Start by marking “Back to September” as Want to Read:
Back to September

Back to September

Hannah Shephard likes her life, her job, and her perfectly cozy apartment around the corner from her shop. She’s never been one to take big risks and would much rather stay in on a Friday night with a warm cup of decaf and her favorite mystery novel, so why do her friends insist she needs more? Plus, Hannah has bigger problems to focus on. She’s in trouble. Well, her books ...more
Published November 12th 2019 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Back to September, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back to September

Start your review of Back to September
Lex Kent
4.50 Stars. This was Brayden in all her usual brilliance. Brayden is the queen of lesfic romance and I’m not overstating when I say that. This was everything I was hoping for. It’s so nice to read authors like Brayden where you expect a great book and she almost always delivers. I absolutely recommend this one to romance fans.

This is a story about Hannah who owns a small bookstore. The store is struggling to stay afloat so Hannah takes a chance on getting a popular romance author, named Parker,
Diane Wallace
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
'ARC provided by both NetGalley and The Publisher in exchange for a honest review'

**'Sometimes a few sentence can be enough to fill any reader's imagination completely.And sometimes a book's title is enough..Composition is a discipline, it forces us as readers to think or imagine..'

'BACK TO SEPTEMBER' can best be described as a gorgeously rendered, risk filled narration of a friendship turning to a relationship threatened to be derail by fear, guilt and long distance that was set against the bac
Corporate Slave
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Melissa Brayden is good for your heart!!
The storytelling was brilliant, amazing dialogue, and incredible writing style! This is a very solid book as expected from the author :)
What I liked most about this specific book is the characters! Parker was just sexy, kick ass and obviously brilliant at what she does. But then she really didn’t do Hannah well and normally I should’ve been very pissed off at her, but the brilliance of the author made me “feel her”.. I could understand why she did what sh
Bethany
So before you get all mad at me for my review on this one, I have to admit that I think I'm in a romance funk at the moment... A lot of others have already reviewed this one in great detail and loved it, so I'll try to keep this short and just hit on my feelings.

This book has a ton of positives in it to mention! I love how Brayden ignored the typical lesfic outline and the characters paths weren't the same 'ol, same 'ol pattern. She choose to take a left where most others following the tradition
Alexis
So many great reviews already out there for this book so I'll keep this short.

First off, I liked the book well enough but was I over the moon for it? No. Despite liking some of the characters and enjoying their character arc and personal growth, I had a hard time connecting with some of the other characters and was left feeling a little frustrated after the book ended.

Although I liked the chemistry and flirty moments a lot between Hannah and Parker, I wish we had more time and scenes with the
Jude in the Stars
There’s been a lot of internal screaming while I was reading this book. And ache. Because it’s so good. Melissa Brayden is an automatic read for me at this point, and I didn’t even glance at the blurb before opening her latest book. So it came as a very good surprise that, as a romance writer, she created a character who is some sort of a book snob and won’t showcase a book in her bookstore because it’s a romance novel. « I’d read a handful in my teens and enjoyed them well enough, that is, unti ...more
Tiff
Can we all take a second to jump up and down that Melissa Brayden has a new book out? You can stay seated but know, I jumped up and down with excitement and glee. The books Brayden writes just bring me so much happiness and joy. I live for her stories, her amazing characters, and their witty dialogue. Back to September does not let me down. What a wonderful book!

Hannah Shephard’s book store is in trouble. It’s in the red and even though it’s in an amazing location in Providence, it just does not
Sprinkles
I went into this book with a bit of guilt, strangely enough. I'd scored big time by getting an ARC midway into October, but then life just knocked me over and I didn't want that kind of stress affecting my reading experience. So, here I am in November, finally finished and I'm glad I'd waited.

This, this right here, is a very lovely book. It gave me the feels, which is exactly what Melissa Brayden was put on this planet to do for us wlw readers. And I'll be honest: I really avoid first-person boo
MJS
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Ok... I’m going to be the outlier here, because a quick glance at the reviews shows me that people loved this.... and I did not. In fact, it was almost a DNF, and I never thought I’d say that about a Brayden book.

