Start by marking “Nicole (The Mate Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nicole (The Mate Series, #1)

Nicole

(The Mate Series #1)

Nicole Callahan, mate to fierce and brooding VC Warrior Damon DeMasters, has been trying to find her place in his world. Without a doubt, it’s been interesting, but she believes there’s a lot more she can offer the children she spent so much of her human life fighting for.

The Mate series delves into the kickass world of the Warriors’ mates and how united, they can make a
Published February 27th 2019 by Indie Digital Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Nicole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nicole

Pam
Before you start reading, you must have a few things. Tissues, Water/Drink, Food near by, because once you start, you wont want to put it down!. I would also suggest that you read The Protectors Series 1st. It would help you identify the characters in this book. This book pulls at so many emotions. It made me laugh out loud. It had me squirming in my seat. On My Goodness that Damon is so very sexy. This book made me very angry at times. I wanted to knock a few Warriors heads... It also made me c ...more
Laura Johnson
HELL YEAH!!! I've enjoyed the Protectors series from Teresa Gabelman. Each book is truly engaging, suspenseful, hilarious, and sexy. I've enjoyed each one of them. I was so excited to read Nicole’s story and how she tries to fit in being a warrior, despite’s her mate’s concerns. I can't wait to explore and experience the journeys of the mates as we've done for the warriors.
Nikki Pearce
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG. Nicole is absolutely one of the best books I’ve read EVER.
I didn’t think Teresa could top The Protectors series but man she has. And this is only book 1
Nicole loves Damon with everything she has and wants to be a Warrior. However something is missing for her. She decides to go back to her job as a social worker because helping kids is what she does.
And boy is she glad she has. Something is amiss with the children in some foster homes.
New and old enemies surface. Can the Mates band togeth
Theresa Coronado
I have read all her books and this spin off is. ( I KNOW WILL BE AWESOME !! ) going to be just as great as her others. If you haven't read Teresa,s books YOU are missing out.. Im not good at expressing my thoughts but you will be very glad you did. Start with the protector series.
.Ive read them all 5times and they never get old.
Kodie Mackay
Hell fuck yes. this was needed.

Firstly whilst this 'could' be read as a standalone, Don't do it. You are spitting yourself in doing so. In order to truly grasp this story and the meaning behind what these ladies are doing and to really understand it .. you need to go back to where it all began. Do it, I promise you won't regret it and further more you'll FEEL so much more. Seriously, I was practically beating my chest whilst mind shouting WOMENPOWER through parts of this story like some crazy b
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv
Nicole, The Mates Book #1 by Teresa Gabelman
I received this book from the author for an honest review.
WHAT!!!! OMG THIS BOOK!!! I am so excited for this series. When Teresa told us she was thinking about it, I flipped my SHIT!! I mean we fall in love with these ladies in their stories but then we don’
Erica Tyre
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great, but..

I have read all of the previous series several times each. It’s nice to revisit the characters from a different angle. I loved Nicole’s character development in this book. The only thing missing was Damon’s perspective. I wish it had alternated a bit more between the two, but we only see Damon’s point of view a couple of very brief times, and it tells us almost nothing about what he’s thinking and how he’s working his way through things (especially the heavy bag scene). I finished th
Shelley
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Warriors’ Mates❣

I have always loved the VC Warriors and their mates and I was pleasantly surprised when Teresa mentioned she was doing a series that was going to feature the mates of those kickass Warriors! Nicole and Damon are the first to find each other, so it only stands to reason that Nicole is first on this list😀

Nicole was human before Damon turned her and after that happened she left the Agency she worked for and only helped out on occasion. She now feels as though she will not be her
Mari (Smut Duchess)
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, paranormal, ku-ru
3.75 ⭐

This was a KU. I read Damon (The Protectors, #1) by Teresa Gabelman back in 2012 when I was going through my Vamp stage. I skimmed through Damon again so I'd know the characters. I liked catching up with Damon and Nicole but I had no clue who most of the characters were or the series story arc. It wasn't so confusing I couldn't keep up and most of the book was about Damon and Nicole's evolving relationship. The writing was good and I enjoyed reading a book about vamps again.
Cailin
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I need more now!!!!!

