Start by marking “Honor Lost (The Honors, #3)” as Want to Read:
Honor Lost (The Honors, #3)

Honor Lost

(The Honors #3)

Space renegade Zara Cole may have finally met her match. Lifekillera creature that can devour entire planets is spreading terror throughout the universe, and it seems nothing can stand in the monstrous godkings way.

Reeling from a series of battles, Zara and her wounded band of allies are going to need a strategy before they face Lifekiller again. Zaras street smarts may
Published February 11th 2020 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Honor Lost, please sign up.
Clephiro
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Honor Lost (The Honors, #3)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Terrific ending!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Jaye Berry
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, ebooks, sci-fi, 2020, ya
Perfection, absolute perfection. When I say this book was exactly what I ever wanted from this series, I'm not kidding. This was seriously everything and I will never get over this.

I've never been blessed this much?? I can't believe I had doubts on where this book would go. I'm not going to get into too many spoils but this is the finale to this massively underrated series. I want to sob thinking about how underrated and unknown these books are because they truly deserve the world.

This is an
Clephiro
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, scifi, lgbtq
If you haven't read the first two books of this series, I will warn you that this review will contain spoilers for this book and the previous books. I will say this spoiler-free though: The Honors series is criminally underrated. Also, to the person that commented on my last review: poly girlxshipxgirl confirmed. So love isn't just for humans anymore. <3

My thanks to Ann Aguirre and Rachel Caine for not teasing us, or being vague. While there aren't explicit smutty scenes or anything, it's
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult / Science Fiction
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

Honor Lost is the third and final installment in co-authors Rachel Caine & Ann Aguirre's The Honors Trilogy. Picking up right where Honor Bound left off, 16-year old Zara Cole, Bea Teixeria, and their Leviathan ship, Nadim are trying to figure out a way to stop Lifekiller from destroying the galaxy. To make things even more dangerous for the crew, they receive a message from Earth accusing Zara and Bea of unlawful
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 stars

What an ending to this series!

This book is filled with action upon action. When one crisis is averted Zara and her crew have to deal with another threat to the universe.  Its like they are magnet for danger!

Never before in the series has the situation been so dire and desperate.

Lucky for us, Zara has now gathered many friends from the human honors Yusuf, Marko, Chao-Xing and Beatriz to the aliens Suncross and his crew, the Abyin Dommas Starcurrent. Even the reformed phage Xyll is
FearMyBotanyPowers
Oh no. Zara's street skills might not be enough to save them from a THANOS-LEVEL THREAT OH MY COTTON SOCKS WHAT ARE THEY GONNA DO
Becca
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was such a great conclusion to this trilogy. Always wary when heading into a final book but I wasn't disappointed. The romance worked out exactly as I wanted it to! Zara and Bea sharing their love with Nadim.

There are plenty of touching moments between Zara, Nadim, Bea, Starcurrent, Suncross etc. It's amazing how the writers make you feel so connected to such a range of characters and loads of random aliens.

What really stands out across the series is Zara's character development. She
Mila
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt
This was such a nice and satisfying conclusion to a great and unique sci-fi trilogy. The characters and their relationships were especially fascinating, plus Bea and Zara were so cute together! I just wish more people checked out this series, it's criminally underrated, in my opinion.
turniip
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AYYYYYYY! Yall hear that???? Thats the sound of (view spoiler) Imagine me spraying confetti everywhere right about now. (view spoiler)

Space stuff, and sci-fi in general, is INCREDIBLY hit or miss for me. Ive found that I need a LOT of detail, and when things are otherworldly, I can get lost when there isnt enough description or explanation of the
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)

This one was much slower than the first two. It actually didn't pick up until about the last quarter of the book, and it makes me sad to say that I was kind of bored with it in the beginning and middle. It was lacking the magic that the first two books held for me - the first because I was introduced to the world of the Leviathan and the epic concept of their bonding, as well as the world; the second because it felt like Aurora Rising/Aurora Burning with epic space travel, interesting new
Maya
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, sci-fi, lgbtq
I've had this book since it came out but I kept putting it off. I knew once I got into it it would be sooo good and I was right. Honor Lost really leaned into everything that is so good about this series.

I think my only criticism of this book is that it did feel a little too much like things just kept happening in a disjointed path, but even so the things that happen are all pretty great. It kinda felt like 5 episodes of a TV show leading up to the series finale.

One minor thing I thought was
Yels
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, sci-fi, ya, lqbtq
Strong 4 stars for me giving it 5 stars because Caine and Aguirre went for it and I love them for it.

Honor Lost follows Zara, Bea, Nadim, C-X, and the gang from book 1 and 2. They have saved a planet but now the god-king is off somewhere and they are struggling to catch up to him before he destroyed more worlds. Enter Derry who is now an honor and is sent too kill Zara since the Earth drug lord cannot let it go. Men. Anyway, we have space battles and deaths that I did not see coming.

Caine and
Summer
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This conclusion was everything I hoped for by the end of book 1 and more! I laughed out loud, I cried at work during my lunch break (sorry, not sorry coworkers) and I went on an amazing epic adventure!

I honestly haven't read a book that has any f/f action since reading Kim Harrison in highschool but the relationship that developed between f/space whale/f was so beautiful and sweet and not too explicit that it made my straight ass uncomfortable.

I loved the alien races and all the cultural
Kate
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the most underrated YA sci-fi series and I love it so much. The series conclusion was so satisfying and I can't find anything I didn't like about it! This installment is nonstop action, but there are still plenty of wonderful character development moments.

