Jump to ratings and reviews

The Bent Zealots MC #6

A Mutual Friend

Courageous lives forever.
King: I’m just a mild-mannered truck driver trying to do right and make it through each day. When my rig was held up by neo-Nazi thugs, they stole a shipment intended for the Bent Zealots MC. I need to make it right by the bikers.
During a rumble at the clubhouse, I found myself brutally dry-humping a dark, smoky biker. Appalled by my behavior, I slunk off with the racists, squatting in an empty office building. Talk about hitting rock bottom.
Anton: Stinging from the most savage breakup of my life, I took to the road in my new occupation: demonologist. The Zealots have just the job for me—figuring out what the fuck is eating Barclay Samples, a Prospect who’s been slicing and dicing small animals to drink their healing blood.
I found a new partner in my quest to exorcise Barclay’s demon—the studly trucker who manhandled me in the brawl. Our attraction is one for the ages, made in heaven. We can bring each other out of our shells in the accepting environment of the gay MC, but the dark forces of the white power men and the devil controlling poor Barclay have taken the upper hand.
King: Body parts began appearing, both in town and in our kitchen. We have a mind-blowing choice: admit defeat or return fire with every tool in our arsenal.
If you have DEMONS, then you have everything.

Publisher’s Note: This book is not for the faint of heart. It contains scenes of graphic gay sex, illegal doings, consensual bondage and discipline, cannibalism, graphic depictions of the dark arts, and violence in general. It’s a full-length novel of 65,000 words rated 18+ due to possible triggers. There are no cheating or cliffhangers, and HEAs for all.

255 pages, Kindle Edition

Published February 8, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Layla Wolfe

59 books488 followers
Bestselling author Layla Wolfe likes to bring you alpha males--sometimes two at a time--and the kick-ass women who love them. Her BARE BONES MC series explores the dark, disturbing life of the biker club in Arizona. Her spinoff series THE BENT ZEALOTS MC is a gritty MM saga. THE ASSASSINS OF YOUTH MC is a spinoff set in Utah. For a FREE COPY of THE BARE BONES #1, sign up for her newsletter at: http://www.subscribepage.com/d3s7p6

You can find her at:
www.laylawolfe.com
www.facebook.com/layla.wolfe
www.twitter.com/LaylaWolfeAutho

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (1%)
1 star
4 (6%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 32 reviews
Profile Image for Maritza.
446 reviews23 followers
March 12, 2020
WTF!!! Am I reading the same book as those who gave it a 5* rating? I am struggling to finish this book as lascivious activities are taking place in the sacristy of a church with an ex-priest. Usually I don't mind some questionable scene writing but this is too much. The only reason I am reading this further is that I am committed to a team challenge here on GR and this fit the bill. I normally love all things MC but I won't even put this on my biker shelf. The author is one I've read before and have always liked what she has written but this may not have been the book for me. Read at your own risk.
Profile Image for Rhonda.
2,794 reviews66 followers
February 18, 2019
I love MC, I love MM and I love the two together. Layla Wolfe is really good at bringing stories I like together. This is her 4th book in The Bent Zealots series and I just adore King and Anton!! Each book in this series gets better and better. If you like these two genres, you really need to pick up this series. It's awesome!!!
March 6, 2019
A Mutual Friend is the 6th book in The Bent Zealots Series. I think this book took an interesting turn. It has taken me a while to write this review because I am still not sure how I feel about it. I do like paranormal. I do like dark stories. And I do like M/M reads. Which are all elements in this book. There is murder, mayhem, twists and turns to this story to keep this book interesting.

Layla Wolfe knows how to write a good story that keeps you gripped to your seat. This story is very graphic for those that are sensitive and it may cross lines. If those things don’t push your like buttons then don’t read this book. There is a Publisher’s Note make sure you read it. Every word in that note is very true. You have been warned. I liked this book but, it almost crossed some lines for me and for that I am going to give it 3.5 stars. This is the first book that I have read by her that left me with I am not sure how I feel about this book. I am still looking forward to reading more from this author. I like that she likes to push sensitivity buttons.

