Start by marking “IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)” as Want to Read:
IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)

IRL: In Real Life

(After Oscar #1)

Conor:
It starts with a drunken text pic. The kind I would normally never send. Only, instead of it going to the flirty hotel bartender, it goes to some random stranger who actually responds.

I tell myself an unexpected night of hot as hell back-and-forth is the perfect way to blow off a little steam while I’m in New York closing an important business deal. Little do I know
Published February 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about IRL, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about IRL

Start your review of IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
Shile
Time of death: kindle tells me at 70%, audiobook tells me I have 3 hours left.

When the first physical sex finally happened, it was time to say bye! bye! I don’t know what type of sex scenes I have been reading lately, but I just couldn’t listen to the one in this book. Especially since Wells is still creeping! And i already know what will cause the inevitable 80 - 90% drama-llama breakup scene.

description

“Open for me,” Wells murmured against my back. His slick fingers teased my hole, and I did my bes
Meags
5 Stars

I’m one of the lucky buggers who absolutely adored this story start to finish! As my very first (full) five star read of the year, I can happily say this one is going straight into my 2019 favourites folder and will surely be a revisited re-read (or listen – Michael Pauley, come at me!!) in the very near future.

As a major sucker for reading romances that begin with characters meeting in the virtual world and then later connecting in real life, the premise of this story was immediately on
Jerecho
Dec 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt, romance
IRL is an average read for me. Although you can guess what will happen next, the fact remains that it has something that will make you smile, feel the romance, and enjoy the spark.
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Expected A Bit More*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The book centers around owner of a game store (as in, board games and puzzles) Conor Matthew Newell and Wellington ‘Wells’ ‘Trace’ ‘That Asshole’ ‘Glacial Grange’ Archibald Grange the Third who is according to Conor; ‘the most controlling, egotistical, emotionless SOB he' ever met’, ‘the scariest motherfucker to ever be considered a corporate raider’. He's the multimillionaire CEO of one of the world’s most powerful biomedical companies and Conor is there to
Dia
4,5 stars

I absolutely loved this one! Hot and sweet and everything in between!
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
introduction : I 100% have prejudices towards that kind of abs-stan covers
cons : highly unrealistic and also I kinda hate billionaires as a rule, sorry, capitalism sucks
pros : it was way too adorable and funny for my own good, wtf
conclusion : I kinda want my cynicism back but my lips keep stretching *tries to scowl, fails*
Snjez
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-reads
I liked this story so much more than I expected.

At first, I wasn't sure how I would feel about their relationship. Based on their initial texting, I was afraid that it would go into d/s territory, which I'm not a fan of, but thankfully, that didn't happen. I actually really liked how their relationship progressed. It didn't even bother me that it was a bit unrealistic and predictable.

I absolutely loved both MCs. I loved them together, loved their chemistry. Maybe the feelings came too soon, but
Erth
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Take a sweet, adorably shy man with a bit to drink, throw in a sexy stranger, a drunken text in the middle of the night and you’ll happen upon the hottest first chapter that I’ve read in a long time. Lucy and Molly don’t waste any time revving up the hotness in this steamy new series! Their collaboration has produced one amazingly well written book that’ll have you hooked from that first luscious chapter! It’s super sexy with just enough sweet to make you swoon at all the right places! I can’t w ...more
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

photo thisgirl_zpsbbvfgvkw.gif

Imagine sending a dick pic for the first time, thinking you were sending it to the cute bartender you'd just been flirting with. Only after you'd sexted the person to climax you realise it was a complete stranger!

Conor is a shy gamer nerd who's in New York to do a presentation to sell his mums invention. I liked Conor from the start he was funny, shy and a whole lot of awkward especially around hot men in suits.

photo conner_zpsrwrjxtbb.gif

Wells was delighted to receive a sexy dick pick from a complete stra
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5★'s Rounded Up!

Well, this book almost had it all. I was on I think chapter 8 when I was for sure this was a perfect book. I was having just about the best time with it. The writing was flawless and the story was moving quick and I was excited and well, excited. I was just having a great time really.

And then there was a scene where Conor didn’t seem right. He wasn’t stuttering or tripping over himself. He was confident and read so out of character I stumbled a bit.

