Start by marking “Berkley, A Nose Tale” as Want to Read:
Berkley, A Nose Tale

Berkley, A Nose Tale

Berkley has a huge nose.

He is always sticking it where it doesn’t belong, always getting into trouble. Can Berkley ever find a way to put his super sniffer to good use?

This is a fun and funny story of how being a little bit different can be an asset, not a disadvantage.

Kindle Edition
Published November 7th 2018 by Black Rose Writing

To ask other readers questions about Berkley, A Nose Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Berkley, A Nose Tale

Montzalee Wittmann
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Terrific story!

Berkley, A Nose Tale by David Hillman is a book I won from LibraryThing but never received from the author so I used my Kindle Unlimited and got the book that way.
It is a charming book with the cutest illustrations! I had a dog like that and she was a hoot! Love the story and the pictures! Kids will love the delightful ending!
Susan Barton
Berkley is a Basset Hound who has an unusually big nose. His oversized honker often gets him in trouble wherever he goes. He’s fond of garbage cans, skunks and honey – the last causing him a great deal of pain when a hoard of angry bees chases him off. But his favorite of all is sniffing Jeremy’s stinky socks. Berkley’s sniffer finally comes in handy one day when Jeremy’s friend Becky needs an important favor. Berkley saves the day!

This is an adorable story. Somehow, it reminded me s
La La
This book was odd. The story and illustrations would have been better expanded into a beginning reader chapter book. The biggest thing that bothered me were the people's facial expressions; when they were excited they looked scared, and when happy they looked startled. The illustrator certainly didn't have human expression down and for a children's picture book I think it would be disturbing to the kids. There was also one really gross illustration. The illustrations in general were clunky with ...more
Barbara Ann
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Berkley is a beagle, basset-hound mix who has a penchant for trouble. He just can’t keep his nose out of things. Whether it be a skunk hole, leftover dinner, garbage pails, or knocking over things in the house, trouble follows him.

One day, Berkey’s owner, Jeremy, finds out this his friend, Becky, has lost her cat. Jeremy quickly volunteers Berkley’s services. Berkey is indomitable. He searches every nook and cranny of the town. Will his nose do the job?

Hillman’s illustrat
James Smoot
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Berkley is a friendly Beagle and Basset mix with a huge, talented nose. His "Huge Honker" compels him to seek out yummy smells which is sometimes stinky and painful. Where his nose "goes" trouble soon follows. That all changes one day when his nose is called to help find a lost pet. He succeeds and is the hero of the day. His reward? Get the book and be surprised!
Written and Illustrated by the creative David Hillman.
Highly recommended by Chloe and James Smoot
Chloe approved! ...more
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute story of a Beagle mix dog with a big nose. As a Beagle Mom I can relate, we have to keep the kitchen trash can in the bathroom, hide anything of value, no eating on the couch and a 1 mile walk can take forever. Love the illustrations!
Dorothy Scott
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Illustrations

A cute story with a happy ending. Nice to see that a dog, who gets into trouble is not punished and a use for his sniffing is found.
fisher
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i don't know who enjoys it more, our four-year-old or his parents! a great story, beautifully illustrated.
Marcy
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Granddaughter loved it!

Read this to my 4 year old granddaughter tonight and she loved the colorful illustrations and the story. I recommend this book.
Jesse Deleon
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great anytime read for everyone!

I really enjoyed reading this book and the artwork was fantastic. I will recommen for bedtime sharing. A new fan!
Marion Shea
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story and the illustrations were terrific!
Mark Restaino
Fun and Grrat Illustrations

The Illustrations in this book were amazing! Kids will also love the silly stuff that Berkley sticks his nose into and how he saves the day in the end.
Linda Ingram
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it!

Great for any age...funny with a terrific lesson and great pictures. Hoping for a whole series with Berkley and the whole gang.
Sandra
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute story and 'stinky socks' is always a hit with kids.
Audrey
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute.

This was a cute story about a dog with a big nose. His nose always gets him in trouble. Finally, Berkley 's big nose saves the day.
George Neeb
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing artwork!

A fun story with incredible artwork about a lovable dog. I want a pet like Berkeley! A book for any dog lover!
Miyon
Adorable

Berkley is so animated I could see him sniff make noises and jump. The play on words about nose was funny and endearing. Well done
Carrie Doman
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very Cute

Very cute. Good moral to the story: If you stick your nose in the wrong places it can get you in trouble, but if you use it for good it can be rewarding.
Renee
Great story for kids

Cute story, great illustrations. My 4yo really enjoyed it. I loved how Berkeley solved the mystery. Looking forward to more Berkeley adventures!
Melanie
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute

This was a cute read. My 5 yr old enjoyed it and I will probably be reading to him again at bedtime. The pictures are colorful and well done.
Dawn Flowers