Start by marking “The Perfect First” as Want to Read:
The Perfect First

The Perfect First

(Fulton U #1)

“How long do you last in bed?” Those were her first words to me, swiftly followed up with, “And how big would you say you are?”

Persephone Alexander. Math genius. Lover of blazers. The only girl I know who can make Heidi braids look sexy as hell. And she’s on a mission. Lose her virginity by the end of the semester.

I walked in on her interview session for potential candida
Expected publication: April 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect First, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect First

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
The Perfect First is book one in the brand new Fulton U series by Maya Hughes. You know those books where by the end of the first chapter, you’re already in love with the characters? Well, that happened in this one. I couldn’t love these two more.

“This was going to be the year of perfect firsts.”

Persephone (Seph) Alexander is an eighteen year old mathematical prodigy. She is attending Fulton University for two years before entering a PHD program. She’ll be there an even shorter amount of time
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
A novel full of firsts, yet finding a funny aspect to it all Seph and Reece know how to connect in the both the intimate and physical level...

For once I am keeping this review short and sweet, the reason being is because this is a first novel that I have read by Maya's that has a lot of ups and downs from my point of view. At first Reece is not my favorite that's for sure, and the reason being is because he is actually kind of a jerk and very cocky in the beginning. Not something I am really i
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
I’d give her the other firsts, as many as I could, because if I gave her too much, I wouldn’t be able to stop myself from never wanting to stop.

Calling all New Adult Romance fans, because The Perfect First is an absolute must read. It was a swoony, quirky, steamy, funny and utterly endearing page-turner. I devoured this. I binge read it. I couldn't put it down for even a minute.

I've read my fair share of New Adult romance and some of these stories are a dime a dozen. But this was no
Sabrina
PRE-ORDER
Amazon US * Amazon UK

The Perfect First quickly became my perfect first read from Maya Hughes. It also has me kicking myself for not reading her before now because I really liked her writing. Seph and Reece were the quintessential college romance couple. Him, a football legend that's living his life to the fullest, and her a sheltered good girl looking to let lose. It's a popular trope for a reason, but if you want to know more of why it's so popular, just read this book.

I'm not going
Ilsa Madden-Mills
I can't wait for this book!!!!!!!!
Maya Hughes
Mar 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
The Perfect First Chapter Reveal Banner

The Chapter Reveal for The Perfect First is HERE!

Some college girls are swimming in dick pics, but Seph has never been kissed. Enter me, one sexy-as-sin football all-star, to change that for good…

THE PERFECT FIRST will be here on April 25th!

“Let’s get started.” Just rip the Band-Aid off. Clearing my throat, I tapped the cards on the table. A few heads turned in our direction at the sharp, rapping sound. “When were you last tested for STDs?”

Are you ready for a spit take? Cover all electronics! Ke
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

Maya Hughes everyone. Writing another hit sports romance series. The Kings were amazing but so are the Wolfs. Man oh man, I am going to enjoy this series so much.

Persephone is such a particular character. Math nerd, very sheltered, unexperienced and lonely. She's an angel with clipped wings at her father's hands. It was so sad to read about her wanting things for herself and being forced to do what her father wanted for her. But Seph wants to make the most of her last months
Amy
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come!
Meredith
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maya Hughes really knows how to deliver a fun and sexy sports romance with such lovable characters! I have been a huge fan since reading her Kings of Rittenhouse series, but this one right here really captured my heart. The Perfect First is an amazing angst-filled, friends to lovers romance that leaves you with all of the feels. Maya really knocked it out of the park with this one.

Seph is a smart and sheltered college girl with very little real life experience. Everything has always been about p
Vanessa (nessreads)
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4.5 Stars!

The Perfect First had me laughing, giddy and had me on full-on smile mode. This book was exactly what I needed. There were times when I couldn’t catch my breath because I was laughing so hard, I mean tears in my eyes snort laughing. It wasn’t pretty, but so what, who cares? And I for one was elated that there wasn’t over-the-top drama. Can I get an amen? Sometimes it’s just good to sit back without getting antsy and wondering at what
Thuy Taylor
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'The fall was long and hard, so hard I'd have bruises on my knees for months........'

