Start by marking “From Breath and Ruin (Elements of Five, #1)” as Want to Read:
From Breath and Ruin (Elements of Five, #1)

(Elements of Five #1)

It is said the Spirit Priestess will one day unite the two Kingdoms of the Maison Realm. She will one day fight alongside Wielders and unlock the five elements of power.

It wasn’t until I nearly died that I realized they were talking about me. They tell me
Published March 19th 2019 by Carrie Ann Ryan

To ask other readers questions about From Breath and Ruin, please sign up.
Carrie Ryan Yes, this is a young adult fantasy romance series.
Carrie Ryan yes! From Breath and Ruin is the first book in the Elements of Five series.

Start your review of From Breath and Ruin (Elements of Five, #1)
Carrie Ryan
Oct 24, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

Read TODAY

And once you read, join the discussion group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/Eleme...

In her YA debut, New York Times bestselling author Carrie Ann Ryan dives into a world with magic and sacrifice with the Elements of Five.

Five hu
Elle Kennedy

Read it here
Five hundred years ago, the Maison Realm was shattered, divided into warring kingdoms of el
Rachel Dyken
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredible world building!
Penny Reid
Mar 19, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

Sarina Bowen

Meghan March

Malissa
Fast and Furious, just finished, Review will change.

I was so excited when I got the chance to read an early copy of this book! Carrie Ann Ryan is a favorite romance author of mine and the knowledge that she was putting out a YA Fantasy just had me giddy!

I fell in love with most of these characters within the first few pages.

Lyric is so many of us both in our youth and out of it. The feeling of not knowing who you are or what you want, but knowing there is something out there for you, that you
Stacia | stacialovestoread
DNF at page 97.

First off, thank you so much to Carrie Ann Ryan & to Entangled Teen Publishing for sending me this book ahead of release for me to review!

I feel bad for DNFing this one, it has so much potential. The background of a girl who doesn’t know she has magic and is destined to save a world she didn’t know existed is becoming more common in YA, and when executed properly, can make for quite an interesting story. However, I don’t think this one hit the mark. There are portions of “day to
Ilsa Madden-Mills

Novel Grounds
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Wow. I didn't think I could be more of a fan of this authors writing, but she went and wrote a YA novel that I was unable to stop while reading. A page turned full of magic and plot twists with a cast of characters that I fell for.

The friendships in this story were just as important as the plot itself. You aren't sure what to invest yourself in with this read, but the one thing you can trust is that you are invested in finishing it.

Then things pick dup and I was yelling at my book.

Page after p
Charina❁・゚゚・。♡。゚✾
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of paranormal, fantasy, and young adult genres
Recommended to Charina❁・゚゚・。♡。゚✾ by: Goodreads Book Giveaway (won)
My first time reading from this author and I am eager to read more from Carrie Ann Ryan! From Breath and Ruin is the beginning of the new "Elements of Five" series, which is also her first YA series. Greatly enjoyed all the strong and well developed characters; fascinating journey through intricate dreams and a new world; intriguing and awesome magic; many plot twists; and complex relationships. It was fantastic and I loved reading it!! I cannot wait to read the second book!!

I won this ebook adv
Meghan Quinn

Jessica Hawkins

Willow Winters

Sydney (sydneysshelves) West
Not a very unique YA fantasy. very tropey. But if that's what your looking for, it did it well. The writing was more than decent. And the characters were intriguing. The romance was heavy and a little much for me personally. But I'm sure teenagers will love it. Interested to see how the author's writing style and voice changes in the future.
Judi
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From Breath and Ruin starts off with your average high school graduate, Lyric, trying to map her future and feeling pressured by her parents. But Lyric’s world view is about to be blown to smithereens. In a realm she didn’t know existed she wants to help rescue her new friend and maybe much more.

This mythology is handed out piecemeal so I was constantly looking for clues and totally absorbed in Lyric’s journey. The Maison Realm is brought to vivid reality as well as the inhabitants or elemental
Leopardwolf
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW what an amazing start to what promises to be another fabulous series.
I immersed myself totally into this book. From the outset I was gripped and engaged with Lyric, Braelynn and Emory and the dynamics of their friendships and the paths that they were going to take.
But then all hell breaks loose and I found myself right there next to them as they went on their adventure and I was standing with them as they fought their fight.
I cried, I cheered and I shouted at the ereader more than once.
I f
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy, 2019
This is such a great start to a new series, I can hardly wait to see what happens next. I was quickly drawn into this story and didn’t want to put it down. The plot is tightly woven, the characters complex and intriguing. This is a great book and I look forward to reading what happens next.
Coco.V
Jun 18, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (6/18/2020)! 🎁 ...more
Louise Bay

