Start by marking “The Christmas Dare (Twilight, Texas #10)” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Dare (Twilight, Texas #10)

The Christmas Dare

(Twilight, Texas #10)

A jilted-at-the-altar bride reunites with her high school sweetheart in Lori Wilde’s sensational new Twilight, Texas Christmas novel.

Kelsey James always played by the rules and look where it got her—dumped and half-drunk in a poofy white dress, her Christmas wedding ruined. Then her best friend talks her into going on her “honeymoon” anyway, daring her to a “Christmas of
Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Published October 22nd 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Dare, please sign up.
Jennifer Jeffries Each book can be read as a stand alone book. You do not have to read them in order. Enjoy The Christmas Dare! I sure did!

Start your review of The Christmas Dare (Twilight, Texas #10)
Anne Z.
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
The Christmas Dare had a little bit more angst than most holiday themed romance books, and therefore, I liked it a little more than most. It has some 'meat' to it -for luck of a better expression right now...

Noah is a easy go happy kind of guy. Always in a good mood, always with a smile on his face, always ready to help. He doesn't let things bring him down, for better or worse, he just moves on to better things. One of those things was his relationship with Kelsey. They were young though, so
Ann Lorz
Reviewed by Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

I sure do love visiting Twilight, Texas. It's always fun to be there. Throughout the years I've loved reading this series and have enjoyed the characters that live there.

Our visit to Twilight is with The Christmas Dare. I do love a good holiday story and Twilight is the perfect place to spend the holidays. I'm not sure how I feel about being dared into doing something but I really loved the idea of Kelsey being
Gaele
How is it possible that being jilted at the altar by your “just come out of the closet” fiancé is a good thing? Kelsey is about to discover this when her life falls apart in spectacular (and public) fashion and her best friend decides that it’s time for her to make several changes in her life, starting with the two of them heading off for her honeymoon trip. With Tasha and Kelsey off on the road – the “Christmas of Yes” begins, particularly innovative for Kelsey after her mother’s scene when the ...more
Tammy Morse
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas Dare ! When a bride get abandon at the alter by her coming out of the closet gay groom. Her best friends makes a Christmas vacation for a political daughter eventful. With a controlling mother makes her life miserable and she need to cut the strings and make herself happy. Kelsey finds out that her first crush, first love, first everything didn't abandon her the mother stopped him from she her. Well this Christmas of Yes vacation of Dares is very interesting and intriguing. Can she ...more
BookGypsy
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a charming Christmas romance. I loved the characters. It was funny, emotional and I just loved it. A story of mothers and daughters, best friends and the one who got away. Fabulous read!
I was given a copy from the publisher for my honest review.
Dawnny-BookGypsy
Novels N Latte
Hudson Valley NY
Monique
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kelsey and Noah meet again after ten years, since they were seventeen. They had been in love but Kelsey's tyrannical mother made sure Noah stayed away from her daughter. But Kelsey's just been humiliated on her wedding day, and her friend Tasha tricks her into spending the Holiday season in Twilight, Texas.

Poor Kelsey, stuck with her domineering mother who basically took over her life. Noah is sweet and cocky, and while both characters had possibilities, I was grateful for Tasha's presence.
Madm007
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Revealing Christmas Story and Second Chance Romance
The Twilight saga continues with another successful mark on the famous Kissing Tree.
While this started out with a conundrum of all conundrums for Kelsey, thank goodness for best friends who love unconditionally and are ballsy enough to help in a very direct way--head on!
Going back to Twilight, TX, and her first love that ended abruptly 10 years ago, Kelsey reunites with Noah. The current Christmas scenes and events were great, funfilled and
Jane
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lori-wilde, christmas
The Christmas Dare by Lori Wilde was so good I don't know where to begin. Kelsey has been under her mother's thumb all her life. In her mother's eyes she can do nothing right and any mistakes of course are Kelsey's fault. When Kelsey was a teenager she met Noah at camp and they were immediately taken with each other. One night, while at camp, Kelsey was on the dock with Noah and her mother showed up. She dragged Kelsey away, put her in her car and drove off. For ten long years Kelsey and Noah ...more
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the day she was born Kelsey's life was already planned out for her, her overbearing mother knew what kind of life she wanted her daughter to have, and has made sure it has went off without a hitch. Unfortunately that meant Kelsey has never really had the chance to make her own choices, not even picking her own groom... which is why she ended up with the wrong man that ditched her the day they were suppose to walk down the aisle.

