Start by marking “Cupid's Match (Cupid's Match, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cupid's Match (Cupid's Match, #1)

Cupid's Match

(Cupid's Match #1)

He's mythologically hot, a little bit wicked, and almost 100% immortal. And he'll hit you right in the heart . . .

"Miss Black, we have a big problem.”

Lila Black doesn't believe in matchmaking, let alone soul mates. So then why is she constantly being hassled by the Cupids Matchmaking Service? But this gilded, cherub-bedecked dating agency isn't exactly what it seems . . .
Published October 1st 2019 by Wattpad Books (first published July 18th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Cupid's Match, please sign up.
Soumya Not really... it's actually a trilogy but can be read as a standalone also!!!

Start your review of Cupid's Match (Cupid's Match, #1)
Kat Valentine
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is so much more then a high school romance! The Roman mythology twist was so awesome!! When lila keeps receiving emails from the cupid's match making service that she's been matched she goes to straighten out the misunderstanding,she already has a boyfriend and never signed up to begin with. But once she arrives and speaks to Cal not only does she find out that Cupid's are real but Cupid himself is her match,and her world will never be the same. I loved bad boy cupid he is handsome and very ...more
Cristina Monica
3.5 stars. I like when stories first published online become traditionally published because their hype is contagious to me. I become really curious about them and want to find out what makes them special. Cupid’s Match is the kind of YA paranormal romance that you’ve read before… but with a twist. I’m okay with that, since I don’t think the wheel always needs reinventing and as long as a story is catching my interest I am a happy reader.

This story caught my interest from the start. I like when
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Fun way of bringing mythology into a contemporary setting!

I really enjoyed this book, though I think it could use some editing and it could be a bit shorter, since I read an advanced reader copy, the final publication may have the editing. Aside from that, I really liked the story. The premise of having a Cupid Matchmaking Corporation that employs thousands of Cupid’s to make sure people cross paths with their match is pretty cool.

Then to have the heroine be matched with the original Cupid (who
Dark River
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
**I received an eARC of Cupid's Match through netgalley; opinions are my own.

I'm a bit torn about this book. Right from the start, we get thrown into the story, and I highly appreciate that. I wasn't bored once reading Cupid's Match and it's one of those titles that can easily be read in one sitting if that's your thing.
The writing flows nicely, something's always happening and you just don't have time to get bored with it.

However, especially as we near the ending, I felt like things switched fr
Chihiro
What I expected:
description

What I got:
description

When I read this book on Wattshit, I expected it to be a love story, but it wasn't.

If the author writes a book about greek mythology or just mythology in general, she should be careful not to write about things she doesn't know. This story was completely unrealistic in terms of everything. Cupid is the Roman counterpart of Eros, so saying "Hermes" is uncorrect, Mercury is. There were many other mistakes in this book.

By the way, it was extremely BORING. The characters
Filipa
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Disclaimer: Not sure if this is the official goodreads page for this wattpad story but it was the only one I could find.

After so many attempts to find good stories on wattpad, and after so many let downs, I'd lost hope. But, when this story came up on the Discover page, I was immediately drawn to it. I mean, it's about cupids who run a matchmaking service!! How often do you read something as quirky as that?!
Sure, it wasn't brilliant, but it was damn good and very entertaining! The characte
Daniella (Reading With Daniella)
Click here to see this review and others on my blog Reading With Daniella

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The synopsis of this book sounded promising and the story line had a lot of potential, but the execution left me disappointed.
If I had to describe this book in one single word, I would use 'rushed'. From the romance, to the plot, to the world building, to the conclusion, everything simply felt hurried.

The world building was we
camilla
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I came across this on Wattpad I expected a high school love story where it is a badboy who chases some good girl. However, this story doesn't even include that plot at all. It came as a surprise. This can't really be called a love story, it's more like a action/adventure/fantasy fiction, although it contents romance of course. I spent a whole day reading this whilst smiling like the Chesire Cat from "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland".
In short, this story is about how the main character Lil
Murugesh Selvaraju
Reading this book was like peyton telling bedtime story to joe Kingman-
"Once upon a time there was a princess and she had a lot of beautiful dresses.
She had a pink dress, a red dress, a blue dress, a green dress, a purple dress,- an orange dress, a yellow dress...So each dress had a secret power. The pink dress, which had pink sparkles all over it, could make her fly. And the blue dress, which had blue sparkles all over it, could make her tiny. And the green dress, which had green sparkles all
Anusha Narasimhan
This book does an interesting take on mythology. I liked the way many fandoms were referenced. The female lead's constant questions and her stupidity reminded me of Tessa from Infernal Devices. The cardboard characters made me want to drop the book, but the suspense at the end of almost every chapter forced me to continue. Granted, there are flaws but it was a fun read and I won't complain.
Ella
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FINALLY A GOOD WATTPAD BOOK
Shorouk Abd Elhamid
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-arc
This book was provided as an e-arc by NetGalley.