Oh, I did receive an ARC but this was also offered on Kindle Unlimited so I read the KU copy. I feel that if the author can get paid any money that is the way I should go. Authors work hard to write books.
37 reviews
March 11, 2022
Nah, don’t think so

I need to know what happened. When I read the first book in the series I thought it was kind of juvenile but I liked it. In a series the books often get better the longer you read, but not this time. I like the storylines in all her books, she take up important issues, but I’m starting to think that she’s on the booze when she writes. Mixing up the characters, fumbling and confusing dialogues, and the timeline is just weird. And the sex scenes, it’s like someone who never had sex but seen some bdsm videos trying to describe the lifestyle.
It’s too bad bc I think she has the groundwork of the story down but it’s like she gets lost when she’s trying to get it down on paper.
Profile Image for Ken Cook.
1,141 reviews6 followers
June 3, 2021
My second Bent Zealots novel, the Arizona based motorcycle club continues to be populated with oddball characters. This entry into the series adds trucker King, who gets 'jacked by a rival MC, and Father Antonio, a defrocked demonologist. The plot follows the tracking of a possessed prospect as the relationship develops. Wolfe writes a frentic style, using the harebrained cast to keep the energy flowing as cross plots zing across the pages. At times confusing, always comedic, the heat as the two versatile tops sears.
Profile Image for B E.
498 reviews1 follower
August 27, 2020
A Mutual Friend: Bent Zealots

What a story!
I really felt sorry for Barclay and his situation.
Happy that Flannery and Lilly found each other.
Antonio and King were the best, the things they had to see and do were very disturbing. The fact they found their love of each other through everything was awesome.
Profile Image for Ashley.
9 reviews
September 9, 2020
Demons and Bikers

This was definitely a new experience for me. It touched on all of my favorite things to read about. It has demons, bikers, some super hot MM action, and a bit of a thriller mixed in.
Profile Image for Andrea Gillan.
2,193 reviews2 followers
March 10, 2019
Wow

Demon's and possessed. This book was a gripping read. I over every page. King finding out his true self and Antonio leaving the church hunting demon's.
Profile Image for Charlene.
1,117 reviews22 followers
April 10, 2020
A Mutual Friend, book six in the Bent Zealots series follows King Statesboro and former priest, Father Antonio Primo. While out delivering a shipment of drugs, King is attacked and the drugs are stolen. While trying to figure out where the drugs have gone, a dispute breaks out between Bent Zealots and Aryan Nation, and he finds himself up against Antonio. When a former Prospect, Barclay Samples begins acting strangely, Antonio offers his help since his specialty is demonology.
985 reviews3 followers
April 1, 2020
This was an odd, strange, eerie, paranormal story. I found the events and relationships confusing, and I didn't really relate to any of the characters. The exorcism and demon elements were just strange. I didn't really feel any romance element between the two leads, either.

Profile Image for Gaele.
4,079 reviews80 followers
April 19, 2019
I’m going to start with a verbatim insertion of the publisher/author prologue for this particular book.

This book is not for the faint of heart. It contains scenes of graphic gay sex, illegal doings, consensual bondage and discipline, cannibalism, graphic depiction of the dark arts, and violence in general. It’s a full-length novel of 65,000 words, rated 18+ due to possible triggers. There is no cheating or cliffhangers, and HEAs for all.

If anything in the prologue has you thinking ‘not for me’ – than this book is NOT FOR YOU. Don’t say you weren’t warned and prepared – you have been. This series combines the outsider/ one percenter view of the world from an MC Club that is mixed with a very (I repeat VERY) open attitude to language, drugs and sexuality – be it homosexuality, bisexuality, hetero or even abstention. The characters are palpable and honest, no one is a choir boy or truly irredeemable, but they are all people who will interest your curiosity and engage your empathy and ability to see the world through eyes unlike your own. This series presents as much of a challenge as it does engages - and requires you enter with an open mind and are willing to learn, experience and explore something different. And I LOVE every moment of the challenges I face when reading these books, rarely do I have a hard time with the characters and their development or relationships. This one, however, did provide a few moments of what the actual _____ have I just read? All in a good way. Anton and King are wonderful characters who have a yin-yang way of relating to one another, with a serious dose of both trust and caution that allows their interactions to shine as their relationship develops and deepens. But there are stranger things afoot here - from run ins with the Aryan brotherhood (an anathema to the Zealots as they are both openly accepting of gay members but also have a diverse cultural makeup in their club. Of course, they have the pot farm and their dealing drugs and trying to manage the flow of drugs and violence through the reservations, trying to keep the families there safe.

The Bent Zealots, while being a club are also one of the most structured and accepting communities that one could find – and while their behavior is often aggressive and violent – those are also reactionary to threats and challenges against them and what they believe in. When we add in the dark magic and questions of possession, mix in some priestly influences and plenty of compassion – you get this community. Moments with previously highlighted characters show the progression of their growth and importance as we welcome new people to the group. Sure, there were moments that were more difficult to read and experience, but most of all – the club and the foundations on which it was built – respect, honesty, friendship, brotherhood and diversity have transcended all the challenges they face and moved into new and ever-changing, more difficult challenges.