Now with her life in shambles, her groom off living his best
Jennifer Jeffries
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I DARE you to read Lori Wilde's The Christmas Dare and not be entertained! This book will keep you enthralled with Kelsey James' and Noah MacGregor's Christmas dare adventure!
Kelsey's groom has left her at the alter! What happens next is completely out of her comfort zone. Kelsey's best friend, Tasha, is daring Kelsey to cut lose, take a vacation dare, a romance dare and to see what adventures lie ahead for them both.
This lands these two friends right back into Kelsey's old stomping ground in
Mary Peaks
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun read. I had the honor of meeting Lori Wilde recently and this is one of two books I bought that evening. Thank you Lori Wilde. I took this on vacation and loved it. The story starts with Kelsey James getting stood up at the alter. Her fiancé ran off with his best man! We realize quickly that Kelsey is not as near upset as her mother. Her best friend Tasha convinces her to cash in the honeymoon plans and let her plan them a getaway. What she plans is a getaway to Twilight. There in ...more
Tammy Canter
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twilight says it all

What a great book that brings 2 great people together from the past with two absolutely two different personalities and makes it work. Lori you never haven't amazed me with your writing skill and the stories you bring to life before my eyes as read ...Thank you agin for taking the time to write such a great story line that keeps me looking forward to the next page.
Tammy Canter
Deb Blackbourn
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a book I would highly recommend! When Kelsey is left at the altar at Christmas time, her best friend convinced her to take a vacation. Kelsey’s best friend knows that Kelsey always was sweet on Noah. His NBA career ended when he was injured. Kelsey & her friend end up at a houseboat/motel that Noah owns. Kelsey’s friend then tells Kelsey that there will be 5 Christmas dares she will need to complete on this trip. It’s fun reading what the dares are & how Kelsey has to complete ...more
Karen Hackett
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas Dare by Lori Wilde has once again accomplished another wonderful story about memorable characters in a small town, filled with great dialogue and humor. The story is about rekindling the passion of first love between Kelsey James and Noah MacGregor. After being jilted at the altar, Kelsey’s best friend talks her into going on her “honeymoon,” daring her to a “Christmas of Yes” to fun, to romance, and to adventure! And adventure lands her right smack into the arms of sexy Noah ...more
Mrs. Garen L. Herd
Good read

There are so many emotions going on in this one....loads of angst, anger, uncertainty, and love. And don't forget the hot sex. She has a mother who is a control freak in the extreme and verbally abusive. Years ago her mother, literally, ripped her from the arms of her true love. Now, present day, the man her mother chose for her to marry, leaves her at the altar and her best friend whisks her off for a 2week trip. Back in time to the place where she was happiest.....Twilight, Texas.
Mayda
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, christmas
So much romance. So little plot.
Diana
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Back in time

