Start by marking “Most Ardently” as Want to Read:

Most Ardently

Elisa Benitez is proud of who she is, from her bitingly sarcastic remarks, to her love of both pretty boys and pretty girls. If someone doesn’t like her, that’s their problem, and Elisa couldn’t care less. Particularly if that person is Darcy Fitzgerald, a snobby, socially awkward heiress with an attitude problem and more money than she knows what to do with.

From the mome
Published October 21st 2019 by Entangled: Embrace

To ask other readers questions about Most Ardently, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Most Ardently

Start your review of Most Ardently
anna (readingpeaches)
anna stop expecting more from gay retellings of p&p challenge
Farah ファラ
"Miss Elizabeth. I have struggled in vain and can't bear it no longer. These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings only to see you. I have fought against judgment, my family’s expectation, the inferiority of your birth, my rank. I will put them aside and ask you to end my agony. I love you. Most ardently."
- Darcy Fitzwilliam

Ms.Austen wrote Pride and Prejudice in 1797, I have read it too many times and when Keira Knightley + Rosamund Pike joined forces to bring the
Natasha
I received an arc from the publisher via netgalley in exchange for an honest review

I personally like starting reviews of retellings by going through the significant changes so I'll do that.

Elizabeth: name is Elisa. She's Mexican-American and bisexual.

Darcy: still named Darcy, cis women lesbian as well as biracial (Black and white)

Kitty: her name's Camilla and she's a trans girl

Collin: is Darcy's cousin

Colonel Fitzwilliam: cis girl named Willow
Isabel
Sep 20, 2019 marked it as anticipated-releases
EXCUSE ME, an F/F Pride and Prejudice retelling and Nobody told me? And it comes out Next Month?

I feel as if my prayers have been answered
Amy

FEMINIST?
ROM-COM?
E.
From authors twitter:

"Ya like Pride and Prejudice? Ya like gay rom-coms? Ya like feminism and family dynamics?"

👀👀👀👀

Yes. Yes, I like
Stacee
I will legit read anything that references P+P and I loved the synopsis and that it was a f/f story. Sadly, it was so very disappointing.

My main hang up is that I just didn’t care about any of these characters. Elisa doesn’t have the spark Elizabeth does and the rest of the sisters could have been interchangeable. I didn’t see any sort of chemistry between Elisa and Darcy and the tension I was expecting was also missing.

Plot wise, it followed the original plot points, but they were moderately
Naty
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Adorable, touching, incredibly sensitive and so sweet. I had a lot of fun with this book and I'm so glad to have picked it up! Really recommend if you're looking for a YA romcom, plus it's F/F! The hate/love tension between the two MCs was great, they're such IDIOTS, I love them.

I received a copy of this ebook via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. (See full review in http//natysbookshelf.wordpress.com )
Susan Mesler-Evans
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
So I can't recommend my own book, but I can review and rate it?

Yeah, that seems legit.

Anyway, I wrote a book. I think it's pretty good.
mahana
modern pride and prejudice (follows the plot exactly with just a few tweaks) but darcy is a lesbian woc and elizabeth is a bisexual woc 👻👻👻👻

rep: Latina bisexual mc, half-Black lesbian li, f/f romance, side trans character
Pam Holzner
Oct 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This retelling of Pride and Prejudice takes place in modern times. It was fun watching the choices Mesler-Evans made to move the story to now.

Some of the updates worked well (instead of an Army regiment we have college students). Instead of the wayward Bennett daughter being "ruined," Mesler-Evans made Wickham into a sexual predator. That worked.

In other places more updates were needed. She kept the plot point where "Darcy's Aunt asks Elizabeth to promise to not get involved with Darcy" and it
Alyssa
When I first heard about this book, I could not have jumped at the chance to review it any quicker. It was everything I could have wanted in a novel. Pride & Prejudice retelling? Check. Darcy is a woman aka an f/f romance? Check. Set in modern day? Check. What more could a girl ask for? Well, probably to actually have enjoyed the book.

The romance was not believable to me. I didn’t see the connection between Elisa and Darcy at all. It was obvious Darcy had a crush but actually lov
Jess
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
c,
On my blog.

Rep: Latina bi mc, Black lesbian li, trans and nonbinary minor characters

CWs: statutory rape and mentions of domestic abuse

Galley provided by publisher

I should preface this review by saying that I have very high standards for Austen retellings (probably overly so, if we’re honest). So I try going in with lowered expectations.

That said, I don’t think my expectations could have been lower here and I was still hugely disappointed.

Most Ardently is almost a direct retelling of/>Most/>Galley/>
Carly ❊ Reading Is My Kind of Thing
When I requested Most Ardently on Netgalley, I hadn’t seen or read any iteration of Pride and Prejudice. Like ever. But the cover was super cute and I couldn’t say no to what sounded like a great F/F enemies to lovers romance.

And then on the day I planned to read this, I made myself watch the Keira Knightley P&P movie in the morning. Which honestly, I’m glad I made myself do because there are so parallels. I mean… duh, it’s a retelling.

However I think this is going to
Last Book Marauder
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
So, for full disclosure, I have only read Pride and Prejudice once yearsssssss ago and I have never seen any of the movie adaptations. But I was unbelievable excited for this book.

