Start by marking “Paperback Writers Anthology” as Want to Read:

Paperback Writers Anthology

An anthology of original stories inspired by the music of The Beatles.
Universal. Romantic. Experimental. Timeless. Emotional. Fearless.
Twelve short stories that all share a chord.

Foreword by Sylvain Reynard.

Paperback writers featured:
Melanie Moreland
S
Paperback
Published June 11th 2019 by Locklear Books

To ask other readers questions about Paperback Writers Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paperback Writers Anthology

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Paperback Writers Anthology is a collection of eleven short stories by eleven amazing authors. Each story is inspired by a song by the group, The Beatles. So far, I have only read two of these stories, Don’t Want to Leave Her Now by Effie Kammenou and The Taste of You by Melanie Moreland. I loved them both and hope to be able to read and review more of them soon!

DON’T WANT TO LEAVE HER NOW BY EFFIE KAMMENOU
This was such a beautiful tale of two souls that instantly connected at birth, but were to
Karen Komarinski
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fidelity is a refreshing original story from the minds of the very creative duo Jennifer & Morgan Locklear. I could not put this story down and not only did I read it in the same day, reread it 3 times within a couple of hours. It’s August 1961, Kurt & his girlfriend Sophia decided after 1 yr & 10 months to give themselves to each other, they were making plans for their future. Little did they know after they kissed goodnight life would never be the same for anyone. They would not se ...more
Carvanz
I haven’t had a chance to read all of the stories contained in this collection but I intend to do so a little nibble at a time between lengthier reads. The following is my review for THE TASTE OF YOU by Melanie Moreland.

This was a cute, sweet and steamy novella that romance foodies are going to gobble up!

When Julia barely touches her food at the exclusive restaurant, the chef takes it personally. Before she knows it, she’s being challenged to sample food that is not processed or sold in a box. A
Messy Bun Book Blog
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!! Paperback Writes Anthology is just amazing! I was so intrigued by the concept and I completely fell in love! FIVE STARS (for EVERY story in this)!!
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Great collection of 12 short stories that combine the love of Beatles music and real life romance. All created by fabulous authors there are a few that stood out and i will highlight:

Melanie Moreland - The taste of You - Wonderful love hate relationship between a high powered chef and the small but equally as powerful woman who stops him in his tracks and shows him what love really feels like.

Effie Kammenou - Don't Want to Leave Her Now - Two babies born together in the hospital at the same time
Miriam Meza
Reading this anthology was an unique experience. The romance and the friendship in these heartwarming compilation, combined with the amazing vibe that only can be added by The Beatles music, was something precious and unforgettable.

My first time listening The Beatles music was when I was a kid. My dad was a huge fan, and with the time I became one as well. I have so many memories associated with their music. I know every song by heart, I recognize every feeling, the joy, the sadness, the hope,
Bluebird
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended!

In the 1960s, in the heart of a divided and torn Germany, two young lovers (Sophia and Kurt) find themselves separated in spite of them.

Caught in the torment of the cold war, can their love pierce the wall that blocks them ?

#Fidelity is a Real Heart Taking, the authors (Jennifer and Morgan Locklear) takes us into their perfectly written plot with four hands thrilling our hearts readers to the sounds of the Beatles.

Suspense and emotions are at the rendezvous.

You'll be charmed b
Lauren R.
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a unique, beautifully written anthology.
Go get this book because it is for a good cause and profits of this book go to The World Literacy Foundation.
I enjoyed all the stories and the words were felt through the pages as I read.
Many wonderful characters that are memorable and will capture your heart.
Go One Click it!
**ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review***
4.5 🍒🍒🍒🍒popped!
Jypsy
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Thank you Jennifer Locklear and The Next Step PR for an advanced copy.*

*All opinions expressed are my own.*

*Review*
Fidelity By:
Jennifer and Morgan Locklear

First, I should tell you that Paperback Writers is one of my favorite songs. I was singing it in my head the entire time I was reading.
I read Fidelity, which is only one of the short stories in the anthology. The story centers around a pair of lovers literally separated by the Berlin Wall. Many accounts say t
Christine C
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Paperback Writers anthology is a baker’s dozen of short stories all written by different authors, and all inspired by a Beatles song. Each story is different – there is romance, supernatural, fantasy, historical fiction, most anything you could want.