I received an eArc copy of the title from the author for purpose of honest review. I was not compensated for this review: all conclusions are my own responsibility.

Review first appeared at I am, Indeed
1,049 reviews6 followers
February 17, 2019
Caution ahead: demonic activity, gruesome details, Dom/sub M/M play and BDSM…Whoa!
King is a big strapping ginger-haired truck driver who is carrying drugs to the the Bent Zealots MC in Arizona when he’s attacked and the drugs are stolen. He tries to figure out how to tell the club when a fight breaks out between the Bent Zealots and Aryan Nation guys. Since he’s new to this club, he attacks a man who he takes for one of the Aryans, but their positions lends itself to some naughtiness. King hasn’t had a girlfriend for about 5 years and enjoyed only occasional “lot lizards” to blow him, who could be boys or girls. He sees himself as straight…really?
The man that King had dry-humped at the fight is Antonio, a former Catalonian priest who is gay. He has come to find his former lover and priest, Noel Maloney who now is engaged to another man. Anton’s specialty is demonology. He performs exorcisms and can actually see demons. He stumbles upon a situation with Beelzebub’s possession of a young man, Barclay Samples.
There are some truly gruesome scenes of the things that Barclay is lead to do and some really titillating scenes between King and Anton, like chapter 8, off-road in the acacia and in the sacristy! Their attraction to each other was a slow-burn but when it was lit, Oh. My. Word!!! This was the first Bent Zealots book that I’ve read so it took a little bit to get used to the flow and the many characters, but once I did it became very entertaining. Again, there are some VERY gruesome events so be aware but if that doesn’t put you off and you like M/M romance with an unconventional twist, read this book. I volunteered to review an ARC of this book. What about that cover!!!
Profile Image for Elysian Fields.
1,971 reviews32 followers
March 16, 2019
I have been interested in this author for awhile and jumped at the chance to read this story. It sounds so unique and different, fresh and interesting. I however, had a very difficult time finishing it. While the overall story line is good, there was just too much to the story and I didn't feel like it was a standalone so I was trying to catch up while trying to enjoy the story, 2.75 stars.

The positive: there is demons, MC's, M/M lovin' and interesting dialogue. Unique plot line with fun take on an MC read.

The negative: too much added to the story, the uniqueness was overdone in places. I also had zero connection to any of the characters and was put off by a few scenes (they just didn't hold my interest).

The indifferent: not a big fan of BDSM but its in this story. I don't think it added/nor took away from the plot. The way the main character “meet” and the demonology aspects of the story.

All in all I think this is a good book for this author’s followers, but it left me with no desire to read more. It's not a bad book, I am just indifferent about it. I received an ARC and I am leaving an honest review.

Profile Image for John-Torleif  Harris.
2,559 reviews8 followers
February 13, 2019
I liked how Antonio accepted that the supernatural existed with such certainty that the people around him can't help but believe. I was a bit confused about his training though. Was he a demonologist because he had a gift for it that was honed by the Church? Or did he receive the ability from his training, which would sort of imply that the ability should be tied to the God-given authority as a priest...

King's situation throughout this whole story was often ridiculous. In the beginning, every good deed that he attempts is thwarted in the worst possible way for him. Then, as the story progresses, he finds himself more and more as he gets deeper down the rabbit hole. I would have liked to know more about his true dreaming and being an empath.

I wonder if we'll have more of the supernatural in future books to learn more about these two, or if this was just a special case.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
Profile Image for Lenna  Wright-Berry .
3,050 reviews31 followers
April 6, 2019
Definitely a page turner, but the gruesomeness is at my limit to which some places it was making me really queasy where I has to step away from this story to settle down from the thought of these scenes.
In the last book we met Noel ‘Father Moloney’ well this book is his ex lover former priest Antonio ‘Anton’, at first seeking to reunite with his lover but Noel is happy with Fremont but Noel sends Anton to The MC for work. Now his work to help a crazy Barclay before he turns to the worse and no chance of saving, but Anton is hopeful to help.
King is a long hauler truck driver that is on the search for his missing product, but he gets into a biker fight, accidentally choosing the wrong side and dry humping a stranger, but that will be the tamest part of his journey. Something from his past will show up to be helpful but mostly just to cause trouble......
977 reviews1 follower
May 25, 2019
A former priest, a demonologist, agrees to look in to a former prospect for the Bent Zealots MC, who is acting weird. Thus follows violence, demons, death and new associations and friendships.
A truck driver has a package stolen that belongs to the MC, and is determined to find it and get it where it belongs. He makes new friends and experiences many weird interesting things.
A very different type a book, but it was intetesting.