This was my final ARC from last month, I usually leave Brayden’s books til last since she can be counted on for a sweet, lovely romance. This was, well, not quite that. I can’t say why I didn’t like this book without majorly
Morgan
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f-romance
I was not anticipating this simple romance novel to jar me so completely. There is no arguing that Melissa Brayden is a terrific writer. In the world of lesfic shes top notch with her ability to completely suck you in. In the worlds she creates, her characters are real, flawed, and undeniably relatable.

The novel tells the story of Hannah, an indie bookstore owner, who falls in love with hotshot writer Parker. They fall in love against all odds and under difficult circumstances.

It was
Agirlcandream
First off, I loved the opening chapters featuring the struggles of our erstwhile bookseller Hannah Shepherd. How can you not love a book which opens with “Good morning, books,” when she opens A Likely Story each morning. Brayden touches on the reality of bookstores and their lack of sales and as an ebook reader I am sorry to see the small stores closing down. I do feel guilty, I do.

I also liked her characters discussion on Hannah being a book snob, assuming romance novels are shallow and read by
Carrie
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
You can't go wrong with a Melissa Brayden romance. Seriously, you can't. Buy all of her books.

Hannah is a semi book snobbish owner of a book store. She prefers the classics to romance novels. An employee convinces her to showcase a romantic new release and try to get the author to visit on a book tour to drum up a bit of publicity for the shop. Since it hasn't been fairing well financially.

Parker is a celebrity romance author as a result of her sharp wit and social media commentary. She meets H
Rosi
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I see a new book available from this author, I don't doubt it for a moment because I know it won't let me down. As for romance novels they have everything I look for: they have a good story that develops with coherence, their protagonists have depth and reflect their actions, there is consistent dialogue and there is always chemistry and a lot of feeling.

This time the story involves two very different women in terms of personality and professional level. Hannah is the owner of a bookstore i
CLo
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whenever you pick up a Melissa Brayden book you know are picking up a quality romance with lovable characters and a good story line. Back to September is no different. It's filled with angst created only by the main characters which is nice because most of the time drama/angst is created from outside sources (if that makes sense). I'll be honest, this one took me until the introduction of Parker to real get into but once I did, I almost couldn't put it down. Brayden does a great job with dialogu ...more
Betty
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh My God! This has to be one of the best contemporary romance novels I’ve read in quite a while. Melissa Brayden has outdone herself with Back to September, and that is saying something since she is such an outstanding contemporary romance author.

Ms. Brayden tells this story through the eyes of Hannah Shephard using first person POV. Hannah is the owner of a small bookstore in Providence, Rhode Island called A Likely Story. The business is struggling to stay afloat, and Hannah decides to try an
Bugs
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've recently become a big fan of Melissa Brayden's books, although, I must say, I didn't catch the Brayden bug until much later. Yeh, until I read her last book, "Beautiful Dreamer," which sealed the deal for me. My all-time favourite Brayden book yet. Something to be said about one's first, eh? Anyway, since then, I'd raced through her entire catalogue and got all caught up. So, when her latest outing, "Back to September," was released, I had to explore it, obviously.

First off, as I began read
JulesGP
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A famous romance author does a book signing at a quaint, cozy shop in Providence, RI. Mega fireworks ignite between the celebrity and the down to earth store owner. There’s plenty of steam and good banter that’ll leave you grinning. Back and forth angst. Just enough humor to keep it from getting heavy.

Save this one for when you’re feeling down or out of sorts because it’s warm breezes and sunshine most of the way. Not to say it’s all fluff because Brayden is a class A wordsmith who can write me
Luce
5 Stars – Brayden is Back in Back to September!

For whatever reason and unlike most readers, I couldn’t get into Brayden’s Seven Shores series. For the most part I loved her previous books. The first book of the series, Eyes Like Those, I stopped and started but I couldn’t finish. I even tried the audiobook. I was so disappointed; I didn’t pick up any of her new books. Therefore, I haven’t read a new Brayden in quite a while.

This book came up on my Netgalley list and I decided to give it a shot.
Gaby LezReviewBooks
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hannah Shephard is a bookshop owner who loves her uncomplicated and risk-averse life. Her bookstore is having issues and she might be forced to close it for good. When she invites world-renowned author romance novelist Parker Bristow her luck is about to change. But what isn’t in her plans is their mutual attraction and chemistry which leads to a shared evening and the possibility of more…

You cannot go wrong with Melissa Brayden’s books. They all do what it says on the tin, they will provide you
Margaret
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: l-words, 4-5
Detailed score: 4.5 rounded up

Brayden is back! Not that she’d gone far - for she is never anything less than ‘good’. But oh this book was her back to her very best.

