Start by marking “Can't You Just Get Over It?” as Want to Read:
Can't You Just Get Over It?

Can't You Just Get Over It?

An expressionless figure haunts Emily's dreams. Night after night, he pursues her, and night after night, she wakes as he stabs her.

When she starts seeing the figure at work and hearing voices, Emily begins to worry that her nightmares are becoming a reality. Something or someone is doing this to her, and as Halloween grows closer and the nightmares get worse, she begins
Published February 28th 2019 by Rowanvale Books Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Can't You Just Get Over It?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can't You Just Get Over It?

Start your review of Can't You Just Get Over It?
Linda Strong

Emily is not sleeping well. Horrible nightmares in which a masked man is chasing her and then stabbing her with a knife lead to her waking up screaming. But then there's also the voice .. a man's voice that no one else can hear.

When she starts seeing the figure while at work, she worries that her nightmares are becoming a reality. Is she losing her sanity?

Desperate for answers, Emily struggles against the disbelief of everyone around her as she searches for a way to reclaim her life from her
Nicki
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my opinion "can't you just get over it" is one of the most stupid and insensitive questions in the English language. I'm pretty certain there are many many people who have suffered terrible traumas or struggle to get through every day who would love to be able to get over it but unfortunately in reality it's just not that simple.

Night after night Emily's dreams are haunted by an expressionless figure who pursues her and stabs her just before she wakes up.

Her fear escalates when she starts
Janice Lombardo
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
My main thoughts were based on how long it took for Emily to actually see her doctors!

Emily has a fear of masks that escalates around Halloween. She also has awful nightmares that a man with a knife is preying on her. More so - she is "hearing voices". Initially she wonders if her boyfriend of a year, Mason, is behind this. She seems to sleep better when he is around and hears the voices less. As a working person, Emily is having trouble with her job due to the panic/anxiety attacks that follow
Maggie
Oct 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
I've really tried to get into this book. It sounded as if it would be a good read but I just can't get past how monumentally irritating the main character is!

I'm sure this will appeal to many readers, but sadly not for me. Thanks to Netgalley the publisher for letting me try to read this book!
Betsy
Exie
Oct 08, 2019
Goodreads Authors...: Can't you just get over it? 1 30 Aug 11, 2019 01:49AM
What did you think of the main character Emily? 1 2 Jul 23, 2019 09:57AM
I've always loved to write but when I lost my way, I started a degree in English and Creative Writing. Hoping this would help with my writing. I had an idea for a story but tried to put it at the back of my mind. However, taking this degree has opened the characters in my head and now the ideas just keep on coming.

Connect with me on