Start by marking “Kacey: The First Premise” as Want to Read:
Kacey: The First Premise

Kacey: The First Premise

(Transitivity #1)

Hunter Fitz keeps running from his past, but the dark claws of memory follow him everywhere he goes. Taking another new job in another new city, Hunter hopes that maybe, just once, he can finally settle down.

Then he meets Kacey Reynolds, a free-spirited student who is as beautiful as he is exasperating, to say nothing of the unbearable arousal Hunter feels whenever the boy
Published February 9th 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Kacey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kacey

Line
Mar 15, 2019 marked it as probably-not-but-freebie  ·  review of another edition
Freebie at the zon.com right now: https://www.amazon.com/Kacey-First-Pr...
Becca
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok. Damn. I'm still reeling. I'm at a loss, really, trying to wrap my mind around the Hunter I knew from the other story and this Hunter. Two totally different people. Which brings me to a point. This is not a happy, happy story. It is quite dark. There are possibilities of triggers. There's borderline rape, the illusion of rape and abuse in the past, not necessarily non-consensual sex, but not exactly whole consensual either. I kind of have a hard time with books that border that non-con line o ...more
Tolk
Mar 16, 2019 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
No, thank you. I'm not really keen on professors and students. But if it's a good story, it's fine. However, I absolutely draw the line at profs misusing their position. "But it advances the story", is not good enough reason in my eyes. No, thank you.
Bex
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-of-2019, arcs
Oh my gods! This book ticks off so, so many things on the dark taboo check list, it’s delicious. Kasey is so bright, bold and fun. He wants so many things he shouldn’t but doesn’t care, he’s stubborn enough to keep trying. Hunter is mysteriously intriguing and has an interesting evolution. He keeps everything in life under control, that’s his way of keeping his dark past from coming forward. But a bold move from Kasey completely shatters his control. Constantly trying to regain the upper hand he ...more
Faye Kennedy
Hmm okay I'm keep this short lol oops, I'm a huge fan of this authors books and have LOVED every one of them. This story started out great with Hunter and Kasey but as I got to know Hunter's character I struggled to finish the book. I didn't like him one bit and by the end seals it maybe this is just me with the thriller part of the book. Kasey's character is a beautiful one being Trans Male and he wanted to be loved, focusing his attentions on the older Hunter and Austin. This has the surprises ...more
Karen Edwards
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really wasn't sure what to expect going in when I decided to read this book, but wow! I was hooked from page one. Kacey was such and amazing character. Upbeat, fun, and I absolutely fell in love with him. Hunter, well, now, he's another story. I can't say I really like his character, but yet I do. I love complicated characters like him so I guess I'm going to go with a love/hate relationship with him. I totally loved the mystery behind his past and that's what kept me going. Honestly, about ha ...more
Bridget
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story!!

This book has it all. Kacey is an ftm transgender. His views on love are very taboo. Hunter is a very strict professor who has a dark past and has been celibate for 2 decades due to it. He meets Kacey who is a very charismatic femme male. Hunter is very attracted to Kacey and tries to hold his ground. That doesn't work for Kacey, he wants the professor. This book shows what happens when fate gets tempted and Hunter comes undone. The dark claws of his past come out and he enjoys it
R
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kacey is trans, FTM, he loves the life he’s created. One of his professors has caught his interest and he can’t get the thoughts of this man out of his head.

Hunter is in a new place with new hopes that life will finally get better. When he starts obsessing on a student, all the cravings in his life come back full force. Pushing him back into the dark places once again.

I’ve thought on this review for a while. Kacey was a very likable young man. I felt that him being transgender was well done. Hun
J.J. Anatoliy
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh. My. HOT.

I have been looking forward to this book for so long and let me tell you.... it lived up to every single expectation. It’s dark, campy at times, with such a strong male lead in Kacey that the story pulls you right in. And to say that more than one scene had me shivering is putting it mildly. This is a fabulous read, hats off to the author!
Nicole
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!!

This book is absolutely beyond what I have ever read before. The characters are deep, dark, and colorful. Lyons has completely created a whole new perspective and has open my eyes. Kasey is a character that makes a lasting impression for sure.

I found myself unable to put it down and wait with baited breath for the next book.
Kathryn Manzella
Kacey: The First Premise by GR Lyons is the first book in a series, Transitivity, and I need the other books NOW! Seriously, this book took me on a journey and I need to continue on and see where this all leads to.

