Start by marking “Sweet Fatality (Sweet Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Fatality (Sweet Series Book 2)

Sweet Fatality (Sweet Series Book 2)

Everyone loves a hot, broody jock, right? The kind who’s stare sets your body on fire and all common sense flies out the window?

Well, not this girl.

Sure, Keith Montgomery has the looks, but in his case, beauty is only skin deep. He’s egotistical, obnoxious and the most shallow person I’ve ever met.

And I’m his new roommate.

Turns out we were both desperate.

But that’s whe
Published March 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Fatality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Fatality

Start your review of Sweet Fatality (Sweet Series Book 2)
Sentranced Jem
Mar 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc-2019, dnf
DNF
My first DNF of the year.

I hate doing this but I just couldn't get myself to continue on.I tried reading this book thrice! THRICE!

nothing further to say. ✌🏼
Karen Mc
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Desiree Adele strikes sports romance gold in her second novel, Sweet Fatality. A romance that explodes with heat, humor, and heart. With lovable characters, a fun and feel-worthy storyline, and superb writing, this story will keep you turning the pages faster than a puck flies into the net.
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Whoa! What an absolute heartfelt, adorable, sexy love story. This one is about Keith and Lexi who we met in Sweet Insanity. Keith just gotten kick off the hockey team for the rest of the season after being caught with drugs. Keith’s parents had high expectations for him to take over the family business one day, but at this point they are furious and decided to cut off all financial support. For the first time, Keith needs a find a real job but there isn’t much. He found himself working as a bari ...more
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***narniaandbeyond***
What an absolute fabulous sweet & sexy read this little beauty proved to be. I just knew I would love Keith & Lexi, but wow did Desiree take their entire journey to new heights.

I loved how natural & easy their relationship was written. It was so easy to connect to them, finding everything so utterly genuine & lovable between them. As their friendship grew, so did the the feels that Des poured between the pages & I loved the fact I couldn’t help all the snickering & swooning that tumbled out of m
Madonna Blackburn
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This second book by Desiree Adele, although not having the same impact as her debut novel, none the less still provides us with an entertaining read.
I really liked that Desiree concentrated this story on the actual relationship between Lexi and Keith and that no real outside commotion wreaked havoc with the characters.
Not as emotionally charged as Sweet Insanity, Keith and Lexi's story still touches on the emotive ramifications from childhood issues.
Although I would have liked the author to go a
Emily (Emily.Reads_)
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I loved this book! This is such a fun and sexy read that draws you right in from the very beginning.

I loved the banter between Lexi and Keith. At times it honestly had me laughing at loud, and I love when a book makes me do that! I also loved the sexual tension between these two! The slow build of their relationship had me going JUST KISS HER ALREADY! But the wait was oh so worth it. Ugh they’re literally perfection together. So damn perfect!

Side note- I just have to say that the part wh
Caz
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes yes yes this was everything and more i absolutely loved it NA is one of my favourite genre but for me this one kicked it out of the park.

Being that we met these two characters in a previous book i was so excited to get it, Keith was your typical playboy who never took life too seriously except his hockey, but when one night ruins pretty much what he has been working towards for his future he is one lost and broken guy. I loved Keith he was funny sexy flirty and i really learned to love him a
Jacquie
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Fatality is Ms. Adele's second book and let me just say that it does NOT disappoint in ANY way. No sophomore jinks here, for SURE...if anything, the writing, the character development, the story-telling, just get BETTER, if that's even possible!

Keith Montgomery, who we meet in the first book Sweet Insanity, is Zach's best friend and roommate. He comes off as a man-whore, a one-night-stand-is-all-you-get type and as he is a gorgeous, sexy-as-all-get-out hockey STUD who has his pick of willi
Michelle
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! I loved...LOVED Sweet Fatality, and Keith!! We met Keith in Desiree's first book, because he's Zack's best friend/teammate/roommate. Keith and Lexi are "thrown" together because Lexi needs a place to live, and she contacts Dahlia, her best friend/Zack's girlfriend. She moves in with Zack and Keith, and she starts seeing Keith differently than all the rumors, and she likes what she sees...Keith really likes Lexi too, especially making her blush, which he tries to do on a daily basis, there ...more
Ann
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second book in this sports romance series and I totally fell in love with this story. We caught a glimpse of Keith in the first book so I was pretty excited to finally read his story. I really adored the chemistry between Keith and Lexi, you just can't help but fall in love with these characters. This one's definitely my favorite so far and can't wait to see what she writes next!

