Start by marking “The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)

The Perfect First

(Fulton U #1)

“How long do you last in bed?” Those were her first words to me, swiftly followed up with, “And how big would you say you are?”

Persephone Alexander. Math genius. Lover of blazers. The only girl I know who can make Heidi braids look sexy as hell. And she’s on a mission. Lose her virginity by the end of the semester.

I walked in on her interview session for potential candida
Published April 25th 2019
Featured Notes & Highlights

Start your review of The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
The Perfect First is book one in the brand new Fulton U series by Maya Hughes. You know those books where by the end of the first chapter, you’re already in love with the characters? Well, that happened in this one. I couldn’t love these two more.

“This was going to be the year of perfect firsts.”

Persephone (Seph) Alexander is an eighteen year old mathematical prodigy. She is attending Fulton University for two years before entering a PHD program. She’ll be there an even shorter amount of ti
This book was everything I wanted from a college romance. I really flew through the pages and fell in love with all the characters.

Seph and Reece were absolutely adorable together. So soft and pure.

It was your typical contemporary book with your standard writing and I was glad. I love these kind of books and they do me so much good.

I'm really looking forward for the series.
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS

Calling all New Adult Romance fans, because The Perfect First is an absolute must read. It was a swoony, quirky, steamy, funny and utterly endearing page-turner. I devoured this. I binge read it. I couldn't put it down for even a minute.

I've read my fair share of New Adult romance and some of these stories are a dime a dozen. But thi
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

The Perfect First quickly became my perfect first read from Maya Hughes. It also has me kicking myself for not reading her before now because I really liked her writing. Seph and Reece were the quintessential college romance couple. Him, a football legend that's living his life to the fullest, and her a sheltered good girl looking to let lose. It's a popular trope for a reason, but if you want to know more of why it's so popular, just read this book.

I'm not going
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
A novel full of firsts, yet finding a funny aspect to it all Seph and Reece know how to connect in the both the intimate and physical level...

For once I am keeping this review short and sweet, the reason being is because this is a first novel that I have read by Maya's that has a lot of ups and downs from my point of view. At first Reece is not my favorite that's for sure, and the reason being is because he is actually kind of a jerk and very cocky in the beginning. Not something I am really
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Perfect First was the perfect New Adult romance that I didn’t even know I wanted!! From the first chapter this book reeled me in with the curiosity but it held me with the quick witty humor and lovable authentic characters. Football heartthrob and a shy genius with some quirks of her own? What more can you ask for?!

Reece is living some of the best moments of his life right now. Top player on a winning team, popular guy on campus, life-long friends through his teammates, and a good famil
Maya Hughes
Mar 14, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Perfect First Now Live Banner

The Perfect First is LIVE! You can read a chapter of Reece and Seph's story HERE!

His jeans went down right along with his boxers. I spun on my heels, trying not to think about his toned ass. And, oh, what an ass it was. A warm water droplet hit my face, which quickly turned into a cold splash as the freezing air cooled it. The sharp sound of him hitting the water was the only thing I heard over the thundering jackhammering of my heart.

“I’ll turn my back. Get naked, Wild Child.

******
Grab you
Jessica
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love new adult sports romances and some of my favorite books ever fall under that category. I was so excited when Maya Hughes sent me a copy of The Perfect First because it is a romance between a college football player and a math genius determined to make her last year of college a memorable one.

Reece loves football and knows that's his only future, which means he has to buckle down and be serious when it comes to NFL scouts. What he doesn't need is the distraction that is Persephone. Seph h
Syndi
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I never thought this book could be very entertaining. From the blurp I thought it is about rom com. For NA audience. And it is delivers more than rom com.

It is a very sweet story between a football player and a genius geeky heroine. They first met is a meet cute scenario. It stars with an advertisement and morphs into a love story. The jokes, the colleage wild adventure is surreal.

