Start by marking “The Inside Track (License to Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Inside Track (License to Love, #2)

The Inside Track

(License to Love #2)

Love might mean coming as you are, but staying is a different matter.

Nick Fischer is a screw-up; everyone knows it and they’re not afraid to tell him so. The only thing he’s got going for him is that he plays a reliable rhythm guitar for License to Game, and his big fat bulldog, Princess Fiona, is so ugly she’s cute.

Dempsey Lawrence is a former child star turned financia
Published February 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Inside Track, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Inside Track

Briar's Reviews
The Inside Track is an absolutely hilarious, fun and romantic read by the always wonderful Tamsen Parker!

This is definitely one of my favourite books, and I'm not just saying that! I found this book to be so upbeat and fun as well as utterly romantic and cute. Nick and Dempsey are just the perfect set of lead characters to be the front runners of this not so typical romance novel.

Nick is a "Tasmanian devil", as Dempsey says in the novel. He bounces all over the place, moving a mile a minute. The
Ellie
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A bit over the top at times, low on conflict, good mental illness rep (hero has ADHD, heroine is agoraphobic).

Full review as posted on my blog

This was an engaging romance between a rockstar hero with ADHD and a former child star now financial consultant with agoraphobia.

I mostly enjoyed this romance and found both characters interesting. I liked the hero and the way his ADHD was presented, especially at the beginning. His POV become more challenging to read as the story progressed thoug
Leah
Feb 02, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF @ 10%

I'm not finishing this book at the moment. Not because it's bad, but because I find Nick's POV very hard to focus on reading, which makes it difficult for me to keep track of what's going on.
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh… the one with far from perfect MCs. Gotta love those, right?

Nick, the License to Game guitarist, is pretty much considered the band’s screw up. He’s severely ADD and is his mind runs a million miles an hour.

When he’s assigned community service for a nude in public stunt, he sort of meets Dempsey Lawrence, a financial consultant to the stars, and is instantly intrigued.

Dempsey is suffering from Agoraphobia, and hasn’t left her house in years. Nowadays it’s easy, as everything can be brought
Lauren loves llamas
Content warnings: (view spoiler)

I first started reading Ms. Parker’s work with the excellent Snow and Ice Games series from last year, and I’ve followed along with the spin-off series of the band from the first book in that series, License to Game. I was happy to see that goofy Nick was finally getting his book!

“Do you always talk this much?” Dempsey
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
When I first started reading Inside Track I was a bit worried about Nick's internal thoughts. He's got ADHD and Tamsen Parker does an awesome job of making you feel like you are in his head. It was a little hard to take his thought patterns at first, but he's so guileless and sweet that I couldn't help falling for him. He ends up having to do some community service at a school and "meets" Dempsey over a video conferencing session she delivers after his presentation.

Nicky is immediately intrigue
Rhode
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Being inside the ADHD hero’s head was awesome because it’s exactly how I think. And I adored the heroine. This one is sweet without being sugary, and definitely feminist. My favorite book by this author so far.
Mel González
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review: https://bookswithwingss.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-inside-track-by-tamsen-parker.html

The Inside Track was nothing like what I imagined I would find in this book. In general I'm a bit wary of books about music stars, but this was deep and intricate and it explored important emotions that made me cry and feel profoundly at so many points. At the beginning I must admit that it was difficult to get into because Nick had ADHD and you don't know that when his narration starts but his mind goes a
Wendy Wagner
NAT
Mar 10, 2019
Shen Git
Mar 14, 2019
Tamsen Parker is a stay-at-home mom by day, erotic romance writer by naptime. She lives with her family outside of Boston, where she tweets too much, sleeps too little and is always in the middle of a book. Aside from good food, sweet rieslings and gin cocktails, she has a fondness for monograms and subway maps. She should really start drinking coffee.

You can sign up for her newsletter here to fin

License to Love (2 books)
  • Thrown Off Track (License to Love, #1)