Start by marking “The Worst Best Man” as Want to Read:
The Worst Best Man

The Worst Best Man

Critically acclaimed author Mia Sosa delivers a sassy, steamy enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy about a woman whose new job requires her to work side-by-side with the best man who ruined her wedding: her ex-fiancé's infuriating, irritating, annoyingly handsome brother. Perfect for fans of Jasmine Guillory, Helen Hoang, and Sally Thorne!

A wedding planner left at the altar.
Published February 4th 2020 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Worst Best Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Worst Best Man

Start your review of The Worst Best Man
Nilufer Ozmekik
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS.IS.SOOOO.GOOD. I didn’t understand why some readers skipped this book or wrote some negative comments. I know exactly books arise some different feelings and bring out different opinions. But come on we have a sweetest, charming, so much likable, adorable book-boyfriend in da house.
Yesss, let’s make some noise for MAX! If it is not for him, I could give the book four stars but his charm, patience, honesty stole my heart!

What I really liked about this story:

Author’s amazing sense of humor
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This wasn't a perfect book for me, but I did end up enjoying it a lot more than I expected to. I really felt the chemistry between the two main characters and I appreciated that, although the book starts off on a pretty ridiculous note, the characters grow A LOT by the end of the novel and ultimately end up making some very Adult decisions. I will say though, the sex scenes in this one were p awkward. I felt like the author was trying to make them overly ~sassy~ and it really just took me out of ...more
preoccupiedbybooks
A fun, steamy tale of self-worth and learning from your bad choices

Three years ago, wedding planner, Catalina Santos was jilted on her wedding day (ahh how awful anyway but to happen a wedding planner?!!). Lina's ex fiancé's brother, Max broke the news, and was also apparently the cause of her fiancé's departure. Now Lina has to work together with Max if they both want to succeed in their careers.
description
Firstly I am really surprised at the bad reviews of this book, compared to the ratings of similar
Gabby
This story is cute. It follows this girl Carolina/Lina who is a wedding planner and she gets stood up at her own wedding. Years later she runs into her ex and his brother when she is trying to get a job she really wants and she is forced to work with her exes brother Max. We get this really cute banter-y hate to love romance that forms between them!

The first 200 pages of this book were great, I thought the characters were hilarious and the banter between Lina and Max was on point, I
Larry H
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Over the last 12-18 months, I've read a lot of rom-coms. They're the perfect foil for some of the heavier stuff and thrillers I read, and they never fail to put me in a good mood—and in some cases, even choke me up. (Not that that should surprise anyone who follows me, given that I cry watching television commercials sometimes.)

I've found that rom-coms fall into one of a few tropes: friends-to-lovers, where long-time friends suddenly realize their feelings for one another but are afraid to voice
✨ A ✨
IDK guys. These two made me tired. DNF @ 80 %

___
«ARC received from publishers via edelweiss in exchange for an honest review»

• Publication date: 4 February 2020 •
Hollis
On paper (hah), there's nothing wrong with this story. It's diverse, there's communication, it's sorta-enemies-to-lovers, or reluctant-rivals-y-to-lovers, whatever, there is friction, and there's other good things. But I was bored pretty much from 8% right on through to the end. Suffice it to say, my Wheel of Fortune app got a lot of attention the last day or so.

But anyway.

Yes, points for diversity, points of tackling sensitive and relevant topics such as "acceptable" behaviours for people —
Jessica
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
When I started this book, I was loving this story and these characters. Nothing gets me like a good enemies to lovers romance and Lina really hated Max when he encourages his brother to break up with her on their wedding day. Flash forward five years and Lina and Max have to work together on a project that could earn Lina the job of a lifetime. Of course, she wants to keep Max as far away as possible, but Max is determined to do his fair share and help her win the job.

My favorite part of this
☽ TheBibliotheque
Feb's pick for the Romancetheque Book Club! (Yes, that's right, I started a Book Club. And yes, we read only romance. And yes. You totally need to join.

*clears throat* We need more romance books with heroines of diverse heritage like Carolina Santos.

“Thing is,” he says, his chin resting on my head, “there is no single way to be a badass. Your mother and aunts coming here and making new lives for themselves? Badass. My mother running her own firm even after she and my father divorced? Badass.
Christy
4 stars

The Worst Best Manis a super cute and fun enemies to lovers rom-com. It's my first Mia Sosa book and I enjoyed it so much!

Lina is a wedding planner who was jilted at the alter years ago. Now, she has an opportunity to take her business to the next level. The catch? She has to work with her ex-fiance's brother. Talk about awkward.