Lexi has been kicked out of her dorm and is trying to find somewhere to live and when a spot comes up at her best
E
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Keith is a hotshot on the ice and with the ladies. Suddenly, he’s a fallen hockey star, kicked off the team after an indiscretion lands him in hospital. Lexi has just been kicked out of her sorority for not being able to play nice with her bitchy sorority sisters. Keith is desperate for a roommate and Lexi is desperate for somewhere to live, so they become roommates. In many ways they’re completely incompatible and may never be friends. She delivers him a verbal tongue lashing which solidifies h ...more
Elizabeth
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I adored Keith in the first book and was so happy when I heard this one was his! I enjoyed this whole story! It had everything I am looking for in a great story: hilarious banter, great characters, heartbreak, and of course heartwarming moments too! Keith and Lexi were the perfect pairing! Perfectly steamy too!
Helen Foster
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We 1st meet Keith in Book 1 as Zach's friend and roommate, and he just called out to me then. I couldn't wait for his story, he 1st comes a cross as abit of a lad's lad / Manwhore but we see his character develop and meet his softer side, which just made me love him more!
Keith has his issues to overcome as does Lexi the Heroine but are they both willing to work through them together?
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is the 2nd from this author and I felt the story flowed well and you could see
DrivenbyBooks
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*5 stars*
The second book in this sports romance series and I totally fell in love with this story. We already caught a glimpse of Keith in the first book so I was pretty excited to finally read his story. I really adored the chemistry between Keith and Lexi, you just can't help but fall in love with these characters. This one's definitely my favorite so far and can't wait to see what she writes next!

Melanie
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I was given an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review

Lexi gets kicked out of her dorm for standing up for her friend. Keith is kicked out of the hockey team and now has to start paying his own rent after his father stops supporting him financially. Thus, they are both in need of a roommate.

Keith and Lexi's relationship eventually turns into something more. Overall I did enjoy the book, however I was wanting to like it a lot more than I did. I don't read as much college sports romance
Serene
Very cute, fluffy romance. Three-stars as I feel it took all romance tropes and merged it into one book. Loved the dance scene to butterfly, thought it was adorable and every time that song comes on I think of Keith.
Caitlin Audet
Sweet Fatality starts right off with a bang with the main character, Keith Montgomery, getting kicked off the hockey team after too much partying landed him in the hospital. And since misery loves company he now has to find a job after his parents pull the plug on paying for his place to live. Even after the paycheck and his roommate paying his half, money is still tight so the next best option is finding a second roommate to help pay rent. Luckily they don't have to look far since Lexi Scholl i ...more
Angela's Book Addiction
*** 3.5 Stars ***

Sweet Fatality (Sweet Series #2) by Desiree Adele is a contemporary, friends to lovers, new adult romance told in first person, dual POV. It is book two in a series but can be read as a standalone. The story follows Keith and Lexi who were secondary characters in book one, Sweet Insanity.

After being caught with drugs, Keith gets kicked off of the hockey team and his furious parents cut him off financially. He gets a job at his gym's smoothie bar, but the money won't be enoug
Gabby
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

After a drug involved incident at the end of Sweet Insanity landed Keith in the hospital, I knew I needed his story like ASAP. Sweet Fatality picks up right after the incident. Forced to face the consequences of his action, Keith is kicked off the hockey team, cut off from his father financially and in desperate need of a roommate and a job. His easy, stress free life was gone.

Lexi, who we also met in Sweet Insanity, needs a place to stay after she's kicked out of the her sorority. Wh
WhittyReads
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Sweet series (can be read as a stand alone). This book follows Keith the roommate and friend of the hero in the first novel (Zach) and Lexi who is the heroine from the first book (Dahlia) best friend. Keith is a hot, bad boy, hockey player and our heroine is Lexi is a free spirit and down to earth. These two surprisingly becomes friends and form a connection that surprises them both.

I truly enjoyed this novel, I loved the character growth these two had. They reall
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
Sweet Fatality is a funny, flirty and very sexy story. It grabbed hold of my attention from the very first page and just didn't let go.

Keith is a player on and off the ice but when an incident with drugs get him thrown off the team and his father gives him an ultimatum he feels his life is on a downward spiral. That is until he meets his new roommate.
Lexi needs somewhere to live after been thrown out of her sorority. When her best friend sorts her a room in a shared house she's not jumping for
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
After reading Sweet Insanity a few months ago I knew that I would have to read the next book because I was just hooked on the book.

Sweet Fatality is book 2 in the Sweet series and I have to say that I loved this book just as much as the first book.

This story is sweet and very sexy and it got me hooked from the very beginning. I loved every minute of this book.

If you are looking for a sexy New Adult Contemporary sports romance than look no further. This book is amazing.

I am giving this 5 out of 5
diann bryan
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Lexi & Keith’s story! Characters from book 1(Sweet Insanity) Their story was an unlikely union brought together by their need for a roommate. When two different characters find out they have more in common than they both realize. The attraction turns into friendship and then the lines get blurred quickly. This was a fun series to read and I definitely recommend it! ...more
Nadine A
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 ‘Hotshot and the Pixie’ stars!

I can’t even begin to describe how excited I was to have this book on my kindle.
After the end of Sweet Insanity ( the previous book in the series) I could not wait to get Keith’s story.
That book ended with Keith being in a bad way after his reckless actions landed him in the hospital.

The consequence of said actions, means him getting kicked off the hockey, which in turn has his dad cutting him off financially.
In need of a roommate to help with the rent, bring
Monika
Mar 30, 2019

• A Five-Minute Life
  • Bad Boy Blues
  • Imperfect Match
  • Where Love Lives (Maplewood Falls, #2)
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Rustic Hearts (Poplar Falls, #1)
  • This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • What He Never Knew (What He Doesn't Know, #3)
  • Ache
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Release
  • Building Bridges (Bridges Brothers, #1)
  • Choosing You (Pierced Hearts Duet, #2)
  • The Lying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5)

News & Interviews