I loved the idea. It was unique at least for me.I liked the mythology and the way the author used it.

The story itself was a mixed bag.I liked part 1 and 3 but didn't like part 2 or 4.I loved the first 30% cause it was just fun and we didn't reach the death drama part.Part 3 was the action part and I liked it.Part 2 was a little boring and the last part aka the ending was okay but I think it was lacking.

I loveeed grumpy Cal(view spoiler)
Kristen
Thank you Bookish First for providing me with a free review copy.

Unfortunately, this one was a DNF from me. I struggled for 2 weeks to finish this but had to give up at page 158.

I initially wasn't sure if I even wanted to request a copy of this one. I couldn't decide whether the premise was super cool or super stupid. And as predicted it was both.

The reason that I ended up wanting to take a chance on this book is because I, too, write books on Wattpad and so, I thought it would be neat to see wh
Felicite Reads
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020
This is like some weird version of Twilight and I just didn’t like it at all. An immortal creature and a teenager, again? Really? (Yes I read and quite liked twilight when I was younger and maybe this would’ve been great when I was a teen but it’s a hard no now)

I’m so disappointed. I had high hopes for this YA. It’s a bit different from what I normally read when I read YA but it sounded promising. Unfortunately it fell flat.

I didn’t read the whole thing. I got about 50 pages in before I skimme
Zeynep ✨
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I first read Lauren’s Book when I was on Wattpad, a few years ago and I fell irrevocably in love with all the characters.

You’ll never see anything like this anywhere, it’s diverse and unique to the point where you find yourself in a reading slump afterwards, wanting to read more stuff that’s somewhat similar but you just can’t because it can’t be found—it doesn’t exists! Lolol

The main characters had explosive chemistry and the heroine had such a charming personality. Firstly and strong!

Lauren
Brittany ☾
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I've always been a fan of mixing mythology with contemporary reads. That being said, I was excited to dive into this book.

This type of immortal being falls for high school girl story has been done many times before. However, there were just enough plot twists to keep me interested. All the characters were well fleshed out, and mixed well together. It was truly a pleasure to read.

In the future, I hope this story is picked up as a tv show or movie. I think it has amazing potential to become a sc
Ondraya
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young adults
Shelves: favorites
Going into reading this book, I expected your typical cliche high school love story. Boy, was I wrong. This book had some many shocking twists and turns. The world Lauren Palphreyman built up for this story was based on Roman mythology. The way she adapted it to regular modern life was breathtaking. I did not expect to see into this world as much as the audience does. We see far more than just a love story. i recommended this story to my sister who also reads on Wattpad, and she loved it. This h ...more
Rebecca/Bex
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Theme: A Greek Mythology high-school romance with a dark undertone of ruthless ancient beings.
Nature of Review: I was provided with an ARC by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review- all opinions expressed are my own.
Release Date: Cupid's Match is being published by Wattpad Books, a new publishing company from the online writing website Wattpad, and is set to release October 1, 2019!
Warnings: Violence, language, generally standard YA themes

Lila has been trying to have a stable life since her
Annette
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copies
Once a week I scroll through Netgalley to see what titles they're offering and then I allow myself to request one title. (Unless I still have books from Netgalley to review, of course.) And after scrolling past this title for a few times, I noticed that it kept on drawing my attention. So, last week I requested this book and a few days later I already got the e-mail telling me that I got it!

And this morning, when I started reading, it felt like love at first sight. I read half of the book in one
Adriana
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This was a very middle-of-the-pack read for me. Meaning it's not a bad book and I enjoyed reading it, but it's also not a great book as it suffers from clunky development.
The idea of a matchmaking service led by cupids, how bad-A those cupids are, and the big bad are just a few of the really cool ideas that are contained within. Unfortunately, they're joined by a whole bunch of tropes and cliches that I am so over. They brought down the entire average of the book.
Cupid and Cal are awesome. I can
Read  With Miki
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is amazing. I originally read it in Wattpad and while there, I read it over three times. The story is just so captivating and you can't help but want to read it.