Ohhhh, it was wonderful to see the mates of the VC Warriors assert themselves! When Nicole decides she needs to start helping foster kids again, she enlists the aid of the other mates. When they uncover a dangerous evil, tensions and tempers flair between the guys and gals and expose what could be life altering issues.

With ups, downs, and emotional roller coastering, this story will pull you in and hold on tightly. Just hold on and ride it 'till the end, you'll be glad you d
Heather andrews
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Damon's disposition is still quite charming, “ges, they are still working,” Damon growled. “And the next mothereffer who asks me is going to get punched in the mouth. Jesus, Steve is the only one who hasn’t asked.” I liked seeing the women become strong and fighting for what they want and just not taking their men's crap.
Lisa Book Shelf
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nuole

I am glad too see the vamp crew again and the women take on the social welfare system where the stories all begin. Can we find Mitch a hot vampire mate maybe? Love this take on this beloved series.
Jaime
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really loved getting to see the mates side of the series! It was different than any other series I've read. So not only is TG still on my auto buy list she is at the top! I cant wait for more on all of the characters. Still one of my favorite series ever!
Kristi Metcalf
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader’s Copy of this book

Look out VC Warriors the Warriorettes are coming!!!! Lol!!!
Nicole is the first book in the VC Warrior Mates series and oh boy these ladies love their alpha mates, but they aren’t taking it anymore!!!
Nicole heads back to work for Mitch are Social Services, without talking to Damon about it; hee, hee, hee, and does she have a doozy of a first day back.
First off I absolutely love that we are going to get more Warriors. Secondly, that we a
*Flora*
An Explosive Start To The Mates Series

The first chapter was fantastic; I loved the banter (which happily continues throughout) and although I had moments of reluctance - I find stories about children being abused very, very hard to deal with - I love Nicole Callahan and the way her "unscheduled home visit" to Carly was written and I loved meeting the new characters - Vanessa is amazing and will fit in perfectly with the mates and Pike is obviously warrior material.

Those of you that have read my
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.
How can Teresa make the mates of the VC Warriors live up to the men? Well let me tell you she did it. These fierce women are strong willed, bad ass, and do not need a warrior at her back every second of the day to save her. These women can handle their own but it is nice to have a warrior at their side.
Nicole loves Damon but has a feeling she is losing herself. She misses her work and believes she can and must help the children in the foster
Julie Tinkler
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seems like Teresa Gabelman can write anything and I devour every book she releases!
Fantastic read.
Loved all the Protectors series and now we have the Women doing their thing although the Warrior men are Not happy about that.

The first off is Nicole Damon’s mate Absolutely Loved her in Damon’s book but now she is truely showing her fighter and protective side and doing it so I well loved that damon supported her.. eventually ( but I think he secretly supported her anyway) can’t wait to read more o
Cora Murray
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Teresa has done it again, she’s drawn me head first back into the world of The Protectors, but this time it’s about their mates. The first book in the series is about Nicole. she’s tough as Damon and she has to be to keep him firmly in his place as her partner and mate. I love that you get to see the whole gang together again and now you get to see those badass women taking charge. If you loved the men in The Protectors you’ll love getting to see life through their mates povs. I have to say from ...more
LellaBella
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TERESA GABELMAN YOU GODDESS!!!!
This was everything I could’ve hoped for in Nicole’s book and so much more!! 💜
I DEVOURED IT!! Started and finished it today and proud of it!! 😏

There aren’t words to describe how much I loved this book, Nicole is the type of character/person I aspire to be like (strong, independent, kind, empathetic, outspoken, loving, etc.) and Damon...*swoons* need I say more? 💜💜

Can’t WAIT for Tessa’s book 🤞🏻 to finally find out what’s going on with Jared and what’s going to hap
Becky Smouse
Love the Mates

This is definitely one of my absolute favorite series. I love every single book. How every book centers on one couple, but everyone is an important characters in each story. The women are strong, independent and powerful in their own right. With each book, things get wonkier and wonkier. I do not do spoilers, so I will just say that I loved Nicole just as much as I loved the first book Damon. He was and amazing mate in this. Slade and Jill have always been my favorite couple, but D
Nikki
50 STARS WOULD NOT BE ENOUGH. MUST READ

