Start by marking “A Tip of the Cap (London League, Book 3)” as Want to Read:
A Tip of the Cap (London League, Book 3)

A Tip of the Cap

(London League #3)

With Cap in hand...

Malcolm Colerain, Earl of Montgomery, needs a wife. He has four children, a peerage, and a demanding secret occupation as a member of the London League; all of which give him a fulfilling life, so a proper marriage of convenience is all he seeks. But when he meets Elizabeth Owens, things begin to change. Distance becomes difficult, convenience becomes

Published February 1st 2019 by Phase Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Tip of the Cap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tip of the Cap

Mara
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Malcolm Colerain, Earl of Montgomery (Monty to his friends), Cap to the members of the London League needs to find a wife. Not because he wants one, but for the sake of his four young children; they need a mother. Although it's been more than two years since his wife Caroline died, he's still not ready to move on. Every day felt as painful as the first, and for a man accustomed to such self-control, it was too much. That sentence tells us so much about this man.

Beth Owens is the youngest of 10 c
Melissa
Oh! this book was like eating a big piece of Chocolate cake with raspberry sauce dripped all over. A cake that has no calories and leaves you feeling light and fluffy and happy. I love arraigned marriage stories and this one was so fun to read. Cap thought he had it all figured out until Beth comes along and shakes his whole world. I loved these two characters and enjoyed there love story so much. They go threw so difficult things that tugged at my heart. Beth is one of my favorite leading ladie ...more
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I loved the complicated dynamics of Malcolm and Beth as they yearn for each other and struggle with their feelings. Malcolm is especially angst-ridden as he still grieves for his first wife and finds himself falling for Beth. She is perfect for him and his children, and she is patient as she works to discover the hidden layers of Malcolm. His secret life as an agent provides him an escape and distraction from his familial circumstances and often runs when Beth gets too close. I liked seeing the ...more
Christina
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another FANTASTIC book in this series!!

Wow- the author once again outdid herself with this newest addition to the London League series. Seriously, I finished this book in one day, and I still want to re-read favorite parts.

Beth and Malcom or “Cap” as he is known in the first two books, have such a unique story. They marry based solely on the fact that Malcom needs someone to care for his mother-less children, and Beth chooses this life over that of a governess. Beth was an absolute favorite fro
Sydney
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jasmyn
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just what I needed!

I really enjoy Connollys series, always have and I believe I always will!
This one did not disappoint. I enjoyed every moment of reading it and am looking forward to reading Rooks story.
A wonderful clean romance with adventure, secrets, and love!
I do hope that Connolly creates a map for me to remember who each character is. I love it when past characters are in these books but my muddled mind sometimes has difficulty in remembering who is who.
Totally recommend this series al
D'anah
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

I love Beth! She is outstanding in every way. As usual, a well crafted story. Have loved the whole series so far. I always enjoy a good witty spy story. This one was good, just not THE best so far. Can't wait for the next one.
Miriam
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book.

Another great book by Rebecca Connolly. Loved it. Lots of twists and turns along the way with some heart warming romance to boot.
Jenn
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
What's not to love?! Any story with The League is worth reading.
Donna
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it!

I love all the wonderful characters of the London League. I was pleased by the patience and care shown by both our hero and heroine. Their marriage only suffered on the few occasions that they were less than honest about their feelings. Perhaps a lesson or two is there for us all. I can’t wait for the next book!
Elizabeth
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
A Tip of the Cap is the third book in the London League series by Rebecca Connolly. Having never read the first two (and not having the time to do so), I was worried that I wouldn’t understand what was going on. Luckily, though clearly characters, relationships, and references would be more clearly understood with the first two books having been read, I was able to understand and follow the mostly stand-alone plot of this book.

The “theme” of the series is the London League, a spy organization ta
Maria Thomas
I liked the first two books in the series but I liked this one even more.
This book seemed to be less about the league and more about the marriage and the two didn't meet until the end. All the spy stuff was at a standstill because they couldn't figure out clues to help them and Malcolm spends much of the book with his family instead of doing league work so the two things felt very separate.
I loved the banter between Malcolm and Beth. She was so funny. I smiled and even laughed at her words. An
Meagan Myhren-bennett
A Tip of the Cap
London League #3
By Rebecca Connolly