I absolutely adore the central ship in this series--f/f/space whale. I've never seen anything like it and the resolution to the relationship was beautiful! Aside from romance, there are many great friendships in this book. Even the
Darcy
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book, ya, sci-fi, 2020
This book brought about a good close to the series. Zara proved that being herself won people over, through kindness and letting people into her life Zara made friends, friends that helped when things became critical and the fate of the world was at stake. That even the Levithan can learn and change, that they can work together to do something big, become something special. I loved the relationship that Zara, Bea and Nadim had and how the 3 of them worked together.

The ending was great, loved
Sophia Everett
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: want-to-get
I forgot how much I LOVE this series. This left me heartbroken, ecstatic, amazed and just heart warmed. You will smile, laugh and scream, Its basically the perfect space adventure with amazing lizards and space whales all thrown in. ...more
Alexandra
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Review to come!
Sandra
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
3 ½ stars rounded to 4. Honor Lost is the last book in the Honors trilogy. Zara, Bea and Nadines story comes to conclusion in the battle with Lifekiller, the planet devouring enemy. I really liked books one and two and the story of book three but it sort of, as the saying goes, jumped the shark in Honors Lost. Lots of awkward romance between the three didnt lend any richness to the story and leaving those parts rather awkward and out of place. The storyline with Zaras ex and his powerful, amoral ...more
Kryssi D'Eredita
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 ⭐ Id like to rate this higher- that ending was perfect, but there were just too many dragging parts. Its too bad, because the good parts were really good. ...more
Nick
Feb 29, 2020 rated it liked it
It kind of felt like a fanfiction to the first two books if that makes sense.
Bonnie McDaniel
This is the third book in the Honors trilogy, which is a young adult space opera with...space whales! This is the Leviathan, a species that can not only survive and travel in vacuum, but carve out hollows within themselves where human technology can be installed--including docking bays, hatches, and airlocks--and provide oxygen to their passengers. And apparently generate artificial gravity as well. And they can also break the lightspeed barrier, and gain the power to do all this by "recharging" ...more
Heather
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The relationship that has slowly been developing between Zara, Bea, and Nadim comes to fruition in this volume. As a content note, theres not-very-explicit sex of the f/f/sentient-space-whale variety. Its an incredibly beautiful and original poly and queer relationship that I love. Its been a slow-burn relationship over three books with a very soft space whale, and its been absolutely lovely.

There are some great tense scenes in here, and even though it all takes place in space ships theres still
Kristin
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2020-fiction
Wow! What an epic climax, and wonderfully fitting conclusion to this series. Zara Cole's journey has brought her from a scared, young woman to a strong, decisive, adventurous, and loving woman. And the conclusion brought me full circle to the optimism I felt in the first book. But while that first book had naïve optimism, this third book's optimism is hard-won and no longer ignorant of the challenges of the world (and, of course, of space beyond our world) or of the costs of survival!

If there's
S.E. Anderson
Mar 12, 2020 rated it liked it
What a fast and fabulous read! I can't believe the series is over: I'm going to miss them all so much!

While I was a little frustrated by the whole 'start/stop' pacing of this book, it did make it impossible to put down. Some of the plot points felt rather forced in order to pad out the ending. But at the same time, some major things were happening which were really impressive.

I loved seeing Zara, Nadim, and Bea's relationship (HA! RelationSHIP) grow, and I love them to bits. It's a coupling I've
Bethany
Tyler
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great ending to a great series. Zeeraskull, Bea, and Nadim are a power trio. This book doesnt get 5 stars from me because they pretty much raced to the ending with a lot happening and constant fight scenes. Things would be starting to calm down and then, BOOM! Zara get to Ops we have incoming, like damn can we get a break. At least it wasnt all random with the Elaszi and Brusqwiz and the opponents resurfaced later in the book.
I dont read much sci fi anymore but this series held my attention,
Robert Scott
Lindsay
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
This is one of my all-time favorite series. I was sucked in at book one and each new book was just as exciting and satisfying as the last. Zara's voice was just so fresh and real and sassy. I loved Nadim and the whole concept of the Honors and their travels with the Leviathan. I really grew to love every character and the relationships and friendships they formed. The bond between Nadim, Zara, and Bea was so beautiful. Such a satisfying ending to such an epic trilogy.
Ryan
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five plus stars!

I am in inveterate reader. I love science fiction and fantasy. I love this series more than I can tell. It had awesome characters, and interesting and insightful world view. Fabulous aliens and real life challenges. What a great theories-what do you call it why. A. Or adult science fiction it was just a great series. I really hope that these 2 authors decide to Collaborate again!
Caitie (caitiegirlreads)
Still loving this trilogy, however I felt in this third book the plot and ending were rushed with a pretty tied bow conclusion to the series. Hence 4 stars vs 5. That being said I still found great enjoyment in these characters and universe. I definitely recommend even though it is on the weirder side of science fiction with pair bonding and a unconventional alien romance. (Which Im totally down for but its not everyones thing) I will be rereading via audiobook at a later date! ...more

• Shadow Warrior (Shadow Riders, #4)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1)
  • Ogre Enchanted (Ella Enchanted, #0.5)
  • Strange Love (Galactic Love #1)
  • The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • Artificial Condition (The Murderbot Diaries, #2)
  • All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #3)
  • Feed
  • Binti (Binti, #1)
  • A Pale Light in the Black (NeoG #1)
  • Alone in the Wild (Rockton, #5)
  • Let It Snow
  • Under Currents
  • Age of Deception (The Firebird Chronicles, #2)
  • A Longer Fall (Gunnie Rose, #2)

The Honors (3 books)
  • Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1)
  • Honor Bound (The Honors, #2)