I enjoy listening to the audiobook very much. So much that I just sat on my cubicle listening to this audiobook wi
Lien
2.5 Stars

➤ This was pretty insta for me even though they didn’t love each other at first sight. Insta-protective-instincts, insta-attraction, insta-possessiveness. After their first encounter, both already couldn’t stop thinking about each other so the chemistry fell flat.
➤ I couldn’t connect with the heroine at all! She’s everything I don’t like rolled in one. I’m okay with an awkward-dorky h from time to time but does she have to possess every attribute I usually dislike? She’s a fumbling, bum
SHIRLEY ♡
This book was so cute.
One of my fav of the month and maybe of the year too.
Ilsa Madden-Mills
I can't wait for this book!!!!!!!!
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Maya Hughes has started an addictive series featuring irresistible footballers in Fulton U. Despite the countless sports romances floating around, the unique creativity and authentic quality of this narrative prevents it from becoming reused material. With innumerous sweet moments, intense chemistry and stomach-aching humour, The Perfect First ensures your attention is captured and thoughts consumed by this endearing romance of perfect firsts.

I was tired of being me, and the only way to
Princess under cover
DNF @49%.

I don't usually rate DNF books, but I know it will be at most a 3 if I do finish it, I just don't want to finish it, cuz I'm too bored by the non-scintillating story and writing.

It's OKAY. That's why I give it a 3. The premise was interesting enough for me to try it out - I've always had a thing for geeky girls (and guys) - and the h putting out an ad to lose her virginity and asking for the guy's measurements was the best scene (and the blurb) of the book.

The rest of it? Not so inte
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

Maya Hughes everyone. Writing another hit sports romance series. The Kings were amazing but so are the Wolfs. Man oh man, I am going to enjoy this series so much.

Persephone is such a particular character. Math nerd, very sheltered, unexperienced and lonely. She's an angel with clipped wings at her father's hands. It was so sad to read about her wanting things for herself and being forced to do what her father wanted for her. But Seph wants to make the most of her last months
anna .・。.・゜✭・
28/5/20- 5: we love him we love her we love them
Meredith
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maya Hughes really knows how to deliver a fun and sexy sports romance with such lovable characters! I have been a huge fan since reading her Kings of Rittenhouse series, but this one right here really captured my heart. The Perfect First is an amazing angst-filled, friends to lovers romance that leaves you with all of the feels. Maya really knocked it out of the park with this one.

Seph is a smart and sheltered college girl with very little real life experience. Everything has always been about p
Nova
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t sure what to expect from this book after reading the reviews but I really enjoyed this story, both Seph and Reece were fab main characters. And this to me was a quintessential college coming of age story and also a first from this author for me. I will be reading more from her that’s for sure.

Seph was a socially awkward college student with no friends and feeling like life was passing her by she decides that she is going to change that and sets out to make all of the things she feels s
Anna Banana
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it

Read this mostly because of the hype and...yeah I get it. It's definitely a great NA sports romance and I like the different characters enough that I'm definitely going to continue this series and read the other books. I wouldn't say it's unique or really stands out much but there's something about the author's writing style that makes this a fun and addicting read, kind of reminds me of Elle Kennedy's NA series.

I'm excited for LJ and Marissa's book, the story line for Berk...I'm a little more
Amy
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
“I’ve been dreaming of you every night, and if I’m still dreaming, I don’t want to wake up. I need you.”

The Perfect First is wonderful heartwarming opposites attract romance. Told from dual points of view, The Perfect First follows the story of Seph & Reece. Seph and Reece couldn’t be more different if they tried. While Seph is young, she is smarter than her years; the total nerdy girl. And then you have Reece. Reece is the experienced jock who could have any girl he wanted. Their first encounte
Melanie (mells_view)
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was tired of being me, and the only way to change that was to stop being afraid of what I wanted.

Awe. Reece and Seph were sugary sweet goals. Reece is a baby manwh*re, and Seph is seriously people challenged. Seph wants to spend the last 7 months at college doing things she’s never done before. Checking off the firsts! one of them being her first time!

Reece wasn’t looking for a Seph, but she found him, and for some reason he couldn’t let go. I enjoyed this story, because the angst was pretty l
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4 STARS

"I’d give her the other firsts, as many as I could, because if I gave her too much, I wouldn’t be able to stop myself from never wanting to stop."

