Start by marking “The Perfect First” as Want to Read:

(Fulton U #1)

“How long do you last in bed?” Those were her first words to me, swiftly followed up with, “And how big would you say you are?”

Persephone Alexander. Math genius. Lover of blazers. The only girl I know who can make Heidi braids look sexy as hell. And she’s on a mission. Lose her virginity by the end of the semester.

I walked in on her interview session for potential candida
Expected publication: April 25th 2019

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Apr 25, 2019
    Enter for a chance to win one of 3 autographed copies of THE PERFECT FIRST, a steamy, friends-to-lovers romance!

“How long do you last in bed?” Those w

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 3 copies available, 2250 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Apr 08 - Apr 23, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect First, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect First

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
    The Perfect First is book one in the brand new Fulton U series by Maya Hughes. You know those books where by the end of the first chapter, you’re already in love with the characters? Well, that happened in this one. I couldn’t love these two more.

“This was going to be the year of perfect firsts.”

Persephone (Seph) Alexander is an eighteen year old mathematical prodigy. She is attending Fulton University for two years before entering a PHD program. She’ll be there an even shorter amount of time
    Cristina | CristiinaReads
    Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: arc-books
    A novel full of firsts, yet finding a funny aspect to it all Seph and Reece know how to connect in the both the intimate and physical level...

For once I am keeping this review short and sweet, the reason being is because this is a first novel that I have read by Maya's that has a lot of ups and downs from my point of view. At first Reece is not my favorite that's for sure, and the reason being is because he is actually kind of a jerk and very cocky in the beginning. Not something I am really i
    Ilsa Madden-Mills
    I can't wait for this book!!!!!!!!
    Maya Hughes
    Mar 14, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
    The Perfect First Chapter Reveal Banner

The Chapter Reveal for The Perfect First is HERE!

Some college girls are swimming in dick pics, but Seph has never been kissed. Enter me, one sexy-as-sin football all-star, to change that for good…

THE PERFECT FIRST will be here on April 25th!

“Let’s get started.” Just rip the Band-Aid off. Clearing my throat, I tapped the cards on the table. A few heads turned in our direction at the sharp, rapping sound. “When were you last tested for STDs?”

Are you ready for a spit take? Cover all electronics! Ke
    Amy
    Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Review to come!
    Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
    Rate: 5 / 5 stars

Maya Hughes everyone. Writing another hit sports romance series. The Kings were amazing but so are the Wolfs. Man oh man, I am going to enjoy this series so much.

Persephone is such a particular character. Math nerd, very sheltered, unexperienced and lonely. She's an angel with clipped wings at her father's hands. It was so sad to read about her wanting things for herself and being forced to do what her father wanted for her. But Seph wants to make the most of her last months
    Meredith
    Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Maya Hughes really knows how to deliver a fun and sexy sports romance with such lovable characters! I have been a huge fan since reading her Kings of Rittenhouse series, but this one right here really captured my heart. The Perfect First is an amazing angst-filled, friends to lovers romance that leaves you with all of the feels. Maya really knocked it out of the park with this one.

Seph is a smart and sheltered college girl with very little real life experience. Everything has always been about p
    Vanessa (nessreads)
    Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
    *I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4.5 Stars!

The Perfect First had me laughing, giddy and had me on full-on smile mode. This book was exactly what I needed. There were times when I couldn’t catch my breath because I was laughing so hard, I mean tears in my eyes snort laughing. It wasn’t pretty, but so what, who cares? And I for one was elated that there wasn’t over-the-top drama. Can I get an amen? Sometimes it’s just good to sit back without getting antsy and wondering at what
    Thuy Taylor
    Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    'The fall was long and hard, so hard I'd have bruises on my knees for months........'

Persephone "Seph" is a college girl genius about to graduate before she turns 19. Her childhood consisted of high expectations academically, advancing intellectually, but in turn, not having the fun typical childhood she ached for. So, with her future mapped out, in a few months, she's set to graduate college, she wants to experience all her firsts.....things we may take for granted, but she never was able to ex
    Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
    Apr 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: arc

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram
    Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
    More than a college romance, this book shows the growth into the maturity of two characters that complete each other.

