Start by marking “Vacation Bride (Brides of Paradise #1)” as Want to Read:
Vacation Bride (Brides of Paradise #1)

Vacation Bride

(Brides of Paradise #1)

FAST AND FUNNY CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
When Anna Williams lands a spot on the Vacation Bride reality show, she's hoping to give her sick father a break from the Milwaukee winter, not win a rich husband. Which is good, because the hunky maintenance man whose broad shoulders and clear blue eyes have caught her attention is neither rich nor part of the contest...is he?

Chris
Published December 28th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Vacation Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vacation Bride

Start your review of Vacation Bride (Brides of Paradise #1)
Caroline
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Vacation Bride is my ideal contemporary romance read - it's fun, it's sweet, it's romantic, and I adored both of the main characters. The setting comes alive and who doesn't want to spend some time in the gorgeous Virgin Islands? The plot is unique and the dialogue witty, but the best part is how often I either smiled or laughed out loud as I was reading. That's such a gift and I'm grateful to the author for writing such an enjoyable read. Even better yet, there's a sequel in the works. Bravo!
Kas Durrett
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book just made me smile, from start to finish. A sweet romance, with great characters and some delicious twists and turns.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Fun, quick read. It had a smile on my face through the read. It was sweet, refreshing and clean. The romance was settle and impactful. When Chris and Anna meet its more than just chemistry. There was a soul deep connection between the two. Neither of them trusting enough to let their guard down or to fully trust the other. Things get complicated pretty quick but like any good romance. These two find their way to each other and it was just beautiful. The mishaps along the way just made it that ...more
Jamie
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anna is such a sweet character, wanting to do something nice for her father shes hit with the unexpected, Chris.

Michaela
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Imagine my delight when I start reading the book and discover its The Bacheloresqe. I havent read a book with this theme, and I was excited. Cue the drama and ocean air! The book was awesome and turned out way better than I could have expected.

Patty
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute; Fun; Quick Read

This is the first book I read by author Vicky Loebel
I've found another favorite author!!
This is the love story of Ana and Chris.
Ana's father has had heart surgery. His surgeon thinks a warm place with lots of sunshine will help him heal and recover faster.
Ana; the good daughter becomes a contestant on the reality show Vacation Bride.
Chris is the substitute bachelor looking for a bride. His cousin; Ryan; just eloped with the shows producer.
Neither is looking for a spouse.
Jean
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Marriage or Money..

Chris, the male lead, inherits the family fortune and his cousin approaches him with the

idea of the reality show.

He reluctantly goes along with the idea.

Anna, the female lead, has a friend who signed her up for the show and she is chosen.

From that moment, the competition is a bit humorous with several women willing to just

about anything to win.

Overall, a well written enjoyable read.

Emily Beresford did well with the narration.

Note:
"This audio book was provided by the
Susan
While contemporary romance isnt my cup of tea, I absolutely loved Loebels paranormal/urban fantasy novels. So I decided to give her contemporary romance novel a try. I did enjoy it even if it didnt wow me like her other novels.

Brideacuda! Ha! I love that phrase. Anna finds herself entered into the contest by her best friend but it means she can leave the Milwaukee winter for the tropical beaches of St. Johns island. Plus, she can bring one stylist with her and she chooses her dad who has
Lynn Reynolds
Would you consider the audio edition of Vacation Bride to be better than the print version?
I haven't read the print edition so I can't compare. But I can say that after listening to the story, I probably won't read the book because I'm not sure I would enjoy it as much. Personally, I would rather listen to the book again than to read it.

What did you like best about this story?
I think what I liked best was that I felt as if I was standing in the background watching the story unfold - both the
Lilly Charysma
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes! I loved Vacation Bride and it truly felt like a vacation. A short one, but still I have spent some amazing 5 hours. Set in an exquisite environment, the reality show that should provide a billionaire with a bride turns into a beautiful story behind the scenes.

Our main characters meet without knowing much about one another and they have a beautiful first date sharing personal things. But they both avoid the most important items: she competes for another mans heart and he is not a simple
Teresa
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Anna Williams best friend has signed up to be on The Vacation Bride reality internet show and won a spot. Problem is she broke her leg and had to have surgery to repair the break. There is no way she can go on the show. She gives her spot to Anna. Anna has no desire to go on the show but she does love the idea of an all expense paid vacation with her Father. Her father has recently had heart surgery, and she is excited to get him out of the Milwaukee winter.

Chris Andersen is a secret
Angi
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free ARC of this book and am voluntarily writing an honest review.

Anna is selected for an Internet reality show on a tropical island. She agrees to go so she can get her sick dad out of the Milwaukee winter they are currently enduring. Although she is supposed to be competing for the love of a billionaire bachelor, she soon finds herself attracted to the maintenance man. Chris, the maintenance man, has his own secrets he is hiding. Can these two overcome their secrets and find
Tara Christensen
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book! If you love reality TV shows, like The Bachelor, this book is for you! Anna Williams signs up to be a contestant on Vacation Bride. Her sole motivation is to take her sickly dad on a tropical vacation. She couldn't care less about the show or the bachelor. She gets more than she bargained for!
Barbara
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first book in the Brides of Paradise series a well written story with a very good storyline. I liked reading Anna Williams and Chris Andersen's story that Bobbie was really something else, I liked Ryan's part in this story. And I liked the Dolphin theme that ran throughout the story. I want to read the next book.
Heather Wamboldt
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vacation Bride: An Andersen Family Romantic Comedy is the first book in the Brides of Paradise series and is an entertaining read. The characters are well developed, some likable, others not so much. The storyline about the reality show is fun and original. I am looking forward to more books in this series.

