Start by marking “Tamed By The Highlander (Kilts & Kisses, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tamed By The Highlander (Kilts & Kisses, #1)

Tamed By The Highlander

(Kilts & Kisses #1)

The first rule when you’re arranged to marry a gorgeous, dominant Highland lord?
Don’t, under any circumstances, no matter how sinfully tempting he is, fall in love.
...Oops.

If I had it my way, I’d never get married. But then, it’s not up to me at all.
Because the gruff, muscled, gorgeous and powerful Highlander Lord Hamish Ballentyne has decided to claim me as his bride.

I

Start your review of Tamed By The Highlander (Kilts & Kisses, #1)
Saint Monique
3 'Little Queen' stars

This book delivers exactly what it promises. Cliché story, alpha hero, lots of sex, and historical inaccuracy. So because of that warning, my inner history geek can't rant about all the outrageous mistakes. However, I'm just gonna add that I'm actually impressed by this author. I believe it's not easy to squeeze 400 years into one book LOL

Overall, this is a light, funny, sexy story, perfect for the time when you want to send your brain on a stroll down the beach.
Angie
"You...you're a bastard," she hisses.
I lean in close, one hand sliding around her waist and pulling her tight to me as my lips find her ear, her moans teasing through mine.
"Bastard?" I make a tsking sound. "No, little queen. It's pronounced husband."
--Una & Hamish

This was a steamy and surprisingly engaging story. The hero is an alpha Scottish warrior who just returned from war and is looking for a wife to warm his bed and engage his mind. Una is a quiet yet fiery heroine who loves books and is
Chitra *CJ*
"Tamed By The Highlander" is the story of Una and Hamish.

This short erotica has two things I love- historical romance and smut by Madison Faye!

Is it historically accurate? No. Is the book fabulously sexy? Hell yeah!

A tale of arranged marriage between the 19 year old princess Una and the 29 year old Highland warrior Hamish, this one has a pre marital masturbation fest, loads of post marital copulation, dirty talk, kilt peen action, super kinky sex, some drama and HEA! I loved that the h was a bib
Dee
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What’s Under that Kilt?...

Holy hot tartan plaid… Madison Faye has taken to the highlands with plenty of bodice ripping action in “Tamed by the Highlander”! Professionally written and (as always) extremely fast paced this smutty little insta-love/lust tale will leave you breathless and asking one simple question… What is under that kilt!? 😉

With an impending arranged marriage, the virginal heroine and her entourage of close friends, travel to the unknown bridegrooms highland fortress where sparks
Sandy Nikolas
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scottish!

I loved this! Great bit of history with the usual sexy times! Can’t wait for the next one! Una and Hamish have fire and romance between them.
Jos
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 solid stars

Short n very sexy as always but and I can’t believe I am saying this lol but for me too much sex. Cute couple so wished I could have gotten more relationship time:)
Kelly
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tamed by the Highlander is the first book in the Kilts & Kisses series.

This is an OTT, insta-love story with an alpha Highlander and a feisty heroine.

4 big stars!

Would I read again? Yes

Nova
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well let me start with this is a kindle melting smut fest of the best order and I am already loving this new series.

Una is travelling to Dungow with her friends each of them promised in marriage to Lords. Una will be the first of them to get married. She isn’t sure what to expect of Hamish Ballantyne, she has heard from her mother that he is very handsome and although she is nervous she is feeling excitement at her impending marriage to such a formidable man. But he is about to learn his wife t
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Madison Faye has a brand new series out y'all called Kilts and Kisses, and if you were unsure about your love for Highlanders like me then this little novella will clear that right up for you and have you swooning on your feet.

Sexy. Sweet. Swoony. Fun. Hot. Intriguing. Over the top and insta-love in the best kinds of ways. Tamed by the Highlander was so so good, classic Madison Faye with a twist and spin on the arranged marriage trope to keep you on your toes.

You can't go wrong with one
Caroline
3,5

It is rare I read historical romance or any type of book like this but it got recommended to me on Instagram so I wanted to try it.

It was really good and I loved it at the beginning where you read about how the Heroine is being forced into an arranged marriage ( as you did back then) to a Highlander Lord and how she was to smart or not wifey enough as how many other women were back then. She was a huge bookworm that could many langued and back then that wasn't a positive thing.

The lord was
Lauren
May 19, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short sexy read with a growling alpha Highlander and a serious need of an editor. Take it for what it is, don't think to much and just enjoy the smut.
April Symes
Tamed by the Highlander by Madison Faye is book 1 in the Kilts & Kisses Series. This is Una and Hamish's story. This is a historical romance insta-love romance read that is steamy, intense and full of fun to read. The plot is full of depth and the characters have that chemistry and connection needed to keep the readers engaged from start to finish. Love the sassy, innocent and feisty heroine who matches wits against her stranger "bridegroom " hero who is very OTT alpha. Their novella kept me eng ...more
Darlene I read WAY to many books
Elysian Fields
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Highlander alpha and a feisty lady, this book is everything a reader wants in an insta love, over the top, highlander story. The characters were a joy to read, the plot was pure fun and the couples scenes were H.O.T. The push and pull was to “die” for, while to dialogue drew me in.

If your looking for a historical romance with depth and an involved story line, this might no be for you; but if your looking for passion, heat, and being swept off your feet then it IS your book. This author knows p
One chapter more
I love me some highland stories. So what that it was not historically correct, so what it was so similar to the fairy tales re-tellings series, so what... it was still a joyful and entertaining read. Hot. Sweaty. Sexy.

