Start by marking “Saving Everest” as Want to Read:

Saving Everest

From the outside, Everest has it all, but there’s only one person who can see him for who he truly is . . . and it changes his life forever.

In this tender, poignant debut novel by newcomer Sky Chase, two teenagers on the cusp of adulthood learn to embrace life in ways neither of them ever anticipated.

Everest is the most popular boy in school. He’s handsome, wealthy, and
Expected publication: October 22nd 2019 by Wattpad Books

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Oct 22, 2019
    Enter to win one of seven copies of SAVING EVEREST by Sky Chase -- one of Wattpad Books' #OriginalSix titles!

From the outside, Everest has it all, but

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 7 copies available, 1011 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Oct 02 - Oct 16, 2019

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Saving Everest, please sign up.
    Leah McDonald Wattpad has opened their own publishing arm, which will be publishing physical copies of the novel (which makes this a traditionally published novel!)…moreWattpad has opened their own publishing arm, which will be publishing physical copies of the novel (which makes this a traditionally published novel!) on October 8th, 2019 the last time I checked.(less)

Mandi1082
    Everest trys to commit suicide and the whole school finds out. The students of the school treat him badly that he feels like he has nowhere to go so he ends up at the library where he meets Beverly.

The writing was okay and the flow was good, but the way the messages were handled did not sit with me well. Somebody is depressed so the kids start bullying him for trying to commit suicide. 😤 Even his father treats him like garbage which could be where his depression comes from but was not really ta
    Syndi
    Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: arc
    ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for honest review
    I am surprise to find that this book is the first book by Miss Chase. This book took me by surprise. The theme of depression and suicide is highlighted on this book. Everest and Beverly are 2 characters that is just opposite of each other. They have different family background, social status and even skin color. And yet during 1 day, they met on the corner of library and their world change. They brings out the best of each other. And ultima
    Dísir
    Getting into a New Adult/Young Adult story always takes a bit of recalibration in all senses of the word, though I do go into a read like this from time to time.

‘Saving Everest’ got me curious and yes, it delves into the heavy angst bit that seems to be the pre-requisite of such books these days along with the weightier topics of depression and suicide, familial fractures and the difficult routes out of these states.

Essentially, there are no surprises in here: the blurb is as the story goes an
    Genesis Sheli (Whispering Chapters)
    Everest was undeniably admired by everyone. Shockingly, it seemed as though I was the only person who felt any sympathy.

I greatly wanted to love this book. The premise sounded like I was going to fall head-over-heels in love. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Despite that, I still enjoyed this book a lot!

Everest is the popular kid in school who soon turns into a pariah when rumors circulate he tried to kill himself. Beverly is the quiet girl at school who suddenly doesn't want Everest to be alo
    Dianne
    I know, I know, I am in the minority here, but what I read is NOT quite as the synopsis advertises. A boy has attempted suicide and yet, he seems secondary to the girl he meets and all of her issues. Hang on for a dizzying ride through a tale that dwells on the surface in an attempt to gather too much “diversity fluff” and fails to provide the meat and potatoes.

Please, do not get me wrong, Sky Chase’s SAVING EVEREST IS written well, the author has clearly poured out a dramatic story, but for me,
    Brittney Monroe
    Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Thanks, Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for my honest opinion!

Adored this book! The characters were adorable! I loved the relationship between Beverly and Everest: from their issues to the cute little pet names for each other. The slow romance build between the two characters had me craving more and more. I seriously couldn't stop reading.
    The character development was amazing as was the writing. The biggest concern I had was that the author seemed to forget that Everest had attempted suicide
    Jesssiereads
    Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Originally from wattpad. Dealing with issues that teens now a days deal with.

Everest is a handsome and wealthy. He’s captain of the football team. Yet he’s still unhappy. He even tried to take his own life.

Beverly is African american. She’s quiet and shy. She’s a hard worker. Doesn’t have the best of home lifes. But through that all she still manages to stay positive

There’s so much angst. These two help each other grow . First time reader and overall a good read.

