Start by marking “Murder in the Merchant City: from the author of Close Quarters” as Want to Read:
Murder in the Merchant City: from the author of Close Quarters

Murder in the Merchant City: from the author of Close Quarters

Annette Somerville, a young single mother, earns her living in a high-class Glasgow sauna parlour, scrupulously keeping her respectable home life separate from her professional activities. During a series of murders in the city, seemingly unconnected, Annette realises that all of the victims have been regular customers.

What should Annette do? No one else seems interested,

Published February 7th 2019 by Polygon

To ask other readers questions about Murder in the Merchant City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder in the Merchant City

Maureen Moyes
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book on a recent visit to Waterstones bookshop. It was on display and immediately caught my attention, a quick glance at the synopsis and I was running off to the tills.

Whilst murders are being committed, the men are linked only in that they have all been visitors to the same sauna parlour.

This book was very well written given the serious theme of the book being murder and the sleazy reputation of sauna parlours. The author wrote with such compassion that I could feel a real emp
Anne
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having been brought up in Glasgow I was drawn to this book as the story unfolds within the streets and areas in Glasgow which I am familiar with. I was not sure what to expect - murders are being committed, men are being killed and the only one thing that links them is that they have all been visitors to the same sauna parlour.
This book was actually really good. Although the subject matter of murder and the sleazy issue of sauna parlours is a serious topic, there was so much humour within this n
Abhinav Ka