Persephone "Seph" is a college girl genius about to graduate before she turns 19. Her childhood consisted of high expectations academically, advancing intellectually, but in turn, not having the fun typical childhood she ached for. So, with her future mapped out, in a few months, she's set to graduate college, she wants to experience all her firsts.....things we may take for granted, but she never was able to ex
Jen Zingaro
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: college, sports, loved-it
This story was a complete touchdown!
These characters are so darn lovable. Seph just completely broke my heart and had me cracking up. She is such an odd girl that I immediately loved her. She's never had any friends and she's awkward and blunt and learns everything by reading about it. I couldn't have loved her any more. I just wanted to befriend her and show her there are good, genuine people out there.
Reece is such a good guy. The fact that he meets a complete stranger and wants to save her
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
More than a college romance, this book shows the growth into the maturity of two characters that complete each other.

Seph - she is a genius about to start her Ph.D. at age almost nineteen. She has achieved this level of dedication through her father's control of her life. Having been homeschooled, she has never had a friend, enjoyed play dates, or lived any kind of normal social interaction with others her age. Now that she is away at college trying to finish her Masters, she is bound and determ
Ga Books LoverX
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, *SWOON*, if I can describe this book in just one word, it would definitely be that one! I have been a huge fan of Maya Hughes since her Kings of Rittenhouse series came out and when I saw the blurb for this book, I might have freaked out because it sounded amazing. Well let me tell y'all something, this blurb sounds super good, but the actually book is freaking EVERYTHING!

Reece is a senior college football player that is getting ready to have everything he ever dreamed about- being d
LianaReads blog
I loved so much this book.
That first glance, first touch, first butterfly and emotion in your belly, that first thought that you can't stop thinking of someone, the instant chemistry and lust and love. This book surely has all of them.
Having a very strict father, haven't let Seph live her life as a normal teen but now she is in her junior year and wants to live a bit and also has a list of first things to do and try.
Then comes Recee, a sexy student that by mistake they get to know each other thr
Sharon Jones
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maya Hughes leapt onto my radar after I devoured the Kings Of Rittenhouse books. Those stories were so very good, I couldn't get my hands on The Perfect First fast enough.
Reece and Seph are such a great couple. I enjoyed how they first met, even if I found it a bit cringe worthy when she asked him a certain personal question!!! Then I burst out laughing and continued on reading.
What I enjoyed most was how much Seph grew as a person. To some extent Reece was responsible for this, but I thought th
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Apr 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: newadult
The Perfect First was the perfect book! I love how Maya Hughes writes a flawed, new adult, hero and turns him into a redeemable, loveable man. Reece Michaels turned into such a gentleman and was so easy to fall for it was hard to remember he needed a social coach in the beginning of the book.

Also, experiencing all the firsts with Seph, was like watching a child open presents at Christmas. The magic was infectious. Reading The Perfect First was infectious, unputdownable, complete romantic fun.

R
Jessica Lynn Roessler
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Perfect First truly turned out to be one of the most heartwarming stories that I have read in a long time. I have been reading non stop dark romance for a while now, so I really enjoyed this book A LOT. This story is about Seph(Persephonie) and Reece, and their friendship turned relationship is something that we all wish we could have with someone in the real world.
I happened to really loved the personalities of the heroine and hero in this book. They each excelled at certain things in life
Kat
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I am so in love with Reece and Seph. They are so completely opposite of each other, but absolutely what the other needs. Even if they don't realize it.