My first book by this author and I enjoyed it so much. Her writing style is engaging and fun.
A story full of firsts and sexy times. Seph and Reece are one of those couples pinned on pinterest under COUPLE GOALS.
Seph its very innocent and socially awkward being sheltered and controlled all her life by her severe father. Now its time for her to t
Antonella
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really really enjoy this one
It has all too familiar plotline but written really well
I like these two together and can't wait to read more
If you are a New Adult fan what are you waiting for, read this
I like how all characters were portrayed, it was believable

Nerdread
Apr 17, 2020 rated it liked it

I want to give it 4 stars because it was very entertaining and enjoyable to read however, the author introduced aspects of emotional abuse, intimidation and harassment into the story but did not actively deal with these issues in a realistic way. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the author did not balance the possible psychological affects of having to grown up emotionally abused and the reality and struggle of moving on from that type dynamic and finding self worth. I felt like t
Carla Bulian
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it
3,6. I read better books!
I didn’t like the story.
Unfortunately!
Jen Zingaro
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it, college, sports
This story was a complete touchdown!
These characters are so darn lovable. Seph just completely broke my heart and had me cracking up. She is such an odd girl that I immediately loved her. She's never had any friends and she's awkward and blunt and learns everything by reading about it. I couldn't have loved her any more. I just wanted to befriend her and show her there are good, genuine people out there.
Reece is such a good guy. The fact that he meets a complete stranger and wants to save her
Kim
Not even the Hemsworth on the cover could bump this up to more than 3 stars. It was an okay romance book with two MC’s I liked but I’m probably not going to continue this series.

PS: Honestly I could have done without reading the word “mushroom” -coughs- every time the guy whipped it out. Ew.
Thuy Taylor
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'The fall was long and hard, so hard I'd have bruises on my knees for months........'

Persephone "Seph" is a college girl genius about to graduate before she turns 19. Her childhood consisted of high expectations academically, advancing intellectually, but in turn, not having the fun typical childhood she ached for. So, with her future mapped out, in a few months, she's set to graduate college, she wants to experience all her firsts.....things we may take for granted, but she never was able to ex
book bruin
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute new adult sports romance! There isn't a whole lot of angst, but there are plenty of laughs as our heroine, Seph, attempts to grab life by the horns and cross off certain firsts from her life experiences list. This is the first book in the new Fulton U series.

Seph is that quirky, nerdy, shy girl that I think all women can relate to at one point in their lives. Numbers and facts make sense to her, but social situations are a complete mystery. She meets Reece in an exceptiona
Ambriehl Khalil
⭐️ [4.75/5 Stars] ⭐️

OKAYYY I just read all three books in like two days so bare with me if I’m a lil’ blurry because at this point they’re kinda meshing together. I liked this one. A lot. Obviously, duh, almost five stars. I’m always looking for college sports romances. I love love love them and they satisfy me on a whole different level, especially when they’re a series and follow multiple characters.

I loved these two characters. Persephone is an amazing name and the nickname Seph is even bette

• Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Dear Ava
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • Hatemates
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • I Hate You
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • Player
  • Focused
  • Enemies
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • Looking to Score
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks #3)
Maya Hughes is an Amazon Top 50 author of swoon worthy, laugh out loud, and emotional new adult and contemporary romances. Add Maya's upcoming books to your TBR today!

The Proposal (Swank, #1) by Maya Hughes The Art of Falling For You (Falling, #1) by Maya Hughes The Fourth Time Charm (Fulton U, #4) by Maya Hughes

Don't miss the exclusive, steamy, office romance novella, The Perfect View! http://eepurl.com/cZoUzT

Instagram: (for tons of cupcake love!) http://bit.ly/2WoY3OZ

Pinterest: http://bit.ly/2F3mqM2

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2K

Fulton U (4 books)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • The Fourth Time Charm (Fulton U, #4)

News & Interviews

“In a flash, her lips were on mine.” 2 likes
“I’d never wanted to kiss someone more than I did right then, standing in the middle of a crowded dance floor in nothing but my Pikachu boxers, dancing with a woman who was unlike anyone I’d ever met. She’d gotten so fully and completely under my skin, I didn’t know how I’d existed before I met her.” 2 likes