When you first see the title, 'Cupid's Match', you probably thing it's going to be a cliche romance with very little plot. That is not this story. There are so many different elements and plot twists. Our main male character seems like the ultimate 'bad boy'.

And let's talk about that cover. As I said before I read this story fo
El
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
*Got this through netgalley in exchange for an honest response*

This reads exactly as a teen TV drama and actually reminded me of shadow hunters (the show, I haven’t read the book so idk).
Very clichéd (honestly, all the clichés)
Stupid decisions by our MC
Forbidden love & of course there’s 2 of them (although poor Cal never got much of a look in)
And paranormal cupids!

But it was pretty enjoyable, trashy (in a good way) pretty funny (love the sarcastic banter!) and quite a fun escape.
If you love te
Jessica Berry
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: galleywars
What a fun, young adult, paranormal romance! "Cupid's Match" opens with high schooler Lila visiting a matchmaking service to demand that it stop soliciting her. To everyone's surprise, Lila learns that she was matched, through no request of her own, with the supposed love of her life. The dilemma: he's Cupid, a God, and NO Gods can be lawfully matched. Because of the impropriety implied by this match, Cupid, Lila and friends must navigate each other's worlds to escape the hellfire and wrath of t ...more
Erin (erinevelynreads)
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley19
Cupid’s Match is the cute story of what happens when a human falls in love with Cupid. After receiving a strange series of letters in the mail, Lila goes straight to the source, Cupid’s Matchmaking Service to find out what is really going on and make the letters stop. There she finds out that cupids are actually real, and she hasn’t been matched with another human, but with Cupid himself. But this is actually against the rules, and before she knows it, Lila is in grave danger. With the help of C ...more
Lauren Elise
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Read this on Wattpad.
Olivia Wildenstein
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you for the opportunity to read Cupid’s Match. It was a very enjoyable book replete with a fun magic system and an interesting cast of characters.

The only downside, to me, was that I didn’t feel the love interest was fleshed out enough, nor did I feel that the love triangle had any real reason for being. I like the direction the author took in creating it though. I guess I wished she’d spent a little more time building it so i could’ve cared for the boy the narrator picked.

The ending was
M I A | wldflowerbooks
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it

**I received an e-ARC of "Cupid's Match" from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review--all thoughts and feelings expressed are my own.**

" 'I think you have a wild and reckless heart Lila,' he says, finally. 'Like your mom.' " - Lauren Palphreyman, "Cupid's Match"

---------------------------------------------------

I was really intrigued when I saw this book available on Netgalley--I've never read a book about cupids and I love mythology! Knowing it was a Wattpad book, I came into this with
Kajree Gautom
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Considering I've had a bad experience with Wattpad published books, this was a surprise. I actually enjoyed Cupid's Match haha!
The story is very cliche, no doubt. It has its romance and drama. But what I enjoyed the most were the twists and turns throughout the story that the author gave us. The drama, I felt, was so good haha!! And even though you know that the end of the book's gonna look like, you still root for the story to take its shape.
Lila and Cupid were adorable, tbh. Cliche, no doubt
Hui
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jasmine Carlisle
This book was a bit different from the books that I usually read, but it was surprisingly one of the best. There's obviously romance, some action, a bit of a love triangle going on. It had the same feel of a "supernatural" story, but I don't think I'd classify it as that. If you're looking for a quick read with romance, action, funny dialogue, loveable characters, and an amazing plot, I recommend this one.
Bookish First Rea...: Cupid's Match by Lauren Palphreyman 1 6 Oct 22, 2019 01:22PM

• The Good, The Bad, And The Bullied (The Good Girl's Bad Boys, #1)
  • She's With Me (She's With Me, #1)
  • The Bucket List
  • The Good, The Bad, and The Bystander (The Good Girl's Bad Boys, #2)
  • The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me
  • The Bad Boy and the Tomboy
  • Saving Everest
  • Entwined
  • The Quirky Tale of April Hale
  • Perfect Illusion (Perfect Series, #1)
  • High School Hit List
  • The Girl He Never Noticed (TGHNN #1)
  • Bad Boy Isn't My Type... (Bad Boy Isn't My Type..., #1)
Lauren Palphreyman is an author based in London. She writes books full of magical organizations, modern myths, silly banter, and lots of kissing!

She is best known for her supernatural teen romance, Cupid's Match. Her new novel, Devils Inc. comes out November 13th 2020.

Cupid's Match (3 books)
  • Valentine's Day (Cupid's Match, #2)
  • Psyche’s Heart (Cupid’s Match, #3)