Melissa
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
Light and fun read set in a tropical resort with a tv show as a backdrop. I found the story to be witty and with great characters.

Maureen
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
It was a light read . All ends well
Cynthia
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brides

What started as a fluke ended wonderfully for the two main characters in the book. I'm not much of a fan of bachelor but this was good.
Stace
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first by Vicky Loebel, good story and listen. I would listen or read her again. I liked the voice... which is a huge thing for audiobooks!
Gail Gibbs
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, humor
I listened to the audio version, which made it more fun, and overall a satisfying comic romance. Lots of entertaining twists and turns, meanwhile gently poking fun at the whole Reality-TV-Romance industry.
Tarri
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyable story.
For the reader who enjoys The Bachelor and other reality television shows, this is the love story for you. Of course, the winner's prize in this story is you get to marry a billionaire or you get $25,000.
Chris was the poor relation in the extended Anderson family until his rich uncle's family dies in a helicopter crash and Chris inherits the family fortune. Although Chris buys the island resort his parents owned until his father
Jin
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2016
Thanks to Netgalley and pentachronistic Press for my ARC

Anna Williams was visiting her best friend in the hospital and her good friend enters Anna to Billionaire contestant. Anna thought she would enjoy tropical vacation with her father as her staff. She finally lands at tropical island and meets hunky Chris, maintenance manager.
Both were hiding something from each other but they were happy seeing each other. Anna was not interested in the reality show. She just wanted to show her father the
Bridgett
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vacation Bride was a cute little novella about a girl from Minnesota going to the U.S. Virgin Islands to compete on a web-based reality show called Vacation Bride. She didnt even want to win, just to take her dad on a vacation so he could get out of the cold weather while he was recovering from his heart surgery.

Anna is a swim teacher who is entered into a contest to become a contestant on Vacation Bride by her friend who is laid up with a broken leg. She decides to go to take her dad so he can
Diana Torres
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty decent book. It shows you the sacrifices that we sometimes have to make for those we love.

For people it might seem weird that two people felt attracted and in Love immediately, but hey don't you believe in Love at first sight?. I felt bad for Chris and Anna at some point. The way that they were being pressure was a bit suffocating, specially for Chris who basically got played by his cousin's wife Bobbie. Sheesh that woman is a pain in the rear end, I felt so mich hatred tours her, but at
Maggie Hesseling
Anna gets selected to compete for a show like 'The Bachelor' and goes not for the man, but rather so that she can get her father to a warmer climate. There she meets the manager/owner of the resort and thinks he's just the perfect 'average' guy. That is, until his cousin the actual 'bachelor' runs off with the producer and he has to stand in. He's a billionaire in his own right and he's decided he ants to marry her and not some incapable money grubber.

I felt that I missed a lot of the story
Peggy Jaeger

Anna Williams' friend enters her in reality internet tv show ala the Bachelor, where a hunky billionaire - yes, that's billionaire with a B- will choose his soulmate for life. The problem with that premise is the billionaire decamps, Anna doesn't really want to be on the show, and the replacement billionaire is a guy who lied to her about who he was.
Chris Anderson is a reluctant billionaire, a disgruntled "fake" bachelor, and feels torn between doing the right thing and doing what he wants. When
Beverly S
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoyed reading this book. It was funny at times and serious too. Almost like reading a script from reality tv.
Anna wins a spot on a reality tv. Her reasoning is to get her father to a warmer climate per doctors orders he needs exercise and wisconsin is not the place in winter. Host of reality show decides to elope and leaves resort owner holding the bag. I dont want to give too much away. You will have to read it and find out.....
Andrea
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, netgalley
Vacation Bride was incredible funny, it was fast paced and a light read. It was a little predictable but overall the story was simply beautiful. I will say some scene were a little bit too fast paced for my taste but it's not something entirely annoying and I know there's people out there that will not mind that at all.
Sooo, like I mentioned before it's a little and funny story that I recommend to anyone looking for those thing in a book.
Irene
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review

I'm not much for reality shows but this story would not have been complete without it. The story did not drag you down with repetitive emotional descriptions or lies not revealed until the end. This story was written so well and progressed so fluidly, it was like being gently rocked to sleep and waking to find that this was your dream come true. LOVED IT!
Kristine
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good

This was a wonderful read. I could hardly put it down. Chris and Anna were the perfect couple. So nice to read a clean novel that still has some substance to it. I'm looking forward to more books from this author and more books in this series.

• Throttle Me (Men of Inked, #1)
  • Insatiable in a Kilt (Hot Scots, #6)
  • Sweet on You
  • Tabloid Princess (Tabloid Princess #1)
  • The Billionaire’s Pregnant Assistant (McClellan Billionaires, #1)
  • Beautifully Baked
  • Guarding His Unexpected Twins (SEAL Endgame, #3)
  • Handling the Rancher (Graciella, #1)
  • His to Hold
  • Shopping for a CEO (Shopping for a Billionaire, #7)
  • The Honeymooner (Paradise Bay #1)
  • Cravings: Parts 1-3 Bundle with Bonus Short Story: Erotic Succubus and Werewolf Shifter Romance
  • Finally Home (Alpine Valleys Book 3)
  • Ariel, Always Enough (Iron Orchids #1)
  • Lanterns In The Sky
  • High Stakes
  • High Seas
  • High Society
Vicky Loebel began her professional life as a systems programmer for NASA and moved through successively more challenging careers before settling in as a writer of tightly-plotted, romantic fiction. She lives on the slopes of Mt. Lemmon, AZ with her sister, three dogs, a rotating assortment of children, and a husband who has the patience of a saint.

News & Interviews