Start by marking “Rupture and Repair” as Want to Read:
Rupture and Repair

Rupture and Repair

This breakout work by author and poet Kaela Prall illustrates the journey from heartbreak to healing. Each poem evokes clear images and propels the reader through the author’s experiences of loss, confusion, self-discovery, and love. In these pages, readers will discover something new about themselves, the world, and their own journey toward healing.
Published March 1st 2019 by KDP

To ask other readers questions about Rupture and Repair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rupture and Repair

Start your review of Rupture and Repair
Angie Wilborn
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This collection of short poems is one of the sweetest I’ve read. There is something so genuine about each poem... there were some that touched me immensely following things I’ve gone through this year. I know I’ll be able to pick this book up again years from now and be able to appreciate more of the poems in a different way and in a different season of life. 💓
Brittney Doll
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had to sit with this one. Kaela writes with her guts out and it moved me profoundly. It gave me hope and created a longing in me for my own “repair.” Be prepared to be challenged and comforted at once.
This is so much more than poetry.
Kelly
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not much of a reviewer. In this instance, I felt compelled. Here is the impact this book had on me:

- ‘Rupture and Repair’ moved me to the point of my needing to take breaks in order to make room for all the emotional relating I was experiencing. So unexpected and profound for me. So healing. I absolutely loved it and can't wait to read whatever she publishes next.
- I shared a few of Kaela’s poems with my school-aged daughter to illustrate what writing from the heart looks like. She 1) is ask
Melissa
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crystalline, poignant emotion.'Rupture and Repair' paints a tangible picture of loss and revival. Beautifully written. ...more
Becca
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kaela Prall warmly and bravely invites you in to a beautifully courageous and tender space. You know how you feel known and refreshed after some hot cocoa and a long talk with a dear friend? These poems take you right to that place with raw honesty, joy, grief, and belonging. Each word was clearly selected with careful thought and intention. It's not a collection to be rushed through or skimmed. I often found myself pausing and lingering to reflect. Her words are like a rich drink that's meant t ...more
Brittany Foust
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A truly incredible journey through grief and healing. With each poem in this collection you’re given a beautiful glimpse into Kaela’s heart. It’s such an intimate read that can easily lend itself to each of our experiences of loss, of healing, and of love. This book will be one I will want to return to again and again. The beautiful emotion it evokes makes me want to keep it all to myself, yet also give it away. I already have at least five people in mind of who I want to share it with.

Kudos Ka
Meredith Roberts
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you want a reminder that nothing is wasted... read this!

Rupture and Repair is a powerful read! It invited me to sit with my own ruptures and reminded me to not rush the waiting... it’s necessary for rebirth.

It’s a collection of poems that you’ll want to take your time with.. as it’ll take you along on your own journey through heartbreak to emerge in hope. I truly had to pause many times to cry, giggle, smile and hold open my own hands. I’m thankful for this reminder that nothing is wasted an
William Matthew Reilly
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I never realized it before reading Rupture and Repair, but Kaela and I have been to many of the same places, with some of the same people under slightly different circumstances. What an raw, visceral journey from the darkness into the Light. This is a read that I will return to again and again, counting on it being newer and different every time. Kudos, Kaela.
Paula Prall
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book is fascinating; it is inspiring to read such deep feelings. The you-are-not-alone feeling that this book transmits is encouraging, and falls straight into what Kaela has been transmitting through her career. The poems are short and fun, but full of meaning, and most important, true. I totally recommend this book!
Meghan Redmile
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kaela has put so many of my emotions and life experiences I've had into words.

I don't think I've ever related to something I've read so much as the beautiful poems in Rupture and Repair.

I highly recommend her book and encourage you to follow and read her work. I look forward to finishing it, but I'm trying really hard to not rush through it, savouring each and every one of her poems.
Jed Prall
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Kaela's poetry is so real and raw that it allowed me to connect and to identify the times in my life that corresponded to the feelings in her writing. Her book spoke to me and evoked real emotional responses in me by the time I finished it. ...more
Colleen
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Swift read.
W. Scott
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kaela's talent shines bright within this amazing collection of poetry and prose. In order to not spoil anything for future readers, know that within Rupture and Repair, Kaela takes on the journey of breaking, healing and mending. If you are in need of some confirmation that you are not alone, please pick up a copy for yourself and begin the healing process. Fantastic work. ...more
Abierto Reino
Sep 17, 2019
Taylor
Nov 05, 2020
Kaela Prall
Feb 18, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Alyazia
Apr 20, 2021

• Whiter Than Snow
  • If It Bleeds
  • Nineteen
  • Love in Bloom: Volume 1 (The Darkness and the Light)
  • doll eyes.
  • Cult Survivors: Victims of the Eckankar cult
  • All of Me (Rock Me, #0.5)
  • I Hope You Stay
  • Read this When...: Empowering Messages for Powerless Moments
  • Jane Austen: A Life From Beginning to End (Biographies of British Authors Book 2)
  • Whiskey, Words, and a Shovel I
  • Break Your Glass Slippers (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale, #1)
  • I Wrote This For You (I Wrote This For You #4)
  • Narcissist: The Ultimate Guide: This Book Includes: Narcissistic Abuse & Dealing with a Narcissist. Healing after emotional/psychological abuse. Disarming the narcissist and understanding Narcissism
  • Hearts of Fire: Eight Women in the Underground Church and Their Stories of Costly Faith
  • H.P. Lovecraft's the Dunwich Horror
  • How To Say No (For Teens) (When I Say No I Feel Guilty, Self Confidence, Teen Self Help, Self Help Books for Women, Social Skills Book 1)
  • History's Most Powerful Witches: Their Life, Witchcraft and Spells

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...