Then it was going again and g
Lorraine Lesar
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anyone can possess, anyone can profess, but it is an altogether different thing to confess...as Wells knows only too well 😉

I have a question: have you ever done it? was it exhilarating? or do you wish that you hadn’t done it and want to curl up and die?
In case you are wondering what I’m talking about....it’s sexting.
Connor did it.
And I loved reading the consequences of his actions, because let’s be realistic here, there are always consequences.....
This started out so strong for me but lost it’s
Eugenia
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Awesome Start! Ho-hum finish...

Dang!! This book started out sooooo well! It was sexy, funny, hot, and witty.

And then....it turned into a drawn out, disappointing mess of miscommunication and insta-love. The quick and snappy pace just stopped and so did much of my interest in the characters and their story.

I liked the superposition of their secret text relationship and their IRL encounters, but when the big reveal came the story fell apart for me as did the characters.

There are some super hot
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Conor Newell is a nervous wreck the day before a big meeting. He is use to playing board games not running board meetings. Due to his mother's illness he is left with the task. After a few drinks too many and an encounter with a cute bartender, who slips him his number, he decides to text a dick pic. However, the recipient on the other side is not exactly who he thinks he is.

Wells Grange is known as a hard ass. Wells is a business man who runs through people to get what he wants. He is married t
haletostilinski
“I miss you,” Conor said so softly I almost didn’t hear it. “I miss you so much, it hurts.” He shook his head, his words brimming with pain.

I fucking loved this book. It was amazing from start to finish and I was not expecting that. Even the one thing that could have caused a hiccup for me - when Conor found out about Wells being the mystery texter via hearing his phone ping when he sent a text and looking, and then immediately leaving without hearing anything Wells has to say - ended up working
Renée
Feb 14, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf, mm-romance
DNF at 41%

Ice cold, heartless millionaire has a complete personality transplant when he meets "the one". Just can't do it anymore.
Chris
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
This was really cute - sweet vulnerable Connor sends a drunken text that begins an avalanche of innuendo and conversation with a stranger. Little did Connor know he was sexting Wells - the man he called Asshole, and was in negotiations with. Of course the story evolves with sweet, light angst and then a realization... like I say - cute ❤️
BWT (Belen)

I have a confession to make. I saw this was written by Lucy Lennox and narrated by Michael Pauley and without reading the blurb, without hesitation, I immediately requested IRL.

I'm going to be honest, I ended up liking this far more than I thought I was going to when I first started listening. Let me explain. I'm not a fan of deception romance, and while there are a lot of very hot, sexy scenes they involve far more dominance then I'm personally into, but I'm really happy I kept listening becau
Tammy
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazing-books
Loved it!!! ;-D
Eva ☆
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Do you know when you read a book and it is ok but just okay?

This book was like that for me. In this book we have Conor and Wells, Wells is trying to buy medical technology from Conor (actually his mother but Conor is going to represent his mother there).
However we have another side story that is the person Conor started talking to by text, on his first night in New York Conor wants to do something crazy so he sends a nude to the cute bartender, but the person who answers him is not the bartender
Ariana
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
I have always enjoyed the 'cyber trope' - meaning that two guys meet anonymously online, but one figures out who the other is in real life. And then doesn't own up to it. Which, inevitably, blows up in his face.

This version was thought-out well (I appreciated getting an explanation how the mix-up with the phone numbers happened in the end!) and throwing in a bit of a grumpy CEO theme, teamed up with good telephone sex, worked fabulously.
Wells and Conor are both likeable MCs, although considerin
ReadingAllNite
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc-read
This was an entertaining version of a combined secret admirer/enemies to lovers trope. Sexting with a mysterious, dominant man by accident, Conor doesn’t know that cold, forbidding businessman Wells Grange is also the man dominating him by text. Wells is attracted to the real Conor as much as the man he only knows behind a keyboard but can’t reveal himself, so he conceals his text identity and continues the sexy conversations. It’s easy to guess what that will lead to. I’m not sure I can call th ...more
Michael S.
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I have a mildly dissenting opinion.

I found the writing to be generally quite good, and the feels are delivered, much as I'd expect from a project with Lucy Lennox. I had fun, and I liked it.

