Start by marking “I'm a Therapist, and My Patient is Going to be the Next School Shooter: 6 Patient Files That Will Keep You Up At Night (Dr. Harper Therapy, #1)” as Want to Read:

(Dr. Harper Therapy #1)

I'm a therapist, and I work with the most dangerous patients.

I've seen it all... A boy who planned to be the next school shooter. A patient with OCD whose loved ones really did suffer every time he missed a ritual. A choir boy who claimed he was being molested -- not by a priest -- but by God Himself. A patient with PTSD who gave me nightmares. A husband and wife who accus

Published January 27th 2019 by Dr. Harper Therapy

Be the first to ask a question about I'm a Therapist, and My Patient is Going to be the Next School Shooter

Start your review of I'm a Therapist, and My Patient is Going to be the Next School Shooter: 6 Patient Files That Will Keep You Up At Night (Dr. Harper Therapy, #1)
Misty
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
There just are no words to convey the depth of my confusion relative to the stellar ratings on this book. The premise is that Dr. Harper has compiled files of six “broken” patients he has treated—and he is allowing readers a peek at what’s inside. The files run the gamut from disturbing to creepy to flat out ridiculous. I expected to see traditional files, with the doodles and notes that Harper mentions at the start, but they were nonexistent. Perhaps it all circles back to formatting issues wit ...more
Margé
May 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
Katharine Johnson
Mar 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: hated
I nearly abandonned this knock-off creepypasta several times. Not only is the writing childish and better suited for a reddit forum, but the content was completely ridiculous. Each "patient file" is filled with unethical, illegal, and irrational actions and crappy dialogue. I finished the story in hopes of finding a redeeming quality, but I was left with disappointment and irritation.

Edit: I’m aware it began as a CreepyPasta/ reddit forum. I just believe it should have stayed there and it made f
☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣
Of course, this has little to do with anything remotely psychological. Still, an unusual series to flip through.

Q:
... my patients have a habit of dying. Alex isn’t the first, and I’m worried he won’t be the last. Sometimes I wonder if I’m the common denominator. Or maybe that’s just the cost of taking on exceptionally broken clients. (c)
Q:
I seriously think they’re just going to keep stabbing each other indefinitely. (c)
Q:
So… a patient who thinks he’s a… cow… has been eating your… grass. ...
“This
Wordweaverlynn
Apr 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
Warning: This Book Is Fiction

I bought this ebook hoping for interesting files from a therapist’s casebook. Nope. It’s an amateurish novel that grows less believable with every page. Worse, the author seems to be offering their expertise as a counselor via a website, which I refuse to link.

Also, the therapist character is dangerously incompetent as well as unethical. Following your clients to spy on them, imprisoning one and forcing them into treatment, hiring another client as an assistant— non
Crystal
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I thought it was pretty good...

The first half being better than the second in my opinion just because it seemed more realistic

Overall though an entertaining breezy read if you like psych horror, just be mindful it is a work of fiction and reads as such
Anna Ortung
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So here’s the thing: I am absolutely not at all interested in horror, especially not things like psychological horrors/thrillers.
But I do have a Reddit and I am subscribed to r/nosleep, which previously I hadn’t read much of at all. Then a couple months ago, I saw a post titled “I’m a therapist, and my patient is going to be the next school shooter.” In a few paragraphs, I was hooked. I’ve read every single story Dr. Harper has posted as soon as possible over the last 2 months and I would recom
Jinger Lowe
May 29, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
“Jesus Christ. I sounded like a fucking middle schooler.”

You sounded like a middle schooler, not just in that God-awful section, but as well as throughout the entire book. I’m pretty sure I have read fanfiction more believable than this book.

I’m really bummed because I bought this book believing it to be true stories told from an actual therapist and I am now thoroughly disappointed to find out that I had been poorly misled.

And the worst part is that it wasn’t even interesting enough to keep
Scott Tingle
Feb 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Disappointed.

1 star The story line had the potential to be interesting, instead the book comes across as silly and juvenile
Aubrey0904
Mar 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: this-book-sucks
Just....no.
Ashley Lopez
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Such a good read! Finished it in a few hours, can't wait to read more from Dr. Harper in the future.
Izzy
Jul 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Here’s the award for the...

🏆DUMBEST BOOK I’VE READ THIS YEAR🏆

Besides mitigating mental illness, this book utterly stigmatizes it. When writing this book, the author was probably like “let me use a caption that is totally going to grab people’s attention. It’ll generate money for me, even if I make a group of people look like menaces.”

Here are my other issues with this book...

**FACT CHECK**

As a therapist, it’s illegal to stalk your patients.
It’s illegal to write a book, exposing your patients,
Duncan Ralston
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Plenty of over-the-top contrivances but a real pageturner. I love true case files books so this fictional one kept me intrigued. Blew through it in a couple of days.
Carol
May 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Gosh, I cautiously perused the reddit site with the published stories thinking that these were legit composite accounts of therapy sessions. Although the title was a red flag of poor judgement/confidentiality by a licensed therapist.

Then it just got way too ridiculous and fictional. Not in the scenarios that the patients presented with — but with the “therapists” course of actions.

