life (Second Chance Alpha, #1)
  • Lullaby (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #7)
  • Running Beside the Alpha (Wolfsbane, #2)
  • Cold Shadows (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #2)
  • The Tower (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #9)
So who am I? Well, I'm the crazy girl with an imagination that never shuts up. I LOVE scary movies. My friends laugh at me when I scare myself watching them and tell me to stop watching them, but who doesn't love to get scared? I grew up in a small town nestled in the southern mountains of West Virginia where I spent days roaming around in the woods, climbing trees, and causing general mayhem. Nig ...more

The Crane Diaries (7 books)
  • The Crane Diaries: Homecoming
  • The Crane Diaries: Dirty Blood
  • The Crane Diaries: The Red Church
  • The Crane Diaries: Bayou Secrets
  • The Crane Diaries: Bayou Revelations
  • Bayou Reckoning (The Crane Diaries Book 7)