I can't say that I loved it. I'm a hard sell when it comes to insta-love, at least to the extent that my suspension of disbelief is really strained when characters start making extreme life decisions based on an acquaintance of only days. Wells' behavior in particular strains credulity at times, and while he'
Ula'ndi Hart
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 000-next
Overall book rating: 4
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 3.5

I think when I started out on this one, I was thinking light and funny. Ridiculous situations and lots of giggles and eye rolls maybe.

But... it surprised me. And may I say, in a good way. I was not expecting the slight turn about to “serious” and it was something I appreciated about the story because it made in more “real” to me.

I felt sorry for Glacier Grange and I liked how he didn’t stoically cling to what he knows. He got brownie points f
Sanaa
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars.

IRL: In Real Life was my first book by Molly Maddox but not by Lucy. It a very cute story with some lol moments thrown into it. It started off a bit slow for me but I did end up liking it by the end. Highly recommend for someone who's looking for a sweet yet sexy romance!

Eight minutes later, I was on my knees, naked, holding my cell phone in front of my crotch and trying to figure out the best angle to photograph myself when my mom’s face suddenly appeared on the screen. I let out
Achim
3.5
I loved it though it's one of those tales about a supposedly cold-hearted billionaire who only has to meet the right kind of guy (innocent and kinky would be no obstacle) to show him that money isn't everything and no protection from bad experiences but hey, it's a romance so I shouldn't take it too seriously and just enjoy the way it's delivered and enjoy, I did.
Vanna
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Vanna by: Dia
4.5 Stars!! 💖💕 Loved it!! 🤩. This was an amazing start to a new series by LL & MM. 😍
Connor is the perfect example of "adorkable" who is in NYC to face-off with the big-bad-corporate-wolf Wells Grange, the CEO and owner of a Biomed conglomerate which is looking to acquire Connor's mother's life's work of research. Nervous about the meeting that is supposed to happen the next day, Connor tries to blow off steam in the hotel bar and later in a moment of bravado sends a rique' pic to the friendly ba
Marilisa
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is about sexting the wrong number and somehow along the way it turned into such an adorable love story. How do you make that transition so smoothly? I’m not sure, but I sure commend the authors for making that happen.
Sahitya
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, 2019-read
This was overall a very sweet and sexy story and I was so invested in it right from the get go. I enjoyed both Wells and Conor’s characters and despite being from such different backgrounds, they really complement each other very well. It was so much fun watching them get to know each other, both irl and anonymous texting and I loved every moment of it. And the epilogue made me all kinds of happy. A wonderful love story 😊😊

I just wish the deception had lasted a little less longer and I definitely
Denise H.
***** This amazing writing pair give us a wonderful M/M romance !
Conor, a gaming business owner, is in New York

to make a deal with a Biomed Tech Company, for his Mom's invention that will save lots of people. His Mom is a doctor and severely ill.
Wells is a corporate giant, who's tall, dark and handsome,

but ruthless at the negotiation table.
* On his first night, Conor gets the phone number of the hotel bartender and he sexts him, but he gets someone else. Conor and the stranger really hit
Diane Dannenfeldt
I absolutely loved it! If you love the Made Marion and Forever Wilde series, you will not be disappointed in this new series, or at least I wasn’t. Lucy and Molly did a great job with this start to a new series. Conor is in town to do a presentation for his mother when he has a few drinks and gets the number from the cute bartender. So once he goes back to his room, he decides to send him a dick pic. Little does he know, he sends it to the wrong number and sexting ensues. But not only sexting, b ...more

• Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • #Burn (Fever Falls, #2)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Halo (Fallen Angel, #1)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Four Ever
  • The Secret (Love in O'Leary #3)
  • Pretend You're Mine (The Protectors #12.5)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)
  • Looking for Trouble
  • Whiskey Throttle (Fever Falls, #3)
  • Viper (Fallen Angel #2)
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

After Oscar (5 books)
  • LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar, #2)
  • BTW: By the Way (After Oscar, #3)
  • BRB: Be Right Back (After Oscar, #4)
  • HEA: Happily Ever After (After Oscar, #5)