As fiction, I guess it could be entertaining...(although probably a misrepresentation of best practices in the fiel
Alicia Walker
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This book:

1.) Was unbelievable and not in a good way. It was literally hard to believe.
2.) It did not keep me up at night.
3.) Was written from the perspective of the world’s worst therapist.

I gave it 3 stars because it wasn’t hard to read, it was short and I enjoyed the random psych info. It was interesting enough to read its entirety. However, it wasn’t interesting enough to make me want to read the prison case files that are coming out next.

Full review at:
Rebecca
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read!

I found this author on Reddit and absolutely love his stories! You will not regret picking up this book. It is extremely well written, keeps you on your toes and leaves you wanting more.
Beth
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good!

I want more!! Had me hooked from the first page!
Must read!!!! Make sure to pick this up! Very good
Sea Caummisar
Dec 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up to 4. These stories are interesting (to say the least). A couple of the patients bored me.... One story about OCD was really great. A fictional, unethical therapist makes a great main character. Here's my problem with this book..in the end, the author tries to pull all the stories together, and it quite frankly didn't make much sense to me. At face value, it's fine, but when I thought about it, it made my head hurt. I know the author says the stories are in no particular ord ...more
Lisa
May 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Wow. That was terribly written. If I had a dollar for every time this narrator bit his lip... egad. EL James’s “inner goddess” would be proud. 🙄

Save yourself the time and energy and skip this one.
Steve
Jun 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
One star simply for being a quick read.
Patty (IheartYA311)
Dec 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Entertaining, quick and interesting. I enjoyed the unique format and twists and turns. But I didn't like it enough to jump right into buying the next books while staring at the 150+ unread books on my shelves. ...more
Michelle
"I'm a therapist, and I work with the most dangerous patients. I've seen it all... A boy who planned to be the next school shooter. A patient with OCD whose loved ones really did suffer every time he missed a ritual. A choir boy who claimed he was being molested - not by a priest - but by God Himself. A patient with PTSD who gave me nightmares. A husband and wife who accused each other of abuse, and only one of them was telling the truth. A woman who kept her ex locked up as a sex slave. A pedo- ...more
Kira
May 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, horror
It should be self-evident, but apparently some people have mistaken this for nonfiction. It is fiction, and not very good fiction at that. Typical amateurish Reddit writing. The author obviously spends most of his/her time on the internet, looking up various psychological conditions. Whoever it is can't have been to any therapy sessions, because every single "session" in the book is a total joke. The only reason I read the whole thing is it's only about 150 pages so it took just a couple of hour ...more
Jenny
Sep 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
Well. That book sucked. I thought the title was intriguing, and my team needed an I book, so off I went! It would have been very interesting if it was actual case files, or at least somewhat fictionalized case files. What it was instead was a Nancy Drew style coincidence machine laced with unbelievable characters, bad writing, and a plot that would have had me laughing if it was just a little worse.
There are a few 1 star books that I gleefully recommend to others, as they are so ridiculous that
Dean T Marvin
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing stories!

These are fantastic stories that can be enjoyed individually for a quick read or as chapters of a book. Either way, it will be hard to put down. Anyone who is a fan of mystery and suspense (and a good bit of humor) will absolutely love this book. It constantly kept me guessing and on the edge of my seat.
Nikole
Jun 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
I honestly don’t know what to say about this book. This therapist obviously oversteps his bounds. A lot. The ending got crazy in my opinion, but I enjoyed how everything came together at the end. As a psychology major, I liked how mental issues were discussed. Always interesting to me. I’m interested to read ‘Patient Files from Prison’ now.
Rachel Salinas
May 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
It started out interesting, but by case 3 I was over it. It was way over the top. Not my cup of tea.
Tatum Layne
Jun 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
I only read the sample. While the voice feels organic, it reads as more wish fulfillment fantasy. The only thing keeping me up at night from that sample was how insensitive it reads.
Courtney
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected and thrilling

I couldn’t put this book down. It was a quick, fun read that left me wanting more. I never saw the ending coming.
Aaron Morrsi
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5
A surprisingly good read, never knew which was a specific story was going to go, been a while since I've had a book keep me on my toes like that

• Asylum Archives Case Study Vol.1: True Accounts From The Insane
  • Asylum Archives Case Study Vol. 2: True accounts from the insane
  • Letters From The Looney Bin (Book 1)
  • EAT (Nervous Novella Book 1)
  • HORROR: CHILDREN WHO COMMITTED MURDERS: 10 Killer Children Who Will Change the Way You See Kids, real horror stories (horror stories book Book 1)
  • The Asylum Confessions
  • Making a Psychopath: My Journey into 7 Dangerous Minds
  • The Gown
  • Killer Moms: 16 Bizarre True Crime Stories of Murderous Moms
  • History of a Drowning Boy
Dr. Harper is a fictional character. The stories, the books, and their website are fictional. The author is not a mental health professional.

Dr. Harper Therapy (3 books)
  • I'm a Therapist, and My Patient is In Love with a Pedophile: 6 Patient Files From Prison (Dr. Harper Therapy, #2)
  • I'm a Therapist, and My Patient is a Vegan Terrorist: 6 Deadly Social Media Influencers (Dr. Harper Therapy, #3)