OMG. Nicole is absolutely one of the best books I’ve read EVER.
New and old en
Cathy Campbell Strickland
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Teresa Gabelman has done it again!! Just when you think she couldn’t possibly top her last book...she not only tops it but goes way over the top!! She has taken the series The Protecters, a series we all love and adore, did a spin-off with The Mates and took it too a whole new level!! The Mates Series centers on the point of view of the Mates of those sexy Warriors!! Only Teresa Gabelman could write a scene in which I want to strangle all of my beloved Warriors and lick them at the same time!! T ...more
Alyce Rogers
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! I loved this book with all my heart

There are literally no words to describe how absolutely incredible this book was. I have read it none stop since it's release 2 days ago not wanting to miss a beat. The girl power, struggles of life, friendships and relationships that radiate from this book are parallel to the world we live in today.
Teresa Gabelmen makes you feel as though you are a part of their world and not just reading a page of her book. Every time I pick up one of her books I get
Mary Gregg
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great addition to the series!

I’m so happy The Protectors series is still going strong with the addition of “Nicole” (The Mate Series)!!! This series is best enjoyed by reading them in order starting with “Damon” (The Protectors series) because each book builds off the previous one and the H/h appear in following stories of each Warrior. If you like paranormal romance with some steam, humor, action/adventure and of course romance?? Don’t miss this series! You will be happy to find a new favorite
Chrystal Riley
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I had such high hopes for this book. I just felt it was very rushed and some of the jokes are sadly way over used and are no longer funny. It needs fresh material.

I LOVE the protectors series. The series has some of the best one liners I’ve ever read and always makes me laugh. I have however been finding more and more mistakes with the story line as the series goes on.

I really hope she slows down her writing and pays attention to what she has said in the past cos it’s getting to be a very messy
Sandy Bowers
10 STARS!!!!

I'm loving the new Mates series!!! I did want to strangle Nicole though. She knew how Damon was from the beginning, so why act shocked when he got overprotective? It seemed she threw herself quite a few pity parties. But through it all, Damon just did what he always had, supported her and loved her. But overall I LOVED the book!!! I love this series, and can't wait for the next Mates book, and the next VC Warriors book!! Actually, I'll be happy as hell for the next ANYTHING Teresa Ga
Linda
Loved It!

I have read the entire Protector series several times. It never gets old. This new mates series is starting out to be exciting. It digs deeper into the mate’s and the warrior’s hopes and fears. The story shows a different side of them. Don’t get me wrong, the love, fighting, problems, solutions are still there, but it goes the extra mile to show how they love and fight, what the deepest problems are and how they find the solutions. I have several new books waiting to be read, but I thin
Whispers From
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Nicole is a vampire, mated to Damon, and wants to be a Warrior. But they won’t let her so she has decided to go back to child protective services and work. Something dark is out there and taking children. This is a new evil they must fight and when most of the women join Nicole, it causes problems with some of the mates.
I love this series and this new series is going to be kickass. The women are strong and sexy. Action, vampires, witches, and more. Steamy and I almost cried .
Tammy Choate
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That will go over well like a fart in a space suit

Absolutely loved this! Damon has been my favorite from the 1st of the original series and to have another book with and Nicole made my reading an all nighter. We get to have a little Jared, Sid, Sloan, Slade, Adam, and STEVE! I've missed him.
I am excited to see Teresa make a new series thats continuing with the mates. She did an amazing job and kept me entertained throughout the book. I see Tessa and Jared's next but who knows. Maybe Slade and J
Eileen Carroll
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nicole kicks butt!!

When I saw that Nicole's book was being released, I went back to my library and read the Protectors series again (3rd time) to re-acquaint myself with the characters. I absolutely love this series and I was not disappointed with Nicole's story. Nicole and the Protectors story is heart breaking, suspenseful, thrilling and funny. Yes, it's a paranormal read, but Teresa Gableman's writing takes you into a world where the characters and their world feels real enough that you will
Teresa Gabelman is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the 'Protectors Series'. When not writing about sexy alpha vampires and the women who drive them crazy she can be found on a lake with a fishing pole/Kindle, at a MMA event or spending a fun evening with family.

Being a full-time writer has allowed Teresa to connect more with readers which is what she loves most about writin