I listened to the audio book which was narrated by Rebecca Mozo and Wayne Mitchell, and while I enjoyed it for the most part, some of the times when the male
SHIRLEY ♡

“And just so we’re clear,” I say. “You’re neither my first choice nor my second choice. You’re my only choice.”

Well, I think this book is going to be one of my favorite read of the month.

First of all, I would like to say that I loved the Brazilian representation in this book. I don’t know if the author is Latina, has family who are Latinos or or if she did a research to get all the information, the point is that she did a great job. I don’t know too much, probably nothing, about the
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was provided an ARC from Harper Collins Canada.

The negative reviews on this book makes no sense to me because readers complained about the dialogue being too choppy and not up their alley. It's their opinion and it's fine but I never found it in the way they described it. The writing was smooth, witty, and outlandish in the way that many romantic comedy readers enjoy nowadays. What I would understand is if their negative reviews had something to do with the fact that they didn't have much
Shannon
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Avon books for gifting me a copy of The Worst Best Man by Mia Sosa. Out February 4!

I’ve been reading all the romance lately! I’ve never read anything by Sosa before but I enjoyed this one a lot. I’m so here for the diverse characters, Brazilian culture and the steaaaam. Three years ago, wedding planner, Lina was left by her husband to be on their wedding day. Max, her fiancés brother, was the one to tell her it was over. Now, Lina is killing it in her career and has a chance at a huge
Emma
Feb 12, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/5 Stars

I enjoyed the relationship between the two main characters, Max and Lina, it was believable and I liked how it all developed. This book had its funny moments, but I think it also had some serious notes on relations in life. Overall, this was a pleasant read and I will definitely read Dean's story, which is set to come out in 2021.
Isabel
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun romcom (with just enough dick jokes). I loved the wedding planning aspect as well as how Lina carried herself in this book. How she saved the day with brow fixing -- please don't do that to any groom the day before his wedding. His wife will piss herself.
I also liked how it showed the pitting against siblings with each other, how damaging this can be and how the resentment def can grow into something more.
There is also a large factor about diversity here but I'm not from
jess ✨
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
I was provided an ARC via Edelweiss Plus in exchange for an honest review.

It is always a sad day when a book you were so excited about doesn't deliver and The Worst Best Man fell that pattern.

One important thing to know is that as a Brazilian, born and raised in Brazil, currently living in it, having a Brazilian main character was a very exciting thing to witness.

And that brings me to the good sides of this book: it was really nice seeing my culture on the pages, I think for people that don't
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
Lina and Max had undeniable chemistry that lept off the page. Seeing their relationship grow frow reluctant business partners to more made for a thoroughly enjoyable read that I couldn't put down. And as always, I adored the family aspected included in the story. Lina's big, supportive family filled my heart with warmth, while Max's tenuious relationship with his brother kinda broken my heart.
Fun, flirty, and amazing chemistry, The Worst Best Man is an entertaining romcom you wont want to put
Angelica
If you told me at the beginning of 2019 that contemporary romance was going to be my go-to genre for 2020, I would have laughed in your face while I read some sort of fantasy novel. But, it's 2020 and here we are. Contemporary romance is officially fueling my will to live in 2020.

I read an ARC of You Deserve Each Other by Sara Hogle back in 2019 and loved it. I read it again in 2020 already. It's my new obsession. I can't wait for y'all to be able to read it. So, in seeing this book be compared
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
A wedding planner who was left at the alter the day of her own wedding. Sounds like the makings of a great story, right?
I love rom-coms and I was so excited to read this book.
A lot of family dynamics make up a most of this book. You will have to read Linda and Max's story and find out if it's all it's cracked up to be. I won't give anything away.
I had a little bit of trouble connecting with the cast of characters. But I loved the premise of this book.
I gave this book 3 stars and I can't wait to
Jamie beauty_andthebook_
A wedding planner who was left at the alter the day of her own wedding, ironic right? Fast forward three years and Lina Santos has moved on with her life and is interviewing for her dream job as a wedding concierge where she’s set to be paired with a marketing expert. Enter marketing expert, Max. Funny, handsome, charming, oh, and he just happens to be the brother of the man who left Lina at the alter three years prior.