Seph - she is a genius about to start her Ph.D. at age almost nineteen. She has achieved this level of dedication through her father's control of her life. Having been homeschooled, she has never had a friend, enjoyed play dates, or lived any kind of normal social interaction with others her age. Now that she is away at college trying to finish her Masters, she is bound and determ
    Ga Books LoverX
    Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Oh my gosh, *SWOON*, if I can describe this book in just one word, it would definitely be that one! I have been a huge fan of Maya Hughes since her Kings of Rittenhouse series came out and when I saw the blurb for this book, I might have freaked out because it sounded amazing. Well let me tell y'all something, this blurb sounds super good, but the actually book is freaking EVERYTHING!

Reece is a senior college football player that is getting ready to have everything he ever dreamed about- being d
    Sharon Jones
    Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Maya Hughes leapt onto my radar after I devoured the Kings Of Rittenhouse books. Those stories were so very good, I couldn't get my hands on The Perfect First fast enough.
    Reece and Seph are such a great couple. I enjoyed how they first met, even if I found it a bit cringe worthy when she asked him a certain personal question!!! Then I burst out laughing and continued on reading.
    What I enjoyed most was how much Seph grew as a person. To some extent Reece was responsible for this, but I thought th
    LianaReads blog
    I loved so much this book.
    That first glance, first touch, first butterfly and emotion in your belly, that first thought that you can't stop thinking of someone, the instant chemistry and lust and love. This book surely has all of them.
    Having a very strict father, haven't let Seph live her life as a normal teen but now she is in her junior year and wants to live a bit and also has a list of first things to do and try.
    Then comes Recee, a sexy student that by mistake they get to know each other thr
    Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
    Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: newadult
    The Perfect First was the perfect book! I love how Maya Hughes writes a flawed, new adult, hero and turns him into a redeemable, loveable man. Reece Michaels turned into such a gentleman and was so easy to fall for it was hard to remember he needed a social coach in the beginning of the book.

Also, experiencing all the firsts with Seph, was like watching a child open presents at Christmas. The magic was infectious. Reading The Perfect First was infectious, unputdownable, complete romantic fun.

R
    Jessica Lynn Roessler
    Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    The Perfect First truly turned out to be one of the most heartwarming stories that I have read in a long time. I have been reading non stop dark romance for a while now, so I really enjoyed this book A LOT. This story is about Seph(Persephonie) and Reece, and their friendship turned relationship is something that we all wish we could have with someone in the real world.
    I happened to really loved the personalities of the heroine and hero in this book. They each excelled at certain things in life
    Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
    Maya Hughes is one author I can depend on, to bring me the swooniest heroes, that just make me melt into a puddle of goo. With each book she is releases, it's like a sense of completion, and my heart just sings. The Perfect First was a fantastic read, with a dose of realism, that turned this story into a whole. Seph and Reece were relateable characters with souls that were in sync. This book isn't based off of physical attributes, but what the eyes can not see. It showed massive amounts of respe ...more
    Clare Harrison
    Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shes been kept behind locked doors all her life with her education, away from the general population and now that shes gained a little freedom and is able to mingle shes alone and unsure, struggling to make friends.

Hes confident and sexy, a one night man no strings no commitments. A glory stealer on the pitch with the Trojans trying to secure a future.

A mix up has them sat together at the same table him answering her invasive sexual questions.

Can they forget each other and move on to where they
    Sharon
    Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Sweet 5 star story that you will fall in love with!
    Follow awkward Persephone, or as she likes to be called Seph, as she navigates college life. She's been home schooled her entire life, never had play dates, no friends because her father ruled with an iron fist. Now she's at college, rooming with the roommate from hell. She wants to experience life, everything it has to offer, she puts an ad in the school forum for someone to take her virginity and it all goes haywire from there.
    Reece is meeting
    Christine
    Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    If there was any case of the right place, wrong person...….Reece sitting down at Seph's table in that coffee shop sure was it. Turned out to be the best mistake of his life.