*Received an ARC from Netgall
    Kajree Gautom
    Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
    I wish this book actually followed what it stood and was written for but ofc not. It turned out into another romance :) add a sprinkle of diversity and teenagers giving "Ted talk" speeches and romantic interests not realising they're in love. Thank you 🙃

I liked the beginning and was happy that it was about depression. I was wrong. Only a few chapters had mentions of depression and then it was all them falling in love gradually. Oof. At some points the author did remember to sprinkle about mentio
    Lizzie Moore
    Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I found this book wonderful in the sense of diversity and heavy hitting subjects. Though when it got down to it the execution and handling on hard subjects like depression and suicide could have been handled better rather then just being a tool used to move the story along and then forgotten have way through.

All in all the love story was cute. Everest and Beverly are a couple to root for and that’s a hard thing to accomplish.

Worth the read if you down mind the subject matter
    Carly ❊ Reading Is My Kind of Thing
    Tw: mentions of suicide

This isn’t a hateful one star review, more so just a ‘this book really wasn’t for me’ one star kind of review. Netgalley really got me with that cover. And I really hate to say it, but the content inside didn’t feel reflective of the beautiful cover. I felt that Saving Everest had confusing characterizations, no real point of contention and was just juvenile in it’s execution.

I think the nicest thing I have to say about this book is that it reads like a good fan-fiction
    Hannah
    Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
    "Saving Everest" is a work of realistic fiction and embraces the reality of important issues in society, including depression, suicide, and ostracism. Some may believe that it's unrealistic that Everest was bullied at the beginning of the book, after his attempt at committing suicide, but I honestly think it's the sad truth of reality. I once read something that goes along the lines of "if you fail at committing suicide, society believes you're an attention seeker. but if you succeed at committi ...more
    Nicole
    Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it
    Saving Everest is a novel that dances that contains several massive issues; they are addressed and/or resolved in a haphazard manner. The novel begins with everyone in school hearing rumors of popular student Everest's attempted suicide, an occurrence that touches upon all subsequent events in this novel. Ostracized by his friends and other students who look to the cool kids for behavioral clues, Everest is at first wary when Beverley, the sole black girl in the school, decides to befriend him. ...more
    Katie Tyler
    Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
    Rating: 3.5
    I received an ARC of this with the promise of an honest review, so here it is. I wanted to love this book, like really love this book, but by the end, I ended up skimming just to finish. I didn't know this was a wattpad book until after I started reading and you know yah girl is always going to support Wattpaders :) I loved Sky Chase's writing, but do wish they would change some of the plot. I believe this story started off strong. I loved the aspect of the truth that is faced when on
    Zandile Ndlovu
    Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I fell in love with this book instantly. The writing style is so beautiful and well articulated. I adore the characters, their diversity and development. The plot is gold, and so important. It is relevant, stunny, informative, funny and deep. It is a truly touching story, and it has become my second favourite book of all time! Just below The Fault In Our Stars ;)

---Characters---
    Beverly Davis is so positive, it rubs off on the reader. She's an undeniable optimist and her spirit is so bold and bea
    Misty
    Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
    Everest Finley has it all. He's good looking, is the captain of the football team, his family is rich and he is adored by all. He should be the happiest person on the planet but he's not. Not even close. In fact, he's so unhappy he's ready to take his own life and when his attempt fails and he returns to school his world is turned upside down. His friends and his girlfriend want nothing to do with him. He's ridiculed and shunned by the in-crowd and he discovers the people he thought were his fr ...more
    Stephany Snell
    Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
    Ok, look, I am not usually a super intense, always triggered social justice warrior. I care that people are treated with dignity and respect but I can also take a joke and recognize nuance. I also read and review hundreds of books each year - the good, the bad & the ugly. It takes a lot to offend me or even catch my attention, to be honest. But.... I have some feelings about this one. To start, this whole thing about it being 2019 and her not having a single friend at school or work or anywh ...more
    Sandy
    Sep 27, 2019 rated it liked it
    I was hesitant about requesting Saving Everest. Sometimes I look forward to dark stories that can move me emotionally, and sometimes they just end up draining me. In the case of Saving Everest, I did begin to wonder if the depression that Everest was suffering from was too much for my personal "read for fun" time. I mean his depression was bad enough to cause him to attempt suicide. But thankfully the story didn't stay here too long.

