Start by marking “London Calling” as Want to Read:
London Calling

London Calling

Small town police officer Emma Ross loves her simple life––but it takes a hard turn into crazy when she’s kidnapped by MI6 and is put under the protection of an over-bearing, albeit sexy, Scotsman. A man who believes she’s lying to protect her father—a father whom she had no idea worked for British Intelligence and is now missing.

Liam Macknight’s partner was assassinated a
Expected publication: March 25th 2019 by Entangled Publishing LLC (Amara)

To ask other readers questions about London Calling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about London Calling

Linda Quick
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Emma, a small town cop in the states, rushes to England to tend to her dad after a call luring her there. Once she arrives, against her will, she is placed in the custody of MI6. Macknight is the team leader and he doesn't trust her and isn't answering her questions. Each time she tries to get away, something else even more dangerous occurs. Macknight isn't above using a bit of romance to keep Emma contained and cooperative, but what happens when he falls a bit for his own act?

I
Dísir
I struggled with this. Hard. Put it down, walked away, then found a burst of inspiration and went a few chapters at a time, before the whole cycle began again.

And I had an even harder time writing this review of ‘London Calling’, because in every way, this should be the kind of read I dig my claws into but instead turned out to be a book that threw me into the deep end of the pool.

The setup in the beginning—confusing, straight into action, with names and a context that was neck-deep into some
Sonya Heaney
I haven’t read much romantic suspense lately, but I’ve been meaning to change that, and the plot of London Calling sounded pretty interesting. Espionage? Kremlin shenanigans? London? Great.

Veronica Forand has a knack for writing suspense stories, and – honestly – it’s a hard genre to get right. Getting those action scenes you have in your head onto the page so they read the way you’ve imagined them is SO much harder than it seems, but Forand can do it.

The author has also done some good research.
Book Him Danno
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
London Calling is an action, adventure, spy, romance stories that is a can't miss story.

The story and characters are straight out of a Mission Impossible theme movie. The author is able to write action scenes that will have readers, running, shooting, driving next to the characters as than race from one moment to the next. Emma is likable and readers will be able to connect with her though the confusing, heart ache and wonder she will endure.

The sexual tension will keep reader wondering if their
A Klue
Should you choose to accept this literary mission, London Calling awaits you, my fellow romance book loving friends. This author brings out the big guns here in terms of non-stop MI-6 British intelligence vs Russian agents action, as they square off trying to get their hands on a man who knows too much.

Unfortunately, for Emma Ross, a small town American SWAT police officer, that man is her dearly beloved, but frequently absent father. Yeah, the storyline may be centered around him, but she stol
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ratula
London Calling was a suspenseful and riveting story reminiscent of a Mission Impossible type movie. It was fast-paced, intense and full of action sequences. Macknight and Emma had great banter and a great storyline but ai just could not feel their connection to one another as their physical chemistry was somewhat lacking.

I am absolutely in love with slow-burn romances and tons of build up but this romance fell flat for me as it was a fantastic suspense novel (an emphasis more on suspense than an
Sheena
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley

Rating: ★★★★✬ (4.5/5 Stars)
Title: London Calling
POV: Third Person
Smexy Level: Warm
Favorite Quote(s): N/A
Overall Opinion:
When small town cop Emma Ross is flown in from New Hampshire to London when her father is reported missing from the M16, she is held hostage against her will until they can confirm his whereabouts.
Kate Forest
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced, romantic suspense. Hot hero, strong heroine, lots of intrigue.
Rosemary K
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emma’s life is in turmoil. Her father, Edward Ross, has disappeared. Next she’s placed in protective custody by MI6. Emma can’t believe what she’s being told. Her father turned assets for the British government. Now her life is in jeopardy. The Russians want to use her to make her father reveal classified information. Macknight is the team leader assigned to protect her. He feels responsible for the death of one of his team. He needs to know if Ross was to blame. Did he betray them? Emma is a br ...more
Petula
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Liam MacKnight is an operativeand team leader for MI6, the British intelligence agency. A job in Russia goes badly wrong and he must go back and clean up.
Emma Ross is an American cop, and has just been accepted into S. W. A. T. Being kidnapped and flown across the Atlantic because of something her father has done could ruin that forever.
This is a very exciting, all action story that makes James Bond movies seem tame. All our characters are chameleons, taking on various roles, each incredibly d
Victoria Bunce
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I received a copy of from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion. Thank you to the author and publisher for the opportunity.

5 Stars and here’s why:

An excellent suspense plot with a side of romance is my jam and Ms. Forand delivers. LONDON CALLING captured my attention from the get-go with a Mission Impossible infused scene. The author is a master storyteller with romantic suspense scenes. The book’s plot twists and turns made my brain blow a fuse trying to figure out how this story would en
Heather
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
This sounded like a great concept for a romantic suspense, but I’m sorry to say that it fell flat for me. There was a great deal of action and suspense, but there was hardly any romance at all. The two main characters, Liam Macknight and Emma Ross, seemed to have little chemistry and vacillated between lust, hate and apathy. Macknight (as he is referred to throughout the book) works for MI3 and when a member of his team is killed on assignment he is eager to catch the person he thinks is respons ...more
Katrina Berry
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
When I requested this read, I was eagerly anticipating the ride. I mean romantic suspense...heck yea...right up my alley! Did I get that? No, nope, not a chance; what I got instead was confusion and disappointment...and that is very sad considering all the potential of this particular story.

This was a fast-paced read that had lots of action; it totally rocked in the action arena. The execution of London Calling though utterly failed. Confusing, all over-the-place right from the very beginning,
Amanda D.
This book works like a pulpy, shoot-'em-up action movie. It's fun and enjoyable, if you don't look too hard at the details.

I will warn that there's a lot of violence and some of it goes into graphic detail. Explosions, car chases, etc.

The forced proximity element was what attracted to me to this one and while it definitely has that, everything else seemed haphazard. The heroine, for being a small town cop, seemed to be a superwoman prodigy. Less than a day of being together in a safe house, th
Ratula
rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2019
Caitlin
Feb 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
When reading the description of the novel I was very excited to read it, but I have to say that it was very difficult to get through & at times hard to follow. I went into this thinking that this would be a good read but the story line was a bit far fetched, it wasn’t super exciting. It was difficult to read at times because the writer’s style was odd. It seemed like the author was trying to use different wording & because of it I would end up rereading certain sentences because it sound ...more
Lori Mann
Helena#bookdreamer
Thank you Netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I love spy romances, the thrill and the adventure hightens the anticipation of possible passionate love. Although Emma is an incredibly talented and strong heroine, I felt the author didn't allow us to truly see her potential as Liams equal. I felt she softened too much when he was around and he was too busy protecting her and keeping his distance to really appreciate her skills.
Despite this the story was entertaining.
Coco.V
Feb 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
💝 ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💝
Julie
Feb 22, 2019
Elyse
Mar 04, 2019
Thank you!! 1 1 Mar 06, 2019 08:56AM
Veronica Forand is an attorney and an award-winning writer of romantic suspense.

She’s lived in Boston, London, Paris, Geneva, and Washington, DC and currently resides near Philadelphia. An avid traveler, she loves to roam across continents with her husband and kids in pursuit of skiing, scuba diving, and finding the perfect piece of chocolate.

She is a member of the Romance Writers of America, the