Maybe I shouldn't have read it during my lunchtime at work though... but still another good one Madison!
Smiley
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Very short quick read
•♥•♥•Toni the Book Addict•♥•♥•™
Wow... I can not for the life of me understand how this book got such a high rating. It desperately needs a good edit. There are typos everywhere, run on and repetitive sentences throughout the book and wording that makes me wonder if the author understands what she is writing.

I understand that this is just an erotic read, but there needs to be something that is going to keep me interested in the book and not just skip to the sex scenes. There is absolutely no historical accuracy and no depth t
LORRIE
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was amazingly hot and sexy and romantic
Kayread
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series was fast instant love which is fine for me at times. I found each book to be similar with just different characters. I was looking for short reads in between my longer books so these fit the bill.
Celestial
Chloe Adams
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
He growled.. he growled.. he growled and then he did a bit more growling....🙈
PLP
May 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Great plat which went nowhere

I was so disappointed in this book. It had so much potential with a very alpha, battle scarred hero and a very fiery heroine.

The author laid the groundwork for a very good book and then it was all about sex. I certainly don't mind sex in my books but that is practically all there is to this one.

The heroine melted in the hero's arms for no other reason than he got naked and all caveman on her.

There was some excitement with a Viking invasion but the author took care of
Jessica
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tamed by the Highlander is the first book in the Kilts and Kisses series. Una is on her way to an arranged marriage and while she lives in her books, she knows this marriage won’t have the love she yearns for. Hamish has other plans, though, and intends to love his wife with passion and all his soul, and demands nothing less from Una. But will another suitor and a dangerous foe drive wedges into their new bliss?

I’m not going to fib, when I heard that Ms. Faye was doing a historical romance, I wa
Zainab M.
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC Review of Tamed By The Highlander by @madisonfayeromance. It is the first book is Kilts Kisses Series featuring Una and Hamish's strange historical love story.

5 Explosive Taming Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Madison has a filthy and the dirtiest vocabulary known anywhere. The dialogues in this book are so swooning, I was sold right from the Prologue. A hot and sexy, fast paced romantic novel with a growly alpha hero and a sassy heroine, this book starts and concludes wonderfully. It won't bore you even a bit.
Rebecca Austin
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-companies
Una MacKay has no desire to ever get married but she finds herself in an arranged marriage with a man 10 years older than her and one she has never met.

Lord Hamish Ballentyne has wanted Una from the moment he first saw her but now he must prove that he is the right fit for her and will be accepting of all her "differences".

Can Hamish prove to Una that he is the right man to make her happy in a marriage she doesn't want and can he keep her safe from his enemies?

This is a great quick read filled
Rose
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We have been warned: Wildly Historically Inaccurate.

This is a Scottish book without the hard to understand dialogue. (A bit sad that we don’t have at least Lass in here.) Without all the back history that can take forever to understand. Without all the hard names to remember. It is just pure highlander lust.

Our Lord has returned a year prior from the Crusades in the Holy Land. He is the ripe ol’ age of 29. He wants a woman “I didn’t merely want a woman, however beautiful or alluring, just for w
Amy
Apr 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This was quick, down and dirty.

Una is traveling to her betrothed with her 3 friends. She's never met him, but everyone says how handsome he is. When she arrives he greets her in the bathhouse - he wants a quick peek at what she has to offer. Una isn't buying it until she sees all of him, then she is butter in his hands. After the wedding, Una and Hamish seal the deal. Una is glad she married him, glad he picked her.

His sweet bride. Hamish can't wait to get his hands on her. He ambushes her in t
Jenny Harris
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book with the understanding that I could leave a voluntary and honest review.

In this book we meet Una MacKay and Lord Hamish Ballentyne. Una has been promised to a man she has never met. She doesn't know what to expect and fears what will happen to her once her wedding is done. See Una isn't the stay quite and at home kind of woman she is the one who will go after what she wants. Hamish knows with one look that Una is meant to be his. When he sees her on their wedding day he kno
Beyond The Covers Blog
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
Madison Faye is the Queen of the naughty novellas.  With Tamed by the Highlander being the first of the standalone reads in the Kilts & Kisses series, it is insanely scandalous!  Scotland has never been hotter than when Lord Hamish Ballentyne finds the woman of his dreams at the spring festival and partitions her parents for her hand in marriage.  Now Una is marrying a man that she’s never met, that lives in a castle on the cliffs over looking the sea.  With the continual threat of Viking attack ...more
Margaret Garrett
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my! I was barely knee-deep into "Tamed By The Highlander," by Madison Faye, when I realized that I'd found my new favorite series! It's book one of the Kilts & Kisses series by Faye, and it fairly brims with excitement, romance, and steamy, sexiness. As Una contemplates her situation, on the eve of her arranged marriage, she learns exactly what she can expect from the sexy, highlander King, from the groom-to-be, himself. Holy-moly, is it one hellava-sexy game, of I'll-show-you-mine-if-you-sh ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Hitman's Angel
  • Kissing Her
  • Too Many
  • Heiress
  • Pretty Virgin (Rags to Riches, #1)
  • Mated to the Reaper
  • Kept
  • Bare for the Alpha (Ridge Brothers Bear Shifters, #1)
  • Captured
  • Bring Him Home
  • Pretty Prize
  • Restored
  • Finding Home
#1 bestselling contemporary romance author Madison Faye is the dirty alter ego of the very wholesome, very normal suburban housewife behind the stories. While she might be a wife, mom, and PTA organizer on the outside, there’s nothing but hot, steamy, and raunchy fantasies brewing right beneath the surface!

Tired of keeping them hidden inside or only having them come out in the bedroom, they’re all

Kilts & Kisses (5 books)
  • Stolen By The Scottish Rogue
  • Wed To The Warrior
  • Viking's Claim (Kilts & Kisses, #4)
  • The Highlander's Forbidden Bride