This is a lot of firsts for Seph, and a lot of re-do's for Reece, but with the way she reacts to each of them, it's like seeing it for the first time all over again, and it puts a whole new spin on their relationship. And that's something considering that Reece is a football star at their Fulton University school and Seph, is almost a total n
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Maya Hughes is one author I can depend on, to bring me the swooniest heroes, that just make me melt into a puddle of goo. With each book she is releases, it's like a sense of completion, and my heart just sings. The Perfect First was a fantastic read, with a dose of realism, that turned this story into a whole. Seph and Reece were relateable characters with souls that were in sync. This book isn't based off of physical attributes, but what the eyes can not see. It showed massive amounts of respe ...more
Kat's Books & Brews
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description

Hands down the best Hughes novel I have read. I really loved the relationship that Reece and Steph built. Reece is the big man on campus, popular, hot, and arrogant. Steph is living what little time she has left of her freedom by completing a list she put together of first. Fate steps in and throws these two together, when they wouldn’t have otherwise got a chance to interact.

I LOVE REECE. He grew so much as a character from start to finish the personal growth and how he changed was just so dam
Clare Harrison
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shes been kept behind locked doors all her life with her education, away from the general population and now that shes gained a little freedom and is able to mingle shes alone and unsure, struggling to make friends.

Hes confident and sexy, a one night man no strings no commitments. A glory stealer on the pitch with the Trojans trying to secure a future.

A mix up has them sat together at the same table him answering her invasive sexual questions.

Can they forget each other and move on to where they
Cassidy
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

I just love a good new adult, college, sports romance. They make me feel so giddy and smile like a loon. I think Maya Hughes has earned a spot with Sara Ney and Ilsa Madden Mills as one of my favs. The Perfect First blew me away.

We have a virgin heroine that has been rather sheltered most of her life. She decides to take the bull by the horn and start experiencing life. She starts looking for a helper in an unusual way. Luck has it that the hero is in the right place at the right time
Sharon
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet 5 star story that you will fall in love with!
Follow awkward Persephone, or as she likes to be called Seph, as she navigates college life. She's been home schooled her entire life, never had play dates, no friends because her father ruled with an iron fist. Now she's at college, rooming with the roommate from hell. She wants to experience life, everything it has to offer, she puts an ad in the school forum for someone to take her virginity and it all goes haywire from there.
Reece is meeting
Keri Loves Books
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Her Bucket List
This slow burn friends-to-lovers romance was PERFECTION! I absolutely loved this story. The love that developed between Reece and Seph was filled with banter, fun and sexual tension that was incredibly HOT!

She was the nerdy girl. He was the jock. Their first meet up was hilarious and unforgettable. The friendship that developed was everything. He was protective, she was sheltered. He was a ladies man, she was completely clueless. They fit together like missing puzzle piece. All sh
Christine
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If there was any case of the right place, wrong person...….Reece sitting down at Seph's table in that coffee shop sure was it. Turned out to be the best mistake of his life.

Watching the unlikely friendship and relationship develop between football star Reece and quirky & nerdy Persephone (also known as Seph) was so much fun. They couldn't have been more opposite, but Reece saw something in her that drew him to her. And it wasn't your typical nerd / jock story - it really was so much more th
booksiflove
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author, and definitely not the last. She totally got me hooked from the first to the last page!

Persephone (Seph as her friends call her) is a math genius, socially awkward person. She didn’t interact much with people, as her father raised her with an iron fist, und dictated how she has to live her life.

Reece, football player, star of the school and the girls, kind of stumbled upon Seph by accident.

This is an absolutely great story. I loved the writing, the flow of
Payton Box
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I dont even know where to start with this review! Seph and Reese. I relate so much to Seph it's almost creepy, but I loved watching her break out of her shell while she was in college. Her determination was definitely something. I loved how Reese never judged her but always went through with her plans, and how easily his friends accepted her for who she is. Their relationship helped them see things in a new light and find out what they want for themselves, not what other want of them. I was sad ...more
Na
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come soon
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm a contemporary and new adult romance author.

When I'm not hiding from my kids in the bathroom (doesn't work), I'm working full time, cooking dinners with my husband and building blanket forts.

Want to start reading my steamy, office romance right now?! Join my newsletter to the exclusive news, access to my newsletter exclusive, steamy, office romance novella, The Perfect View!
JOIN MY NEWSLET