Start by marking “Fing” as Want to Read:
Fing

Fing

The new children’s book from No. 1 bestselling author David Walliams – a deliciously daft Tall Story of a child who had everything, but still wanted more. Illustrated by artistic genius, Tony Ross.

Meet the Meeks!

Myrtle Meek has everything she could possibly want. But everything isn’t enough. She wants more, more, MORE! When Myrtle declares she wants a FING, there’s only on
Published February 21st 2019 by HarperCollinsChildren’sBooks

Start your review of Fing
Katy Noyes
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Elongated 'World's Worst Child' tale, not a strong Walliams story.

From the first, I had the feeling this was one of the WWC series, expanded. This was the first time my son has bought a Walliams' on day of publication, as he's such a fan of every other by the author (we've only missed out Awful Auntie). It's taken around 10 nights for me to read it to him, and he's enjoyed it.

So this review is not from his perspective - an 8 year old will love this: bum/poo jokes, lots of noises and silly creatu
✨ kathryn ✨
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, kids
I can definitely understand why my 10 year old cousin loved this book as much as he did. For me, it wasn’t as good as The Ice Monster which I read towards the end of last year. However, it was fun and super easy read!
Alice
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my what can i say, first even david walliams i read and its been thrilling , loved everu bit and im excited to resd more
Sophie Snowden
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novels
Lives up to its description- an explosively funny tale
Charlie
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
love this book
J. Lieutenant of Barad Dur
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A little bit of.... everything.
Hilarious. David Walliams at his best.
Read this book in just over an hour.
Perfect!!!
Stuey Mac
Mar 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book was so disappointing. The plot in this book was senseless and lazy, and nothing like his other books. Every third line is some form of onomatopoeia which was totally overused throughout. Walliams is compared to Ronald Dahl all the time, but aside from both being British, writing children’s stories, and having a knack for using invented words that’s where the similarities end. I read this as a read aloud to my class and couldn’t wait to finish it. He will need to pick up how game on the ...more
Kelly
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Enjoyed reading this my son. It is very Roald Dahl-esque and was enjoyable, however, it could have been significantly shorter and it felt that he was trying too hard by the end. The constant asterisks throughout the story were also off-putting for me as a reader and for my son as a listener.

I did like the onomatopoeia throughout and it allowed my son to get involved with the reading as well. Overall it is a fun read for parents and kids.
Jon Spriggs
Feb 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Half an idea for a story, badly executed. "The next Roald Dahl"? Ridiculous. Dahl would have made this 200+ "page" monstrosity ⅓ of a chapter. Disappointed.
Dawn Woods
Mar 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019
Read it because it featured a librarian (2) but couldn't wait to finish it. Usual toilet humour and formula although is a moral at the end
Saffron
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING
Anu
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Illustrations by Tony Ross.
I am an avid reader of David Walliams books.
I love his sense of humour, brilliant narration and his unique way of storytelling including the funny footnotes
Adventure starts with the parents quest to find Fing for their demanding kid and how it leads them on a terrifying and troublesome journey. I love the peaceful and happy ending. The author takes the readers with his amazing creativity to a different level of imagination.
In this book, I loved the part wher
Alice (Married To Books)
Listened to the audiobook via BookBeat UK!