Darcy Fitzgerald is such a hate to love character (much like her historical counterpart). She is cold, standoffish, meddling, and far too formal; but she is also sweet and sincere. Her fierce love and protectiveness of her sister was portrayed well and I am always a sucker for sibling bonds. Speaking of sibling bond -
Storme
Oct 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you NetGalley and Entangled.

Uh... so I liked the diversity. But I didn’t enjoy the book. It was rather poorly written. I hope they fix the verb tense issues. This is 400 pages of my life I won’t get back. This author just isn’t for me. I normally write longer reviews, but this book just isn’t it. I skimmed a lot towards the end... I thought I would love it as a Mexican bisexual, but I just think this wasn’t the retelling I wanted.
Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up because it’s gay
Becky
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 10/30/19.

Absolutely adorable P&P retelling with (several) modern twists!

Elisa Benitez and Darcy Fitzgerald's story hits all the main plot points of Pride and Prejudice , but does so with plenty of modern touches that help to make the story Ms Mesler-Evans' own. Elisa is bisexual and of Hispanic heritage; Darcy is biracial and a lesbian. Camilla (the second youngest of Elisa's sisters) is trans, and Elisa's parents are divorced (I was especially intereste
I received an ARC of this title from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single woman in possession of a good fortune must be... difficult."

This is the polite-company word Elisa Benitez uses to describe Darcy Fitzgerald, the super-rich ice queen she has the misfortune of sharing an English class with. Unfortunately, the semester-long torment becomes even worse as Elisa's older sister Julieta becomes involved with Darcy
I received an advance copy from the publisher via Netgalley for reviewing purposes. This in no way influences my review; all words, thoughts, and opinions are my own.

Content notes:
(view spoiler) ...more
dani
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
did i like it? yes. did i love it? no.
i've never read retellings this imitated before. i've read retellings with certain pieces of the original work but, most ardently felt like an exact copy of pride and prejudice. the only differences were that it's based on current days and that it's a love story between girls, everything else was the same; which made it weird. p&p it's on the 1800s and its characteristics are of that specific era of time whereas most ardently, we are in the 2010s!!! havi
Jypsy
Thank you Entangled and NetGalley for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

By: Susan Mesler-Evans

*REVIEW* 🌟🌟🌟
I love Jane Austen, so my expectations may have been too high for this book. Regardless, Most Ardently fell flat. The characters were not likeable or aptly developed. Something just felt odd about the entire cast. Dialogue lacked original thought and was boring. The story was a slow going trip to nowhere, and I didn't
Amanda Hanson
Oh my goodness. Okay, so, I’ve never read Pride and Prejudice (don’t shoot me), but this book was SO WONDERFUL that now I think I’m going to have to? I stayed up basically all night finishing it. I absolutely loved the characters and the plot and everything. Everything. I can’t wait to write a more complete review for this one. So freaking good. ❤ ...more
michelle (magical reads)

read on my blog

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single woman in possession of a good fortune must be . . . difficult.

I read Pride & Prejudice for school years ago, and I did enjoy it, so I decided to request this book! I always love the hate-to-love dynamic as well as the stand-off-ish vibe. Most Ardently is a great retelling of P&P in a mo/>
Smut Report
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc2019
Review also available at The Smut Report.

Heat Factor: Secondary characters have sex off stage
Character Chemistry: Meh
Plot: Pride and Prejudice, but lesbian
Overall: There are some definite high points, but the Elisa / Darcy relationship leaves something to be desired.

It’s a challenge evaluating Pride and Prejudice retellings on their own merits. I’m constantly comparing the retelling to the original. But I decided that I should lean into this dynamic - because most readers probably are as well. Books are neither created nor consumed in a vacuum.

Let’s start wlesbian
:Meh
:stage
CharacterReport.
Heat
Rachel Smith
Oct 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Let’s get one thing clear: this is not only an adaptation of Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice. This is also an adaptation of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries that is pretending to just be an adaptation of Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice. I know this because there are several points in the book in which the author pulls quotes, sometimes directly (sometimes changing a few words around) from the series. There are also intonations (shown by italics) that are the same as the actors’ and positioning ...more
Katelyn
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was one of the cutest young adult romances that I have ever read. It's slow burn, hate-to-love romance is just so cute. Watching the characters learn and grow as both individual people and together is a really wonderful thing. I gave this book four out five stars and would recommend it to all my romance lovers out there.
The writing in this book was honestly not the best. It didn't detract from the enjoyabilty of the story, but if you are a fan of great, swoonworthy writing t

• Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • The Lager Queen of Minnesota
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #1)
  • The Gifted School
  • Crashing the A-List
  • Nil (Nil, #1)
  • The Widow of Rose House
  • Red at the Bone
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Roommate Arrangement
  • The Bookworm Crush
  • More Than We Can Tell (Letters to the Lost, #2)
  • The Water Dancer
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • Christmas Shopaholic
I'm Susie. I write things sometimes.

Queer. Feminist. D&D. Broadway. Disney. Harry Potter. Jane Austen. Whatever.

#ImpeachTheMF