Watching the unlikely friendship and relationship develop between football star Reece and quirky & nerdy Persephone (also known as Seph) was so much fun. They couldn't have been more opposite, but Reece saw something in her that drew him to her. And it wasn't your typical nerd / jock story - it really was so much more th
    Bibliophile  Chloe
    Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I'm going to be honest, the young adult trope usually isn't my go to for reading.  Most often than not I just get discouraged by the immaturity.

But let me tell you, I was happily surprised by this story from Ms. Hughes.

The story was about college aged characters but there was a depth to them that you don't normally see, and I greatly appreciated.

I enjoyed Seph's maturity and her wide eyed innocence. I could empathize with her social awkwardness and wanting to be a part of something.  Her earlie
    Keri Loves Books
    Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Her Bucket List
    This slow burn friends-to-lovers romance was PERFECTION! I absolutely loved this story. The love that developed between Reece and Seph was filled with banter, fun and sexual tension that was incredibly HOT!

She was the nerdy girl. He was the jock. Their first meet up was hilarious and unforgettable. The friendship that developed was everything. He was protective, she was sheltered. He was a ladies man, she was completely clueless. They fit together like missing puzzle piece. All sh
    Jen Zingaro
    Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: college, sports, loved-it
    This story was a complete touchdown!
    These characters are so darn lovable. Seph just completely broke my heart and had me cracking up. She is such an odd girl that I immediately loved her. She's never had any friends and she's awkward and blunt and learns everything by reading about it. I couldn't have loved her any more. I just wanted to befriend her and show her there are good, genuine people out there.
    Reece is such a good guy. The fact that he meets a complete stranger and wants to save her
    booksiflove
    Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This was my first book by this author, and definitely not the last. She totally got me hooked from the first to the last page!

Persephone (Seph as her friends call her) is a math genius, socially awkward person. She didn’t interact much with people, as her father raised her with an iron fist, und dictated how she has to live her life.

Reece, football player, star of the school and the girls, kind of stumbled upon Seph by accident.

This is an absolutely great story. I loved the writing, the flow of
    Payton Box
    Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I dont even know where to start with this review! Seph and Reese. I relate so much to Seph it's almost creepy, but I loved watching her break out of her shell while she was in college. Her determination was definitely something. I loved how Reese never judged her but always went through with her plans, and how easily his friends accepted her for who she is. Their relationship helped them see things in a new light and find out what they want for themselves, not what other want of them. I was sad ...more
    Karen
    Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I can honestly say this story was wholly satisfying and I was sorry it ended. Seph is adorably awkward when it comes to social situations, to the extent she posts an ad on campus for someone to deflower her. Reece is the BMOC who mistaken s her for someone else. Sparks and humor, combined with sad insights into Seph's childhood, create a story hard to put down!
    wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
    What read about first of many. Seph is tired if doing what everyone wants her to do, so she make a list , but one thing she never had on her list happens, Reece, hes the known player on and off the field and never does relationships, but one mix up changes everything. Loved it.
    Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: proofread
    Just like in any other Maya Hughes book, these characters will steal your heart and you will get swept away in their story! Reece, the cocky college football star, and Seph, the naive and inexperienced math genius, meet by accident; and when they do - you feel their chemistry immediately. You cringe with every awkward question by Seph, and swoon every time Reece attempts to make her comfortable by humoring her with his wit and charm. They stole my heart from the beginning.

I absolutely loved Per
    Shannon
    Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Hooked from the first page, loved it!!!
    I'm a contemporary and new adult romance author.

When I'm not hiding from my kids in the bathroom (doesn't work), I'm working full time, cooking dinners with my husband and building blanket forts.

Want to start reading my steamy, office romance right now?! Join my newsletter to the exclusive news, access to my newsletter exclusive, steamy, office romance novella, The Perfect View!
    JOIN MY NEWSLET