Part of what made it was so good was watching her - not just avoid - but excel at things that have tripped up so many a lesrom writer; in particular

- this book takes places over a couple of years but at no stage did it feel rushed. It made the romance more realistic and allowed for realistic barriers to a HEA.

- linked to the above; i
Joc
This felt different from the last few Brayden novels I’ve read and it’s a good difference. I loved it. Hannah Shephard runs her quiet bookshop in Providence the same way she lives her life. She doesn’t take risks or live wildly but she has to do something about her shop if she wants to keep it. On the suggestion of one of her employees she sends a request for a romance writer to do a book signing in her shop. Although Hannah isn’t a romance reader, Parker Bristow as a person is hard to resist.

Ha
Les Rêveur
I adored every second of reading the beautiful story. I’ve read every single Melissa Brayden book ever published and it astounds me how every book she has written is flawless. And this book is no different, in fact, it packed a few new punches that had me in my element.

This is my new favourite Brayden book. Grab some good vino, chocolate, a box of tissues and a blanket and settle in for the night because this is a book you’re not gonna want to put down.

Full review through the link below:
https:/
Paradise Lost
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f
I'm a little surprised by how much I liked this! The last few Brayden books didn't do much for me, but this was great. Yes, there were some issues that got to me, it wasn't perfect, but those issues didn't take away my enjoyment factor. and, even though the story was completely different, it had very similar vibes to strawberry summer, first position, and waiting in the wings, which are my favourite Brayden novels.

The one thing that does not me sometimes about her work is... I feel like that ch
Alex
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book. It got me crying, laughing, suffering along the plot and wanting to shake some sense in to them.

Parker was so frustrating, but charming, and cute and sexy. Hannah was just the best. Her kindness, wit, her capacity for love and forgiveness. I have a huge crush on Hannah.

I want to read it again just so I can enjoy it one more time. I need sequels, I need to know more about Luna and Bo.
AnnMaree Of Oz
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Linda
If you are a Brayden fan, you probably don’t want to miss BTS (no, not the Korean boy band)... there’s just nothing not to like or love... Go ahead, read the blurb. Read the reviews. I’m not gonna give a long review. Just a snapshot. Story was one hell of a roller coaster ride... I just LOVED it! Loved the story, the plot, the dialogues and the 2 MCs... Though there were times when I just wanted to strangle one of the MCs - no prizes for guessing who I wanted to strangle... And the cabin scene j ...more
Clare Ashton
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kept me up until the early hours - because angst! chemistry! I love it when a book hooks you and won't let you go. Goes on the reread pile. ...more
Pinkdturtle tina
Nov 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
It’s a DNF for me. I think this probably the first Brayden book I haven’t finished. This book didn’t sit well with me at all, I tried and tried to get into it but it wasn’t happening.
Felt very different from her other books.
R
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Brayden has created another interesting storyline with characters to match. Her dialogue, as usual, was witty and emotional, and always engaging.

This story was told from Hannah’s perspective, the owner of a small town bookstore that was struggling to survive… until the famous romance novelist Parker Bristow agreed to do a book signing at her store and provided that much needed spark for the bookstore…and its owner. The women soon found themselves enjoying a night of fun and pleasure wit
Danni Mladenovic
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, it has everything! It's funny, it's emotional, it's warm, it literally makes you fall in love with every single character in it! Melissa Brayden is a mastermind of romance genre! There are a lot of excellent writers of this genre, but what makes a difference between and excellent one and an outstanding one is a minor characters' development. Melissa has it to perfection in every single book of hers! You can't just go through them without actually warming up to them significantly and almost k ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Wrong Number, Right Woman
  • The Road Home
  • Fear of Falling
  • Those Who Wait
Melissa Brayden is the multi-award winning author of sixteen women-loving-women romance novels and is hard at work on more. She is a wine enthusiast, a fan of all donuts, and is probably staring off into space as you're reading this. ...more

News & Interviews

“When you fall in love, it changes you. I didn’t know that before. It’s this all-encompassing connection to another person that leaves you open to whatever they decide to do to you or throw your way. Who knew that we gave each other such power?” 0 likes