David Walliams is hands down, one of the best audiobook narrators out there. Right away, I was hooked into his latest middle-grade read about a girl called Myrtle Meek, who really wants everything and anything and one such day, she demands to her parents to go out and get her a 'Fing' which really is a fluffy ball monster with one fat eye which loves to eat and destroy all in its path. This story did remind me of some of Roald Dahl's writing (that has be
Angie Rhodes
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Well David, you've done it again, had me laughing out loud. Myrtle Meek is anything but meek! she's the horribliest * ( yes it's a word , you can look it up in the Walliamsictionary) meanest little girl in the whole wide world..she makes Veruca Salt positively perfect, and she wants a FING, so her parents have to find one, because you don't say no to Myrtle! Yes I.maybe 54 , but you know, I don't care, every man, woman and child of every age should read David's books, because they make everyday ...more
Kev Penny
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I've no real problem with Walliams' whole 'rip off Dahl' effort (let's face it Dahl isn't gonna be writing any more of his own), it's just that based on this book he isn't actually all that great at it.
Deborah
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: primary-reads
First David Walliams book I’ve read. His books are extremely popular with our primary students. Perhaps this was the wrong one for me to try first. Was seriously underwhelmed, and found the characters and storyline irritating. The persistent awfulness of the child, Myrtle, and the relentless humour of all things gross and yucky was tiring.
Not keen to try another .
Remya Ramdas
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
So ,here is Fing by David Walliams.A book for 6-9 year olds ..It's a book about a very difficult girl and her equally outrageous demands ..Things come to a head when she asks for the weirdest ,strangest creature for a pet called Fing ..Rather she finally meets her match !!!The book is somewhat Roald Dahlish in the way it's written...With make believe monsters and author created words .Easy to follow, a fun plot ,plenty of illustrations it's an enjoyable read ...I am definitely going to look for ...more
Janay Brazier
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Perfectly daft and made me smile. Working in a primary school, I know I will be sharing this book.
Nadia Khaerunnisa
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Myrtle Meek is zeriouzly such a pain in the 4ss😂 entertaining and insightful for the children.
Violet Lucraft-Townley
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book
Lucie
I think that this was the weakest David Walliams's book I read so far.
peppersocks
Reflections and lessons learned: Daft kids story that reminds kids that librarians exist and that being demanding in life doesn’t always get you everything that you want!
Max
May 14, 2019 rated it liked it
It was funny but also weird. I thought it was really unrealistic so that made me think about it.
aqilahreads
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: three-star-reads
this definitely gives me a roald dahl feels! but of course, to make a comparison - is hard itself. david williams is a genius on his own & he could make a simple plot becomes more interesting to read. ...more
Tea
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!

This is David's latest book. and its completely mental. If your familiar with David's World Worst Children and love them. you will adore this. It is based only on one child Myrtle Meek and she is a nightmare child. who's life gets changed for ever after she demands, that she wants a Fing . Her parents both librarians, have no idea what Fing is so they go to the library and look it up in books. They find it and go on adventure to Collect the monster.

This book is classic Davi
Lin
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was fun and made me realise that I still have got my inner child in me! Mooreee moreeee
Carolyn Coote
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another entertaining book by David Walliams about two very meek parents, Maurice and Meredith, who have a totally horrid daughter, Myrtle, who has practically every toy in the world and demands they get her a Fing for her tenth birthday. Filled with hilarious illustrations and a huge amounts of onomatopoeia I loved it and so did the Grade 2 children I was reading it to. Walliams has a magical and sometimes unfathomable imagination and I adore his books. Reminiscent of Roald Dahl’s style I just k ...more
Jacqueline Lammin
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this to my daughter every night for the past week. Extremely funny story! We couldn’t wait to read it every night.
Millie
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fing was a really good book and I would definable recommended it to any David Walliam fans
Allison

• The Person Controller
  • The Boy Who Could Do What He Liked
  • The Parent Agency
  • The Dog Who Saved the World
  • Spectacular School Trip (Really...) (Tom Gates #17)
  • The Boy At the Back of the Class
  • The Taylor TurboChaser: From the million copy best-selling author
  • I Am Not A Loser
  • Best Book Day Ever! (so far) (Tom Gates, #4.5)
  • The Brilliant World of Tom Gates (Tom Gates, #1)
  • Yes! No (Maybe...) (Tom Gates #8)
  • Baby Aliens Got My Teacher! (Baby Aliens, #1)
  • The 13-Storey Treehouse
  • I'm Stuck in Your Kindle!
David Walliams is an actor and writer best known for his work with Matt Lucas in the multi-award-winning sketch show Little Britain. His debut children's novel, The Boy in the Dress, was published in 2008 to unanimous critical acclaim and he has since developed a reputation as a natural successor to Roald Dahl.