I will say before moving on from that too much that we do see s
    Delfina
    Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
    I had some mixed feelings about this one. The plot of this book is one I’ve read before. Boy is depressed and falls in love with the girl that saves him. Plots can be done over and over again but if they’re well written, they can still be entertaining. I did like the premise. I think that suicide and depression are important topics that should be explored in YA books when it’s done correctly. This book doesn’t mention much about therapy or medication, which usually comes after a suicide attempt. ...more
    Fenna
    Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
    The premise of Saving Everest had me hooked to read the book. I liked the fact that Sky Chase tackles the subject of depression and explores how people look at it. The plot was a little rushed, mostly at the end of the story. I also missed more awareness on this subject, but also on other topics. There’s a point in the book where Everest’s father acts like a racist and yet the author doesn’t explore it enough to spread a message.

I, however, liked the execution of the main characters. Beverly qu
    bjneary
    Thank you to NetGalley and Wattpad Books for the advance reader copy of Saving Everest by Sky Chase, in exchange for an honest review. I could not put this book down, debut author, Sky Chase has written a great, diverse YA romance. The story of Everest Finley, popular, gifted and athletic, who silently suffers from depression and tries to end his life was crushing. Everest really has no strong family support; when he returns to school he is scorned by his girlfriend, best friend, and team member ...more
    Steph
    Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
    This book was a quick read. Hard topics and I felt like it was a little bit to easy. The topics were super real but then it seemed like the main character only pulled himself together because of someone else and I felt like that seemed dangerous. The book was easy to read the writing was a little hard to follow, it didn't flow very nicely.

I received this book in exchange for my honest review.
    Laura ( Latteandbooks )
    Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
    Shelves: netgalley, arc
    Before i get into my review, this could have just been the mood that i was in when i had read it, that being said. This book wasn't as good as I thought that it was going to be. The synopsis made it sound more interesting than it actually was.

There was a lot of moments that could have been improved imo.
    Tammy
    Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Everest and Beverly are both dealing with issues. Beverly has a tough home life and trouble socializing. Everest is the golden boy that has personal issues and is trying to find his way back from a suicide attempt. Story is slow paced. I had trouble staying with it but I prefer a faster pace book. The story itself wasn't bad and I did enjoy Bev and Ev together in the scenes.
    Jacqueline Allan
    Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I was lucky enough to read this ARC and thoroughly enjoyed it! It dealt with some sensitive issues very honestly and with great empathy. It was very true to life and represented the serious issues that young people face today with the pressures that society puts on them. I would highly recommend this book and would definitely read more by this author.
    Emily Williams
    Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    If I could give it a million stars I would, the way this was written and the storyline was just beyond amazing. I was so sad when it was over, I got to the last chapter and didnt want to read it based on the fact that I didnt want to be done reading it. The book was incredible to read and I'm proud to say I enjoyed it. Great job
    Adrianna Schuh
    Oct 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
    This book really disappointed me. It had such potential to be a powerful story. But it felt rushed and like the author was trying much too hard to make an impact. The story needs a little polishing and it could use more character development. Definitely not a favorite of mine.
    Emily Downing
    Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Words cannot simply express how I loved each and every character. The story of Everest and Beverly made me cry so many times, it should've been illegal. Despite that, I was smiling like an idiot throughout the end book.
    Kay J
    Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    All the feels, this book was everything. Enjoyed it so much 😭😊🤓
    Kimberly Zirkle
    Aug 29, 2019 rated it liked it
    Such a heart breakingly beautiful story about overcoming depression and finding love. I just wish there was a more definitive ending about what happens with the main characters.
    Angela
    Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
    I have mixed feelings about this one. I like the premise and the characters are relatable but the pacing was too slow for my taste.