Timitra
I was excited to read From Breath and Ruin because of the premise but it didn't work for me for a few reasons. I struggled with getting into the story and being invested in the characters. I felt like they went over the same things especially at the beginning and I couldn't get a read on Lyric's personality. That said there were things that intrigued me so much so that I am interested to see where the author is going with it. I'm trumping this up to first book in a series syndrome and hoping tha ...more
Julia Kent
Mar 19, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

K. Bromberg

Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 1 of Elements of Five From Breath and Ruin by Carrie Anne Ryan.
I’ve got to admit I struggled getting into this book as a ebook but then started the audiobook and couldn’t turn it off. I devoured the first 16 chapters in no time.
Lyric is a just about to go to college kid that still hasn’t figured out what she wants to do with her life but everyone around her seems to have there life sorted.
Lyric has been having horrible nightmares that feel like they are trying to tell her something but s
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 1 of Elements of Five From Breath and Ruin by Carrie Anne Ryan.
Payne’s Bookworm Reviews (Samantha Payne)
HOLY MOLY!!! Carrie Ann Ryan you have done it once again, another FANTABULOUS book. I am a HUGE fan of your work but you have blown my mind with this story. I know you are new and worried about writing a YA book but you have done an ABSOLUTE FANTASTIC job. I really don’t know what to say that can honestly do justice with how wonderfully you have done with this book.

Lyric thought she was a typical 18 year old stressing about what she would be majoring in college, she never would have thought tha
Hsu Lee
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
It was a great book !
I have to be honest and say that I was a little confuse at the beginning of the book.
As I read the book, then I understood what the book was about.
Lyric is supposed to be the Spirit Priestess reincarnated or chosen like Buffy.
She is supposed to unite all the kingdoms into 1 like it used to be.
She doesn't know all of that, because she grew up on the Earth realm.
She was not aware that magi
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I love the world Carrie has created! It's full of magic, other worlds and realms, the girl who can't find her place - not knowing who she really is, or what she is capable of and what she means to thousands in the other realms. As Lyric is drawn into the war between the realms, she begins to find herself, even as sh doubts she the answer to the Prophecy. She learns not only are things not as they seem. neither are her friends. This is pulse pounding beginning to the series that left me brea ...more
Teresa Lara
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Lyric and Rhodes so ready for more.Such an action packed exciting amazing story.
Natalie
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What would you do if someone told you that not only was there another plane of existence, you and all the other people that were from that plane were magic, but you were also the salvation for that other world?
Lyric may have needed to take a deep breathe and make sure she wasn't loosing touch with reality, but she was a whole lot braver than I know I could ever be. Going on this great adventure to Maison with Lyric, Rhodes, Braelynn, and Luken has left me wanting so much more. I can't wait to fi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Romance Retreat: From Breath and Ruin - Chapter One 1 7 Mar 13, 2019 05:03AM
Romance Retreat: From Breath and Ruin - A closer look 2 7 Feb 12, 2019 11:58AM
Romance Retreat: From Breath and Ruin - Coming Soon! 1 6 Jan 30, 2019 05:23PM

• Rivals (Dragon Reign #1)
  • Lost Souls (Mending Magic #1)
  • Prodigy (13 Covens, #1)
  • Chaos Theory (The Sanguine Crown #1)
  • Catacombs (Academy of Ancients #1)
  • Stranger
  • The Healer (The Healer, #1)
  • Spiral (Spiral #1)
  • Acts of Mercy (Mercy Temple Chronicles #1)
  • Fate Bound (Fate Bound Saga #1)
  • Dawn of Dreams (Destiny #1)
  • Cyber's Change (Sapiens Run #1)
  • Awaking (The Naturals, #1)
  • Premonition (The Division #1)
  • Frost (Midnight Ice, #1)
  • Dragon Knights Anthology Volume 1
  • Ravenite (Vengeance and Vampires, #1)
  • Bound by Earth (The Nature Hunters Academy, #1)
Carrie Ann Ryan is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary, paranormal, and young adult romance. Her works include the Montgomery Ink, Talon Pack, Promise Me, and Elements of Five series, which have sold millions of books worldwide. She's the winner of a RT Book of the Year and a Prism Award in her genres. She started writing while in graduate school for her advanced de ...more

Elements of Five (4 books)
  • From Flame and Ash (Elements of Five, #2)
  • From Spirit and Binding (Elements of Five, #3)
  • From Shadow and Silence (Elements of Five, #4)