Start by marking “Mind Over Clutter: Cleaning Your Way to a Calm and Happy Home” as Want to Read:
Mind Over Clutter: Cleaning Your Way to a Calm and Happy Home

Mind Over Clutter: Cleaning Your Way to a Calm and Happy Home

From the creator of This Girl Can Organise, the ultimate guide to decluttering your home in a fun, sustainable and meaningful way.

Are you drowning in clutter? Do you dread opening your cupboards because of the mess that awaits inside? Are you ready to sort out your house for good and discover a happier, calmer you?

If youve tried and struggled with Marie Kondos The
Published March 14th 2019 by Thorsons

To ask other readers questions about Mind Over Clutter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Over Clutter

Start your review of Mind Over Clutter: Cleaning Your Way to a Calm and Happy Home
Fate's Lady
Nov 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
Here, let me save you some time. Want to organize [space] in your home? Take everything out, clean it, get rid of the stuff you don't need to keep, and then put everything else back away ~but neatly~. Her advice on KEEPING things organized? Just do it. Ooooookay.
Rebecca
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I dont know why I read decluttering books when these days, my home is mostly clutter free. I guess its because each book sort of re-motivates me to keep on top of it and reminds me of the benefits.. I like these little bits of motivation even though Im reading what I already know and live, and in many cases have read before. I actually liked the first few chapters were Nicola explained who she is and how a job lay off lead her to setting up a decluttering business. ...more
Biba
Jan 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
Två tankar som dök upp upprepade gånger: DIWhy??? och Duh!!. Att lyssna på organisera-ditt-liv-böcker brukar jag tycka är mysigt och lugnande- denna hade helt motsatt effekt. ...more
BeesReads
Jan 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2020, non-fiction
A quick read. Didn't tell me anything new about decluttering. I'm someone who reads decluttering, organizing and business/management books as lightweight entertainment. This definitely falls into the lightweight category.

Quibbles:
- "take everything out" (of whichever room you are working on). And put it where, exactly?
- assumes that whatever room you are decluttering (even a garage or shed) can be done in one afternoon or day. This is patently a woman who doesn't understand the real meaning of
Hannah Arndt
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I follow TGCO on Instagram so was intrigued to see what this book had to offer. I think I should have opted for the physical book, rather than audio as it was a little unrehearsed and difficult to follow. The tips were a little bit repetitive but I really like Nicola's emphasis in reducing unnecessary plastic use, upcycling, gifting and of course her eco cleaners 🙂
Maria
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a massive fan of TGCO on Instagram, and pre-ordered this book prior to the release date.

It is the perfect accompaniment to her Instagram page, but in one handy volume, a reference, rather than having to scroll through lots of posts, highlights etc to find what you need.

I already use a few of TGCO techniques, and can honestly say that they do make life so much easier! And tgis book will help me keep on track, and implement more. Life can sometimes be chaotic, so anything helps right?!

Before
Christina
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After following Nicola on Instagram for some time and loving her organising tips I decided to purchase this book to accompany it. Its full of handy tips and eco cleaning information. Its certainly made me more aware of how important it is to be recycling and repurposing items.

I read it from front to back but its great to use as a reference for things and the pages are easy enough to find. I found I already knew a majority of the tips listed because Ive been following her for a while but others
CCrowest
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some fantastic, natural, cleaning product recipes and some good storage solutions as well as practical advice and contacts for donating unwanted goods. Great if youre environmentally conscious. These positives outweighed the slow start and slightly repetitive and patronising parts of the book, e.g. be careful with knives. Its easy to cut yourself. Thanks.....
Also worth saying that I do feel a lot of the information from the book is probably available on her instagram page
Donna
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very nicely organized (of course) book on decluttering, organizing and cleaning. Love the diy cleaners and her top tips for all of it. I found Nicola on Instagram somehow. I enjoy watching her help her clients flutter and find homes for all their stuff. I like that she lists out resources for donating you extra stuff.
clare louise westlake
What a great book!

This book is packed with useful tips and tricks on organising and decluttering the whole house. I will definitely be using the recipes for homemade cleaning products, I've been trying hard to go more eco friendly so this will help. Highly recommended
Niamh bonner
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Self help to a healthy home and mind. I really enjoyed this book. It had made the job of decluttering my home so much less stressful. Also being read by the writer I felt like she was there championing my every task.
Romany
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: discard-studies
I like this authors Instagram account. The book showcased the advice shared through that account. It just didnt seem to have a coherent overview or approach. The lists of advice may be helpful for some. ...more
Leanne Keenoo
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I follow this lady on Instagram and really like her method of decluttering and keeping your house clean. Not that I manage it most of the time mind you.
This book is full of handy tips and easy to read as a whole or just dip in and out of
Stacey Hatfield
Jun 05, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Nice reference 've book about decluttering. It gives you list of things that you can do and special cleaners that you can make on your own.

The author is just telling you step by step methods of bei my more organized. Disorganization is form of stress..
Emma Clarke
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Packed full of useful advice and ideas on how to declutter your home. My favourite part was the non-toxic cleaner ideas, once Ive finally used all my zoflora Ill be making my own with vinegar and essential oils. ...more
Jenny
Jan 13, 2020
Jackie Evans
Dec 02, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hinch Yourself Happy: All The Best Cleaning Tips To Shine Your Sink And Soothe Your Soul
  • A Life Less Throwaway: The Lost Art of Buying for Life
  • The Lady In The Van
  • The Book You Wish Your Parents Had Read (and Your Children Will Be Glad That You Did)
  • Declutter: The get-real guide to creating calm from chaos
  • The Christmasaurus and the Winter Witch
  • When Less Becomes More: Making Space for Slow, Simple, and Good
  • Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas
  • It's Not OK to Feel Blue (and other lies): Inspirational people open up about their mental health
  • I Love You Too Much
  • Adults
  • Part-Time Working Mummy: A Patchwork Life
  • The Lying Room
  • Decluttering at the Speed of Life: Winning Your Never-Ending Battle with Stuff
  • The Cut Out Girl: A Story of War and Family, Lost and Found