Profile Image for Sheri.
322 reviews
February 19, 2019
I’ve been a fan of Layla Wolfe’s Bent Zealots MC series since the beginning. A Mutual Friend is the 6th book in the series. I recommend starting with book 1 to get the full Bent Zealots experience.
A Mutual Friend is the story of truck driver King and former priest Antonio.
A true Layla Wolfe m/m book with some paranormal in the mix. Throw in the usual Bent Zealots suspects, some new quirky characters, and a demon; and you have the steamy, dark, and violent newest LW book!
Profile Image for Kimkbries.
1,663 reviews
February 27, 2019
King and Anton’s story was a very interesting story. Anton was asked to help the Bent Zealots with a demon issue. While working on the challenge he meets and is instantly attracted to King. Together they try and handle the demon, but also discover their feelings for each other. I recommend reading the cautions in the blurb about the book by the author to make sure this is a story for you. If you can accept them, you will find a romance that I really enjoyed.
Profile Image for Sheryl.
2,008 reviews13 followers
March 2, 2019
A truckers special shipment of drugs is hijacked from his truck. Getting between a brawl with the gang that stole it and the gang that paid for it is almost more than he can handle but he ends up wrestling with a sexy gang member. Now the pair must face the paranormal, both gang members and being near each other while trying to keep their attraction at bay.

this is a book from the Bent Zealots MC series by the author.
11.2k reviews44 followers
October 2, 2019
his truck was held up and all the goods stolen and now he needs to try to make it right with the bikers it was meant for. He is caught doing something which has now embarrassed him. the guy he did it with is now in a mission and will need his help. how will they get on? Will they be able to work together? Will they finish the mission? See how they get on

Profile Image for Jamie Lovering.
126 reviews2 followers
February 21, 2020
I got this book free though a Valentine's day promotion on bookfunnel. I have very much enoyee this book. I couldn't put it down. The story line was very interesting and love blooming between the two main characters was very sweet. I think the underlying message to this story was about acceptance and not judging people for being different. Espeacially those with mental illness. I am glad that part was put in as my son and I bot have learning disabilities.
Profile Image for Anabela.M..
959 reviews15 followers
February 12, 2019
I have mixed feelings about this book. I liked the beginning, King's predicament making me laugh. That,and his reaction to his attraction to Antonio.
But then,to me,it all got confusing: the wording, the demon hunt, allowing Barclay to continue to create havoc,the dom/sub discussions.
I loved all the othe books by Layla Wolfe, and maybe that's why I expected something different.
1,020 reviews5 followers
February 21, 2019
I voluntarily read and reviewed this book from an advanced reader copy.
I really enjoyed reading this book. I don't usually read M/M books but this is one author's
I will read.
The story was very well written and kept me enthralled until the last page.
The characters had very good chemistry.
I would recommend this book to others who read this genre.
Profile Image for Melissa Schaub.
1,530 reviews
February 25, 2019
This is the 6th book in the Bent Zealots series and once again this author has given an extraordinary tale of sexy bikers and a hot M/M couple that like their kink. I really enjoyed this book. It was intense and I was eager to see how it all turned out for King and Antonio. I can’t wait to read more!
16 reviews1 follower
March 26, 2019
I have read all the bent zealots series and enjoyed them. If you like MM and bikers why wouldn't you?! This book has everything I enjoyed in the rest of the series re heat and action. King and Anton are great but it is quite dark in places and I'm not sure how I felt about some of the twists the book took with Barclay. Read the publishers note and you have then been warned!!
1,547 reviews14 followers
June 3, 2019
This is a really intense story with an edge. King and Barclay are pursuing something good, a love story between the two of them in a series of precarious situations. There is both danger and steam which makes this a wild read that grips you from the first chapter to the last.

Profile Image for Jolene.
678 reviews
February 13, 2019
I absolutely loved this story. I really had a problem putting it down. King and Antonio had so much going on from minute one but found where they each belonged.

I received an advanced copy and voluntarily left an honest review.
Profile Image for Mandy Sawyer.
3,728 reviews22 followers
February 25, 2019
Ok, so where to start?! I was reading this book with a constant wtf face! There is a hell of a lot going on. You’ve got M/M, demons, MC, graphic details of murder and a lot of gore. Great job by Layla, impressive writing skill.
Profile Image for Tammy.
8,817 reviews33 followers
May 30, 2019
M/M paranormal read. King and Anton are great characters and their story is fast paced, intense, a bit dark and intriguing. Will they be able to save Barclay? This is a fast-paced read with loads of drama and lots of twists and turns. I was hooked from beginning to end.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 32 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.