Start by marking “Top 10 Berlin (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)” as Want to Read:
Top 10 Berlin (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)

Top 10 Berlin (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  142 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
A better value than all the competition, these pocket travel guides offer travelers the insight of local experts to easily plan the perfect trip. Take the work out of planning any trip with DK's Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides. Branded with DK's trusted and familiar "Eyewitness" style, these compact guides make finding the best every destination has to offer easier than ev ...more
Published June 21st 2002 by DK Eyewitness Travel (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Top 10 Berlin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top 10 Berlin

Andrew Smith
I've bought a few of these ‘top ten’ guide books over the years. This time I was off to Berlin with the dual aim of taking in the city with my wife and friends and also of completing the Berlin Marathon, part way through my five day stay. I wasn't looking for an in-depth insight into the history of the city or a comprehensive account of the contents of the numerous museums, it wasn't going to be that kind of trip. What I needed was a few tips on where to go and what to see, enough pictorial refe ...more
Ray
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
good pocket sized guide to Berlin
Carole
Apr 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently stayed in Berlin for 4 days and took this useful little book with me, popped it in my pocket and found it indispensible while travelling round. It contains the following:-

* Pull-out map and guide

* Guide to the Top 10 best of everything in Berlin

The first section of the book deals with the Top 10 locations in Berlin which were:-

1. Brandenburger Tor and Pariser Platz
6. Kurfurstendamm
7. Kaiser-Wilhelm Church
Julie Rylie
Nov 16, 2011 rated it liked it
As i'm moving to Berlin in less than one month, this might help :P

Ok, so it's too soon to know if this is actually a good travel guide or not, but I guess it really is, you get all the info on the places you should visit, and they tell you about nearly everything, from bars, to parks, and pubs, and monumments etc etc etc.

And they talk about bargains and free entrances, and that's what i'm all about. lol

Sarah Jackson
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The "Eyewitness Travel" series of guidebooks are among my favourite. The "Top 10" Berlin is a compact, easy to read and well illustrated guide. It features great walking tour suggestions and easy to follow maps. You really get a feel for the city and a good idea of what you want to see on your holiday. The guide also features a pull out laminated map which is stored in a plastic compartment at the back of the guide. Can't go wrong with one of these.
Marjolein
Jul 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, read-in-dutch
READ IN DUTCH

Deze gids nam ik mee op vakantie naar Berlijn, mijn favoriete stad in Europa. Ik was al eens naar Berlijn geweest met school, en dat was een fantastische reis.

Met deze boekjes, die lekker compact zijn, kun je je weg in Berlijn goed vinden. De heel obscure plekjes zul je er waarschijnlijk niet mee vinden, maar van te voren heb je met het lezen van dit boekje al voldoende voorpret!
Evelyn
I checked out a bunch of travel guides from my local library to see the overall differences between the major publishers (Rough Guide vs Lonely Planet etc), and I liked the format of this Dorling Kingsley one the most so took it with me to Berlin. The format is clear, the chapters are concise, and there are lots of photographs to help you along the way. Perfect travel guide for a few days in Berlin.
Nicki
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Originally bought the book but the text was so small I had to purchase the kindle edition. A simple guide with some good pointers.
XO
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Acceptable
Jim
Mar 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some useful tips but nowhere near as insightful as the Rick Steves' series of travel books. Still, there was enough information to inspire me to research things further.
S.S.
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting book, detailing all the must-see places in Berlin. Perfect for those who love Berlin (I do, even though I have never been ... yet.)
Ryan
Jul 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a particularly helpful guide when exploring Berlin. Be sure to schedule several weeks into your trip if you want to see everything!
Zina
Jun 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good and concise, although not my favourite way of organizing information. I'll get a Lonely Planet book for next time.
Ietrio
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: junk
Nice try. A top 10 list of many things. What makes the list? What classifies a place as a 5th or a 7th? Magic. At least tripadvisor is free with an adblocker.
Ietrio
Jan 12, 2016
Meirav Cohen
Nov 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides (1 - 10 of 184 books)
  • Top 10 Amsterdam
  • Top 10 Rome (DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)
  • Boston (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)
  • Top 10 Prague (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)
  • Top 10 Venice (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)
  • Top 10 Florence & Tuscany (DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide)
  • Top 10 Chicago (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide)
  • Top 10 Lisbon (Dk Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide)
  • Top 10 Toronto (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)
  • Top 10 Naples & Amalfi Coast (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)