It's only January but I already know I've found one of my favorite romances
mina reads™️
MY VIDEO REVIEW IS LIVE: https://youtu.be/W6-BxA8v404

Thank you to Avon Books for providing the ARC via Netgalley. All thoughts are my own

Three years ago, Lina was left at the altar by her fiance Andrew. With Andrew gone someone has to break the news to the humilated bride and that terrible duty falls to Max, Andrew's younger brother and best man. The final nail in the coffin is when Andrew leaves a cryptic text message that claims Max is responsible for changing Andrew's mind on marriage. Cue
Julie Zantopoulos
Nothing like starting the year off with a DNF, but it's okay. This was a finished copy I got pre-release from the publisher and it hadn't been on my radar prior to it showing up on my doorstep. But, then I texted Chelsea and we decided to buddy read them...and we know how those go.

What didn't work:
The book is written in 1st person duel POV but the author's writing style meant that it felt like the characters were breaking the rules and talking right to the reader. Like 'Little did they know
Kristy K
I so wanted to like this book more than I did. But for as much as I love the diversity and unique story line, the characters and dialogue were stilted and felt off. There were times when I couldn't tell who's point of view I was reading, Lina's or Max's. And some of it got a little cringey. Unfortunately, this romantic comedy left me wanting.

I received an advanced copy through Netgalley in return for an honest review.
laurel [suspected bibliophile]
Lina Santos has put the past behind her, and a barrier around her emotions. A wedding planner left at the alter? Hell on business. She wants nothing more to do with her ex-fiance or his prick brother until a lucrative business offer lands on her lap. The catch? She's got six weeks to develop a pitch to win the contract, and she's got to work with Max, the man who cause her fiance to walk away.

This was downright precious and the best use of Enemies to Lovers and the One Bed trope I've seen in a
Amy
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Give me a rom com about weddings and I’m a happy woman, seriously I can read about wedding related mishaps over and over again and never get tired. Then I had the added bonus of reading a new to me author who was just SO good, she nailed every aspect of this for me from the witty dialogue and banter to the sexy and playful steam all the way around to Lina’s spicy Brazilian family that made me legit laugh out loud, this one had it all.

Besides the enemies to lovers thing between Lina and Max there
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
3 STARS!

IMG-20200204-085733

An unexpected attraction. Enemies-to-lovers. Playful banter. The Worst Best Man is a slow burning multicultural romance with a tad bit of comedy.

Lina is jilted at the altar by her fiance via text. Fast forward 3 years and she now must work with Max, the best man against her ex Andrew for the chance of a life time... A chance to show Rebecca Cartwright she's the best wedding planner.

Lina is a fierce, headstrong, aggressive Latina woman who knows what she wants and fights for it. Max is
flavia
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it

The story follows Lina who is left at the altar by her fiancé. She finds herself resenting him and also her fiancé’s brother, Max, who supposedly played a part in the failed wedding. Three years later, she is found in a compromising situation when she is forced to work with Max, together they have to be collaborative in order for both of them to succeed and achieve the final line to their careers. Despite their past, they discover that they complement each other quite well and they are pretty
booksneedcaffeinetoo
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny, arc, romance
We sit across from each other at a table so tiny we may was well be sitting in each other's lap.
"Cozy," she says.
I snort. "Your cozy is my awkward."
She grins. "Oh good. It's not just me."

This book is so lovely and funny.

Thank you Edelweiss and the publisher for an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

4.5/5 stars

The book is told in two POVs: Max and Lina. Neither voice sounds all that different from each other, but that doesn't really bother me because both are funny. I loved that they each
Steph's Romance Book Talk
5 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

I found extreme enjoyment as I read this story. It started a little slower than I usually enjoy, but as the story evolved, drawn into the connections between Lina and Max with every page turn. Lina is left at the alter by Max's brother but years later they have to work together to achieve personal career goals. As they interact, moving from pranking each other to questioning their feelings, Lina and Max give us a journey through all the emotions. At times I wanted to smack
Romie
this was the most fun I've had reading a book in a long time! I found myself laughing at loud several times, and it just made me feel really happy! I liked both characters, Max and Lina were relatable, they felt real, and I believed in their chemistry. this book is just a lot of fun time, and discovering more about the Brazilian culture (something I loved!), and I'm simply happy I read it. I'll completely read the book about Max's best friend!

• Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • Love Lettering
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Tweet Cute
  • Mermaid Inn
  • If I Never Met You
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • My Best Friend’s Royal Wedding
  • Hearts on Hold: A Librarian Romance
  • House Rules (Uptown, #3)
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • The Kissing Game
Mia Sosa is a critically acclaimed contemporary romance author and 2015 Romance Writers of America Golden Heart Finalist. Her books have received praise and recognition from Kirkus Reviews, Booklist, Library Journal, The Washington Post, Entertainment Weekly, and more.

Book Riot included her debut, Unbuttoning the CEO, in its list of 100 Must-Read Romantic Comedies, and Booklist recently called her