This is the perfect book to work on when you don’t have a big chunk of time – each short story stands alone so you can just read one or two at a time or devour the entire book. The story titles are the titles of the songs that inspired them. It’s
Karrie
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review is for Melanie Moreland’s The Taste of You. Melanie’s stories always draw me in, it never fails but they do. She has left me once again wanting more and more.
J_Mc 251
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful anthology that will make you feel “Glad All Over.” Each of the stories is based on a Beatles song. Some of the authors work lyrics and/or song titles into their stories and some use the lyrics of a song as a theme or the plot. When put “All Together Now,” the result is an extremely diverse and highly entertaining anthology. “Don’t Let Me Down,” please go to my blog at Fireflies and Free Kicks Fiction Reviews to find out which stories I liked the most, then “Run For Your Life ...more
Jo-Ann Forrest
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is very fun concept of bringing different authors to collaborate on one book. I can't say which story is better, as they all have their merits. I honestly volunteered to review this arc.
FS Meurinne
Shelves: arc, reviews
This anthology is blowing me away, I am loving the stories, so far I have read Fidelity, Tinderella, The Taste of You and Hey You, definitely an anthology you will want to read. Also all sales go to support The World Literacy Foundation.
Ashley Jasper
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two things I love- books (obviously) and The Beatles. So when I saw that this anthology was coming, with stories inspired by the Fab Four, I knew I had to read it. And what a delight it was. Now while I haven't read all of the stories within yet, the ones I did were good and left me wanting more!

Venture Capital by Kris Babe

What a sad and melancholy little story. My heart just hurt for Lori and her company. I loved the snippets of the fun, vibrant place it was. What a mess it turned into when too
Pimm Cullen
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a review of Fidelity by Jennifer & Morgan Locklear and a Taste of You by Melanie Moreland.
Fidelity
Berlin 1961, 2 young lovers, Kurt & Sophia lose their virginity the night Berlin is separated, Berliner Maurer. Without warning they are torn apart, one on each side of the wall. 3 years later we return to Kurt working hard & living in the West but devastated, Sophia is in the East unknown to us. A record shop, singles by The Beatles and a covert plan bring Kurt back to Sophia,
Judi
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review is only for Fidelity by Jennifer Locklear and for The Taste of You by Melanie Moreland. I did not read the other books. I enjoyed both of these books. They were both addictive and heartwarming! The romance was intense, sweet and steamy!" "There's plenty of laughter and fireworks to make these two books much-loved stories.
Josephine
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Beatles and these stories only enhance my love for them. My Favorite stories were Jennifer Locklear's and Melanie Moreland's. This book give money to a good cause and the price is right. Jennifer's story was very cleverly written. She wrote some good characters. My only complaint is that the story wasn't longer. As always Melanie writes a great story.
Monica
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reading

An original story from the 90’s inspired by music from the Beatles. Souls will keep helping each other even if they’re not in this world or the next.

Sweet characters captured my attention since the first page. We can feel the love in the writing. Although there were issues like in every ordinary family, I believe everyone was trying their best.

Beautifully written, something you must read.

On to the next story.
Leaving a review as long as I finish the next ;)
Kari Hansen
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of 12 very different short stories that cover a range of genre’s so there is something for everyone. The only thing they have in common is that they are all centered around the musical lyrics of the Beatles.

It is a great chance to read stories by the authors you know and love and get introduced to some new ones as well. As a bonus the proceeds benefit The World Literacy Foundation.
Marcia
Jun 13, 2019
Bluebird
Jun 03, 2019
Karen Schwandt Hoy
Jun 18, 2019
Morgan
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
Susan Swords
Feb 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Thuy Taylor
Feb 08, 2019
Sydney Logan
Feb 10, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
My Own Bookshelves
Feb 10, 2019
Rumer Haven
Feb 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine
Feb 23, 2019
Gabriela Mira Williams
Feb 23, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Link for book is wrong 7 22 Jun 10, 2019 10:40PM
Jennifer Locklear writes the “hauntingly emotional” Constellation series, which was selected as a Best Book of 2016 by Agents of Romance, Smokin' Hot Reads Book Blog and AC Squared Book Blog. Her love stories are “equal parts wildly erotic and heartbreakingly angsty” (Agents of Romance).

Follow Jennifer on BookBub to receive notices about her new releases and sales, and join her mailing list at lo