Malcolm Colerain, Earl of Montgomery, finds himself in a most unenviable position. Two years ago he lost his beloved wife and finds himself in need of a new wife, one who will provide stability and security for his children should he lose his life while in service to the Crown. As a member of the London League, Cap, as he is known to his fellow operatives, is feeling the tightening noose of danger as the French threat grows. Malcolm (aka Monty)
Michelle
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
No doubt this is one of those times where reading the prior books in the series would make the third book better, but I found the plot in this story to be...nonexistent. Aside from the love story, there was never any sort of "development" with the the league. I realize Malcolm had this compartmentalization thing going on, but I just felt like I was reading two different books every time he left home to go do "league things," which ended up being...sifting through papers and listening to his men ...more
Amy
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book. I enjoy it so much when a story grabs me and pulls me in and I can get lost in the setting, the characters, and the times. This was a marriage of convenience story between an earl, Malcolm, and a woman, Beth, who really has no other prospects but to marry for the convenience. Malcolm who is still very much in love with his first wife is struggling with being both parents to his dear four children. He needs a wife and a woman’s touch with his children. On top of that he is a s ...more
MJSH
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars for this third installment in the London League series by Rebecca Connolly! I did not read the first two books so it took me a bit of time to sort out all the secondary characters but it can be enjoyed as a stand-alone. The writing is easy to follow, the dialogue between the characters is witty and fun, the plot is quite interesting with a dash of intrigue, and the characters are endearing. If you enjoy a fun historical romance set in 1820s London, you will enjoy this book.

The main ch
Lois Zollars
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Riveting Book, As Usual!

I was just waiting and waiting for the next book in this series to come out! Very surprised to find out that this story revolved around "Cap"! Beth, the children, and Lily were such loveable and realistic characters; you can't help becoming so immersed in this story with characters like these! Then to be with our old friends, Tibby, Rogue, Rook, and my favorite, Gent- all our old friends from previous stories- it just doesn't get any better!!!! Now I'm biting at t
Amy
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Tip of the Cap is the third installment from Rebecca Connolly’s series, London League. It is, also, my first introduction to this author’s work and it will not be my last. I believe this book can read as a stand alone. I did not feel as though I was missing anything or lost by not reading the first two in the series. I enjoyed Malcolm and Elizabeth’s story. It is a quick read that I had no problem to have it finished in a few hours.
I give A Tip of the Cap four and a half stars. I can not wait
Stacey
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!! I can’t wait for the next one 😍
A perfect blend of suspense & intrigue - with both the romance & the mystery!
I loved the fact that characters from the other stories in this series as well as from the authors other books crossed over into this story. It makes me want to read & in quite a few cases re-read them all over again! But most particularly the other books from the London League series. I definitely recommend you read them!! I have fallen in love with all of Rebecca’
Luci Jamison
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This is a great continuation of the London League series. I enjoyed the different take of the look at the personal side of the character and still have the spy intrigue. The characters are well developed and quite lovable. Good humor, clean romance and enough suspense to keep me wanting to know the end.
I was wanting a bit more follow up with the concussion though, but enjoyed the story.

I look forward to the next one in the series.

Janene M Petersen
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Waiting for book 4

This story takes you on a roller coaster of emotions. The author draws you into the lives of Monty and Beth with her descriptive, emotional and physical language. I have read almost all of Rebecca Connolly's works (which is a lot) and have never been disappointed.
Bobbie
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Third in a series, we learn about Cap, who leads the London League. The interaction between characters, is interesting and adds humor, as they encounter society and fight against spies. The heroine is as expected, sweet and strong. It is an enjoyable and easy read. The other books in the series are also enjoyable.
Kerry
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Historical romantic suspense with a twist within the predictable story. I enjoyed this easy read but would have preferred perhaps a little more of the suspense. But good attention to detail without too many modern mannerisms. The main female character was a little too sweet but not enough to ruin the story.
Emily Yager
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story as I did with all the others in this series. The characters were so likeable and there are plenty of twist and turns (spy stuff) to keep you wondering. Along with some swoon worthy moments as Monty and Beth’s relationship develops over time.
Donna Foster
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am captivated by this series

What's not to enjoy about this series I highly recommend buying the set you'll get more out of it each book is standalone about the spy operatives and their mates. Can't wait for Rook's story.
Lara Mcmullin
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and Tender

I devoured this book and had a cheesy grin on my face the whole time. This book was so good. Another great clean romance by Rebecca Connolly.
Maralee
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5-4. This wasn't my favorite of the series but I still enjoyed Beth's take on life. The ending seemed a little rushed but overall good read.
Julie G
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down!

Such a good story. Well developed characters that I cheered for. I didn’t want to have the story end. Get it! Read it!
Kirsi Johnson
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun Read

Another fun entry in the London League series. Beth was delightful and Cap was more than sufficiently swoon-worthy. Keep them coming Ms. Connolly!!!
Erin
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best book in the series so far.
I was born once upon a time, and I started making up stories right away. Eventually, I started writing them down, and never stopped! I have a day job, which gets in the way of my writing, but it pays the bills so I CAN write, so I guess that's okay! I am a bookworm, which I think is key to being a writer, and I am always looking for inspiration! I live in Indiana, am obsessed with hot chocolate, a ...more

London League (3 books)
  • The Lady and the Gent (London League, #1)
  • A Rogue About Town (London League, Book 2)