Start by marking “Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat: A Graphic Novel” as Want to Read:
Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat: A Graphic Novel

Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat: A Graphic Novel

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  66,125 Ratings  ·  131 Reviews
Collected for the first time, here are the twelve extraordinary illustrated volumes that form the graphic novel of THE VAMPIRE LESTAT. Evocative full-color paintings and an artful abridgment of the original text capture the inimitable spirit and atmosphere of this passionate, complex, and thrilling tale.
The story begins in our own time with Lestat, tall, blond, and handsom
Published November 30th 1991 by Ballantine Books (first published 1989)

Argona
I read this graphic novel right after reading the novel. It is a very nice companion to the book, dialogues are exactly the same as novel. Special attention has been paid to details and the general depth and impact scenes and events are supposed to have which helps to better understand and imagine the story. But I was disappointed with artwork in many pages. Don't get me wrong, there are AMAZING pages in this graphic novel, anatomies are beautifully drawn and atmosphere is perfectly conveyed but ...more
Cynthia
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Graphic novel readers, vampires
A "must" for any Anne Rice collector. Even if it does sit on the shelf after one or two readings.
Luly Ceballos
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!! It keeps all Ann Rice's original dialogues and mix it with a magnificent art work. It was a real pleasure to revisit Vampire Chronicles in this way. I suggest reading the original book first and then recreates yourself in this wonderful work of art which I know was published decades ago but still keeps it strenght and beauty. Love it! Lestat always will be a favourite for any vampire world lover. As me. ;)
Debbie
Nov 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I've read most of Anne Rice's vampire series. They are rich in detail, thought provoking, mixing historical facts with fiction leaving the reader confused as to the difference. The characters have left a long lasting impression and fascination for me. I have an eclectic taste for these types of book and they may not translate to everyone.
Vicky
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite book by Anne Rice. I love Marious.
Jane
Dec 28, 2011 rated it liked it
I am a big fan of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles and have been for many a year now and I love comics so when I stumbled across the graphic novel of one of my favourite stories, "The Vampire Lestat", I bought it before I had even thought on it!

I really enjoyed this because it is a story I adore told in a concise way. I did feel that the scenes jumped around abit though and there seemed to me that there was a lot of gaps to fill for anyone that had not read the actual novel of this.

I was disappoin
Anna Nesterovich
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
When I learnt there was a graphic version of Vampire Lestat, I knew it wasn't a good idea to read it. It's almost never a good idea to read a graphic novel of a book you like. What is left to the imagination in a book, here is on plain sight. When words draw complicated pictures, here everything is already drawn. A book stripped of everything, but dialogs, accompanied by someone else's imagination, rarely can be as good as a whole one.
But I couldn't resist anyway.
I didn't like the style of the p
PurplyCookie
Was I ever ecstatic when I got my copy of this hard-to-find graphic novel on Ebay that I immediately bidded on it. Good thing the seller also has a copy of "Queen of the Damned" (but that's another review) so got my hands on that as well.

Only managed to get Issue #1 of this graphic novel but it does give you a glimpse of the adaptation done by Perozich--loved that the book was reproduced in another medium. Would've liked to have Lestat looking, well, more the aristocratic brat prince that he is
Yajhaira Tellado
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love the tale, it was a turn page I don't want to put down kind of book. I will scream "leave a lone" when I was in a really good part, is a most read for those who like vampire reading. Also, for me was a shame they couldn't stand up to the writing of Anne Rice when they did the movies. I'm not saying they where bad but if they would do a re do I am all for it... it's a challenge.:)
Michael
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
The artwork for the graphic representation of Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat vacillates from beautiful and haunting to confused and muddled. In that regards it is much like the story itself. Lestat is a rich character and the world Rice creates is lavish and enticing. I so want to be in it in a position of power so I don't get burned, etc. I enjoyed reading this version which contains the same dialogue as the novel. The ideas of traveling the world, exploring what makes Lestat who he is, the dis ...more
Chris
It is a very long time since I read Anne Rice's original literary work of this title, and I found this graphic media format to be a welcome rendition with its dedication to a faithful of the dialogue and context. The additional visual images were of great assistance to a reader like myself, facilitating a better picture of the novel. But I was disappointed by the artwork as a whole and found it lacking compared to other rich graphic novels the I have read.
Nakia
Rondell Garcia
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you read Interview, then you had absolutely no choice but to read this excellent follow up.
Ila
Brandon Gevedon
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
now it's getting fun and exciting. blazed through this one in about a week
Jordane
Chaz
Eurwyn Rees
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this but I prefer to use my imagination more than have someone draw it out for me, but I gave it a go and it was enjoyable but I am more the books without pictures type.
Kelly
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a lot of fun to read. However, warning...this is VERY abridged to the point where some events are not accurate.
Valentine
Lucinda
Carmen
Denise
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
just like the book it was great.
Daisy
Dayna
sabrina aird
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Not my favorite AR book.
  • Pandora / Vittorio the Vampire (New Tales of the Vampires)
  • The Vampire Companion
  • Sleeping Beauty Trilogy: Box Set (Sleeping Beauty, #1-3)
  • Conversations with Anne Rice: An Intimate, Enlightening Portrait of Her Life and Work
  • The Stand: Captain Trips
  • Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story
  • The Vampire Book: The Encyclopedia of the Undead
  • The Fifth Dominion (Imajica Part #1/2)
  • I, Vampire: The Confessions of a Vampire - His Life, His Loves, His Strangest Desires ...
  • Covenant with the Vampire (The Diaries of the Family Dracul, #1)
“—¿Acaso no sería mejor el mundo si nunca más se quemara a nadie en el nombre de Dios? —pregunté—. ¿Si no se continuara creyendo que Dios puede ordenar al hombre hacer tal cosa a su semejante? ¿Cuál es el peligro de un mundo racional donde horrores como éste no se produzcan?” 0 likes