The story is well written, with interesting characters and an intriguing storyline. The book is set in a fictional world that uses unique names for the days of the week and other things. So, no, that was not a typo, the year written in that sentence really is 3598. Do not fear though,
Emma Brown
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Kacey is so charismatic, confident and self aware that he completely came to life. Hunter is a fascinating character with so much mystery about him. The storyline was great, the intrigue, sexual chemistry, and plot just captivated me, and took me along for the ride. Loved it!
Elin
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book when I was searching for some Daddy kink, Daddy and twink never goes wrong.
Though the blurb never prepared me for how the book actually is, it gave me a much more sunshine outlook on what I could expect.

This is not sunshine by a long shot, it's dark and messy.

For Kacey, having his stepfather would be perfect and even more so, his professor along with it. And he goes to long lengths in his attempts to tempt either man to want him.
Hunter have been celibate for twenty years, to k
Terri
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a dark story, which I consider a psychological thriller rather than a romance. Hunter had a tragic youth, which turned him into a seriously messed up adult. Kacey was a sweet and optimistic young man, who had a fixation with his stepfather. When these two met, nothing would ever be the same again for either of them.
I had a really hard time with some aspects of this story. I enjoy taboo stories, but this didn't have the aspects I usually like in those. The darkness in Hunter made me sad
Grammy 1
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Book: Kacey
Series:The First Premise (Transitivity Book 1)
Author: G R Lyons
Publisher: Amazon Digital
Release: February 9th, 2019
Pages:272
Genre:Transexual Romance
Rated: Mature

GR Lyons newest series is taboo themed, yet intriguing, Kacey we learn is a college student, a virgin, a female to male trans, with a daddy issue. Soooo if this is your hard line this might not be your choice to read.

In saying this, although a bit uncomfortable, I continued the book and was enchanted by Kacey. His bri
Ajumi
Apr 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
I rarely if ever give one star reviews and I do not have a problem with either incest, dub-con or non-con. I normally even enjoy it in books. However, this one really rubbed me the wrong way because it stopped making sense at about 40%. Kacey was great through and through, but Hunter? I got a whiplash from his character turning his life around by 180 degrees and going down the drain real fast. I absolutely struggled to even finish the book and was ultimately just annoyed, disappointed and even k ...more
Esther
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had a difficult time rating this book properly, but in the end I decided it’s a well written story so it deserves a good rating.
The problems I had, were my issues and are not a reflection on the writer.
First of all I loooooved Kacey. He is so sweet and lovely and he deserves the world!
But..... I really really did not like Hunter! What he did to those students was not okay. I hated him so much that I almost stopped reading. But of course I didn’t because I wanted to know what would happen.
The b
Pat
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This is the first book I have read of G.R. Lyons.
Kasey is a trans guy who is beautiful inside and out .
I found I was drawn into this book more and more I couldn't leave it ..
Some parts I wondered if I would continue but I did!
I could understand the need that rises from Kasey and Hunter .
A pure sexual need to have .

Hunter has a very dark past .
Did I like Hunter - not at all but I think in the next book I will understand his past more.
All in all Hunter is deviant and that word sums him up.
An
ML
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So unique and sexy

This is book 1 but I already know I’m hooked!
The universe the author builds is so creative and unique.
Kacey and Hunter are truly interesting characters and very unpredictable. It keeps the story flowing at a fast pace which I loved. When you get to the end, you will definitely be wanting more.more.more!
Nans Savir
Mar 25, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF ... Dark and not for all... Sorry I will never agree with what Hunter did ... Dropped at chapter 12... Really want to read it... I like daddy kinks but no, this book not work for me...
Terry
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kacey is the first book I've read by G.R. Lyons. Might I say that it was truly an amazing read. I loved Kacey and Hunter was amazingly sweet. The interaction between them was wonderful. I will definitely be re-reading this book, recommending to others, and will be reading more by this author. I can't wait until the next book in the series.
Brian
Cathy
Mar 18, 2019
Aleks
Feb 23, 2019
While daylighting as office manager for the family auto repair business, G.R. Lyons can often be found working on one of multiple manuscripts or desperately trying to keep up with the TBR pile.

Anarcho-capitalist, quietly 'out' trans guy, former belly dancer, coffee guzzler, highly-sensitive introvert, CrossFit enthusiast, and lover of m/m romantic fiction.

Transitivity (3 books)
  • Austin: The Second Premise
  • Hunter: The Conclusion (Transitivity #3)