Kelsey James has been left standing at the altar on her wedding day and her mother blames her. After everyone leaves the church Kelsey's friend Tasha talks her into going away for two weeks. The thing is Tasha won't tell her where they are going only that they are having a Christmas of Yes and Tasha will give Kelsey five dates and she has complete everyone.
Noah MacGregor is trying to get his businesses in full year for Christmas when two women show up Twilight, Texas to stay at his
Barbara
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Another winner for Lori. Kelsey has spent her entire life trying to please her mother and win her love. After being dumped at the altar, her best friend, Tasha, steals her away on a secret dare, where she runs into Noah, her teenage crush from a decade earlier. It doesn’t take long for old feelings to reappear. Full of love, hope, second chances, a little sadness over what can never be, a touch of suspense, and a lot of fun.
Cherie Clark
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sure did love this Christmas Story even though I'm a scrooge I loved it ...more
Suzanne
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My mom and I love Lori Wilde books.We’ve read her books for over 10 years.She used to have a spring and fall release.She’s getting the rights back to her older books and updating them and rereleasing them.She’s on fire!!Please give her books a try.
Maureen Hubley
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story....couldn't put the book down. Highly recommend it.
Terri Waddill
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG

Lori Wilde is a great writer. She's able to tell an indepth story. She's goes into great detail and the story is told from the heart.
Anne Park
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good read. A little slow in the middle but wraps up nicely.
Elaine
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is honestly the first book I have read By this author, and I have honestly Fallen for her books by this book it is absolutely amazing I recommend it to everyone and will definitely be reading more of her books she gave me this book for an honest review...
Kelsey got dumped at her wedding her husband decided to leave with the best man...Getting stood up at your wedding and then your BFF comes up with an idea as a Christmas dare....the Dare will take you back in time. But The Best of things
Anna Budziak
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was lucky and won this in a Goodreads contest but not letting it influence this review. Would rate it around 3.5 very good, quick read. Readers will be rooting for the two couples--the main hero and heroine Kelsey and Ryan and their friends Tasha and Sean. Twilight is wonderful as usual and there is a lot of fun and heartfelt Christmas cheer. Minor complaints: would like to see the couples doing/working more together and, while well-written, the love scenes could have been edited down more. ...more
Marcy Kludt belles
I couldn't put the book down! it was great from beginning to end.
Mary
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series and this one no different. I love all the books I have read of MS Wilde. Second chances and realizing you need to be your own person was the main theme of this book.
Angela Hudkins
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Romance novels are not my usual go-to. However, I do love holiday themed stories especially in the mystery genre and found this book to be a very cozy and enjoyable (steamy) read. I look forward to broadening my horizons a bit and checking out the rest of this author's series. : ) Highly recommend!
Etania
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
love, love , love this book. love lori wilde
Michael Keegan
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not put this book down.

Fantastic, inspiring with swoon worthy men and strong women. I love how Kelsey finally overcomes her mother's manipulations. A love that stood their time apart and never waivered.

• Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Three Dog Night (The Dogmothers, #2)
  • Christmas with a Cowboy (Longhorn Canyon, #5)
  • Christmas in Winter Valley (Ransom Canyon, #8)
  • Christmas in Harmony Harbor
  • Baby Business (Texas Rascals #11)
  • Rex (Texas Rascals #10)
  • Wyoming Heart (Wyoming Men #9)
  • Twist of Fate (Heartbreaker Bay, #8.5)
  • Let It Snow
  • Summer on Mirror Lake (Honeymoon Harbor)
  • Spirit of the Season
  • Cowboy Christmas Redemption (Gold Valley, #8)
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • All Fired Up
Lori Wilde can’t remember a time when she didn’t want to write. She even went to nursing school so she could have a schedule flexible enough to allow her to write on the side. She nursed for 20 years, working in a variety of settings from the newborn nursery to the recovery room, to dialysis. But she never lost her desire to write.

She sold her first book in 1994 to Silhouette Romance but later

Twilight, Texas (10 books)
  • The Sweethearts' Knitting Club
  • The True Love Quilting Club (Twilight, Texas, #2)
  • The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3)
  • The Welcome Home Garden Club (Twilight, Texas, #4)
  • Christmas at Twilight (Twilight, Texas, #5)
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas (Twilight, Texas, #6)
  • A Wedding for Christmas (Twilight, Texas #7)
  • Cowboy, It's Cold Outside (Twilight, Texas #8)
  • The Christmas Key (Twilight, Texas #9)